Crave Dog Food Summary
- Best Overall Crave Dog Food: CRAVE Grain Free Adult High Protein Natural Dry Dog Food
This grain-free high-protein dry dog food is our top pick and has a high rating on platforms like Amazon and Chewy.
- Best Wet Crave Dog Food: CRAVE Grain-Free Adult Canned Wet Dog Food
This wet dog food is perfect for picky eaters as it offers a great texture that dogs love, along with a delicious gravy.
What is Crave Dog Food?
Crave Dog Food is a new competitor in the pet food arena and is the first product launched by Mars Corporation that offers grain-free high, protein recipes. This brand is a direct competition against brands including Eukanuba, Purina, Greenies, Iams, Nutro, Pedigree, Royal Canin, Sheba, and Whiskas.
Mars has its headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee, and claims that Crave is manufactured in the USA using ingredients sourced from all over the world. However, it does not reveal the exact location of these ingredients. But it is a well-known fact that Mars sources its ingredients from the USA and Europe.
Crave is known for its wet and dry cat foods and dog foods and has a wide range of offerings in both ranges. Thanks to its quality manufacturing process, they have a brilliant reputation among its customers.
In its dog foods, the brand uses ingredients such as brown rice, lamb meal, and sweet potatoes in addition to the real meat to make the meal as balanced as possible.
Where is Crave Dog Food Made?
Crave Pet Food is made in North America, while its ingredients are sourced from all over the world. They try their best to source these ingredients as close to the manufacturing units as possible. However, they do get some of their vitamins and minerals from China.
The brand was launched in 2017 and is prepared in the USA by Mars pet care Unit. Thanks to its wide range of products, pet parents will find one or the other recipe for their furry friends. These recipes are often crafted with animal proteins and quality carbohydrates.
How is Crave Dog Food Made?
Crave Dog Food is available as both dry and wet foods.
Crave Dog Food contains real meat as the first ingredient. Additionally, they also have launched an entire grain-free line of foods that are free from harmful ingredients, including artificial flavors and colors.
Is Crave Dog Food Good For Dogs?
Yes, Crave Dog Food is good.
Crave Dog Food has proved to be an excellent dog food thanks to its use of premium ingredients. Several pet parents have recommended the product considering it is rich in animal protein.
The brand offers grain-free formulas with no artificial flavors and colors. As a result, you can expect your dog to have much better health, stronger muscles, and high energy levels.
Crave Dog Food Formulas Reviewed
There are different Crave Dog Food options. To help owners find the right formula for their pets, we have reviewed some of the brand’s best-selling recipes.
Summary: Crave High Protein Adult Grain-Free Dry dog food is made with White Fish and Salmon as the first ingredients. Additionally, it contains various beneficial vitamins and minerals along with other nutrients. This product has been formulated to meet the nutritional requirements of dogs of all breeds and life stages. It helps to give your dog strong, lean bodies thanks to 34% protein content. It also provides the energy your dog needs through carbohydrates sources like peas.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Adult dogs
Flavor Options: Ocean Fish
- Contains high-quality animal protein
- Real white fish is the first ingredient
- Supports a strong, lean body with 34% high protein
- Formulated with no corn, wheat, or soy
- Contains no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or grain
- The product could lead to a buildup of plaque on your dog’s teeth
- Could lead to minor allergic reaction in rare cases
- White Fish: Whitefish is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Pork Meal: Pork, a good source of protein and amino acids essential for muscle growth and energy, is also an excellent source of B vitamins to support a healthy nervous system.
- Chicken Fat: Preserved with mixed tocopherols (natural preservatives), chicken fat enhances the flavor while supplying omega-fatty acids.
- Split Peas: Packed with the protein, vitamins, fiber, and potassium that pets need, peas support a pet’s GI health.
- Natural Flavor: This adds a great flavor to the dog food and makes every meal worth looking forward to.
- Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal: Alfalfa meal is rich in minerals, including zinc, iron, and manganese, along with vitamins A & C.
- Dried Plain Beet Pulp: Beet is a natural source of nutrients, including dietary fiber, folate, and ascorbic acid or vitamin C.
- Potassium Chloride: A potent potassium mineral necessary for normal heart function.
- Salt: Used to add seasoning to the meal.
- Choline Chloride: Choline chloride protects nerve function and maintains fat metabolism.
