Best Cat Stairs for Bed Summary
- Best overall cat stairs for beds: PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps
Premium quality cat stairs for bed that check all boxes for safety, efficacy, and design.
- Best 3-step cat stair for bed: Best Pet Supplies Pet Steps
Stylish and minimalistic cat stairs for bed that will ease the pet’s access to high surfaces.
- Best plastic cat stair for beds: PETMAKER Folding Plastic Pet Stairs
Easily portable and plastic yet durable cat stairs for bed with built-in safety features.
- Best in foldable cat stairs for beds: CertiPUR-US Foldable Pet Steps
Foldable and stylish cat stairs for bed that does not take up too much storage space.
- Best convertible cat stairs for beds: Furhaven Steady Paws Pet Stairs
3-step and 4-step pet stairs with a 90-day guarantee, available in a variety of colors.
Do Cats Need Pet Stairs?
Yes, cats need pet stairs for a variety of reasons. Pet stairs help cats provide easy access to high beds.
Moreover, cat stairs for bed prevent pets from getting injured while taking longer jumps. The impact of jumps is lessened when your cats take short leaps instead.
The usefulness of cat stairs for bed is even more prominent in senior cats and younger cats with achy joints and orthopedic issues.
What are the Benefits of Cat Stairs for Beds?
The cat stairs for bed are beneficial for cats as they prevent putting too much pressure on the joints. Let’s take a closer look at all of the benefits of a pet ladder:
- Better access. The cat stairs for bed foremostly provide them better access to high raised furniture like beds, sofas, chairs, and everywhere they wish to climb too. These are preferably better for small cats with short legs that cannot make longer/higher jumps.
- Safe medium for climbing. Nonetheless, cat stairs for bed provide a safe medium for older cats to climb high-raised surfaces without getting injured. This makes cats self-dependent without needing help every time they climb a bed.
- A place to sleep, play and eat. Moreover, most cat stairs for bed are super comfy. Some baby cats could even prefer to play over them.
The Best Cat Stairs for Beds Reviewed
As a pet owner, are you confused about how you should buy cat stairs for cat beds? This list right here can help you make a better decision.
Summary: Is your cat too small to climb high pieces of furniture at your home? Make them self-dependent by using this PetSafe folding pet steps, i.e., pet stairs. These highly durable and high-quality pet stairs make it easy for pets to climb beds, sofas, and other high-raised furniture. It has three steps, 20inch broad each, and can take weight up to 150 pounds. The surface is anti-skid and equipped will all safety features.
- Side rails, nonslip pads
- Comes in two sizes
- Comes in two colors
- Easy to store, foldable
- Made in the USA
- Stable and secure
Review: The product has 63% five-star reviews as users find it easy to assemble, store and solve the purpose. A few users are disappointed with its stability and lightweight. Thus, this is strictly for small pets.
Summary: These are the simplest and coziest pet steps by Best Pet Supplies. They are available in three sizes and a variety of colors. The stairs are made from foam and ultra-soft fleece fabric. The pet stairs can handle the weight of any pet up to 20lbs. These are available in 3, 4, and 5 steps to meet every user’s need. The pet stairs are easy to clean by replacing the top covers. The covers are machine washable and sold separately.
- CertiPUR-US certified high-density foam
- Blends with the interiors right in
- Different heights and specs
- Mattress grade cushioning
- Available in 17 colors
- Suitable for senior cats and dogs
- Washable cover
- No side rails
Review: The product has 12000 reviews with 78% 5-star reviews. This makes it popular among users, especially with small and medium-sized pets. The only downside is the foam presses deep when pets jump onto it.
Summary: These pet stairs are similar to PetSafe ones, except they come with four steps. They can handle pets of weight up to 120lbs. The stairs are foldable, making them easy to store. Also, the stairs have an anti-skid surface and side rails to prevent pets from accidents. The stairs are made of plastic and safe for pets to climb sofas, beds, and other furniture at home. They can also be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap.
