Holistapet CBD Oils is a broad-spectrum hemp extract combined with hemp seed oil as a carrier. Broad-spectrum pet CBD extracts are rich in various cannabinoids and natural compounds that work together to cause an entourage effect that boosts the effectiveness of CBD.
Holistapet CBD Oils come as an unflavored oil or in two pet-friendly flavors, chicken, and chicken salmon. The oil is conveniently available in five consistency or concentration options featuring 150 mg, 300 mg, 600 mg, 1200 mg, and 3000 mg of CBD per dropper bottle.
Holistapet CBD Oils support natural health and wellness in animals. CBD for pets works through the endocannabinoid system and is safe for daily use in dogs and cats of all ages. Holistapet CBD Oils are excellent for anxious pets, dogs, and other animals suffering from osteoarthritis, allergies, seizures, cancer, and other animal health conditions.
What Spectrum Does Holistapet CBD Oil Have?
CBD-rich broad-spectrum hemp is used in Holistapet CBD Oil. Holistapet CBD oil broad-spectrum CBD for pets is rich in various cannabinoids and other naturally occurring compounds. The compounds include flavonoids, for their antioxidant properties, terpenes, a naturally occurring compound producing the smell and taste, and fatty acids that assist the heart, brain, and metabolic function.
The flavonoids, terpenes, and fatty acids boost the efficacy of the cannabinoids and display an entourage effect. An entourage effect means the separate ingredients are more effective when combined than administered alone. The entourage effect is weaker in broad-spectrum extracts compared to full-spectrum extracts.
The main benefit of broad-spectrum CBD for pets versus full-spectrum is the complete absence of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), which is toxic in pets. CBD products for pets are allowed to contain less than 0.3% THC, but Holistapets CBD oil is 100% THC-free.
How Much Volume Does the Holistapet CBD Oil Contain?
The volume of Holistapet CBD Oil contains between 15 and 60 milliliters, depending on the concentration option. The 150 mg and 300 mg oils contain 15 ml of volume per bottle, the 600 mg and 1200 mg oils contain 30 ml per bottle, and the 3000 mg oil contains 60 ml per bottle.
The amount of 30 ml of volume per bottle of Holistapet CBD Oils is similar to other brands. The availability of additional 15 ml and 60 ml options is convenient and allows for simple dosing and more cost-efficient use of the Holistapet CBD Oils.
What are the Flavors of Holistapet CBD Oil?
Holisapet CBD Oil flavors are listed below.
- Natural: The natural or unflavored Holistapet CBD oil has a bitter and earthy flavor, which some pets accept better than others. The natural Holistapet CBD Oil is best mixed with pet food to cover the CBD’s presence.
- Chicken: Chicken is one of the most popular flavors in pet CBD products. Dogs and cats eat chicken, making the chicken-flavored Holistapet CBD Oils simple to use and give directly into the pet’s mouth.
- Salmon: Salmon is an excellent flavor alternative and is suitable for dogs and cats. The salmon-flavored Holistapet CBD Oil is easy to mix with pet food and administered sublingual (or below the tongue) since pets love the flavor.
What Type of Animals is Holistapet CBD Oil Best For?
The types of animals best suited for Holistapet CBD oil are dogs, cats, and horses. Dogs, cats, and horses have an endocannabinoid system (ECS) responsible for managing vital body functions such as inflammation, pain, allergies, sleep, appetite, mood, memory, and cognition.
CBD for animals works through ECS to support natural health and wellness. The ECS consists of endocannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors, and enzymes. The cannabinoids from the Holistapet CBD Oils bind with the receptors, thus interacting with the endocannabinoid system.
The Holistapet CBD Oil is great for dogs, cats, and horses suffering from health conditions such as osteoarthritis, anxiety, hyperactivity, allergies, seizures, kidney disease, and cancers.
What is the CBD Oil Consistency of Holistapet CBD Oil?
The CBD oil consistency of Holistapet CBD Oils is 150 mg, 300 mg, 600 mg, 1200 mg, and 3000 mg of CBD per bottle.
The lower consistency or concentration bottles are practical for smaller dogs and cats, while the high-potency options are better for large dogs and pets with severe health conditions requiring larger CBD doses.
Understanding the consistency of a CBD oil entails knowing “What is CBD?”. CBD or cannabidiol was discovered in 1940 and is one of the 113 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. CBD is a major cannabinoid because CBD accounts for over 40% of the cannabis extract.
The CBD consistency or concentration refers to the amount of cannabinoids (in milligrams) found in the product. Holistapet CBD Oil’s availability in different concentrations allows for practical use and easy dosing.
How is Holistapet CBD Oil Processed?
