Table of Contents
Best Bully Sticks Summary
- Best Overall Bully Stick for Dogs: Best Bully Sticks All Natural Dog Treats
100% natural and highly digestible USA-made sticks ideal for heavy chewers.
- Best Bully Stick for Puppies: Nature Gnaws Bully Sticks
Simple, natural, and delicious sticks with a consistency fit for puppies.
- Best Deal on Bully Sticks for Dogs: Cadet Bully Sticks Dog Treats
Protein-rich, easily digestible, and single-ingredient sticks of high quality.
- Most Lasting Bully Sticks for Dogs: Jack&Pup Thick Bully Sticks
All-natural sticks designed for tasty, entertaining, and long-lasting chew time.
- Most Versatile Bully Sticks for Dogs: Natural Farm Bully Sticks
Grain-free, single-ingredient, 100% beef sticks available in different shapes.
- Best Low-Odor Bully Sticks for Dogs: Brutus & Barnaby Bully Sticks for Dogs
All-natural and 100% beef bully sticks made with a special low-odor formula.
What is a Bully Stick?
A bully stick is a single ingredient and natural dog chew treat.
Sticks are perfect for dogs that love chewing and are a great alternative to rawhides. These beef sticks are known by many names, including pizzle sticks, pizzles, bull pizzles, or steer sticks.
What are Bully Sticks Made of?
Beef sticks are made of bull muscles. To be more exact, they are made from muscles from a bull’s pizzle or penis. The best quality sticks are made from 100% bull muscle and don’t contain any other ingredients.
To make bully sticks, the pizzle is drained, cooked, dried, and then packaged for sale. If your dog has a beef sensitivity, you can opt for chew sticks made from bison or buffalo.
Why are Bully Sticks Good for Dogs?
Bully or pizzle sticks aren’t just tasty treats for your dog to snack on. They also offer a wide array of health benefits which include:
- Nutrition. Beef sticks are a wonderful source of high-quality protein which is essential for proper growth, maintenance, and body tissue repair.
- Dental Health. As your dog chews on beef bully sticks, they help remove plaque and prevent tartar buildup. Therefore beef sticks support the dog’s teeth.
- No Destructiveness. Dogs are born chewers and unless provided with chew treats they will chew on anything. Chewing in dogs can also be due to anxiety.
- Safety. Being soft textured sticks don’t splinter and cause injuries in your dog’s mouth like bones or antlers. They are also easier to digest than rawhides, jerkies, and pig ears.
- Universal Suitability. Beef sticks are safe for puppies and small dogs the same way they are safe for adults and heavy chewers. Strong chewers do best with braided bully sticks.
Why Shouldn’t You Give Your Dog Bully Sticks?
While natural bully sticks are safe and tasty, there are certain situations in which they should be avoided. Such situations include:
- Dental Problems. While flexible sticks still require a good amount of strength to gnaw on. Do not give your dog bully sticks if it has loose teeth or a jaw injury.
- Beef Sensitivities. Dogs that are allergic or sensitive to beef should not be given bully sticks. In such cases, owners should go for sticks from bison.
- Weight Loss Regimens. Since they are made of pure meat, sticks are calorie-dense and not suitable for dogs that need to lose weight.
The Best Bully Sticks Reviewed
Many dog food brands offer sticks too. With so many options, it is overwhelming for owners to find the right product. Here are the best pizzle sticks for dogs reviewed.
Summary: Made with 100% beef, these pizzle sticks are a wonderful chew treat that will keep your dog occupied for a while. The sticks are made from grass-fed, free-range beef to ensure the best taste and maximum nutritional quality. They are sorted by hand to ensure even the sizing of the sticks when packing. The brand estimates each stick to be about 67 calories.
- Number 1 online bully stick brand
- Made from grass-fed, free-range beef
- Contain no hormones and artificial additives
- Hand-sorted to ensure even sizing
- 100% natural, baked, and packed in the USA
- Often out of stock
Review: Dog owners are very happy with these beef sticks. Even more importantly, dogs are just pleased with them, including the picky eaters. All in all, these sticks are held in high regard by both pet parents and pets.
Summary: These grain-free sticks are made in a human-grade facility and tested thoroughly to minimize the risk of bacterial contamination. They contain one single ingredient which is grass-fed beef. They come in two lengths: 6 inches and 12 inches, and four sizes; extra thin, small, large, and jumbo bully sticks.
