Related Articles: Heated Cat Bed, Hanging Cat Bed, Cat Bed Cave, Cat Window Bed, Cat Bed Covers, Wicker Cat Bed, Elevated Cat Bed, Best Cat Bed, Tent Cat Bed, Cat Swing Bed, Luxury Cat Bed, Marshmallow Cat Bed, Small Cat Bed, Cat Bed, Cat Stairs for Bed, Large Cat Bed, Cat Desk Bed, Cheap Cat Bed, Outdoor Cat Bed, Cat Anxiety Bed
Best Calming Cat Beds Summary
What are the Benefits of Calming Cat Beds?
- Calmness and Relaxation. Calming cat beds are made with fur-like materials similar to animal skin. This can help calm an over-excited cat or even a dog.
- Sense of Safety. It is a known fact that cats like to crawl into small spaces. Most of these beds are shaped like a donut which gives your cats small spaces to burrow into.
- Warmth. Most calming pet beds are self-warming. This means that they are able to retain heat for extended periods keeping the cat warm without using electricity.
- Durability. These beds are very durable, waterproof, and have additional safety features like an anti-slip mat at the bottom.
- Easy Maintenance. To clean them, you just have to throw the bed or the removable cover into a washer just like any other piece of laundry.
The Best Calming Cat Beds Reviewed
Searching the pet market for the best calming cat bed can be a challenging task. To help you navigate the array of choices, we have reviewed the best calming beds for anxious cats.
Summary: This calming bed is just the thing your pet needs after a tiring day of playing. With super soft material, the bed is easily machine washable while its raised rim provides a sense of security and eases anxiety for your cat. This is also among the best pet products available online.
- Luxurious calming cat bed with soft plush fur
- Can be used as a donut dog bed
- High-quality orthopedic design
- Available in a variety of colors
- Anti-slip bottom for safe, aggressive use
- Available in only one size a
- The bed becomes deformed after regular use
Review: This is the best bed available for your pet to cuddle on thanks to its high-quality material. The donut shape helps calm your pet’s nervous system, keeping them relaxed for a comfortable snooze session.
Summary: This warming bed is perfect for small dogs or large cats and is available in a variety of colors including beige and light grey. The bed also offers neck support and a headrest. Finally, this donut cat bed is machine washable so your furry friend can remain clean easily.
- One of the most calming beds on the market
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Made with waterproof materials
- An anti-slip bottom for extra security
- With prolonged use, this bed becomes deformed and might need to be replaced.
- There are several other options available within the same price range.
Review: Gift your pet this comfy bed so that they can snuggle and snooze after a long day of playing around. The bed has received several positive customer reviews and can become a fine addition to your home.
Summary: Available in three sizes and a variety of colors, you can be sure to find the perfect fit for your cat or dog. Nest-like walls and a donut shape works to provide neck support and a headrest. The bed can also be easily washed in a machine ensuring constant hygiene.
- Comforting and relaxing design of the bed
- Ensures comfortable resting
- Anti-slip bottom for extra safety
- Machine washable cat bed design
- There are a lot more options available for the same price range
- Reading the size guide might be a bit confusing
Review: Based on multiple good reviews on sites like Amazon, you can be sure that you will be a premium quality bed for your USD. With a wide range of options, you can get a bed that will not only match your decor but also is the best gift your pet can get from you.
Summary: On top of being self-warming, the bed is also cozy and furry which replicates the skin of an animal. This can provide a comforting feeling for your cat or dog and help bring down anxiety levels in them. The bed is available in four sizes and a bunch of colors.
- Donut shape perfect for cats that like to snuggle
- An anti-slip PVC dot fabric bottom
- Safe and fit for highly energetic cats
- Machine-washable and easy to clean
- The size guide can be hard to interpret
- The bed might become deformed after prolonged use
Review: Among the top cuddler beds for pets with anxiety, you can be sure your dog or cat can have a relaxing sleep on this. Also, the bed is available in a multitude of colors and sizes which make it ideal for most pets.
Summary: The bed is available in three sizes and a variety of colors. You can use this bed to correct your pet’s haphazard sleeping habits. This is with the help of a donut-like design that allows your pet to burrow into the bed giving them a sense of security.
- Ensures sound sleep and anxiety relief
- Waterproof materials and an anti-slip mat at the bottom
- Made with polypropylene fabric
- Soft as a cloud and effortless maintenance
- The bed becomes deformed after prolonged use
- The size guide can be a bit confusing
Review: This is the perfect bed if your pet has sleeping issues. With a lot of crevices to snuggle into, the bed is a safe cloud for your pet. Additionally, the bed is also waterproof and easy to care for. With a wide range of customization options available, you can find the right bed with ease.
What is the Best Calming Cat Bed?
Based on the user reviews and suggestions, Whiskers & Friends Calming Cat Bed is the best calming cat bed available in the market today.
Here are some of the factors that need to be considered before clicking checkout on the best cat bed for anxious cats:
- Size. The first thing you should check is bed size. The calming cat bed should be large enough to accommodate the cat yet small enough to keep her safe. Measure your cat carefully before deciding on the right size of calming cat bed.
- Material. The bed should be made of a fur-like material that feels good on your pet’s skin. The material should not cause skin problems in the long run. It should also be easy to wash so that hygiene is maintained.
- Heating/cooling. Several beds come with a built-in heating feature. However, this requires the use of electricity. To counter that, many beds are self-warming. This means that the material they are made from helps retain heat keeping your pet warm.
- Durability. The bed needs to be long-lasting and should not deform with prolonged use. Additionally, it should also be tough to withstand constant chewing and kneading.
How do Anti-Anxiety Cat Beds Work?
The best way to help your anxious pet is by giving them a calming cat bed. Calming cat beds are specifically designed to counter stressors that might be bothering your cat.
Additionally, these beds relieve pressure points and may help calm down your cat’s nervous system which gives them a sense of immediate relaxation.
There are several signs that come up when your cat is anxious. Some of the symptoms of anxiety in cats are:
As a safe bet, having a cat calming bed can significantly improve the quality of life of your beloved pet. Even if your cat does not have anxiety, this bed can be a great way to show your furry friend how much you care for them.
Based on scientific principles, these beds have been designed in such a way that your cat has small crevices to dig into and feel comforted by the fur lining.
A padded center can be stable, supportive, and comfortable while high-rise walls can enhance the feeling of security. These high walls also provide neck support and a headrest for your cat.
These beds are usually cheap on the pocket, easy to maintain, and look great with most furniture. You can find beds of various shapes, sizes, colors, and even designs leaving you spoilt for choice.
Finally, these beds are mostly washable in a generic washer and can be left to tumble-dry. This not only helps in maintaining hygiene but also gives a warm and toasty feeling for your pet to enjoy.
Do Cat Calming Beds Work?
Yes, several factors prove that cat calming beds do work. This is not only seen in the behavior of your cat, but also in their overall health.
The design of the bed helps to calm down your cat by being easy on their bones and joints. The walls of the bed are high giving them a sense of security too.
Last but not least, faux fur goes into making most of these beds, which replicates the natural fur, thus helping calm your pet down.
Are Pet Calming Beds Worth it?
Yes, calming pet beds are worth it. For any pet prone to anxiety, a pet calming bed can really be a boon in its life.
While a calming bed is not the solution for anxiety, it sure does help curb it. Therefore, it is safe to say that pet calming beds do work in providing a safe environment for your pet to thrive in.