Medterra CBD Oils is a human-grade, premium-quality hemp CBD isolate combined with organic medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Medterra CBD Oils is a pure form of CBD with no other cannabis compounds. Medterra Pet CBD is free from genetically modified organism (GMO) ingredients, third-party laboratory tested, and made in America.
Medterra CBD pet drops are available in three pet-friendly flavor options, including unflavored, beef, and chicken, for straightforward administration in pets with picky appetites.
Medterra pet CBD drops come in different consistencies (or concentrations) for pets of various sizes, including a 300 mg bottle, a 750 mg bottle, and a 1200 mg bottle.
Medterra CBD Oils support natural health and are beneficial for dogs with osteoarthritis, joint pain, seasonal allergies, atopic dermatitis, habitual and situational anxiety, hyperactivity, seizures, cancer, and kidney disease.
What Spectrum Does Medterra CBD Oil Have?
Medterra CBD Oils has human-grade CBD isolate from hemp. CBD for pets comes in three forms: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and isolate.
Full-spectrum CBD contains a rich spectrum of cannabinoids and additional compounds like terpenes, naturally occurring chemicals in cannabis that affect smell and taste, flavonoids, which have antioxidant properties, and omega fatty acids that support heart, brain, and metabolic function. The combination of cannabinoids and terpenes, flavonoids, and omega fatty acids has an entourage effect, meaning including all ingredients in the Medterra Pet CBD drops produces more powerful benefits in CBD for pets than individually.
Broad-spectrum CBD features fewer cannabinoids and some compounds with an entourage effect. CBD isolate contains cannabidiol as a single cannabinoid.
Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils are more potent, but isolates are beneficial for situations requiring a single cannabinoid. Isolates are always 100% free from Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive cannabinoid that is toxic to pets. Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils are allowed THC levels of less than 0.3%.)
Medterra pet CBD drops contain hemp CBD isolate combined with organic MCT oil as a carrier.
What Does Human Grade CBD Isolate Mean in Medterra CBD Oil Product?
Human-grade CBD isolate means the Medterra CBD Oil product is of the utmost quality, sourced, and manufactured following standards for human products. Medterra CBD Oils are premium, human-grade CBD for pets.
The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) says, “The presence of human-grade on a label implies a product or ingredients may meet the legally recognized edible standard.”
How Much Volume Does Medterra CBD Oil Contain?
The volume of Medterra CBD Oil is 30 milliliters (1 fl oz) per bottle. The volume is the same for all potency options, allowing simple dosing and a cost-efficient use of the product.
The amount of 30 ml of volume per bottle of Medterra CBD Oils is similar to other brands offering CBD oil for dogs and CBD oil for cats.
What are the Flavors of Medterra CBD Oil?
The flavors of Medterra CBD Oil are listed below.
- Unflavored: The unflavored Medterra CBD Oils option features CBD’s natural earthy and bitter taste. Mix the oil with dog or cat food or pour it on treats if the pet finds the taste unacceptable.
- Beef: Beef is one of the most popular flavors for pet CBD products because dogs and cats love the taste, making the oil use simple. Medterra CBD Oils use natural ingredients for the beef flavoring.
- Chicken: Chicken is a favorite flavor among dogs and cats. Give the chicken-flavored CBD oil directly into the pet’s mouth. The chicken flavoring in Medterra CBD Oil is sourced from natural ingredients.
What Type of Animals is Medterra CBD Oil Best For?
Medterra CBD Oil is best for pets, including dogs and cats. CBD for animals works the same in all species and through the endocannabinoid system (ECS); however, Medterra CBD pet drops are formulated specifically for use in dogs and cats.
Dogs and cats, like humans and other mammals, have an endocannabinoid system that is responsible for regulating functions like pain, inflammation, sleep, appetite, mood, memory, allergies, and cognition, among other things.
The ECS has three components: endocannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors, and enzymes. The cannabidiol from Medterra CBD Oils replaces the body’s naturally occurring endocannabinoids, binds with their receptors, and interacts with the endocannabinoid system.