- Made from grass-fed, free-range beef
- Free from preservatives and chemicals
- Different braided bully sticks
- Come in different lengths, shapes, and sizes
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes and ages
- Have a strong unpleasant odor
Review: Dog owners only have good things to say about these sticks. They say the sticks do a great job of keeping their dogs’ teeth clean and healthy. Their wonderful flavor also makes them great rewards for dogs during training sessions.
Summary: You won’t regret getting these beef sticks for your beloved dog. The pizzle sticks are of excellent quality with only one ingredient, which is beef. They come in three sizes: extra small, regular, and extra thick. They undergo additional inspections in the US to ensure that they meet the brand’s high standards of quality.
- Made with grass-fed beef
- Single-ingredient and high in protein
- Free from hazardous ingredients
- Highly digestible and support dental health
- Inspected in the USA
- Last shorter than other brands
Review: Pet parents say their dogs love these beef sticks for their smoky flavor. They say dogs even crave the sticks and demand them whenever they feel like having a chew treat. However, some parents say that the sticks don’t last very long.
Summary: The Jack & Pup beef sticks are wonderful for dog owners that want a variety of choices for their dogs. The sticks are made in a USDA-certified facility and come in three distinct shapes: bites, braids, and curls. The bites are best suited for small dogs as they can be a choking hazard for large breeds. The preparation process of these sticks ensures that they have a more subtle smell compared to other brands.
- With grass-fed, free-range beef
- Odor-free bully sticks
- Come in a variety of shapes
- Premium-grade chew treats
- Support dental health
- Release a scent when chewed
Review: The reviews of these beef sticks are very positive. One pet owner describes them as a magic solution to his dog’s chewing. Other parents are in agreement and are happy with not having their dogs not destroy their furniture.
Summary: Another type of beef pizzle stick that comes in a variety of shapes is the Natural Farm Bully Sticks. In addition to sticks, braids, and bites, these also come as rings and springs. This way, your dog can enjoy a variety of textures and never get bored. The sticks are available in three lengths: 6, 7, and 12 inches.
- Made with 100% grass-fed, free-range beef
- All-natural and grain-free formula
- Free from preservatives, hormones, or additives
- Come in five different shapes
- Support dental health and pleasant breath
- Quite pricey compared to other options
Review: The Natural Farm Sticks have many positive reviews, with many of them saying that dogs absolutely enjoy chewing on the treats. Pet parents say the treats last a long time and are great for distracting dogs from engaging in destructive behavior when stressed out.
Summary: These sticks are made using a cooking method that ensures they have a subtle odor that isn’t irritating to you. They are made with 100% grass-fed, free-range beef and don’t contain any other ingredients. They are truly great for dogs, and the only downside to them is that they come in only one shape.
- Made with grass-fed, free-range beef
- Cleaned in small batches
- Have a very subtle scent
- Fully digestible and free from chemicals
- Scrape away tartar and promote oral health
- Come in only one shape
Review: These sticks have about 2000 reviews and the majority of them are very positive. Reviewers say the sticks truly have a more bearable odor that is still pleasant to dogs. Dogs love the bully sticks and spend hours munching on them as the time passes.
What is the Best Bully Stick?
The best beef pizzle stick is the Best Bully Sticks All Natural Dog Treats. They are made with 100% grass-fed free-range beef and hand-selected to minimize variations in size. Plus, the sticks are reasonably priced and deliver premium quality that easily outshines most brands.
When choosing the best bully sticks for your dog, keep the following considerations in mind:
- Ingredients. The best bully sticks are a single-ingredient chew treat. If you opt for one with more, be sure to check that they are safe for your dog to eat.
- Size. Ensure the dog’s and stick’s sizes are in accordance. Giving a small dog a very big stick can cause injury, and a very small stick is a choking hazard to a large dog.
- Odor. Some sticks have a very strong odor. While most dogs don’t mind, some odors are strong enough to irritate humans. Choose a scent you are comfortable with.
- Price. If your dog is a heavy chewer, you will need a large supply of beef sticks. In such a case, it is worth checking the price before clicking auto-ship during checkout.
- Best Bully Sticks are a single-ingredient dog treat, making them one of the most natural and nutritious chews available for your pup. These high-quality dog chews are 100% beef, and contain no artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, or other additives.
- Durable and long-lasting, Best Bully Sticks scrape away tartar and plaque from the gumline through chewing action and saliva generation required to eat each bully stick. They promote good dental health and support your dog's brain, muscles, skin, and coat.
- Our Bully Sticks are 100% natural with no artificial preservatives or additives. This means they may contain a natural scent which you might not love but your pup will go CRAZY for!