Holistapet CBD Oil is processed with the CO2 extraction method and uses hemp seed oil as a carrier. Holistapet uses locally grown hemp from farms in Colorado and combines the hemp extract with pet-friendly superfood.
Holistapet CBD Oils are extracted from hemp through supercritical CO2 extraction. CO2 extraction is the best practice method of CBD extraction. The CO2 method ensures maximum oil purity and little-to-zero risk of contamination.
The brand uses hemp seed oil to carry the CBD extract. Hemp seed oil maximizes the CBD’s accessibility, is easily digestible, and is rich in healthy fatty acids and antioxidants.
Holistapet has all its products tested in third-party laboratories to ensure the quality and safety of CBD for animals. The results of the tests are available on the brand’s website in the form of official documents called Certificate of Analysis (COA).
What are the Benefits of Holistapet CBD Oil?
The benefits of Holistapet CBD Oil are listed below.
- Pain Relief: The cannabinoids in the Holistapet CBD Oils mimic the effects of serotonin and have been shown to help reduce pain on several levels, including minimizing acute and chronic episodes triggered by arthritic pain, neuropathic pain, and post-surgery pain. The CBD oil offers a number of benefits of CBD to animals and is safe to use in conjunction with mainstream painkillers.
- Decreased Inflammation: Holistapet CBD Oils assist with managing inflammation in pets. Cannabinoids reduce inflammation triggers and block inflammation mediators, hence having a positive impact on inflammation. The anti-inflammatory traits of CBD are beneficial to pets with inflammatory conditions such as allergies, arthritis, and kidney disease.
- Calmness & Relaxation: Holistapet CBD Oil reduces stress and anxiety naturally and supports calmness and relaxation. Cannabinoids boast pronounced anxiolytic and panicolytic features, beneficial to hyperactive pets and pets with situational and habitual anxieties. Holistapet CBD Oil is a natural alternative to mainstream anti-anxiety medication for animals. Holistapet CBD Oils are safe to use with mainstream medication, calming drugs, and other supplements for animals suffering from severe anxiety.
- Appetite Stimulation: Cannabinoids, particularly cannabigerol (CBG), are a powerful appetite stimulant that increases food intake. The broad-spectrum profile of cannabinoids in the Holistapet CBD Oils includes CBG. The appetite-stimulating effect is beneficial for dogs and cats reluctant to eat due to certain diseases or as a side effect of medications and treatments.
- Seizure Control: Holistapet CBD Oils have potent antiepileptic and anticonvulsive features, beneficial to pets with seizures due to idiopathic epilepsy. The oil helps reduce seizure frequency, intensity, and duration and is safe to combine with traditional ASMs (anti-seizure medications).
- Boosted Immunity: Holistapet CBD Oils are rich in cannabinoids that support the immune system on two levels, directly and indirectly. The direct effect is the ability to modulate the immune system, while the indirect effect is based on the cannabinoids’ potent antioxidant properties.
- Reduces Allergies: Holistapet CBD Oil modulate the immune system, which helps decrease the severity of allergic reactions. Cannabinoids reduce itchiness or the main allergy symptom, preventing exacerbation of the already irritated skin. CBD oil is beneficial for pets with environmental allergies and atopic dermatitis.
- Cancer Help: Holistapet CBD Oil offers support for pets with cancer. Cannabinoids work against the cancer cells, preventing their growth and spread. CBDs boost the efficacy of mainstream cancer treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy and help relieve the treatments’ side effects, like nausea and vomiting.
What are the Side Effects of Holistapet CBD Oil?
The side effects of Holistapet CBD Oil are listed below.
- Lethargy: Sleepiness and reduced energy levels are signs of lethargy and the most common side effects of CBD to animals.
- Dizziness: Dizziness in pets manifests with loss of balance and loss of coordination (ataxia) and is linked to high CBD doses and impure oils. Dizziness is extremely rare with high-quality and pure products such as Holistapet CBD Oil.
- Dry Mouth: The cannabinoids in Holistapet CBD Oil cause dry mouth (xerostomia) because of CBD’s ability to temporarily inhibit normal saliva production
- Vomiting: Holistapet CBD Oils trigger nausea and vomiting like all new pet supplements, especially in sensitive dogs and cats, and when introduced suddenly.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea or loose and frequent stool is a common side effect of Holistapet CBD Oil and is caused by the presence of CBD or, more often, the carrier oil.
- Upset Stomach: Digestive upsets in pets clinically present with vomiting and diarrhea and are common but self-limiting side effects of the Holistapet CBD Oil.
- Altered Liver Enzymes: Holistapet CBD Oil is rich in cannabinoid content, which inhibits certain liver enzymes, affecting the pet’s ability to metabolize medications. The change in metabolization rate makes the drug stronger or weaker.
