Best Dog Allergy Supplements at a Glance
- Best Overall Allergy Supplement: Petlab.Co Itch Chews
When do Dogs Need Allergy Supplements?
Dogs need allergy supplements when there is a high risk of developing allergic reactions. Here is a list of situations and scenarios benefiting from dog allergy supplements:
- When the dog is exposed to allergens such as fleas, pollen, certain foods, or medication that has caused an allergic reaction.
- If the dog is showing allergy symptoms such as itching, hot spots, gastrointestinal problems, difficulties breathing and other respiratory symptoms, swollen face, etc.
- In cases the dog food does not provide all the necessary nutritional vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids.
Although dog allergy supplements are available over-the-counter, it is advisable to consult with your trusted veterinarian. The vet will help you choose what supplements may best suit your dog’s unique needs.
How do Dog Allergy Supplements Work?
Dog allergy supplements work by strengthening the immune system to help dogs battle allergies more effectively. Often dogs are deficient in essential nutrients, which weakens their immune systems and makes it harder for them to fight allergens.
This is why dog allergy supplements include colostrum, probiotics, prebiotics, quercetin, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients to enhance immunity and support overall wellness.
What are the Benefits of Dog Allergy Supplements?
The benefits of a high-quality dog allergy supplement vary from decreasing the risk of developing an allergic reaction to managing the potential allergy symptoms.
Here is a more detailed review of the benefits of dog allergy supplements:
- Your dog’s regular diet may not provide enough nourishment to help them fight allergies at home. These dog allergy supplements will enhance their normal diet while also providing critical vitamins and minerals to help them maintain good health and immunity.
- Seasonal and environmental allergies are common in dogs. Dogs with a healthy immune system are better able to resist allergies. You can help your dogs build a stronger immune system and manage and heal better by giving them allergy supplements.
- Dog allergy supplements boost the skin and digestive health of dogs. They contain various essential oils and substances that hydrate and clean dogs’ skin. They aid in the treatment of rashes and spots. Colostrum and other digestive enzymes are also present in the supplements, which aid digestion.
- The chews are high in antioxidants and omegas like DHA and EPA, which help your dog’s immune system.
The Best Dog Allergy Supplements Review
There is a wide range of dog allergy supplements available. The supplements mentioned below are highly reliable, recommended by top veterinarians worldwide, and conveniently available on Amazon and Chewy. Let’s look at all the details and features the best dog allergy supplements offer.
Summary: Chris created Petlab to help and provide excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-itch products that enhance your dog’s health and wellness. Natural active ingredients such as honey, turmeric, and oils are used in their dog treats to moisturize the skin and prevent infections. The Petlab.Co products have received over 5,000 five-star reviews.
- Promote overall health and provide allergy relief
- Support and maintain optimum coat health
- Helps with dry and itchy skin by ensuring itch relief
- With honey, turmeric, salmon oil, coconut oil, and vitamin C
- Excellent taste and nutritionally dense
- Could trigger an allergic reaction
- Might not work equally for all allergic dogs
Review: Dog owners say that the Petlab.Co chews are “fantastic,” “working wonders,” and their dogs “love them.” Some customers mention that the product is “too expensive” but “worth every penny.”
Summary: PetHonesty is a company owned by Ben, Sean, and Camille, who love pets and are dedicated to providing high-quality health supplements with natural ingredients. Based in the US, they make the best dog allergy supplements without compromising on ingredient quality, production, and packing.
- Made up of colostrum, probiotics, coconut oil, and quercetin
- Rich in fish oil and omega-3 fatty acids
- Supports gut health and proper digestion
- Boost histamine levels in the face of seasonal allergies
- Modulates the normal inflammatory processes
- Vet-approved formula with dog-friendly chicken flavor
- Might trigger allergies in some dogs
- Monitoring needed for any digestive changes
Review: Pet owners say the PetHonesty Dog Allergy soft chews are “dog-approved” and contain the “best ingredients for allergy relief.” They also mention that the soft chews are “actually working.”
Summary: To provide a wide selection of high-quality health supplements and skincare products for dogs, Zesty Paw was founded in 2014. The brand has released a variety of chews and oils to help dogs combat seasonal allergies. Today, the Zesty Paws Aller Immune Bites are one of the company’s best-selling pet products.
- Promote a robust immune system
- Contain colostrum and probiotic blend
Enhanced with salmon fish oil
High-quality and grain-free formula
Made in the USA
- It takes time before there are visible results
Review: Pet parents say that the Zesty Paws Aller Immune Bites are “brilliant,” and they are “really working” and free from “harsh chemicals and nasty side effects.” However, users note that the bites need time to kick in.
Summary: Dan Schaefer is a founder and co-creator of Native Pet, which is a company dedicated to providing vital allergy medicine to help you dogs fight allergies and build strong immune systems. Along with the help and support of his childhood friend, Pat Barron, they created Native Pet with the main intention to provide premium care for dogs.
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Boosts the dog's overall immunity
- Regulates the histamine response
- Added spirulina, colostrum, probiotics, and prebiotics
- Promote overall gut health and digestion
- Instant relief and relaxation for your dog
- Could trigger diarrhea in some dogs
Review: Pet owners say that the Native Pet Dog Allergy Relief Chews are an “excellent product,” and their “dogs love them.” They say they help with “itchy skin” and “decrease shedding.”