- Durable and easy to clean
- Built inside rails for safety
- Foldable, collapsible, portable
- Available in two colors
- 4 step pet stairs
- Easy assembly
- Not for medium or large-sized dogs
Review: The pet stairs have 65% five-star reviews. The users find it easy to assemble and store for road trips and affordable. Few users were disappointed due to its poor stability and quality when they used it for large-sized pets.
Summary: Want to match your pet stairs with your home interiors and furniture? This ash grey linen pet stairs by CertiPUR-US can blend in just rightly. These pet stairs are made from foam and soft fleece fabric, which means your pet won’t be hurt even if it loses balance. The material is super soft and best for small-sized dogs and cats. What’s more, the pet stairs are also machine washable keeping them clean at all times. The mattress-grade cushioning provides relief to paws and joints.
- Available in 2, 3, 4 steps
- Available in 8 colors
- Machine washable and durable
- Premium grade certified foam and materials
- Supports pet health
- Easy to assemble
- Slips sideways when pets jump on them
Review: The pet stairs have 78% 5-star reviews and are more fit for carpeted floors. They are easy to assemble, come in different heights, and get blended with home décor. However, a few users complain about its precarious balance when dogs and cats jump over it with speed.
Summary: These pet stairs by Furhaven are entirely different in shape compared to the above-mentioned pet stairs. The stairs are made from polyester in a different design. The best part about these pet stairs is they are convertible. This means they can serve as 1, 2, or 3 step stairs at your convenience. This way, they can use to assist cats not only to bed but to cars, chairs, recliners, and others at the same time. The stairs are super comfy as they are lined with soft faux fur.
- Available in 3 colors
- Made easy to clean
- 60 days worry-free warranty program
- Convertible from 3 to 2 step
- Two alternatives to two steps
- Available in 2 sizes
- Sizeable gaps between steps
Review: These cat steps treads for bed have 76% 5-star reviews on Amazon. They are suitable for medium-sized pets, including small dogs and cats. The stairs are most affordable as well. However, the steps and the lined fabric are trouble for some users.
What are the Best Cat Stairs for Beds?
PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps is the best cat stairs for bed. Featuring safety side rails and nonslip pads, these cat stairs for bed are sturdy and durable. They can also be used as a dog ramp for smaller doggies.
If you are looking to buy the best car stairs for bed on Amazon or Chewy, here are some of the primary considerations you should make:
- Weight of your cat. Before buying a cat stair for bed, make sure you know your cat’s weight. It is also recommended to check the height of your bed before finding a suitable cat stair for beds.
- The number of steps. After you weigh your cat and measure the height of your bed, it’s time to check the dimensions of the stairs. The more the number of steps, the higher it will be. There are also convertible stairs available that allow you to change the number of stairs on the stairs.
- Cleaning instructions. Buy a pet stair that is easier to clean. The foam pet stairs come with removable covers that are machine washable. The plastic chairs also have separate cleaning instructions mentioned on them.
- Material of the stairs. The pet stairs for cats are made from plastic, polyester, or solid wood. Plastic pet stairs are preferable for easy maintenance. Wood pet stairs are durable but also more expensive.
- Durability. It is essential to invest in cat stairs for bed that will last. If your cat uses the stairs as a scratching post or instead of cat toys, it will quickly get damaged.
- Storage convenience. The ideal cat dog stairs are storage convenient and easy to pack. Some are foldable and can be kept away without taking up too much storage space.
- Use the steps to help your best friend climb up on the sofa or bed all by themselves to improve quality time together.
- 20-inch steps support pets weighing up to 150 pounds.
- Nonskid feet, fabric tread covers and side rails keep the steps from moving and your pet from sliding when using it to get on and off of furniture.
Is a Ramp or Stairs Better for Cats?
Stairs are better for cats when compared to cat ramps (same as dog stairs are better than dog steps). At the same time, pet ramps are suitable for cats (and older dogs) that have trouble walking or climbing stairs.
How do I Get My Cat to Use the Stairs?
The best way to get your cat to use the stairs is to lure them with treats. Keep a piece of your cat’s favorite treat at the top or middle of the stair-step where they need to climb the ladder to get it. Repeat this for a while to make them used to climb stairs.