- Increased Tremors: More pronounced tremors are a possible but rare side effect of Holistapet CBD Oils in frequency and intensity.
- Itchiness: Increased scratching, biting, and chewing due to itchiness are extremely rare adverse events of the Holistapet CBD Oil.
- Low Blood Pressure: Holistapet CBD Oil lowers blood pressure, causing sudden but temporary hypotension, especially if given in very high doses
What is the Right Holistapet CBD Oil Dosage?
The right Holistapet CBD Oil dosage for pets is between 0.25 mg and 0.5 mg of CBD per pound of body weight.
The 0.25 mg per pound recommendation is considered a starting or regular dose, while the 0.5 mg per pound is a strong dose. Start with a lower amount of pet CBD and gradually work up to the strong dose.
Choose Holistapet CBD Oils with a potency most suitable to the animal’s body weight. The 150 mg bottle is fit for small pets (less than 20 pounds), the 300 mg bottle for medium pets (20 to 60 pounds). The 600 mg bottle for large pets (60 to 100 pounds), the 1200 mg bottle for very large pets (over 100 pounds). The 3000 mg bottle for extra large pets (over 100 pounds) and pets experiencing severe health issues.
The daily CBD doses is divided into two servings for general health support, but more frequent dosing is allowed when using CBD to manage specific purposes.
Check the CBD dosage chart on Holistapet’s official website, or use a CBD dosage calculator for more detailed instructions regarding the best CBD doses for pets.
Where to Buy Holistapet CBD Oil?
Buy the Holistapet CBD Oil online, on the brand’s official website, or from other retailers. The Holistapet brand offers free shipping on all orders over $50.
Holistapet CBD Oils are available in the brand’s CBD for pets supply store at 6048 Triangle Drive, Commerce, CA 90040, United States. The store is open from 6 am to 5 pm during the week and from 6 am to 2 pm on weekends.
How Much Does the Holistapet CBD Oil Cost?
Holistapet CBD Oil costs between $0.05 and $0.17 per mg of CBD. The price is competitive and affordable. The exact cost of the oil depends on the concentration or amount of CBD per bottle.
The lowest potency, Holistapet CBD Oil, with 150 mg of CBD per bottle, costs $24.95, while the most potent option, Holistapet CBD Oil, with 3000 mg of CBD per bottle, costs $124.95.
Holistapet offers 25% off on all products with the subscribed and save option, in which case the lowest potency CBD oil costs $18.71, and the most potent CBD oil costs $93.71.
The brand has a HolistaPal+ Membership program that enables additional offers, including a 30% discount for regular purchases and a 40% discount with the subscribed and save option. Holistapet offers free shipping on all orders over $50. Orders for Holistapet products under $50 have a shipping cost of $4.95 for delivery within 5-6 working days of order, $15.00 for delivery within 5 business days, and $30.00 for delivery within 3 working days.
Who is the Manufacturer of Holistapet CBD Oil?
The manufacturer of Holistapet CBD Oil is the Holistapet brand. Holistapet is a California-based pet CBD brand launched in 2017 to become an industry leader in pet CBD products.
Holistapet was founded by experienced health specialists with vast knowledge of organic foods. Holistapet was relaunched in celebration of the brand’s fifth anniversary in 2022. Holistapet donates funds to pets in need.
Holistapet is a reputable pet CBD brand offering a wide range of superfood-infused and broad-spectrum CBD products, including Holistapet CBD Oils for dogs, cats, and horses.
Can I Give Holistapet CBD Oil for my Cats?
Yes, you can give Holistapet CBD Oil to cats. Administer the Holistapet CBD Oils directly in the cat’s mouth, mix with cat food, pour on porous cat treats, or combine the CBD with fish oil.
Holistapet CBD Oils are hemp-sourced, THC-free, and completely safe for daily use in cats of all ages and sizes. CBD oil aids with mobility issues, and helps calm anxious cats, and supports a healthy appetite.
The Holistapet cat oils are available in an original flavor and two cat-friendly flavors, chicken and salmon, and rank among the best 7 CBD oil for cats with picky appetites.
Is Holistapet CBD Oil Safe for Pets?
Yes, the Holistapet CBD Oil is safe for pets. The CBD oil is extracted from hemp, and is non-psychoactive and non-addictive. Holistapet CBD Oils are formulated specifically for pets with ingredients that are 100% natural and formula-free from GMOs (genetically modified organisms), gluten, dairy, additives, and preservatives.
The answer is yes to the question, “Is CBD safe for animals?” High-quality ingredients and the broad spectrum extract make Holistapet CBD Oils an excellent choice for pet owners who want quality CBD pet products. The proof of safety, the Certificates of Analysis (COAs), are available on the brand’s official website.