Medterra CBD Oils are excellent for pets with health issues like arthritis, anxiety, allergies, seizures, hyperactivity, etc. The oil is safe to use daily and fit for dogs and cats over 12 weeks old.
What is the CBD Oil Consistency of Medterra CBD Oil?
The CBD Oil consistency of Medterra CBD Oil includes three concentration options, including 300 mg, 750 mg, and 1200 mg of CBD per bottle. The 300 mg potency features 10 mg of CBD per milliliter, the 750 mg potency has 25 mg of CBD per milliliter, and the 1200 mg potency contains 400 mg per milliliter.
The lowest Medterra CBD Oils consistency or concentration bottle is best for small dogs and cats, the medium potency option is for medium-sized to large dogs, and the high-potency bottle is ideal for large and giant dogs and pets with severe health conditions in need of strong CBD doses.
Understanding CBD oil consistency requires knowledge of “What is CBD.” CBD, known as cannabidiol, is one of the 113 health-boosting cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. CBD was first discovered in 1940 and is a major cannabinoid (comprising more than 40% of the total cannabis extract).
CBD consistency or concentration refers to the milligrams of cannabinoids present in a specific CBD product. Medterra CBD Oil’s availability in three concentrations enables easy dosing and practical use.
How is Medterra CBD Oil Processed?
Medterra CBD Oil is processed using human-grade ingredients and manufacturing practices. The processing includes hemp growth, CBD extraction, formulation, and quality and safety testing.
The Medterra brand uses industrial hemp grown on a proprietary farm in Kentucky. The hemp is not certifiably organic, but it is non-GMO and free from pesticides (which is confirmed in the independent third-party laboratory-tested Certificate of Analysis (COA). The brand is certified by the US Hemp Authority, ensuring quality industry standards and good manufacturing practices.
The mature hemp plants are subdued to a CO2 extraction process. Supercritical CO2 extraction is the best practice in the CBD industry as it allows for maximization of the concentration of pure CBD while filtering out unnecessary substances.
The extract is purified, filtered, and diluted using a carrier oil to adjust the product’s strength and consistency. Medterra uses organic MCT oil as a carrier.
The unflavored Medterra CBD Oils are ready here, while for the flavored versions, the oil is enriched with a natural beef or chicken flavoring. The overall formula is very simple and includes two or three ingredients depending on the flavor’s presence.
The final product is then tested by a third-party laboratory, and the test results are described in a COA. Medterra displays the Certificates of Analysis of all CBD for animals products on the Medterra official website.
What are the Benefits of Medterra CBD Oil?
The benefits of Medterra CBD Oil are listed below.
- Pain Relief: The cannabidiol in Medterra CBD Oil blocks pain sensation and mimics the effects of serotonin, thus having anti-pain features. CBD helps manage acute and chronic pain episodes caused by arthritis, neurological issues, and surgeries. Cannabidiol is safe to use simultaneously with mainstream painkillers in severe cases.
- Decreased Inflammation: Medterra CBD Oils are great for inflammation management. Cannabinoids inhibit the inflammation triggers and reduce the inflammation mediators, thus relieving inflammatory processes. The CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties are beneficial to pets with issues such as allergies, osteoarthritis, kidney disease, and other inflammatory conditions.
- Calmness & Relaxation: Medterra CBD Oils contain cannabidiol, which reduces stress and anxiety. CBD has potent anxiolytic and panicolytic features beneficial for pets in need of relaxation, like hyper pets and pets with situational and habitual anxieties. CBD is an excellent alternative to regular anti-anxiety medications and, in severe cases, is safe to combine with calming drugs and supplements.
- Appetite Stimulation: Medterra CBD Oil helps improve appetite in pets by managing vomiting and nausea and supporting overall digestive health. Dogs and cats experience reduced appetite due to certain diseases or as a side effect of medications and treatments (for example, chemotherapy makes pets nauseous and reluctant to eat).
- Seizure Control: Medterra CBD Oils feature strong antiepileptic and anticonvulsive properties, beneficial to pets with seizures and idiopathic epilepsy. The oil, when used regularly, helps reduce the frequency, intensity, and duration of seizures and is safe to use in conjunction with traditional anti-seizure medications (ASMs).
