Table of Contents
Best Cheap Dog Ramps Summary
- Best Overall Cheap Dog Ramp: PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp
This deluxe and cheap dog ramp is lightweight, anti-slip, and made in the USA.
- Best Wooden Cheap Dog Ramp: Foldable Wooden Ramp for Pets
This portable and lightweight dog ramp under $100 is made from solid wood and is easy to use.
- Best Aluminum Cheap Dog Ramp: ROBLOCK Dog Car Ramp
This heavy-duty aluminum cheap dog ramp is sturdy, durable, and lightweight.
- Best Plastic Foldable Dog Ramp: Heavy Duty Portable Folding Dog Ramps
Made from high-quality plastic and extremely easy to fold, this folding dog ramp ticks all the right boxes.
- Best Multipurpose Cheap Dog Ramp: TRIXIE Pet Ramp Small
Ideal for smaller dogs, this easy-to-clean pet gear comes with side rails and a non-slip coating.
What are the Benefits of Cheap Dog Ramps?
Affordability is a prime factor when buying a dog ramp. Thus, here are some of the benefits of buying a cheap dog ramp:
- Pocket-Friendly. The key benefit of cheap dog ramps is that they do not fall too heavily on anyone’s pocket. You can easily afford a $100 dog ramp and use it for multiple purposes. What’s more, similar to an expense ramp, a cheap and portable dog ramp can also last for years when bought with proper research.
- Easy on the Joints. The main role of the dog ramp (dog steps, car stairs, or pet ladders) is to protect the dog’s joints and prevent jumping-related injuries. This is particularly true for senior dogs and rambunctious puppies.
- Multipurpose Use. A cheap dog ramp can be used both indoors and outdoors. It can be used indoors for bed/couches, closets, and sofas. It can also be used outside over stairs, for cars, trucks, minivans, and even pools.
- Good Investment. Various cheap dog ramps below $100 are lightweight and still be durable. Every adjustable pet ramp mentions the weight capacity it can handle. The dog ramp can last long if you go by the manufacturer’s directions.
- Easy to Use. If you are buying a dog ramp for the first time and are unsure if your furry friend will love it, you can buy these cheap dog ramps to test the waters. This way, you won’t be investing a lot of money in uncertainty. You can also use these ramps for training your dog.
The Best Cheap Dog Ramps Reviewed
So, not sure what cheap dog ramp (dog stairs or pet ladder) will serve your purpose the best? Make sure you go through our list of picks before clicking checkout.
Summary: This is the best overall folding plastic pet ramp by PetSafe. Priced below $100, this dog ramp is great to get started. This pet ramp is suitable for cars, minivans, trucks, pools, and even beds.
The ramp is lightweight and thus easy to carry around. It is foldable in half and comes with a safety lock in red color. It has a decent length of 62 inches, perfect for objects up to a height of 28 inches. It’s lightweight with a high traction surface. It also has an option of replacement tread made of fabric (sold separately).
Weight Capacity: 150 pounds
Size: 62 x 16 x 4 inches
- Extra-wide walking surface
- Suitably long enough
- Multipurpose use
- Foldable and portable
- Rubber feet for stability
- Lightweight and durable
- For small to medium-sized dogs
- Non-slip carpet surface
- Easy storage
- No carrying handle
- No tether clips
Review: The product has over 10k reviews, with 59% five-star reviews. The dog ramp for bed works for many scenarios and helps dogs stay independent. The only issue is its sandpaper walking tread. However, it can be replaced by other options like a rubber mat, carpet, and so on. It is an ideal pick for both older dogs and younger dogs alike.
Summary: These pet ramps are made of super durable mahogany wood. It may not be suitable for outdoor use, but it is best for indoors like beds, trunks, closets, etc. It’s a stand-alone ramp that can be folded and stored under beds.
The ramp looks heavy but weighs only 11 pounds, the average weight of all dog ramps. Even the plastic ramps weigh around 10 pounds. It can handle pets of weights up to 80 pounds. Moreover, the foam-padded surface over the wooden framework allows pets to secure footing.
Weight Capacity: 80 pounds
Size: 28 x 4 x 15 inches
- The stand-alone ramp needs no support
- Highly durable and lightweight
- Works for couches, sofas, beds
- Foamy traction surface for comfort
- Folds easily to carry and store
- Non-slip surface
- Not for outdoor use
- Leave a sizeable gap on top
Review: The product has 42% of five-star ratings on Amazon. The ramp is perfect for pets, and kids to climb on beds, sofas, etc. The padding is soft and comfortable. However, there is a sizeable gap between the object and the ramp on top. This can pose trouble for some while a minor issue for others. Still, it is worth a try below $100.
