Best CBD for Cat Anxiety Summary
- Best Overall CBD for Cat Anxiety: Honest Paws CBD Oil for Cats
In addition to being great for cat anxiety, this oil is also great for bone and joint health, making it our top pick.
- Best CBD Treat for Cat Anxiety: Honest Paws Calm CBD Soft Chews for Cats
This wholesome treat is made with a custom blend of relaxing ingredients that will keep your cat calm and composed.
- Best Natural Ingredients in CBD for Cat Anxiety: Joy Organics CBD Oil for Pets
Made with just two natural ingredients, this premium tincture is perfect for keeping your feline friend relaxed.
- Best Subscribe and Save CBD for Cat Anxiety: Pet Hemp Company CBD Cat Treats
With an attractive subscribe and save offer, these salmon-flavored crunchy treats will keep your cat coming back for more.
- Best CBD for Cat Anxiety Food Topper: Petly CBD Cat Food Topper
With a delicious blend of CBD and omega-3 fatty acids, this unique food topper provides that extra bit of calming to your cat.
Does CBD Help Cats With Anxiety?
CBD for cat anxiety works by interacting with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS is a very important part of your feline friend’s body as it controls and regulates vital functions like mood, memory, sleep, appetite, etc.
While there are several products on the market that can improve your cat’s anxiety, such as calming beds and anti-anxiety cat toys, cannabidiol works organically and can be used as a part of a multimodal management plan.
Will CBD Treats Calm My Cat?
Yes, CBD cat treats work great to calm anxious felines. After your cat consumes CBD oil, the cannabinoids interact with the cat’s CB1 and CB2 receptors promoting homeostasis – a state of balance that is critical for overall health.
CBD for cat anxiety can be given in two basic forms – treats and oils. It is up to you to decide which form to use and which would be suitable for your cat.
CBD cat treats can be given as they are, and your cat will love them, considering they come in various tasty flavors.
CBD oil, on the other hand, can be perfect for fussier cats. A couple of drops can be added to their water bowl or topped over food.
Is CBD Good for Cats With Anxiety?
Yes, CBD for cat anxiety is good. While promoting relief in anxious cats, CBD will support the cat’s overall health and help with other issues.
According to anecdotal reports, here are some of the benefits of CBD oil for cats:
- Behavioral Issues. Improves your cat’s behavior and provides calming effects. Additionally, there is less aggression and reduced destructive behavior in your cat.
- Pain Management. In addition to relieving symptoms of chronic pain, CBD oil helps with pain, especially pain caused by arthritic joints. This is a huge bonus for senior cats.
- Appetite Loss. If your cat is suffering from a loss in appetite, CBD is a great supplement to stimulate appetite.
- Digestive Issues. CBD is known to work great in solving digestive issues and maintaining an overall healthy gut.
- Weight Loss. CBD helps regulate your cat’s diet and, therefore, can lead to accelerated weight loss in the case of overweight cats.
- Dry Skin. CBD can help give your pet develop healthier skin and coat. It also reduces itchiness and maintains healthy moisture levels in the dog’s skin.
The Best CBD for Cat Anxiety Reviewed
Summary: This all-natural product contains organic full-spectrum CBD oil that works to improve bone & joint health along with other health issues. Additionally, it helps relax your cat and removes unwanted stress while boosting cognitive function.
- Improves your cat’s mental health
- Made with natural, non-GMO ( spell out GMO) ingredients
- Easy to administer
- Convenient dropper for precise dosing
- Tested by a third-party lab for purity
- Third-party lab test does not include pesticides
Review: This highest quality pet CBD oil is a boon for cat owners as it has minimal side effects. This CBD product is devoid of heavy metals and is made with all-natural ingredients.
Summary: Each CBD soft chew contains 2 milligrams (mg) of CBD. The dosage needs to be altered depending on your cat’s body weight. It also has other health benefits thanks to silvervine, passionflower, and chamomile flower powder and is excellent for the immune system.