- Boosted Immunity: Medterra CBD Oil boosts the immune system indirectly and directly. The indirect effect is exploited through the antioxidant features of cannabidiol, while the direct effect is through cannabidiol’s ability to modulate the immune system
- Reduces Allergies: The CBD’s ability to modulate the immune system helps pets with allergies. Medterra CBD Oil reduces itchiness of the skin, which is the main symptom of allergies in pets, thus preventing the worsening of the already irritated skin. The oil is helpful for cases of atopic dermatitis and environmental allergies.
- Cancer Help: The cannabidiol in Medterra CBD Oils prevents the growth and spread of cancer cells. CBD works against cancer itself on several levels and boosts the efficacy of traditional cancer treatments (radiation and chemotherapy) while reducing their side effects (nausea and vomiting).
Use Medterra CBD Oil daily as a part of a multimodal treatment plan for optimal results. The benefits of CBD to animals are slow, and it takes time for the cannabinoids to build into the pet’s body and start working.
What are the Side Effects of Medterra CBD Oil?
The side effects of Medterra CBD Oil are listed below.
- Lethargy: Increased tendency to sleep, decreased energy, and disinterest in everyday activities are signs of lethargy and are among the frequent side effects of Medterra CBD Oils.
- Dizziness: Dizziness manifests with loss of balance and coordination (ataxia) and is the result of high CBD doses and impure low-quality CBD oils. Dizziness is extremely rare with pure products like Medterra CBD Oil.
- Dry Mouth: Medterra CBD Oils are able to cause dry mouth (xerostomia) in some pets because cannabidiol has the ability to temporarily inhibit saliva production
- Vomiting: New supplements, including Medterra CBD Oil, trigger nausea and vomiting, especially in pets with sensitive stomachs, and when implemented in the daily routine suddenly.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea manifests in the form of loose and frequent stool and is a common side effect of Medterra CBD Oil and is a result of the presence of cannabidiol or the inclusion of a carrier oil
- Upset Stomach: Digestive upsets in dogs and cats are a common but self-limiting and benign side effect of Medterra CBD Oils and present with vomiting and diarrhea bouts
- Altered Liver Enzymes: Medterra CBD Oil is rich in cannabidiol, which in some situations inhibits the production of certain liver enzymes, affecting the ability to metabolize drugs and making the effect of the medications stronger or weaker.
- Increased Tremors: More frequent and more intense tremors are a possible but very rare side effect of Medterra CBD Oil.
- Itchiness: Medterra CBD Oils cause increased scratching, biting, and chewing due to itchiness in some pets in extremely rare cases
- Low Blood Pressure: Medterra CBD Oil causes sudden but very time-limited hypotension (low blood pressure), particularly when given in doses much higher than the recommended.
Start with a smaller Medterra CBD Oil dose and add it slowly to the health routine to reduce the risk of adverse events. The side effects of CBD to animals, in most pets, disappear with time and once the right dosage is determined.
What is the Right Medterra CBD Oil Dosage?
The right Medterra CBD Oil dose is 0.25 mg of CBD per pound of body weight. Always start with a lower dose and increase the amount gradually to give the pet’s body time to adjust to the Medterra CBD Oils supplement.
Finding the right pet CBD dose for the pet’s weight and condition takes trial and error. Medterra has a pet administration calculator on the website to help determine the ideal CBD dose, suggesting two dosage types for each body weight, including a maintenance dose and an advanced dose.
The CBD dosage calculator by Medterra is user-friendly, and the only parameter it requests is the pet’s body weight range in pounds.
Where to Buy Medterra CBD Oil?
Buy Medterra CBD Oil online on the brand’s official page or through affiliates’ websites. The brand offers free shipping on all US orders over $75.
Medterra CBD Oils are available in stores for in-person shopping. There is a Medterra CBD store locator available on the official website. The locator is user-friendly and helps find the nearest store selling Medterra CBD Oils.
How Much Does Medterra CBD Oil Cost?
Medterra CBD Oil costs between $24.99 for a 300 mg bottle and $54.99 for a 1200 mg bottle. The price of the CBD oil depends on the desired potency and volume. The brand additionally offers a 20% discount for subscribed customers.
