What is the Best Elevated Dog Bed?
Below is our best elevated dog beds summary with top picks and reviews.
- Best Elevated Dog Bed Overall: K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
Chew-proof elevated dog bed made with ripstop ballistic fabric and sturdy construction.
- Best Dog Bed For Strong and Large Dogs: Kuranda Chew Proof Dog Bed
All-aluminum dog bed fit for large dogs and available with a 1-year warranty.
- Coziest Elevated Dog Bed: HDP Elevated Napper Cot
Stylish elevated bed with rust-resistant frame and water-resistant oxford polyester.
- Best Cooling Pet Bed: Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed
Portable, lightweight, and cooling dog bed with HDPE fabric.
- Best Dog Bed For Indoor and Outdoor Use: K&H Products Original Pet Cot
Elevated dog cot from a trustworthy brand fir for indoor and outdoor use.
- Most Easy-Maintenance Elevated Dog Bed: Vehoo Elevated Dog Bed
Textilene mesh and powder-coated steel with non-slip rubber fit.
- Best Outdoor Elevated Dog Bed: Pawhut Elevated Dog Bed
Portable dog cot with special canopy shade with UV protection and durable design.
- Best Foldable Elevated Dog Bed: GigaTent Elevated Dog Bed
Foldable, lightweight, and easy assembly elevated dog bed with a travel bag.
- Most Affordable Elevated Dog Bed: Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed
Portable and large dog bed with breathable mesh and budget-friendly price.
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed: KOPEKS Elevated Dog Bed With Foam Mattress
Minimalistic dog bed with a sturdy frame, orthopedic mattress, and water-resistant covers.
Are Raised Beds Good for Dogs?
Yes, elevated dog beds are good for dogs. Elevated dog beds are wonderful for both dogs and dog owners. Elevated dog beds offer a comfortable place to rest. They are firm, breathable, and keep dogs off the floor, which is not the most ideal place to rest a body.
For dog owners, raised beds ensure peace of mind – they know their dogs have a comfortable place to rest. Elevated dog beds are also very convenient as they are low maintenance and are very easy to clean.
Are Elevated Dog Beds Good for Joints?
Yes, raised beds are very good for dogs’ joints. In fact, elevated dog beds offer optimal support for joint health as they are just the right amount of firmness. Very soft beds can be challenging for dogs when getting up or laying down, while hard floors are damaging to doggy joints.
Pets with mobility issues and arthritis can benefit from using elevated dog beds as it is easier to get down and up. If your furry friend needs extra support, elevated dog beds with orthopedic mattresses should be able to provide it.
- This elevated dog bed resists all destructive dog habits such as chewing, biting, scratching, digging, and nesting.
- Designed to fit in all standard size dog crates. This crate dog bed fits snuggly (not tight) without any gaps.
- The metal dog bed frame prevents dogs from chewing the bed's fabric, and the sleek aluminum edges look great. The radical durability of this raised dog cot means it can be used indoors or outdoors.
What Are The Benefits Of Elevated Dog Beds?
From better air circulation to cold prevention to superior comfort – the list of benefits of elevated dog beds for dogs is long and complex.
In a nutshell, here is a short review of the benefits of elevated dog beds:
- Gets Your Dog Off The Floor. While many dogs enjoy sleeping on the floor, it can negatively affect them in the long run. Sleeping on a hard floor for a long time can cause pain at the pressure points like the hips, elbows, and hocks. Dogs sleep for most of the day. Spending that much time on a hard floor can cause body pain both in the short and long term. The floor is also not the cleanest place for a dog to sleep. The floor harbors dust, bacteria, and dirt from outside, all of which can affect your dog’s health. Elevated dog beds are the perfect way of getting the dog off the floor.
- Better Air Circulation. Elevated dog beds are excellent for keeping the dog cool while snoozing and sleeping. Most raised beds feature a breathable mesh fabric for an additional cooling effect caused by increasing airflow to your dog’s body. This is extra helpful if you live in a warm climate or if your dog enjoys naps outside in the sun. Also, elevated beds are great for keeping dogs warm during winter when the unheated floors become a hazard.
- Easy On The Knees. Elevated dog beds reduce the amount of stress applied to the knees. Standing up and laying down can be more difficult for older dogs as they lose mobility in their legs and hips. Certain breeds like German Shepherds are more prone to joint problems and should therefore be given extra attention when it comes to orthopedic health.
