Terry Linn Byrd
Dr. Teri Linn Byrd is a licensed veterinarian and animal conservationist who has spent 25+ years applying veterinary medical, surgical, and behavioral knowledge to compassionate health care for animals. She owned 3 practices and has served in over 30 clinics as a relief veterinarian. She has worked as a medical director, expert witness, teacher, and shelter veterinarian. A native of the Pacific Northwest, Dr. Byrd has had a lifelong passion for animals, as evidenced by her numerous rescue and animal conservation works in the U.S.
- Dr. Byrd is a member of the veterinarians.org expert panel since 2022.
- She owns 4pawsclinic, a veterinary clinic situated on a secluded island in Washington named “Vashon.”
- She is the founder of VetPetConnect.com, an international online veterinary consulting service, where her team has provided international veterinary online and telephone consultations and veterinary expert witness services. She can discuss any questions you might have about your animal’s health care, behavioral problems, and quality of life issues.
- She is an Animal Cruelty and Veterinary Forensics/Expert Witness at ASPCA.
- She is an advocate of “fear-free” veterinary treatment.
- She spent 8 years working simultaneously with Vashon Pet Protectors, Seattle Persian Rescue, and Gingers Pet Rescue.
Dr. Byrd graduated Cum Laude from Eastern Washington University with a B.S. in Biology/Zoology. She then earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from Washington State University in 1991. Dr. Byrd has then pursued multiple continuing education opportunities, including internal medicine, animal behavior, radiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, pharmacology, senior wellness, pain management, and preventive medicine.
Dr. Byrd has been featured and mentioned in the following: