Blue Wilderness Dog Food Summary
- Best Blue Wilderness Dog Food for Puppies: Blue Buffalo Wilderness High-Protein Puppy Dry Dog Food
Packed with Blue’s LifeSource Bits and DHA omega fatty acids for cognition, this puppy food is ideal for growing dogs.
- Best Blue Wilderness Dog Food for Seniors: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Senior Dry Dog Food
Featuring red meat as the main protein source and essential nutrients, this kibble supports health in aging dogs.
- Best Wet Blue Wilderness Dog Food: Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Adult Wet Dog Food
Delicious turkey and chicken grill recipe with healthy ingredients and ideal moisture content for adult dogs of all breeds.
- Best Blue Wilderness Dog Treats: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Grain-Free Crunchy Biscuits Duck Recipe
With real meat and free from grain and gluten, these protein-rich dog treats are suitable for dogs of all life stages.
- This high protein dog food features real salmon to help build and maintain lean muscle mass
- BLUE Wilderness grain free dog food, made with healthy carbohydrates including sweet potatoes and peas, helps fuel your adult dog’s active lifestyle; It also contains omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health
- A precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage needs and a healthy oxidative balance
What is Blue Wilderness Dog Food?
Blue Wilderness Dog Food is a grain-free, high-protein, low-carbohydrate food that offers dogs the nutrition they need to thrive. It includes natural ingredients, such as deboned chicken and wild boar, and is formulated with essential vitamins and minerals.
Blue Wilderness Dog Food is made with whole meat proteins high in digestibility. This means your dog will get all the nutrients they need from their food. The ingredients are sourced from around the world and tested for quality assurance before they’re added to their recipe.
Where is Blue Wilderness Dog Food made?
Blue Buffalo makes several varieties of dog and dry cat food, including Blue Freedom and Blue Life Protection Formula. The company also makes treats and supplements for dogs and cats.
How is Blue Wilderness Dog Food made?
Blue Wilderness Dog Food is made with real meat as the first ingredient. It contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. The food is produced in a USDA-inspected facility that uses human-grade ingredients from trusted sources.
Is Blue Wilderness Food Good For Dogs?
Yes, Blue Wilderness Dog Food is good.
Blue Wilderness Dog Food is made with real meat and natural ingredients, so it is an excellent choice if you want to feed your pup a diet rich in protein.
Plus, each Blue Buffalo recipe features the brand’s hallmark LifeSource Bits – patented bits made of health-boosting antioxidants and nutrients.
Blue Wilderness Dog Food Formulas Reviewed
Blue Wilderness is worth considering if you’re looking for a premium brand to provide your dog with all the nutrients it needs. Here are some of the brand’s recipes reviewed.
Summary: This pet food features a high-quality protein blend of deboned chicken, chicken meal, and salmon meal. The added salmon oil naturally supports healthy skin and coat development. The inclusion of sweet potatoes provides an excellent source of complex carbohydrates that help fuel physical activity while also providing vitamins and minerals like beta carotene and B vitamins.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Adult dogs
Flavor Options: Chicken plus Wholesome Grains; Salmon plus Wholesome Grains, Salmon Grain Free, Chicken Grain-Free; Duck Grain Free
Price: $2.71 per pound
- High protein recipe for optimal energy levels
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health
- Low-fat formula for healthy weight control
- With immune system-boosting nutrients
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Great Ingredients: Deboned salmon, peas, pea protein, dried tomato pomace, dried egg product, pea starch, flaxseed, direct dehydrated alfalfa pellets, DL-methionine, dried chicory root, potatoes, pea fiber, alfalfa nutrient concentrate, calcium carbonate, choline chloride, sweet potatoes, carrots, potassium chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, blueberries, cranberries, barley grass, parsley, turmeric, dried kelp, niacin, calcium pantothenate, l-carnitine, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin c), l-lysine, copper sulfate, biotin, vitamin A supplement, calcium iodate, dried yeast, probiotics, folic acid, sodium selenite, oil of rosemary
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Chicken meal, chicken fat, fish meal, tapioca
Review: With a rating of 4.7 stars, pet owners love this pet food, and it’s easy to see why. It’s made with 100% natural ingredients, including salmon and sweet potatoes. The food is grain-free, which means it’s free from common allergens like corn and wheat. Plus, it has zero artificial colors or flavors.
Summary: This puppy food is made in the USA with high-quality and globally sourced ingredients. The formula features over 30% of protein to satisfy the unique nutritional needs of growing pups. It is packed with antioxidant-rich fruits, fiber-rich veggies, and complex carbohydrates. The food has DHA & ARA for eye and brain development. Plus, it supports healthy muscle growth and prevents plaque build-up on the puppy’s teeth.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Puppies
Flavor Options: Chicken Grain-Free; Chicken with Grain; Red Meat; Turkey & Chicken
Price: $2.71 per pound
- Real chicken is the first ingredient
- DHA & ARA for eye health and cognition
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Supports the dog’s immune system
- Available in a grain-friendly option (with brown rice)
- Contains meat meals and tapioca
- Great Ingredients: Deboned chicken, pea protein, peas, pea starch, dried egg product, dried tomato pomace, flaxseed, fish oil, dl-methionine, potassium chloride, dried chicory root, choline chloride, pea fiber, calcium carbonate, sweet potatoes, carrots, zinc amino acid chelate, blueberries, cranberries, natural flavor, l-carnitine, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, l-lysine, copper sulfate, biotin, vitamin A supplement, taurine, calcium iodate, probiotics, oil of rosemary
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Chicken meal, fish meal, tapioca, chicken fat
Review: Customers say this puppy food is an excellent source of nutrition, and their puppies are looking forward to mealtime when served with the kibble. Pet owners on Amazon give the formula 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Summary: Enhanced with natural vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, this high-protein food is ideal for senior dogs. It is free from meat by-product meals, artificial preservatives, and potential allergens like corn, wheat, and soy. The food features a blend of healthy red meat that helps older dogs build and maintain lean muscle mass. It is also packed with complex carbohydrates, healthy fruits, and veggies.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Senior dogs
Flavor Options: Red Meat; Chicken
Price: $3.09 per pound
- Quality proteins for optimal energy levels
- Omega fatty acids for skin & coat health
- Glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health
- Boosts the immune system
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- More expensive than other options on the list
- Great Ingredients: Deboned beef, peas, pea protein, pea starch, dried tomato pomace, dried egg product, potatoes, flaxseed, fish oil, deboned lamb, deboned venison, dl-methionine, choline chloride, dried chicory root, pea fiber, calcium carbonate, salt, taurine, sweet potatoes, carrots, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), l-carnitine, glucosamine, blueberries, cranberries, barley grass, parsley, turmeric, dried kelp, yucca schidigera extract, niacin, calcium pantothenate, l-lysine, copper sulfate, biotin, vitamin A supplement, probiotics, oil of rosemary
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Fish meal, beef meal, tapioca, canola oil
Review: Pet owners describe this senior formula as an awesome recipe. They are satisfied with the quality ingredients and the fact their dogs enjoy the taste. Amazon customers give the formula 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Summary: Made with wholesome foods and real turkey & real chicken as the first two ingredients, this wet dog food is nutrient-dense and delicious. Rich in moisture, it keeps dogs hydrated. Plus, it is packed with flavor and texture that even picky eaters find enticing. The food can be used in three different ways – as a dog treat, as a tasty food topper, or as a complete and balanced meal.
Type: Wet dog food
Best for: Adult dogs
Flavor Options: Turkey & Chicken; Beef & Chicken; Duck & Chicken; Salmon & Chicken; Trout & Chicken
Price: $54.00 per 12 cans (12.5-oz)
- Made with wholesome ingredients
- Real turkey and real chicken recipe
- High moisture content for daily hydration
- Adds variety to every meal
- Available in different flavor options
- Great Ingredients: Turkey, chicken broth, chicken, potatoes, flaxseed, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, zinc amino acid chelate, vitamin E supplement, thiamine mononitrate, niacin, calcium, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid, potassium iodide, pyridoxine hydrochloride
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Carrageenan
Review: Amazon customers give the recipe 4.6 out of 5 stars and describe it as the best dog food on the market. They say the food is packed with high-quality ingredients, easy to serve, and with a taste dogs enjoy.
Summary: The crunchy duck trail treats are made using wholesome and healthy ingredients. They are delicious and dog-friendly textured. The treats are not a meal substitute – instead, they should be used for intermittent and supplemental feeding. They are free from by-product meals, additives, and grains. Plus, they are rich in omega fatty acids and support skin & coat health.
Type: Dog treats
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Duck; Salmon; Turkey; Bison; Red Meat; Duck, Turkey & Salmon; Salmon, Venison & Halibut
Price: $13.98 per bag (24-oz)
- Grain-free, packed with real duck
- Delicious taste and crunchy texture
- No corn, wheat, or soy
- Free from artificial preservatives
- Fit for large and small breed dogs
- Not a source of complete and balanced nutrition
- Great Ingredients: Duck, potato, flaxseed (source of omega 3-fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids), salt, calcium carbonate, preserved with mixed tocopherols & oil of rosemary
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Chicken meal, chicken fat
Review: Pet owners say their dogs absolutely love these treats. They mention that the crunchy biscuits are enticing even to picky eaters. All in all, customers give the treats 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
What Dog Food Formulas does Blue Wilderness Make?
Blue Wilderness Dog Food makes dry formulas, wet recipes, and dog treats. Here is a list of the different product types and options:
- Blue Wilderness Dry Dog Food
- BLUE Wilderness Large Breed Puppy Chicken
- BLUE Wilderness Salmon with Grains Recipe
- BLUE Wilderness Adult Red Meat
- BLUE Wilderness Adult Healthy Weight Chicken
- BLUE Wilderness Adult Small Bite Chicken
- BLUE Wilderness Toy Breed Adult Chicken
- BLUE Wilderness Large Breed Adult Chicken with Grains Recipe
- BLUE Wilderness Adult Large Breed Healthy Weight Chicken
- BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Puppy Red Meat
- BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe Adult Bison
- BLUE Wilderness Denali Dinner Adult Wild Salmon, Venison & Halibut
- BLUE Wilderness Flatland Feast Adult Turkey, Quail, & Duck
- Blue Wilderness Wet Dog Food
- BLUE Wilderness Puppy Turkey & Chicken Grill
- BLUE Wilderness Salmon & Chicken With Grains
- BLUE Wilderness Adult Healthy Weight Turkey & Chicken Grill
- BLUE Wilderness Small Breed Adult Turkey & Chicken Grill
- BLUE Wilderness Trail Tubs Beef Stew
- BLUE Wilderness Trail Trays Duck Dinner
- BLUE Wilderness Denali Dinner Wild Salmon, Venison & Halibut
- BLUE Wilderness Wolf Creek Stew Chunky Chicken Stew
- BLUE Wilderness Wild Cuts Chunky Salmon Bites
- Blue Wilderness Dog Treats
- BLUE Wilderness Denali Biscuits
- BLUE Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe
- BLUE Wilderness Snake River Stix
- BLUE Wilderness Flatland Stix
- BLUE Wilderness Trail Treats Duck Wild Bits
- BLUE Wilderness Trail Treats Turkey Jerky
- BLUE Wilderness Wild Bones
Has Blue Wilderness Dog Food Been Recalled?
Yes, Blue Wilderness Dog Food has been recalled.
Blue Wilderness canned dog food was recalled in March 2017 after tests revealed that the product contained elevated levels of naturally-occurring beef thyroid hormone – an ingredient not listed on the label.
Is Blue Wilderness Dog Food Worth It?
Yes, Blue Wilderness Dog Food is worth it.
Blue Wilderness Dog Food uses real meat as the number one ingredient in its formulas. This means your dog will get a high-quality protein source from the first bite of food. This is important because dogs need protein to build lean muscle mass and keep their bodies healthy.
Blue Wilderness Dog Food has been a favorite for many years. This isn’t just because it’s made by Blue Buffalo, one of the top brands in the market. It’s also because Blue Wilderness offers a wide variety of formulas, from grain-free to grain-inclusive options, and each recipe comes with its own set of wellness benefits.