Does Holistapet CBD Oil have Side Effects?
Yes, the Holistapet CBD Oils have side effects. The potential side effects are infrequent and include dry mouth, lethargy, digestive upset (vomiting and diarrhea), altered liver enzymes, drowsiness, low blood pressure, increased tremors, and increased itchiness.
The side effects of the Holistapet CBD pet products are rare and mild. Modifying the dose helps manage the adverse events in most cases, while starting with a lower CBD doses and implementing the Holistapet CBD Oils supplement slowly reduces the risk of side effects.
What are Other Holistapet CBD Products?
Other Holistapet pet CBD products are listed below.
- Holistapet CBD Dog Treats for Anxiety: Peanut-butter flavored treats formulated specifically to support calmness and relaxation in anxious dogs. Use where the dog prefers treats to Holistapet CBD Oils. The treats contain hemp extract combined with chamomile and l-theanine. The anxiety treats come in three potency options: 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg of CBD per piece.
- Holistapet CBD Dog Treats Joint & Mobility Care: Delicious soft treats made with ingredients that support joint health and better mobility, such as CBD oil, turmeric root, Boswellia, and hemp seed powder. The treats are pumpkin-flavored and feature 5 mg, 10 mg, or 20 mg of CBD per chew.
- Holistapet CBD Wellness Dog Treats: Hard, blueberry-flavored CBD chews made for wellness and available in three potency options. The three potency options are 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg of CBD per piece. The broad-spectrum formula is enriched with superfoods such as blueberries, flaxseed, hemp seed powder, sweet potatoes, oats, and cinnamon.
- Holistapet CBD Calming Chews for Dogs: Calming, soft, peanut butter-flavored chews made with broad-spectrum CBD oil, chamomile, and l-theanine. The chews are perfect for senior dogs and are available in three strengths. The three strengths are 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg of CBD per piece.
- Holistapet CBD Mobility Chews for Dogs: Joint-friendly and tasty chews made with broad-spectrum CBD, turmeric, and Boswellia. The soft chews feature a delicious smoky pumpkin, apple, and cinnamon flavor and contain 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg of CBD per chew.
- Holistapet CBD Shampoo for Dogs: A broad-spectrum CBD-infused shampoo suitable for dogs with sensitive skin. The shampoo features 200 mg of CBD per 8 fl. Oz. bottle and a pleasant mandarin-berry scent. The CBD shampoo is used the same way as any other shampoo and is safe for dogs of all ages, sizes, and breeds.
- Holistapet CBD Cat Treats: Delicious salmon-flavored crunchy treats made with broad-spectrum CBD oil, tryptophan, and valerian root. The treats are ideal for anxious and hyperactive cats. The package contains 75 pieces of treats, with each piece featuring 2 mg of CBD. The treats are an alternative for cats reluctant to accept Holistapet CBD Oils.
- Holistapet CBD Calming Chews for Cats: Calming CBD formula enriched with relaxation-promoting ingredients such as tryptophan and valerian root. The jar contains 75 salmon-flavored soft chews with 2 mg of CBD per piece. The soft texture makes the chews ideal for older, anxious cats.
- Holistapet CBD Capsules for Dogs and Cats: Vegan CBD capsules made with natural ingredients. The capsules help with pain, inflammation, thunderstorms, and gut issues while supporting skin and fur health and offering joint support. The capsules come in five potencies: 150 mg, 300 mg, 600 mg, 1200 mg, or 3000 mg of CBD per 30-piece jar.
- Holistapet CBG Oil for Dogs and Cats: A broad-spectrum CBG formula concentrated in a convenient dropper bottle. CBG supports eye health and stimulates appetite. The oil is unflavored and available in five strengths, including 150 mg, 300 mg, 600 mg, 1200 mg, or 3000 mg of CBD per bottle.
- Holistapet CBD Oil for Horses: Broad-spectrum and 100% natural CBD formulated specifically for horses and other large livestock. The CBD oil is unflavored, enriched with hemp seed oil, and packed in a convenient dropper bottle, with each bottle containing as much as 7500 mg of CBD.
- Holistapet CBD Pellets for Horses: Health-boosting pellets made with broad-spectrum, CBD-rich hemp extract, alfalfa, and molasses added for natural flavoring. The horse CBD pellets come in two potencies of 3200 mg and 8000 mg per package.
- Holistapet Performance CBD Pellets for Horses: Apple-flavored pellets made with CBD-rich hemp extract, high in omega fatty acids and excellent for supporting health and wellness in horses. The pellets are potent and contain 6400 mg or, 16000 mg of CBD per package. The pellets are an ideal alternative to Holistapet CBD Oils because they have a high concentration, making administration quick, easy, and effective.