Table of Contents
Best Cat Window Beds Summary
- Best Cat Window Bed Overall: PETPAWJOY Cat Window Perch
Our number-one pick for the best cat window bed checks all the boxes: it’s sturdy, easy to clean, and easy to assemble.
- Best Cat Window Bed for Small Spaces: Cat Window Perch Hammock Bed
This large cat window bed seat is easy to install and works great for cats of all sizes.
- Most Affordable Cat Window Bed: Pupagree Cat Window Hammock
This window perch is simple, comfortable, and comes in two different color options.
- Best Cat Window Bed for Sturdiness: FUKUMARU Cat Hammock Wall Mounted
Your cat will love this kitty hammock type of cat window bed, and you’ll love the stylish design.
- Most Versatile Cat Window Bed: 7 Ruby Road Cat Hammock Wall Mounted Cat Shelf
This wall-mounted cat bed comes with two steps and is one of the most fun, versatile cat perches on the market.
- Most Options in a Cat Window Bed: Rolybag Pet Cage Cat Hammock
If your cats ever stay in a kennel and need some extra entertainment, they’ll love this cage hammock.
- Best Cat Window Bed for Multiple Pets: pueikai Double Layer Window Cat Hammock
This double-decker cat window bed is perfect for pet owners with multiple cats.
Do Cats Like Window Hammocks?
From squirrels to birds to your neighbors passing by, there’s no shortage of things to watch. That’s why cats love window-mounted perches and hammocks! What cat wouldn’t appreciate having a front-row seat to the world outside?
To make your cat love their window perch, even more, consider installing a bird feeder right outside! Your kitty will never want to leave their comfortable cat window bed.
What are the Benefits of Cat Window Beds?
Feline friends are not the only ones who love window hammocks. Pet owners love them too. Here are some of the benefits of the cat window perch cat bed:
- Keeps the cat off the furniture. By nature, cats love to climb and jump. If you don’t give your cat something to jump on, they’ll most likely start using your furniture as a playground. Installing a window-mounted cat window bed gives them a safe, cat-friendly place to explore.
- Keeps the cat safe from other pets or kids. If you have a puppy or toddler, your cat probably spends a lot of time seeking solitude. Providing a safe place to rest that’s above ground can be extremely valuable, especially if your cat has been showing signs of anxiety.
- Saves floor space. Sure, you could get a cat tower or scratching post for your cat to jump on. But those things take up floor space, which isn’t ideal if you live in an apartment or small house. Most window perches have space saving features that pet owners love.
The Best Cat Window Beds Reviewed
You know your cat will benefit from having a window perch—that much is obvious. But with so many styles to choose from, shopping for one can be overwhelming.
We’ve done the hard part for you by choosing the 7 best cat window perches on Amazon and Chewy today.
Summary: This window perch from PETPAWJOY is simple, strong, and will look great hanging in your window. Installing it is simple—it secures to the window using strong suction cups.
- Platform made of breathable mesh
- ABS instead of PVC tubes in the structure
- Easy to clean and install
- Holds up to 50 pounds
- The cat bed pad is not thick enough
Reviews: Customers love that this cat bed is so easy to assemble and that the suction cups hold up so well. The sleek, simple design is another perk that pet owners appreciate.
Summary: If you have a larger cat, you might be concerned about finding a window-mounted bed that will safely hold them. This perch boasts a simple design but is made of super-durable material.
- Washable cover for easy maintenance
- Super soft and cozy flannel pad
- Can be used as a cat bed
- Sticking the suction cups can be tricky
Reviews: This cat window perch from PEFUNY is an instant hit with cats all over the world! Customers love that the bedding is made of thicker fabric than what you’ll find on other window beds.
Summary: If you want a window-mounted bed but don’t want to break the bank, this window seat from Pupagree is the perfect solution. Once secured to your window, it gives your cat a 360-degree view of its surroundings.
- Outdoor fabric used for the hammock
- Extremely easy to clean
- Affordable, budget-friendly price
- Supports comfy snoozing
- Not suited for large cats
Reviews: Many customers noted that this bed works better on larger windows. Their cats also love the ties that secure the bed to the frame—they’re like built-in cat toys!
Summary: If you want to give your cat a better vantage point for birdwatching but don’t want to attach anything to your window, you need this FUKUMARU wall-mounted hammock! Its wooden frame secures directly to your wall, instead of the window.
