Best Cat Arthritis Supplements Summary
- Best Overall Cat Arthritis Supplement: Honest Paws Calm CBD Soft Chews for Cats
This is our top pick among all arthritis supplements as it contains a custom blend of relaxing ingredients.
- Most Relaxing Cat Arthritis Supplements: Honest Paws Well CBD Oil for Cats
This supplement helps to improve bone and joint health in addition to calming your cat down and reducing stress.
- Best Naturally Flavored Cat Arthritis Supplements: VetriScience GlycoFlex Joint Supplement for Cats
This chicken liver flavored supplement is a delicious treat for your cat that improves bone and joint health.
- Most Pure Cat Arthritis Supplements: Pet Naturals – Hip + Joint for Cats
Formulated with glucosamine and green-lipped mussel, this cat supplement is made using only natural ingredients.
- Best Immunity-Boosting Cat Arthritis Supplements: Super Snouts Joint Power Powder Joint Supplement
This supplement has the goodness of natural omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to boost your cat’s immunity and strengthen their joints.
- Best Vet Formulated Cat Arthritis Supplements: NaturVet Hip & Joint Soft Chews for Cats
This soft chew supplement not only improves bone health but also makes your cats a lot more flexible and active.
How do Supplements Help with Cat Arthritis?
Cat arthritis supplements help pets with feline osteoarthritis on various levels – from supporting healthy joint structures to reducing inflammation to preventing cartilage damage.
Cailin Heinze, VMD, assistant professor of nutrition in the department of clinical sciences at the Cummings School of Vet. Medicine at Tufts University supports the use of dietary supplements in the management of feline osteoarthritis.
She states that “these substances may improve comfort in some situations—perhaps through an anti-inflammatory mechanism and if you’re using a high-quality product from a reputable source—a product that actually contains what the supplier says it contains—then the safety level is pretty high.”
What Supplement Can I Give My Cat for Arthritis?
CBD Oil. Pet CBD oil is helpful for cats with arthritis. It promotes healthy joints, alleviates pain, and reduces inflammation within the joints. Plus, it comes with rare and mild side effects. CBD products for arthritic cats are available in the form of oils, capsules, and treats. We suggest the Honest Paws CBD Cat Treats and CBD oil. CBD products are among the most popular cat arthritis supplements.
Chondroitin. Chondroitin sulfate is a glycosaminoglycan that is present in cartilage. It supports joint health by increasing cartilage elasticity, promoting adequate shock absorption, and giving nourishment to the joint structures. Chondroitin and glucosamine act in synergy – they boost each other’s effects.
Green Lipped Mussel (GLM). Green Lipped Mussel is the perfect joint supplement because it has strong anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties. Plus, they contain a number of joint-friendly compounds like glucosamine, chondroitin, and omega-3 fatty acids. GLM extract supplements are available as powders that you can add to the cat’s food and tablets.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are helpful for arthritic cats because they have proven anti-inflammation properties which may be effective in easing joint pain. One study showed that in comparison to the placebo group receiving corn oils, cats supplemented with fish oil were making higher jumps, more active, less stiff, and less reluctant to go up and down the stairs.
Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring compound that helps maintain the sticky consistency of your cat’s joint fluids. It holds water which helps with joint lubrication. Additionally, it adds strength to the connective tissue and reduces inflammation. This helps keep your pet active overall. This supplement is available in both oral and injectable forms.
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). MSM is another cat joint supplement often used in combination with glucosamine and chondroitin. This has several benefits for joint-related problems in both cats and dogs. This supplement has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, it strengthens connective tissues.
Boswellia. This is an ayurvedic herbal medicine called Boswellia serrata or Indian frankincense. It supports joint health by reducing inflammation and improving blood flow. Boswellia is usually combined with other cat arthritis supplements and come in the form of powders and cat treats.
The Best Cat Arthritis Supplements Reviewed
Finding the right joint health cat supplement for your pet can be challenging. To keep things easy, we have reviewed the best joint care products available on Amazon and Chewy.
Summary: Formulated with full-spectrum hemp oil, this supplement is available in the form of delicious soft chews that are sure to be a hit with your cat. It also helps to relax your cat and brings down their anxiety.
