Best CBD Oil For Dog Lymphoma at a Glance
- Best CBD Oil for Dog Lymphoma: Honest Paws
Premium-quality, safe, and efficient CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
- Best Price: Simple Wag
Organic and full-spectrum CBD oil for dog lymphoma for an affordable price.
- Natural Ingredients: Four Leaf Rover
Supreme CBD oil for dog lymphoma with carefully chosen natural ingredients.
- Bundle Options: CBDistillery
Must-buy bundle options for full-spectrum CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
- Best Subscribe and Save Option: Penelope’s Bloom
Budget-friendly policies for affordable shopping for CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
How does CBD Oil for Dog Lymphoma Work?
In terms of lymphoma specifically, CBD helps in several ways. First of all, cannabinoids fight tumor growth and help prevent the spreading of cancer cells through the dog’s body.
Secondly, CBD oil helps alleviate and manage troublesome lymphoma symptoms. Thirdly, CBD counteracts the side effects of chemotherapy treatment like nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite.
We must note that CBD oil is not approved by the FDA for use in pets. On a positive note, the World Health Organization confirms its safety. Similarly, a recent study showed that CBD is well tolerated, and dogs did not show any serious adverse effects during the study period. Therefore, it is a good idea to check with the vet before using CBD oil.
Does CBD Oil Cure Lymphoma in Dogs?
No, on its own, CBD cannot cure canine lymphoma in dogs. However, it is an excellent complementary therapy for dogs with lymphoma. In fact, when dealing with canine cancer patients, the vet will “recommend a combination of therapies.” In such cases, CBD products make an excellent addition to the effective treatment plan against lymphoma and other types of cancer. It can be used as part of both aggressive treatments and palliative care.
The Best CBD Oil for Dog Lymphoma
Navigating the pet CBD market can be tricky, especially for dog owners who are new in the area. The good news is that we have you covered and after researching the different CBD supplements, we selected and reviewed the best CBD oils for dogs with lymphoma.
Summary: Honest Paws is a reputable and trustworthy CBD brand offering pet CBD products of premium quality. Each CBD oil is made of organic and full-spectrum hemp and features added active ingredients based on specific conditions. The Honest Paws CBD oil is safe, efficient, and free from allergens, fillers, and harmful ingredients. It is also easy to use and suitable for dogs of all age categories.
- High quality,full-spectrum, hemp oil
- Contains 6 out of 7 beneficial cannabinoids
- Vegan, non-GMO, soy, and gluten-free
- Made in the US and third-party lab tested
- Sometimes unavailable due to high demand
Review: Dog owners say the Honest Paws CBD oil is a “super awesome product.” They mention it is “easy to use” and “seems to be working great.” Overall, Honest Paws is the best CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
- Support sensitive skin & seasonal allergies
- Boost immune system & cognitive function
- Enhance bone & joint health
- Promote relaxation & combat stress
Summary: Simple Wag is a CBD brand manufacturing some of the finest CBD oils on the pet market. They are 100% pure hemp grown organically in Colorado. The Simple Wag CBD oil is full-spectrum and health-boosting. Considering the price to value ratio, this is the best option for pet parents on a budget.
- High-quality and organic hemp CBD
- Lab-tested and USDA-certified
- Available in three main potencies
- Rich in omegas, vitamin B, and D
- Could use more cannabinoids
Review: Dog owners say the Simple Wag CBD oil is “working miracles” and “pups seem a lot better” with the supplement. Overall, Simple Wag offers the best price for CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
Summary: Driven by the idea to make the world a safer place for dogs, Dogs Naturally launched the Four Leaf Rover line of CBD products. The brand is dedicated to changing the world one dog at a time, thus offering CBD products of supreme quality. The Four Leaf Rover CBD oil is packed with health-boosting cannabinoids and is available at different potencies.
- High quality, full-spectrum hemp CBD
- Health-boosting and natural ingredients
- Human-grade MCT as a carrier
- Third-party lab-tested and certified
- Relatively expensive
Review: Dog owners say the Four Leaf Rover CBD oil is “good stuff” and that it “works in less than two minutes.” Overall, Four Leaf Rover offers CBD oil with the best natural ingredients for dogs with lymphoma.
Summary: CBDistillery offers some of the best-rated pet CBD supplements. The brand is reliable and very transparent. The CBDistillery CBD oil is non-GMO, full-spectrum, and with hemp seed oil as a carrier. The CBD oil is honestly labeled and, as the manufacturer says, “with no gimmicks.”
