Table of Contents
Best Outdoor Dog Beds Summary
- Best Outdoor Dog Bed Overall: Veehoo Elevated Dog Bed
Outdoor dog bed that ticks all boxes for quality, safety, durability, and looks great.
- Best Cooling Outdoor Dog Bed: Coolaroo The Original Elevated Pet Bed
Stylish, raised, and breathable bed ideal for hot days when dogs need extra cooling.
- Best Outdoor Dog Bed for Giant Breeds: K&H PET PRODUCTS Original Bolster Pet Cot
Waterproof and high-quality bed perfect for rather large and giant dog breeds.
- Best Outdoor Dog Bed For Travel: Carhartt Durable Canvas Dog Bed
Lightweight and easily portable bed suitable for pet owners that are often on the go.
- Best Outdoor Dog Bed For Toy Breeds: Chuckit! Travel Bed
Fancy-looking and extra cozy dog bed ideal for toy breed dogs.
- Best Outdoor Dog Bed For a Crate or Kennel: Bedsure Waterproof Dog Bed
Multipurpose and unique design ideal for dog owners needing a bed and crate in one product.
- Best Outdoor Dog Bed For Small Breeds: AMOFY Pet Mats
High-quality design and perfect looks packed in a bed suited for small dogs.
- Best Chewproof Outdoor Dog Bed: K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
Bed with durable materials and design that can withstand the efforts of aggressive chewers.
- Best Cozy Outdoor Dog Bed: Amazon Basics Water-Resistant Pet Bed
Ultra-soft and cozy bed for spoiled dogs that can appreciate the extra comfort.
- Best Orthopedic Outdoor Dog Bed: Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Bed
Water-proof bed with memory foam that supports the dog’s joints and alleviates pressure points.
Can You Put a Dog Bed Outside?
Yes, you can put a dog bed outside. All pet beds can be used as outdoor dog beds, but not every bed should be an outdoor bed. Some beds are made to work both indoors and outdoors, while some are made for only the indoors.
When deciding on outdoor dog beds, it is best to find one that is built to work outdoors. Outdoor dog beds are designed to withstand more wear from the elements are usually easier to clean. On the other hand, indoor beds are more fragile and are more difficult or even impossible to clean after outdoor use.
What are the Benefits of Outdoor Dog Beds?
From heated dog beds with short-haired dogs to beds with orthopedic foam for dogs with achy joints – dog beds come with an array of features and benefits. Here are the benefits of outdoor dog beds:
- Outdoor dog beds give your dog a safe place to rest and relax outside the house. Even if you set up the pup’s pet bed on open ground, you don’t have to worry about her getting ant bites or tick bites, not to mention infections from bacteria and worms.
- Some outdoor dog beds are multi-purpose. That means you can set up and use these outdoor dog beds wherever you choose – be it indoors or on camping trips.
- If your canine suffers from joint problems or has limited mobility, outdoor dog beds can help keep the pressure off the joints. Outdoor dog beds are also ideal for pet parents who don’t want their pets to miss out on fresh air and sunshine due to joint pain or stiffness.
The Best Outdoor Dog Beds Reviewed
With so many different outdoor dog beds on the pet market, finding the right one requires some research. To make things simpler, we have reviewed the best outdoor dog beds.
Summary: Apart from being available in three size variations and five different color options, these outdoor dog beds can also provide your pup with optimal ventilation thanks to their Textilene and mesh fabric cover. The robust powder-coated steel frame is ideal for large-breed dogs, and the non-skid rubber feet protect your floors from scratches.
- Comes in four sizes and eight colors
- Breathable fabric for better airflow
- Easy to assemble
- Non-skid feet to keep the bed from moving
- High weight capacity of 150 lbs
- Due to how popular the bed is, some sizes are often out of stock
Review: Customers love this bed for its spaciousness. Some dog owners even use it for multiple dogs. Reports also mention that the bed is very durable and can withstand regular use for years, even with destructive dogs.
Summary: Featured on the reputableAAmazon’s Choice list – the Coolaroo Elevated Bed is another stellar option for pet parents interested in an off-the-ground dog bed. Not only is this product made from high-density polyethylene fabric, but it is also mildew, mold, mite, and flea resistant! Additionally, the Coolaroo elevated bed comes with a suspended platform that provides the perfect solution for your pooch s joint aches and pains. The powder-coated steel frame can hold up to 100 pounds in weight.