- Citric Acid: This is used as a preservative to increase the shelf life of the product.
- DL-Methionine: DL-Methionine is an essential amino acid that is converted to taurine in the body to promote heart health.
- Vitamin E Supplement: Vitamin E supplement is an antioxidant that prevents cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Manganese Sulfate: This is an essential mineral for normal growth and development, healthy carbohydrate metabolism, and regular nerve function.
- D-Calcium Pantothenate: Calcium is vital for strong bones and teeth and promotes healthy muscle tissue and growth for puppies, kittens, and adult pets.
- Biotin: Biotin, a water-soluble B vitamin, is essential for growth and well-being.
- Thiamine Mononitrate: Vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate) helps develop a healthy nervous system, muscles, heart, and mucous membranes.
- Vitamin B12 Supplement: Vitamin B12 is essential for healthy growth in pets and the normal processing of carbohydrates, protein, and fat in the body.
- Vitamin A Supplement: Vitamin A is an essential oil-soluble vitamin that helps pets develop healthy bones, teeth, hair, skin, eyes, and mucous membranes.
- Niacin Supplement: Niacin, or vitamin B3, is essential in developing a healthy coat and skin.
- Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2): Riboflavin, or vitamin B2, is important for the digestion of fats and carbohydrates and developing a healthy skin and coat, as well as overall growth.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6): Pyridoxine hydrochloride, or vitamin B6, is essential for a pet’s metabolism of proteins and helps develop normal brain function.
- Vitamin D3 Supplement: Vitamin D3 supplement provides additional support for healthy skin, bone, connective tissue, and heart development.
- Folic Acid: Folic acid is a water-soluble B vitamin that plays an important role in various cellular functions.
- Rosemary Extract: Rosemary is a natural seasoning with potent antioxidant features that are added for a more enriching flavor experience.
Review: This protein-rich dry kibble is formulated without chicken by-product meal, corn, wheat, or soy and contains no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. Overall, Amazon customers give the food 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Summary: This grain-free wet dog food contains 99% of the protein that is derived from animal sources. This gives your pet a lean and healthy body, thanks to the formation of muscles. This also gives your dog the energy to play all day. Based on the diets of wolfs, Crave Adult Grain-Free Wet Dog Food Beef Paté contains real animal protein that is of premium quality and offers delicious meaty flavors that most dogs love. This product is also from harmful ingredients such as soy, corn, or wheat.
Type: Wet dog food
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Beef; Chicken; Turkey
- Real meat is the first ingredient
- 99% of this recipe’s protein comes from animal sources
- The product is inspired by the diets of dogs’ wolf ancestors
- Made with no wheat or corn
- Contains vitamins, minerals, and other beneficial nutrients
- The texture might not suit some dogs
- The product might have an off-putting smell
- Beef: Beef is a protein source that supports muscle development and energy.
- Chicken Broth: Chicken broth adds a great poultry flavor and ensures hydration along with the benefits of chicken.
- Chicken Liver: Chicken liver is used to provide pets with protein, iron, vitamin A and delicious natural flavor.
- Chicken Heart: Chicken heart is a lean protein containing fatty acids, vitamin A, iron, and B vitamins. Plus, it contains taurine, which can promote heart health in pets.
Review: This dog food focuses on protein-rich diets for a lean and healthy body. Inspired by your dog’s natural diet, this product contains real meat, poultry, or fish as the first ingredient. Based on Amazon reviews, the formula scores 4.5 out of 5 stars.
What Dog Food Formula does Crave Make?
Crave Dog Food makes both dry and wet food recipes. Here are both categories and the specific formulas:
Is Crave Dog Food AAFCO Approved?
Yes, Crave Dog Food is AAFCO approved.
Since Crave uses real meat as the first ingredient, its products are made within the guidelines set by AAFCO. They offer high-protein meals in both wet and dry forms. Additionally, the brand has a wide range of recipes for every pallet.
Has Crave Dog Food Been Recalled?
No, Crave Dog Food has not been recalled.
Is Crave Dog Food Worth It?
Yes, Crave Dog Food is worth it.
Crave Dog Food contains premium ingredients. Therefore, it has a high protein content and uses real meat as its first ingredient. However, Crave is a bit on the expensive side, compared to some competitors.