- Full-spectrum, high-quality CBD oil
- CO2 extraction method
- Easy-to-use bottle dropper
- 60-days money-back guarantee
- Free shipping over $75
Review: Dog owners say the CBDistillery CBD oil is “excellent,” and the manufacturer ensures a “very fast delivery.” Overall, CBDistillery offers the best bundle options for CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
Summary: Penelope’s Bloom offers premium quality CBD products for pets that are pure, affordable, and convenient. All of the brand’s products are human-grade, vegan, cruelty-free, and non-GMO. The Penelope’s Bloom CBD oil is sourced and made in the US, and third-party lab tested for quality and safety.
- Full-spectrum, organic hemp CBD oil
- Vegan and free from harmful ingredients
- Available in different potencies
- Great and budget-friendly subscription offers
- Does not have a dog-friendly flavor
Review: Dog owners say Penelope’s Blood CBD oil “works miracles,” and there is a “notable difference” after using the product. Overall, Penelope’s Bloom offers the best subscribe and save option for CBD oil for dog lymphoma.
How to Use CBD Oil for Lymphoma in Dogs
Before starting your dog on CBD oil for lymphoma, there are several things you should know. For example, first, you need to get the right pet CBD product. Unlike medical marijuana for people, CBD supplements for pets must be made from the hemp plant since marijuana contains THC, which is toxic to dogs.
Once you have a high-quality hemp CBD oil, it is time to add it to the health regimen. Here are the different ways you can use CBD oil for lymphoma in dogs:
- Sublingual application of CBD oil. CBD can be administered sublingually by drawing the oil into the dropper and squirting it directly into the dog’s mouth, near the back.
- CBD oil during mealtime. Alternatively, you can squirt the oil from the dropper into the food bowl and mix it with the regular food.
- CBD oil dropped on a dog treat. You can drop the CBD oil onto a porous dog treat and then give it to your dog.
- CBD infused edibles. There are commercially available, dog-friendly-flavored CBD edibles for pets like soft chews, bites, and peanut butter.
- Homemade CBD-infused treats. It is possible to bake homemade dog treats infused with CBD oil as long as you are careful not to destroy the oil’s cannabinoids.
- Contains organic full-spectrum hemp with naturally occurring CBD.
- For healthy immunity, calm moods, and enhanced brain function.
- Can help calm nervous pets, relieve occasional aches and discomfort, and provide great comfort in life.
CBD Oil Dosage For Dogs With Lymphoma
The general rule is that dogs can receive between 1 and 5 mg of CBD per 10 pounds of body weight a day. A dog with a more severe canine lymphoma form needs a higher dose, while a pet with milder lymphoma issues do not need such high doses.
However, determining how much CBD oil your dog needs will probably require experimentation. Luckily, dogs cannot overdose on CBD, meaning pet owners can freely modify the CBD dosage based on the situation.
It is advisable to start with smaller doses and gradually increase the amount of CBD oil. That way, you will give your dog’s body time to adjust to the new supplement and avoid side effects like drowsiness and diarrhea.
The Benefits of CBD Oil For Dogs With Lymphoma
The use of CBD oil for dogs with cancer is relatively new. However, both clinical trials and anecdotal evidence show the beneficial effects of CBD oil on lymphoma patients.
CBD oil for dog lymphoma works as a natural immune system booster – it strengthens the immune response and reduces oxidative stress, thus fighting off pathogens. It also supports the immune system by promoting a healthy gut. These features are essential for preventing lymphoma in the first place.
What is more, CBD oil for dog lymphoma shows an “extensive range of anti-cancer properties.” Studies demonstrate that CBD can help induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) in dogs with lymphoma. Additionally, CBD oil for dog lymphoma can inhibit the multiplication of cancerous cells and prevent tumor spreading. According to a study, CBD can also “reduce tumor growth,” thus showing cancer-shrinking properties.
Finally, CBD oil can manage some of the lymphoma symptoms and the side effects of chemotherapy. It also provides pain relief and supports the dog’s entire body.
How CBD Oil Helps Alleviate Symptoms of Lymphoma in Dogs
To understand the beneficial effects of CBD oil for dog lymphoma, we should review the different lymphoma types. Here is a short explanation of each lymphoma type and the roles of CBD oil for that specific type:
- CBD for Extranodal Lymphoma. Extranodal lymphoma affects organs outside the lymphatic system including eyes, lungs, kidneys, skin, nervous system, and bones. CBD oil helps differently based on the initial target. For example, in dogs with bone lymphoma, it provides pain relief. At the same time, the anti-epileptic features can help decrease the frequency and intensity of seizures in dogs with nervous system lymphoma.
- CBD for Mediastinal Lymphoma. Mediastinal lymphoma develops on the lymphoid organs in the chest cavity – thymus and lymph nodes, causing fluid build-up, chronic pain, and difficulty breathing. CBD oil helps with breathing difficulties because it has been shown to improve lung function and relieve inflammation. It also contributes to pain management.
