JoAnna Pendergrass, DVM
JoAnna Pendergrass, DVM is a veterinarian and freelance medical writer in Atlanta, GA. After earning her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, she pursued a non-traditional career path as a veterinarian.
JoAnna completed a 2-year postdoctoral research fellowship in neuroscience at Emory University’s Yerkes National Primate Research Center, then became a medical writer. As founder and owner of JPen Communications, a medical communications company, JoAnna is passionate about educating pet parents about pet care and responsible pet ownership.
Although she does not currently have any pets to call her own, she loves living vicariously through other pet parents and watching Nat Geo!
Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa Cum Laude Hampton University
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
These are some of JoAnna’s publications, article contributions, and mentions found on different veterinary websites:
- Why Is My Dog So Clingy?
- Could Dogs Survive in a World Without Humans?
- Why Does My Dog Stare at Me?
- 5 Reasons Why Dog Dental Care Is Important
- How Often Should You Brush Dog Teeth and Cat Teeth?
- What Are the Benefits of Fish Oil for Dogs and Cats?
- How to Pick the Best Cat Food, According to Vets, and 32 Options That Meet the Criteria
- The Best Food for Dogs of All Ages, Including Kibble, Wet, and Fresh Food
- The 5 Best Dog Shampoos in 2022, According to a Veterinarian
- The 5 Best Medicated Shampoos for Dogs in 2021
- How Much Water Should a Dog Drink?
- Daily Paws Articles
- Articles from dvm360.com
- GoodRx Articles