- Maintaining calmness
- Behavioral problem management
- Promoting a healthy brain function
- Contains relaxing ingredients
- Affordable cat chews
- Quantity might vary based on the weight of the cat
- Could lead to overdose if not used properly
Review: These cat arthritis supplements contain silvervine, passionflower, and chamomile flower powder that help to relax your cat.
Summary: Made using natural ingredients such as CBD, this supplement works great to improve your cat’s bone and joint health. Just add the required amount to your cat’s food, making it easy to administer.
- Enhance overall bone & joint health
- Promote relaxation & combat stress
- Support sensitive skin & seasonal allergies
- Boost immune system & cognitive function
- Third-party tested
- Might not suit all cats in terms of flavor
Review: Each dose will contain 4mg of CBD, which is often enough for most cats. You can consult a vet for a better understanding.
Summary: If your cat is facing problems in their bones or joints, this supplement is exactly what they need. It helps to support their synovial fluid and also reduces any inflammation they might be having as they grow older.
- Cat soft chews that improve mobility
- Lubricates and supports joint
- Flavored with real chicken liver
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Contains clinically proven ingredients
- Often out of stock due to high demand
Review: If your cat is growing older and facing any type of bone or joint issue, your vet might suggest a supplement. This particular product has everything that your cat needs for an improved lifestyle.
Summary: Made using Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and Perna Canaliculus, this supplement is perfect for cats of all sizes. If your cat is showing signs of being stiff, this product will help them regain their lost movement.
- Improves motion and mobility
- Made with delicious fish flavor
- No artificial ingredients
- Veterinarian formulated
- Manufactured in the USA
- Might cause an allergic reaction in some cats
Review: This supplement is perfect for hip + joint health and exactly what your cat needs if they find it difficult to move about or play.
Summary: Made with 100% Green Lipped Mussel harvested in New Zealand, this supplement does not contain any type of fillers or harmful ingredients. It helps to improve your cat’s mobility and reduces inflammation.
- Made with cold processed ingredients
- Contains natural omega-3 fatty acids
- Enhances your pet’s immune response
- Supports a healthy digestive system
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Some cats dislike the flavor
Review: This product is made using a complex blend of natural proteins along with other beneficial ingredients.
Summary: This is a natural fish oil additive supplement that not only improves bone and joint health but also offers your cat a shiny and healthy coat. It also enhances your cat’s immune system and digestive health.
- Rich in omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acid
- Aids hip, joint, heart, and immune function
- Easy to administer
- Certified in the USA
- Made with premium ingredients
- Might cause an allergic reaction in some cats
Review: This product has a delicious taste and helps to support your pet’s skin and coat in addition to their bones and joints.
Summary: Made using an advanced formula, these soft chews are a great supplement for your cat. If your cat has been facing problems with movement or has become a lot stiffer, this supplement is exactly what you need.
- Veterinarian formulated product
- Rich in omega-3 & 6 fatty acids
- Maintains hip and joint flexibility
- Can be used daily
- Wheat Free, NASC & GMP compliant
- Not suitable for cats less than 12 weeks of age
Review: This supplement is blended with antioxidants that help to ward off damaging free radicals that could otherwise cause harm to your pet.
What Should I Look for in a Cat Arthritis Supplement?
When looking for cat arthritis supplements for joint support, pet owners need to consider several factors. Here is a closer look at those factors:
- Ingredients. The first thing you need to check is the ingredient list. Cat arthritis supplements must feature various natural ingredients that support joint health and prevent joint issues.
- No Fillers, Allergens, & Additives. Cat arthritis supplements must be free from fillers (grains), allergens (soy, corn), and artificial additives (colors, flavors, and preservatives).
- Form & Flavor. Cat arthritis supplements come in different forms (chewable treats, powders, liquid supplements) and flavors (chicken, bacon). Choose the combination your cat will like most.
- Brand. Pay attention to the brand’s confirmed expertise (positive feedback, customer services, policies). Check if the product has a lot number (it means it passed quality control checks).
As a cat owner, you have the right to be picky when looking for the best cat arthritis supplements. After all, you want to improve your cat’s quality of life and offer an adequate pain relief solution for their joint issues.
Based on the discussed criteria, the best joint supplement for cats is Honest Paws Calm CBD Soft Chews for Cats. They support joint health, come at an affordable price, and are suitable for cats of all life stages – from kittens to senior cats.