- Comes in three sizes and six colors
- Breathable fabric for cooling on hot days
- Easy to assemble
- High weight capacity of 100 lbs
- Not suited for giant breeds over 100 lbs
Review: In the words of one of the reviewers, this dog bed will last. The durable frame and fabric of the Coolaro amaze dog owners from all over the world. Customers say that the outdoor dog beds are truly weatherproof and won’t budge even in extreme weather conditions.
Summary: Meant for indoor-outdoor use, the K&H Bolster bed combines the unique hammock design with three plushy bolsters to offer your pooch the best of both worlds. Available in three sizes, this dog cot stands 7 inches off the ground and features a permeable mesh center to make sure your pups stay relaxed at all times. The fabric is made from 600D nylon that’s waterproof and mold, mildew, and bacteria resistant. Finally, the removable bolster on this elevated pet bed is also machine washable.
- Comes in three sizes-small, medium, and large
- Breathable mesh center for better airflow
- Rubber feet to protect your floors from damage
- Easy to assemble
- Detachable bolster for extra comfort
- Has room for a cot cover that can shield your dog from direct sunlight
- Comes in only one color, chocolate brown
Review: Dog owners describe this bed as easy to set up, clean, and maintain. The bed takes on even the largest of dogs without a problem. Dogs love it just as much, and the attachable cot makes outdoor siestas all the more fun.
Summary: This pillow bed is available in five different hues and includes a 12-ounce cotton duck canvas cover that’s super-sturdy and perfect for outdoor venues. The removable zippered cover is machine washable, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning.
- Comes in three sizes and eight colors
- Portable during times of travel
- Requires no assembly
- Cloth cover is removable and suitable for machine wash
- Not breathable and does not allow sufficient airflow in hot environments
Review: Positive reviews of the Carhartt bed describe it as big and very comfortable. Dog owners love that the cover is removable and machine washable, which keeps it clean and fresh always.
Summary: Not only is this entire bed machine washable and specially designed to hold its shape after multiple washes. The nylon rip-stop bottom adds to the product’s durability, and built-in loops for easy outdoor air drying add to its overall convenience. These outdoor dog beds are one smart way to keep your dog cool and comfortable.
- Lightweight and portable
- Requires no assembly
- Comes with a bag for easy storage
- The whole bed is machine-washable
- No large sizes available
- Only suited for small dogs up to 25 lbs
Review: Many reviewers love that this bed is lightweight, portable, and washable. Traveling with the bed is a breeze since it takes up very little space and is easy to carry. The bed is also very comfortable for toy dogs.
Summary: The Bedsure Pet Bed is a great option for dog owners with large dogs. It doubles as an orthopedic dog bed for dogs who have joint problems. In addition to a non-skid base, the pet bed includes a thick fleece cover to offer maximum comfort. The cover is easily removable and is washing-machine friendly. While the cover isn’t water-resistant, the outdoor dog bed comes equipped with a waterproof inner liner to keep the plush polyfill stuffing safe from liquids.
- Comes in two colors and three sizes – medium, large and x-large
- Waterproof to protect the bed from spills and dog urine
- Easy to put together
- Machine-washable cover and dog mat
- Non-slip bottom to keep the bed in place
- No small sizes are available
Review: Dog owners that have tried this bed highly recommend it for its thick size and comfort. Dogs are just as happy with the bed, with many using the bed without prompting or training. The removable, machine-washable fabric is another plus that dog owners seem to enjoy.
Summary: The AMOFY dog mattress is made from soft polyester that’s suitable for use in all seasons and can aid your dog stay cool and comfortable. Additionally, the fabric is made washing-machine friendly, scratch and water-resistant! Themmat’s base includes non-skid material to keep it from slipping. This bed is extremely portable and works well as a traveling outdoor pet bed.
- Lightweight and portable
- Requires no assembly
- Easy to clean in the washer
- Comes with a storage bag
- Water-resistant material to protect the bed from fluids
- Not suitable for large and giant breed dogs
Review: Most customers of this bed love how easy it is to handle. They love that it requires no assembly, it is machine-washable, and it is water-resistant. Dog owners that travel with their dogs are the biggest fans of these outdoor dog beds.
