Related Articles: Heated Cat Bed, Hanging Cat Bed, Cat Bed, Cat Window Bed, Cat Bed Covers, Wicker Cat Bed, Elevated Cat Bed, Best Cat Bed, Tent Cat Bed, Cat Swing Bed, Luxury Cat Bed, Marshmallow Cat Bed, Small Cat Bed, Calming Cat Bed, Cat Stairs for Bed, Large Cat Bed, Cat Desk Bed, Cheap Cat Bed, Outdoor Cat Bed, Cat Anxiety Bed
Best Cat Bed Cave Summary
- Best Cat Cave Bed Overall: Miss Meow Cat Bed for Indoor Cats
Features of the cat bed cave are supreme comfort, durable design, and stylish look.
- Sturdiest Build: MEOWFIA Premium Felt Cat Bed Cave
Handmade cat bed cave with 100% merino wool and unique design.
- Most Convenient for Wash/Travel: Best Pet Supplies Cat Tent-Soft Bed
Plush and cozy cat bed cave that is easily portable and washable.
- Most Variety in Styles: Furhaven Cozy Pet Beds for Cats
Burrowing-type of cat bed cave that is super soft and extra stylish.
- Most Price-Efficient: PETMAKER Igloo Pet Bed Collection
Polyester cat bed cave with high quality and budget-friendly price.
Are Cat Caves Good for Cats?
Yes, cat caves provide safe and stress-free shelter for cats. A study conducted by Applied Animal Behavioral Science proved that cats can better adapt to new places and overcome anxiety when given a box to hide in. Cat caves provide this same type of comfort, as they give cats four walls and a roof to rest under.
Cat caves are also thermo and provide heat when the outside temperature is cold, and a cool, shaded place to hide out when outdoor temperatures are hot. Cat caves do not contain any chemicals or harmful substances. This makes them eco-friendly and safe for cats to chew or scratch on.
Do Cats Like Cave Beds?
Yes, cats typically enjoy cave beds more than standard cat beds. Instinctively, cats long to protect themselves and feel most vulnerable when they’re sleeping. Cave beds provide cats with the perfect hideaway spot for sleeping, as well as reduced noise and light.
According to Our Fit Pets, stress is a leading cause of behavior problems and even health issues in cats. Cave beds can provide a super soft escape from stressful stimuli that cats might encounter in the household.
Cats are natural explorers and hunters and even after they become domesticated, they display these behaviors. Cat caves give cats protection on all sides and a vantage point to look out of. They are not just great for sleep and hiding, but for playtime too.
Do Cats Like Felt Cat Caves?
Yes, cats like the felted wool material and felt cat cave beds. Cats are naturally attracted to the feeling and smell of wool. Basically, having a hand-felted cat house indulges cats.
Most animal behaviorists believe the naturally occurring oil present in wool, known as lanolin, is what attracts the cats. It may remind them of their mother’s scent or the scent of some other animal. The soft plush material is also comforting to them.
What are the Benefits of Cave Cat Beds?
Cave cat beds provide many benefits not only for feline friends but also for owners. They are easy to travel with, as they can be bent and are easily foldable. This also makes is easy for cats to sleep on top of the pet cave if they wanted to.
According to PubMed, wool fibers are water-resistant and will soak up any residue left behind in a wool cat cave. These wool fibers are also great for catching and keeping excess hair. This hair can then be easily removed by vacuuming, hand washing, and in some cases even machine washing.
The Best Cat Bed Caves Reviewed
There are many options when it comes to finding the proper cat bed cave for your pet, but we want to make that search easier. Below are some of the top-rated cat cave beds.
Summary: Rated 4.4/5 stars on Amazon, this cat cave is perfect for medium to large cats. It’s made from a faux suede fabric and a memory foam shell and comes in many different shapes and colors.
- Allergy-resistant fabric
- Easy to clean, comes apart, and is machine washable
- Usually always in stock
- Not the sturdiest design
Review: Most reviews are positive, stating that their cats love the beds and seem very comfortable in them. They say it is incredibly soft and made of a robust and thick material. It comes vacuum-packed, so it does take a few days for it to de-wrinkle and retain its shape.
Summary: Another highly rated cat cave on Amazon, this bed is 100% handcrafted by artisan women in Nepal from Merino wool. Typically for small to medium cats, this bed has a sleek and modern design.