- Helps with separation anxiety
- Keeps your pet calm and improves well-being
- Made with high-quality ingredients
- Does not contain any harmful pesticides or contaminants
- Human-grade pet product
- Does not work for pain relief
- Might cause an allergic reaction in some cats
Review: This calming soft chew is the perfect use of CBD packed into a tasty treat for your furry friends. It is great for situational anxiety (for example, a vet visit) that felines face generally and can improve your cat’s quality of life which is a great relief for pet owners.
Summary: This CBD tincture is made with only two ingredients – organic olive oil and organic broad-spectrum oil extract from hemp plants. Additionally, it has 0% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) but provides all the benefits of CBD. It can be used both for dogs and cats.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Comes with a certificate of analysis
- Improves your pet’s quality of life
- Contains powerful terpenes and cannabinoids
- Among the best CBD oil for cats
- Might cause allergic reactions in some pets
Review: This tincture contains just the right amount of CBD and targets your cat’s cannabinoid receptors leading to a calming effect. As a result, you can expect a happier cat and some relieved family members.
Summary: These salmon-flavored crunchy cat treats are a delight for pet parents as they ensure a calm kitty. Made with full-spectrum CBD and other cannabinoids, it does not contain any psychoactive substances.
- Cat-friendly fish flavor will be a hit with your cat
- Easy-to-use CBD-infused cat treats
- Extracted from pure hemp
- THC-free formula
- Certificate of analysis available
- Can cause an overdose if misused
- Might lead to an allergic reaction in some cats
Review: These treats contain a broad spectrum type of CBD that is topical for anxiety and offers a calming effect to your pet cat. It is also made with high-grade ingredients.
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- Has all the effects of CBD oil
- The smoked salmon flavor makes it a tasty add-on
- Does not contain artificial preservatives
- Contains added natural supplements
- Made in small batches
- Does not have FDA approval yet
Review: This food topper is made with a mouth-watering salmon flavor that can make your cat’s food a lot more interesting. It is also very potent and works great to soothe your cat.
What is the Best CBD for Cats With Anxiety?
Honest Paws CBD Oil for Cats is our top pick when it comes to CBD for cat anxiety. This is based on several factors you need to keep in mind when choosing a CBD product. Let’s take a look at those factors:
- Organic Sourcing. It is vital that the CBD for cat anxiety is made of organic cannabis, as industrial hemp is contaminated with pesticides. Pesticides are harmful to cats.
- THC-Free. Cat CBD products must be made from hemp and not marijuana. Marijuana contains THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is toxic to dogs.
- Full-Spectrum. CBD for cat anxiety must be full-spectrum – contain different types of cannabinoids and other compounds like flavonoids, terpenes, fatty acids, etc.
- Hemp Oil. The CBD oil should feature the label hemp CBD or hemp oil. Hemp seed oil is made of the plant’s seeds and, although healthy, does not contain cannabinoids.
- Carrier Oil. CBD is combined with a carrier oil – usually MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) coconut oil. If your cat does not tolerate coconut, get CBD with hemp seed oil as a carrier.
- Certificate of Analysis (COA). The certificate of analysis is a third-party lab declaration that the CBD oil is pure and contains the same ingredients the manufacturer claims.
- Pet-Specific. CBD for cat anxiety must be made exclusively for cats. Human CBD oils and edibles may contain harmful components (xylitol, essential oils, etc.)
- Brand. Finally, pay attention to the CBD brand. A reputable brand will display the COA and reviews from other customers.
What is the CBD Dosage For Cats With Anxiety?
The CBD for cat anxiety dose is between 1 and 5 mg of CBD per 10 pounds (lb) of body weight. To make the process of dosing CBD treats easier, they usually contain a one-time dose.
Since the dosing may differ based on manufacturers, it is advisable to read the instructions on the package before using CBD for cat anxiety.