Summary: Established in 1994, NaturVet has over 25 years of experience delivering high-quality products and supplements to help dogs fight seasonal and environmental allergies. They import resources from all over the world to ensure quality and nutrition. The brand is focused on using high-quality ingredients.
- Rich in antioxidants and omegas like DHA and EPA
- Easy to use chewable tablets
- Help fight allergies, skin, and ear infections
- Promote overall respiratory and gut health
- Help complement the everyday dog diet
- Some dogs may dislike the taste of the chews
Review: Pet parents say that the Naturvet Soft Chews are the “best thing” and describe them as an “amazing product.” They mention they are a “dietary solution for sensitive skin” and would “highly recommend” them.
Summary: If your dog has skin infections or allergies, then the Bexley Lab’s range of products is ideal for your dog. They are dedicated to providing high-quality products to help your dog battle skin infections and aid with instant relief. This dog allergy supplement is easy to apply as it can be sprayed. The product is highly recommended by top veterinarians in the US.
- Best in the market for treating skin infections
- Aid in the treatment of skin infections, red patches, and acne
- Contains aloe and vitamins for proper skin hydration
- Delivers immediate relief from rashes
- Alcohol-free topical formula that does not sting
- Helps to deodorize and clean hard to reach areas
- The fragrance is a bit overpowering
Review: Pet owners say that the Bexley Labs Curaseb Spray “works well” and offers “great value.” They describe the topical as “helpful” and “simple to use.” Some users complain about the spray’s scent.
Summary: Since 2008, Pet MD has collaborated with highly professional and experienced veterinarians to build and provide high-quality products for dogs. They put years into research and testing to ensure the supplements and medications are safe for your dogs and help fight allergies.
- Provide enough moisture to ensure relief and comfort
- For a range of skin conditions (from insect bites to skin infections)
- Convenient and straightforward to use
- Unlike similar products, the wipes do not sting
- Can be used to promote healthy skin
- Safe and efficient for both dogs and cats
- The fragrance can be too strong for some dogs
Review: Pet parents say that the PetMD Wipes are “working perfectly for skin folds” and “help with allergy relief.” They describe the wipes as “brilliant” because they are ” perfectly wet and pleasingly scented.”
What Supplements are Good for Dog Allergies?
A good dog allergy supplement should be made of high-quality ingredients, efficient, and easy to use. Follow the guidelines provided below when choosing dog allergy supplements or any other type of supplement for your dog:
- Recognize how critical it is to select the best option for your dog. Many companies make claims that are too good to be true, such as quick results. Avoid marketing gimmicks and trust your veterinarian’s advice.
- Choose brands that have undergone extensive clinical testing to prove the efficacy of their product. Do not forget to check the reviews and feedback from other customers.
- It’s always a good idea to read the ingredients list to check if any of the substances are allergens for your dog. Different dogs respond differently to the same ingredient.
- Human supplements should not be given to dogs. They can exacerbate the problem and often contain ingredients that are potentially dangerous to dogs.
For additional care and nutrition, ensure that the dog allergy supplement contains the necessary omega-3 fatty acids, colostrum, cider vinegar, and other essential vitamins and nutrients to build a strong immune system to fight allergies.
What Helps Dog Allergies Fast?
If your dog experiences allergic reactions such as itching, you can use various oils to provide immediate relief and soothing. Veterinarians widely recommend CBD oil for the treatment of allergic symptoms in dogs.
What Can I Give My Dog for Allergies Every Day?
You can give your dog multivitamin supplements, in addition to a nutritionally rich and balanced diet to combat allergies and decrease the harmful effects of common allergens.
Daily vitamins maintain the dog’s skin health, boost growth, and battle germs in their mouth that cause foul breath. Also, they improve overall health and immunity to combat allergies.
If the dog allergy supplement is not enough, talk to your vet about using a mainstream antihistamine such as Benadryl. There are many medical options, so it may take some time to find what works best for your dog’s needs. Also, you can use a dog allergy supplement in conjunction with mainstream meds and other approaches.
What Causes Dog Allergies?
Your dog may be allergic to a variety of things. When your dog comes into contact with allergens, it develops allergies. Allergens are compounds that can trigger an allergic reaction.
Because there are so many risks, it’s critical to feed your dogs with the proper nutrition and supplements so they may stay healthy and battle allergies.
Check with your veterinarian to see if your dog is allergic to any foods or medications. Also, educate yourself about the dog allergy symptoms, such as sneezing, watery eyes, diarrhea, etc.
What are the Most Common Allergens for Dogs?
Pollen, insect stings, and foods are some of the most common allergens in dogs. Here is a more detailed list of the potential allergens:
- Insect bites and flea saliva
- Pollen, grasses, and other plants
- Shed skin cells (from other pets and humans)
- Dust mites and other pesky little parasites
- Human foods and protein sources
- Certain medications (made for humans or dogs)
Sometimes, it can be hard to determine the culprit behind the dog’s skin issues and allergies. In such cases, the vet’s best advice would be to try a sensitivity test. The test will provide helpful info and usually pinpoint the dog’s allergens.