- Sturdy build, will not cave in
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Only comes in four different colors
- Not machine washable
Review: Very positive reviews mostly saying that this cat cave is sturdy and well made. They also say this bed is very cozy and warm, and that their cats took an instant liking to it.
Summary: This enclosed cat tent is sure to provide your cat with maximum comfort and privacy. Made from a velvety, polyester material, this bed in recommended for cats, kittens and pets that are 16 lbs or less.
- Budget-friendly price
- Removable cushion for easy washing
- Plush, foam walls provide comfort
- Not very sturdy
- Doesn’t retain the shape
Review: The reviews seem more mixed on this one with the biggest complaint being that it doesn’t hold its shape. However, many also say their cats love it and could be one of the best options price-wise.
Summary: This particular tent is not only for cats, but can also act like a dog bed for small dogs. This cozy cave is made from faux suede and is designed to last. The perfect addition for any living room or bedroom as the timeless design allows it to fit in just about anywhere.
- Good for all pets (small dogs and cats)
- Machine washable
- Comes apart for easy travel
- Available in many colors (beige, navy, brown)
- Not the sturdiest design
Review: Most of the reviews are very positive and say that both their cats and small dogs enjoy this cave house. They say for the most part it is easy to wash and provides comfort.
Summary: Hooded, burrowing cave bed for both pet cats and dogs of all sizes. This bed comes with an attached blanket hood and provides a burrowing nest for pets. Plus, it is very comfortable and looks very stylish.
- Can be used as a dog house
- Comes in many sizes and colors
- Non-slip base
- Machine washable
- Some colors are often out of stock
- More expensive than similar products
Review: Most reviews say the bed is very soft and well padded. Seems to be more ideal for dogs as it allows them to act on natural burrowing instincts.
Summary: This Igloo pet bed is for cats, kittens, and small dogs. Made from a super soft plush fabric, this cat cave is perfect for comfort and play. The bed is easy maintenance and can be moved from one place to another.
- Price-efficient design and appearance
- Removable inner cushion
- Usually in stock
- Top handle for portability
- Thin material
- Strong smell when first opened
Review: Many positive reviews say the bed provides comfort and their cats took to it immediately. Some reviews reported an off-putting smell when first opened that their cats rejected.
What is the Best Cat Bed Cave?
The best cat bed cave is the Miss Meow Cat Bed for Indoor Cats. The price is reasonable and comes in the most shapes and sizes (for big and small cats), giving pet owners many options to choose from.
This cat bed cave is made from a comfortable, allergy-resistant fabric that is self-warming. It is also convenient for owners as it comes apart and can be washed in a washing machine. In other words, the Miss Meow Cat Bed for Indoor Cats checks all boxes.
Here is a list of the things you need to consider when choosing a cat bed cave:
- Material. From felt and wool to faux fur and fleece, cat bed caves can be made from a variety of materials. Some cats prefer certain materials. Cats with skin sensitivities will benefit from hypoallergenic materials.
- Quality. The cat bed cave needs to be high-quality and durable. For example, cats often use beds as scratching posts. In other terms, if your cat is a scratcher, the cat bed should withstand that,
- Maintenance. For easy upkeep, the cat bed cave needs to be machine washable. Cats may carry cat food inside and make stains, meaning you need to have a plan on how to keep the bed clean.
- Size. The size of the cave bed needs to correspond with the cat’s size. If the bed is too big, it will make the cat feel lost. On the other hand, if the cat bed cave is too small, your cat will find it uncomfortable.
- Price. Finally, you need to think about the price of the cat bed cave. Although it may seem like an investment, getting a high-quality cat bed cave with a heftier price tag will pay off in the long run.
- Allergy protectant fabric for perfect aeration and temperature moderation so as to ensure your pets are safe and protected.
- The Cave has a well-shaped opening bordered with PV Fleece so that your pet is pampered while he put his head out and will not suffer from fabric rashes.
- Our proprietary fabric bottom eliminates floor scratches, provides stability and durability.
How do I Get My Cat to Use a Cat Cave?
Cats will typically want to use a cave-style kitty bed without motivation from owners, but it is common to sprinkle some catnip inside or around the cave to coax them inside. You can also lure them in with any cat toys, treats or chewies you know they like.
According to WikiHow, it is important to observe where your cat typically likes to sleep and put the cave near this spot. It is also important to make sure the space is quiet and maybe even hidden, like under a bed or in a corner. You can also try to line the bed with a fabric that smells like you, or another scent your cat will recognize and be comfortable with.