- Easy Maintenance and Cleaning. It’s very important to keep your dog’s bed clean to minimize the risk for infection and disease. Over time, dirt and lose fur can get stuck to the bed, leading to odors and irritation for your dog. Many dogs are also prone to the occasional accident, so it’s important to have a bed you can clean off easily when that happens. Luckily, the best elevated dog beds are very hygienic. In most cases, you’ll be able to simply wipe away any messes with water and a bit of soap if necessary. Elevated dog beds are designed for easy maintenance.
- Budget-friendly option. For pet parents on a budget, elevated dog beds can be a great way to spoil your pooch without overspending. Even though the beds are very durable and provide plenty of health benefits for your pet, they typically aren’t very expensive.
The Best Elevated Dog Beds Reviewed
Below is a list of what we believe to be the best elevated dog beds. To make the selections, we looked at functionality and price and chose the beds that have the perfect balance of both.
Summary: The K9 Ballistics is not only very supportive for your dog, but it’s also extremely durable. It uses ripstop ballistic nylon that is chew-proof, scratchproof, and is also water and dirt-resistant. The frame is made from tough aluminum that’s suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The sleeping surface is made from scratch and chew-proof nylon
- Strong aluminum stands
- Designed to fit in most dog crates and kennels
- Variety of sizes and designs
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Easy to clean
- The bed is on the pricier side of pet products
Review: Customers describe the K9 bed as a strong, durable bed that can withstand even the naughtiest of dogs. Many reported having spent hundreds of dollars on different beds over the years before finally settling on this one.
Summary: The Kuranda dog bed is ideal for large and medium dogs due to its strong build. The bed frame is made entirely of aluminum, and the fabric is made with tough vinyl.
- The fabric is chew-proof
- Lightweight for easy storage and movement
- Fits in a dog crate
- High weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- The vinyl fabric is easy to clean
- The aluminum frame is rust-resistant
- Comes in only one size
Review: According to reviews, Kuranda is one of the few beds that live up to the chew-proof label. The bed stands the test of time even with dogs that have long nails and love to chew on everything.
Summary: For dogs that prefer a soft sleeping surface, the HDP Napper Cot is a great choice. Even though it is soft, the padded cushion is made from a water-resistant polyester material that’s very durable. The frame is made from heavy-duty powder-coated steel for extra strength.
- Soft surface suited for dogs with joint problems and injuries
- The water-resistant fabric is easy to clean
- Frame made from rust-resistant steel
- Foldable for easy storage
- The cot comes in three sizes and five colors
- Only suitable for small dogs up to 40 lbs
Review: Reviewers have many great things to say about the Napper Coat, with the most outstanding being how durable it is. Others mention that the cot is very comfortable for nap time and is easy to travel with due to its small size.
Summary: This elevated cooling bed from Coolaroo is an affordable option that won’t compromise on quality. It uses a breathable polyethylene fabric that comes in several different colors and helps to increase airflow. It’s also resistant to pests, mold, and mildew. The lightweight frame is made with durable powder-coated steel.
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors.
- Breathable cooling fabric
- Easy to clean
- High weight capacity of 100 lbs
- Very affordable
- The bed requires some effort and time for assembly
Review: Fans of the Coolaroo bed praise how durable it is despite its pocket-friendly price. Many are repeat buyers who have used the bed before for years.
Summary: This comfy dog cot is made using high-quality 600 dernier fabric that is strong and supportive. The cover is fully removable and machine washable, so it is very easy to clean. The aluminum frame is very solid and can hold up to 200 pounds for larger dogs.–
- Easy to fold away for storage and travel
- Fabric is breathable and cooling in hot weather
- Has many compatible accessories like a canopy and cot cover
- Comes in a variety of sizes and colors
- The cot is easy to assemble
- High weight capacity of 200 lbs
- Some customers say that the bed isn’t durable when used outdoors.
Review: Reviewers describe the bed as durable, comfortable, and very low-maintenance. Even dog owners with dogs that love to scratch and chew are pleasantly surprised by the performance of the bed.
Summary: This versatile elevated dog bed is a great option that will keep your dog healthy and comfortable. The powder-coated steel frame supports up to 150 pounds and does not require any tools to assemble. The fabric itself is a breathable mesh that encourages plenty of airflow and keeps your dog supported. It comes in eight different colors to suit each and every style.