The lowest potency option (300 mg) of Medterra CBD Oil costs $24.99 regularly or $17.49 for subscribers; the medium strength option (750 mg) costs $39.99 or $27.99 with the discount; and the highest potency oil (1200 mg) costs $54.99 or only $38.49 for subscribed customers.
Orders for Medterra CBD Oils over $75 (after discounts and coupons are applied) enjoy free shipping. Orders under $75 have a shipping cost of $4.80 for delivery in 4-7 days of order, $13.29 for delivery within 3-5 days and $17.85 for delivery in 2 days.
Who is the Manufacturer of Medterra CBD Oil?
The manufacturer of Medterra CBD Oil is Medterra, a small CBD company located in Irvine, California. The company was started in 2017 by Jay Hartenbach and several team members.
Jay believed in the potential health benefits of CBD and founded Medterra with the goal of providing high-quality CBD products at an affordable price. The brand is dedicated to the utmost CBD safety and quality and partners with the Hemp Pilot Research Program.
Medterra is a trustworthy CBD brand offering products for humans and Medterra CBD Oils and other products for pets that boast over 8,000 5-star reviews from satisfied customers.
Can I Give Medterra CBD Oil for my Cats?
Yes, Medterra CBD Oil is crafted for dogs and cats. Give Medterra CBD Oils directly into the cat’s mouth, mixed with cat food, or poured over porous cat treats.
CBD for cats is safe and beneficial on several levels including osteoarthritis, joint pain, stress, anxiety, kidney disease, seizures, cancer, and overall health. Use Medterra CBD Oils daily for the best health outcomes.
Medterra CBD Oils comes unflavored and in two cat-friendly flavors, beef and chicken, and is one of the best X CBD oils for cats with picky appetites.
Is Medterra CBD Oil Safe for Pets?
Yes, Medterra CBD Oil is safe for pets. The hemp is carefully sourced and crafted following rigorous safety protocols. The oil is made with natural ingredients and is free from grains and artificial additives. The product is THC-free and GMO-free and is a highly recommended CBD oil for cats.
Medterra CBD Oils are third-party, laboratory-tested, clinically approved, and recommended by veterinarians. The results of the third-party laboratory testing are available on the brand’s official website in the form of a COA for the CBD pet products.
The answer is “yes” for pet owners asking, “Is CBD safe for animals?” CBD is safe when sourced from hemp, THC-free, and formulated specifically for pets. Medterra CBD Oils does all three.
Does Medterra CBD Oil have Side Effects?
Yes, Medterra CBD Oil has side effects in rare situations. Potential Medterra CBD Oils adverse events in pets include dry mouth, lethargy, digestive upset (vomiting and diarrhea), altered liver enzymes, drowsiness, low blood pressure, increased tremors, and increased itchiness.
Start the pet on Medterra CBD Oils gradually, using a lower CBD amount to reduce the risk of side effects. Modifying the dose helps manage the adverse events if they develop. The side effects of CBD pet products resolve once the pet gets used to the supplements and the correct dose is established.
What are Other Medterra CBD Products?
Other Medterra CBD products are listed below.
- CBD Joint Support Pet Chews: The Medterra CBD chews are made with premium CBD isolate combined with joint-friendly ingredients like glucosamine, chondroitin, and methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM). The healthy mix of active substances supports joint health, relieves pain, and promotes mobility. The CBD treats are veterinarian-recommended, clinically tested, and THC-free. The pack contains 30 pieces, each packed with 10 mg of CBD and a delicious peanut butter flavor.
- CBD Calming Pet Chews: Grain-free, non-GMO, and THC-free Medterra CBD treats are formulated with l-tryptophan for an additional calming effect. The CBD and l-tryptophan act together to promote relaxation and combat anxiety. The treats are clinically tested, third-party laboratory-approved, and recommended by veterinarians. The CBD chews feature a delicious bacon flavor for easy administration and 10 mg of CBD per treat. The chews come in a resealable package with a total number of 30 pieces of cat and dog treats.