- Stylish wooden shelf design
- Unusual piece of cat furniture
- Easy to install and sticks well
- Good for sleeping, playing, and climbing
- Not easily portable
Reviews: Customers love that the frame of this kitty cot is so well made. It’s sturdy enough for large cats, or even multiple cats who don’t mind sharing their seat. However, some customers noted that the kit does not come with drywall anchors. You’ll need to get your own screws if you’ll be mounting it to drywall.
Summary: Like the previous item on this list, this cat bed mounts to your wall, keeping your window wide open. This perch, from the 7 Ruby Road Store, also comes with two steps—even more things for your cat to jump and climb on!
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Neutral color that fits everywhere
- Can be used as a scratcher and cat tree
- Designed for catnaps and sunbaths
- Hefty price tag
- Moderately easy to install
Reviews: Most cat owners will appreciate that the steps leading to this cat bed double as scratching posts! Customers also love that this hammock is made of high-quality materials. Even though it’s pricey, you get what you pay for.
Summary: This simple, cloth cat hammock is different from other window beds on the market. It’s designed for use in pet crates, which is great if you have small kittens or foster cats who need to be kept separately from other animals. They’ll still be able to climb up and see outside!
- Washable fleece covers
- Fits crates and cat houses
- Suitable for ferrets and rodents
- Simple yet stylish and thermo design
- The hook straps are too short
Reviews: Pet owners rave that this comfy hammock is one of the best places for their cat to curl up and nap. And it’s not just great for cats—ferrets, hamsters, and other small creatures have enjoyed this bed, too! Customers also note that this hammock is super easy to clean—just throw it in the washing machine with the rest of your cat’s bedding.
Summary: The double-level design of this deluxe window bed is similar to other cat perches but with an extra surface. It’s an excellent solution for pet owners with multiple cats who are constantly fighting for a seat of their own!
- Accommodates multiple cats
- Made with stainless steel and velvet
- Length-adjustable design
- Easily blending grey color
- The suction cups are not super powerful
Reviews: Once installed correctly, this is an excellent place for cats to curl up and relax! Most cats seem to love climbing from one platform to the other. As advertised, some customers did note that this window perch doesn’t seem to hold a total 50 pounds.
What Is the Best Cat Window Seat?
Of all the best sellers, our top pick is the PETPAWJOY Cat Window Perch. It has everything you need in a window-mounted cat bed, from a durable design to a safe, elevated place for your cat to relax. We guarantee this sunny seat cat window bed will be your cat’s favorite spot!
In addition to those three factors, here are some other considerations to keep in mind when shopping for a cat window bed:
- Removable Cover. A window perch will need to be cleaned from time to time (dander and shedding are normal but will make the cat window bed dirty over time) Look for a removable cover that is machine washable for easy cleaning.
- Ease of Assembly. Window perches for cats come in many different designs. Some mount to the window, while others attach to the windowsill below. If the installation process concerns you, look for a model that advertises a quick and easy setup.
- Comfort. All pet owners know that cats love to be comfortable. For this reason, a soft and thick cushion may be a big selling point for you.
- Size and Weight Limit. If your cat is on the heavier side, or if you own multiple cats, pay attention to the weight limit of each window perch. Some beds can hold up to 100 pounds, while others have a weight limit of 30 pounds.
- Cost. How much are you willing to spend on a cat perch? If you know your cat would get lots of use out of this seat, you might be okay with spending a lot of money. If this is your first time buying a window perch and you’re unsure what your cat will think, opt for a more affordable model.
- The design of this cat hammock fully considers the safety of cats and cat lovers. There are no sharp angles or sharp accessories to protect against accidental scratches .
- There is no strange smell for the window cat perch, and safe for our cat. The breathability of the Teslin material will keep the cat's body temperature from overheating, and putting a blanket in winter will be its warmest window cat bed.
- Compared with PVC tubes, we are using ABS tubes for our cat hammock for window, which is much stronger with long-lasting color and good impact resistance. The window cat bed is not easy to get aging and deteriorate in the sun, be stored for up to 50 years.
How Do You Set Up a Cat Hammock Window Seat?
Most window cat perches come with easy-to-follow instructions to help you through the installation process. Usually, installing a cat window perch is a quick DIY project.
To successfully mount your cat’s bed on the window, follow these steps:
- Window-mounted cat perches are usually secure to your window using heavy-duty suction cups. Before attaching the suction cups thoroughly clean your windows to get the most secure hold. Some feature velcro tapes.
- Windowsill-mounted cat perches clamp onto the will below your window. Some of these use actual clamps that grip onto the kitty sill, while others will have you drill into the wall below the window.
- Wall-mounted cat perches are installed on your wall using heavy-duty screws. This install process is more time-consuming than regular window-mounted perches, offering a more secure and permanent solution.