Summary: The K9 Ballistics chew-proof elevated bed is not only a great option for dogs that are chewers, but it’s also ideal for dogs with other destructive habits like scratching, digging, nesting, etc. The bed is made from industrial strength ballistic nylon that’s water-resistant and very easy to clean. The pet bed comes along with a 180-day chew-proof warranty.
- Comes in four colors and four sizes, small, medium, large, and x-large
- Chewproof fabric
- Sturdy build to withstand destructive dogs
- Fits most standard-sized crates and dog houses
- Fabriciisn’t as breathable as other options on this list
Review: Customers found that this is one of the most durable beds on the market. One owner says that her Great Danes jump, leap, play, and lay on the bed, and it is still holding out without a problem. She says that it is truly chew-proof and will survive even the most notorious chewers.
The Amazon Basics Water Resistant Pet Bed is perfectly constructed to help small dogs feel secure and comfy, and its compact size also makes it safe to use as a travel dog bed. The base is surrounded by raised walls on both sides and includes a low front edge for easy access. It is a rectangle dog bed but also comes as an oval. The bed features an Oxford fabric cover, which is water-resistant and can be spot-cleaned.
- Comes in six sizes and two designs (teal and royal blue)
- Water-resistant fabric
- Raised walls to give your dog an extra sense of security
- Requires no assembly
- The bed takes a while to clean due to the large surface area
Review: This bed is a hit among dog owners that have tried. Dog owners say that dogs love the cozy feeling sig get from the walls of the bed. Most dogs are excited to try it out and don’t need any convincing to get used to it.
Summary: These outdoor dog beds offer a double-cushion mattress design that includes a layer of polyurethane memory foam to support your pup’s pressure points. While the top isn’t water-resistant – the mattress is protected thanks to a waterproof inner liner.
- Comes in four sizes, small, medium, large, and extra-large
- Waterproof to protect the bed from spills
- The removable cover is machine washable
- Non-skid bottom to keep the bed in place
- High weight capacity of 110 lbs
- Non-compact design that requires more space for storage and travel
Review: Dog owners with dogs with mobility issues especially love this bed. They say that the memory foam is very supportive and comfortable. One reviewer mentioned that he barely wants to get up from it when snuggling with his dog.
What is the Best Outdoor Dog Bed?
The Veehoo Elevated Dog Bed is the best outdoor dog bed. It is not only suitable for all dog types but also has great features like a non-skid bottom, breathable fabric, and a high weight capacity. It has all the makings of the perfect outdoor dog bed.
To ensure that you are choosing high-quality outdoor dog beds for yourself, keep these considerations in mind before clicking checkout:
- Elevation. An elevated dog bed is made to keep your pup dirt-free and to keep it safe from bugs, etc. Additionally, raised dog beds are great as far as joint pain is concerned because they help keep the pressure off your pup’s joints.
- Material (Breathable Fabrics). You should pay special attention to the quality of breathability when it comes to fabrics. Elevated outdoor dog beds generally have a mesh and Textilene combo – which is ideal because Textilene is waterproof, and mesh is super breathable. Some outdoor dog beds utilize canvas fabric to help your dog stay cool.
- Durability. To land durable outdoor dog beds, you’ll need to pay attention to its construction materials. Elevated dog beds with a steel or iron frame will generally be long-lasting, but if the product also comes equipped with heavy-duty fabric, that’s a plus. Pet beds with polyurethane memory foam (along with a waterproof liner) are also pretty resilient.
- Weatherproof. Any outdoor dog bed will need to be able to withstand the elements. To ensure your outdoor elevated pet bed can stand the rigors of being kept out in the open, opt for pet products that are specifically marketed for outdoor use.
- Portability. If you’re looking for outdoor dog beds you can easily transport, you will want to pick options that offer tool-free assembly. Such elevated dog beds are generally foldable and easy to fit in your car. On the other hand, if you prefer outdoor dog beds with memory foam or polyester filling, then portability will depend on the size of the product you pick out.
- The open design of the travel mat gives both dogs and cats plenty of room to sleep in a variety of positions, with its low profile, packable form factor making it ideal for use in multiple settings.
- The foldable travel mat features smooth fabric that is gentle on noses and paws, with high-loft polyester batting that adds cushioned padding for insulation, as well as enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort.
- The packable travel dog mat is foldable and comes with a separate stuff sack for portability and easy storage.