- CBD for Alimentary Lymphoma. As the name suggests, alimentary lymphoma affects the gastrointestinal tract and accounts for around 5% of all lymphoma cases in dogs. It causes vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, increased or decreased thirst, abdominal pain, and weight loss. CBD oil has analgesic features and can help alleviate abdominal pain. Plus, CBD oil is anti-emetic, which attenuates nausea and prevents vomiting.
- CBD for Multicentric Lymphoma. Affects the lymph nodes and is the most common type of canine lymphoma and is responsible for 80-85% of the cases. Multicentric lymphoma causes enlarged lymph nodes, overall weakness, fever, anorexia, and dehydration. CBD oil can help with fever because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, CBD acts as an appetite stimulant in lab animals, meaning it may encourage lymphoma dogs to eat more.
What can I Give My Dog for Lymphoma?
The treatment strategy for canine lymphoma is something you need to discuss with your trusted veterinarian. The exact approach depends on the type of lymphoma, its advancement, and the dog’s overall health. Here are some of the things you can do to make your dog more comfortable:
- Keep your dog active (as much as the condition allows and the vet recommends)
- Be observant and pay attention to any signs of pain and discomfort
- Feed your dog the right diet (the vet will explain what to give and what to avoid)
- Do not make changes in the environment (dogs are creatures of habit)
- Be patient, positive, loving, and encouraging (your dog senses your emotions).
How CBD Compares to Traditional Dog Lymphoma Treatments
The primary treatment of lymphoma is chemotherapy. Although dogs tolerate chemotherapy better than humans, the treatment is still toxic and associated with several complications.
The most commonly reported side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. Plus, dogs on chemotherapy treatment are very likely to relapse because the cancerous cells become resistant to the treatment over time.
Other lymphoma treatment options include radiation therapy, antibody therapy, immunotherapy, bone marrow, and stem cell transplants. However, each approach has its cons. Radiation therapy is not always applicable, antibody therapy does not replace chemotherapy, immunotherapy is still a novel concept, and bone marrow and stem cell transplants are cost-prohibitive and not universally successful.
On the other hand, CBD oil for dog lymphoma is a 100% natural and safe option with rare, benign, and transient side effects like lowered blood pressure, dry mouth, and drowsiness. Plus, CBD oil is non-addictive and prolonged use does not result in resistance buildup.
Dog Lymphoma: Signs & Symptoms
There are different cancer forms in dogs like bone cancer, melanoma, hemangiosarcoma, mammary cancer, and mast cell tumors. However, lymphoma is the most common type of cancer.
Lymphoma is a different type of cancer and it is an umbrella term that refers to a group of cancers affecting the lymphatic system. As a form of cancer of the lymphatic system, it can affect different elements including white blood cells (lymphocytes as a specific type of white blood cell), lymph fluid, lymph vessels, and lymphatic organs (spleen, tonsils, thymus, appendix).
There are over 30 different types of lymphoma in dogs, but extranodal, mediastinal, alimentary, and multicentric are the most common cancers. The different types of cancer have different symptoms, aggressiveness levels, and survival rates.
Causes of Lymphoma in Dogs
The exact causes of canine lymphoma are unknown. However, it is suspected that dogs exposed to certain harmful agents are at a higher risk of developing lymphoma. Here is a list of such harmful agents:
- Pathogens (viruses and bacteria)
- Strong magnetic fields
- Heavy metals.
In people, immune system suppressions are a known risk factor for lymphoma. However, there is no research supporting this claim in canines.
Lymphoma is more common in middle-aged and senior dogs. The cancer is also more likely among certain dog breeds such as Golden and Labrador Retrievers, Scottish Terriers, Boxers, Basset Hounds, Airedale Terriers, Bulldogs, Bullmastiffs, and Saint Bernards.
Signs Your Dog has Lymphoma and What to do
The telltale sign of lymphoma is lymph node enlargement. The nodes become swollen with a firm but unusually rubbery consistency. However, there are two caveats:
- A swollen lymph node is not always indicative of lymphoma and it can be due to infection.
- Some lymph nodes are deep under the dog’s skin, and their enlargement is hard to notice.
Considering there are different types of lymphoma, the exact clinical manifestation will depend on the type. Here is a list of the signs characteristic for all lymphoma cases:
- Loss of appetite
- Edema (face and legs)
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination frequency
- Sudden weight loss.
If your dog is showing one or more of these signs, or you suspect something is wrong, the first thing you should do is call your trusted veterinarian and schedule an appointment. The sooner the cancer diagnosis is made, the sooner the dog’s cancer treatment plan will be initiated, hence the better the outcome.