Summary: This dog ramp by ROBLOCK has a telescope design. It’s again under $100 and is suitable for indoors and outdoors. It is long enough for use over stairs, for cars, pools, and trucks.
It weighs around 11 lbs and folds down to just 28 inches in length. When expanded fully, it is 62 inches long. The walking surface has a rubber foot pad with bone imprints, making it anti-skid. For stability, it has TPR connectors on both ends. It is made from aluminum which makes it durable and lightweight.
Weight Capacity: 180lbs
Size: 28-62in Lx 17inch W
- Heavy-duty aluminum alloy frame
- Rubber feet pad for stability
- Non-slip rubber pad for walking
- Side rails for added safety
- No installation required
- Tri-portable folding design
- For pets of all sizes
- Adjustable height
- No safety clip tether
- Not really anti-skid
Review: The product has 53% five-star reviews. Pet owners loved this doggie ramp. The walking tread is good. However, the problem lies in the TPR connectors at the end. They are not anti-slip, making it difficult for the ramp to stay intact.
Summary: This foldable dog ramp by COZIWOW is the same as our top tick dog ramp. The only difference is that it comes with a carrying handle as well. It is 2 inches shorter than the PetSafe dog ramp.
Besides that, both are made of plastic, black in color, and have almost the same length. It is suitable for outdoor use and is foldable in half. It weighs only 9 pounds and has the same sandpaper as a walking surface. It has a better security lock when folded into half. The arch design on top and rubber feet on the bottom keeps it stable.
Weight Capacity: 200lbs
Size: 60 x 16 x 5 inches
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Portable and easy to store
- Sturdy, durable, and lightweight
- Raised side rails for protection
- Safety latch to keep it folded
- Carrying handle for portability
- Easily washable
- Not for high raised trucks
Review: The product has 55% five-star reviews and worked well for most users. It is affordable, durable, and works well. It is not slip-proof but works well for small dogs like Dachshunds. The tracking surface can be better when replaced with a rubber mat or anti-slip tape.
Summary: This is another pet ramp within $100 is this ramp by Trixie. This is, however, more suitable for indoor use. It’s perfect for reaching high beds, sofas, and couches. You can also use it for car side doors with the lower floorboard.
The ramp is just 49 inches long. The arch design on top makes it fit over the top quickly. Another highlight of this ramp is its side rails that allow pets not to lose balance. Further, it is more suitable for small dogs or small-sized pets. The recommended height usage is 18 inches. It is made of good quality plastic and rubber. It also has rubber feet at the bottom to keep it stable.
Weight Capacity: 110lbs
Size: 39.37 x 14.96 x 1.97 inches
- Weighs only 3kgs
- Durable and lightweight
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Great for senior dogs
- Can be used over stairs
- Easy to use and store
- Non-slip carpet
- Can be used as a cat ramp
- Not foldable
Review: The product has 50% of five-star reviews. It is best for small pets and suitable for low-profile objects. The sandpaper walking surface may feel too rough. It works well, though, with modifications.
What is the Best Cheap Dog Ramp?
PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp is the best cheap pet dog ramp, in our opinion. If you are buying a cheap dog ramp or related pet supplies like a step ladder or steps pet stairs, you should keep certain specifics in mind mentioned below:
- Weight Capacity. A cheap dog ramp may not be able to carry very large dogs. Therefore, you should always check the weight they can handle. On average, cheap portable pet ramps can handle about 80 to 200 pounds of weight, suitable for small to medium-sized pets.
- Length. What are you buying the safety ramp for? Depending on the purpose, look at the length of the ramp. Cheap dog ramps may not be too long. The average length runs between 30 inches and 62 inches. Even better, if your chosen dog rap is collapsible and free standing.
- Price. When buying a cheap dog ramp, always look at the price tag. You can quickly get a durable and lightweight ramp for $70.
- Versatility. A cheap dog ramp can either be suitable for indoor use like for beds, couches, closets, etc., or you can use it for cars, trucks, and minivans. Make sure you know the use and decide accordingly.
- Use the folding ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together.
- High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp.
- Ramp easily folds in half and locks with the safety latch to let you conveniently store it in your vehicle.