- Easy to assemble
- Slip-resistant legs
- Comes in eight colors and four sizes (small, medium, large, and x-large)
- Breathable mesh center for optimal cooling in hot environments
- High weight capacity of 150 lbs
- Requires some energy during assembly
Review: Owners of large dogs are especially pleased with how well the bed holds their weight without sagging in the middle. Many dog owners have also found it to be durable, even for dogs that chew and scratch a lot.
Summary: This bed is a great option for any dog that likes to snooze outside. It has a canopy to protect your dog from the sun’s harsh UV rays or any light precipitation. The mesh is extra breathable and sits on a powder-coated steel frame for support. This elevated bed is best for small dogs, as it can only hold up to 55 pounds.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- The fabric is easy to clean
- Comes with a removable canopy
- Comes in a variety of sizes
- Easy to assemble and lightweight
- Low weight capacity of 55 lbs
Review: Dogs love this bed as much as their owners. Outdoor dogs especially love to lie on the bed on sunny days under the protection of the canopy. Customers also describe the bed as durable and well-made.
Summary: This supportive elevated dog bed is a great portable option for many different types of dogs. It folds up, so you can take it with you on the go when you travel. There’s no assembly required, and it uses a durable steel frame. The fabric itself is a durable polyester thus ensuring excellent support to your dog.
- Folds in half for easy storage
- Easy to clean
- Water-proof fabric
- Doesn’t require assembly
- High weight capacity of 100 lbs
- The metal rods are not very lasting
Review: Many of the dog owners that have used the bed highly recommend it to others. They say the bed is travel-friendly, durable, well-made, and very comfortable for dogs.
Summary: This is a very stable elevated dog bed made using a very breathable mesh. The secure frame is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, and the legs will stay stable on any surface. The mesh is eco-friendly and recyclable. It’s also very breathable, letting in plenty of air to keep your dog cool. When you need to clean it, it’s very easy to hose down with soap and water.
- Breathable mesh fabric for optimal cooling on hot days
- Skid-resistant feet that keep it from sliding on the floor
- Rust-resistant frame
- Easy to set up
- Easy to clean
- Comes in two colors and three sizes
- According to reviews, the bed is best suited for small and calm dogs. Very large and active dogs can easily damage the fabric.
Review: Reviewers say that the bed is a great bargain. Customers report that, for the price, the bed provides a reasonably comfortable and durable place for a dog to rest.
Summary: If your dog needs a little bit of extra support, this elevated dog bed with a foam mattress could be a great pick. The thick mattress is soft and comfortable and reduces pressure on your dog’s body for a more comfortable sleep. The frame itself is made from durable powder-coated steel. The bed has a removable, washable cover that is made of durable polyester and is water-resistant.
- Extra support for dogs with joint problems like arthritis
- Removable mattress cover for easy cleaning and machine washing
- The bed doesn’t require set up
- The bed is built for all dog sizes and ages
- Bulky overall design
- Takes up a lot of storing space
Review: Pet owners that have tried the Kopek bed say that their dogs love it because of how comfortable it is. They also love that it is easy to clean, which keeps it smelling fresh for a long time.
How Much are Elevated Dog Beds?
The cost of elevated dog beds ranges from $30 to over $150. Like most products, the more spent on it, the more likely it is to be of higher quality.
Pricier elevated dog beds tend to have better qualities like a strong frame, a more durable fabric, and sometimes a longer warranty.
What Should I Look for in an Elevated Dog Bed?
In fact, when searching for elevated dog beds, you need to consider several factors. Here is what you need to think about:
- Materials. You need to pay attention to the materials. This applies to both the fabric parts as well as the wood, PVC, or plastic parts of the raised dog bed.
- Design. Original elevated pet beds come in different designs such as standard, sofas, and hammocks. Choose the type that suits your dog’s needs best.
- Size. Obviously, the size of the bed needs to fit the dog perfectly. The bed must be big enough to ensure comfort yet small enough to prevent behavioral issues.
- Character. You should consider the dog’s temperament as well. For example, if your dog is a keen chewer, you need a stronger bed with a sturdier design.
- Features. Certain features set elevated dog beds above the competition. Such features are the inclusion of replacement covers, machine washable covers, etc.
- Price. Last but not least, do not click checkout on Amazon or Chewy before considering the price. High-quality elevated beds are lasting, but they eventually require replacement.