Best Dog Backpack Carrier Summary
Our Top Pick
Reliable, durable, and fancy-looking dog backpack carrier for adventurers.
|Get on Amazon|
Best for Small Dogs
Stylish design and outstanding quality for a small dog backpack carrier.
|Get on Amazon|
The perfect durable backpack carrier for pet owners on a tight budget.
|Get on Amazon|
Best for Airlines
If onboarding on a flight, this dog backpack is what you need.
|Get on Amazon|
Easy to Use
Padded dog backpack carrier that ensures comfort for both the dog and the owner.
|Get on Amazon|
Highly durable dog backpack carrier with an ergonomic design and padded straps.
|Get on Amazon|
Durable and versatile design that allows dogs to stretch their legs.
|Get on Amazon|
What is a Dog Backpack Carrier?
A dog backpack carrier is like a backpack with a special compartment for carrying dogs. These backpacks ensure that the pets are comfortable while carried by their owners.
Whether you are traveling, hiking, or riding a bike – a dog backpack carrier will help you move your pet while on the go.
The best part – they come in a range of shapes and sizes. From front-facing carriers to durable backpacks, you name it, and the pet market has it.
Are Backpack Carriers Good for Dogs?
Yes, a backpack carrier is a blessing in disguise for dogs who love to enjoy good weather and don’t bother being carried in a bag.
Dog backpack carriers are super convenient for smaller pets. What is more, their breathable mesh design will keep the dog comfortable.
The Best Dog Backpack Carriers Reviewed
There are a plethora of backpack carriers in the pet gear market. We have reviewed the best dog carrier bag to make your task easier.
Summary: The sack trainer doggie carrier by K9 Sport has ergonomic padded shoulder straps, a lower lumbar waist strap, a single side pocket, collar enclosure, mesh venting panels, and more. K9 sport sack air dog carrier is made comfy, considering minute details to ensure that both the dog and the carrier stay comfortable.
Best use: For hiking, biking, public transportation, walking with your dog. Extra small size suitable for small dogs of up to 13-inch length and weights up to 30lbs.
Sizes available: X-small, Small, Medium, Large
- Available in four colors
- Good for Chihuahua, Pomerium, Papillion, Maltese dogs
- Suitable for socializing with your dog
- Comfortable back padding with storage pockets
- Very affordable
- Material of the bag not mentioned
Review: The dog hiking backpack carrier by K9 Sport has many positive reviews. People find it life-changing, perfect, and comfortable.
Summary: Dog Carrier backpack by Kurgo is waterproof, well ventilated, hands-free, and has dimensions of 13″ W x 21″ H x 10″ D. It is also TSA Airplane approved carrier.
Best use: for airports, hiking, and traveling. Suitable for pets up to 25lbs
Sizes available: two sizes (Nomad and G-Train)
- Available in five colors
- Transforms from traditional backpack to carrier
- Suitable for smaller dogs
- Laptop compartment available
- Hip belt and sternum belt
- Stain-resistant, machine washable
- Tons of storage
- Not for huge dogs
Review: This medium dog backpack flaunts plenty of good reviews, and users find it helpful and convenient. It is comfortable for biking as well. 1% to 2% of the users complained about the quality issue.
Summary: The pet travel bag by Texsens is suitable for carrying small and medium-sized pets. It has PVC mesh windows and a well-ventilated design with buckle support. It is also collapsible. It is made considering the comfort of the pets.
Best use: for pets up to 18lbs, for hiking, traveling, walking, and outdoor use
Sizes available: one size
- Available in three colors
- Dimensions are 15.2" L x 11.4" W x 16.5" H
- Highly breathable and spacious
- Side pockets on both sides
- Chest buckles to reduce shoulder weight
- No hip safety straps
Review: This dog carrier flaunts tons of good reviews. Users love this bag for its space, height, comfortable for pets. Some users have trouble carrying it for long hours, though.
Summary: This pet travel carrier backpack by Lollimeow is a bubble backpack that is airline-approved with excellent ventilation. It has an expandable anti-scratching net mesh at the back, keeping it cool and functional even on long hikes, ensuring that your dog doesn’t get anxious.
Best use: For carrying pets on hiking, biking, traveling, and outdoor use. For dogs and cats up to 10lbs.
Sizes available: OneExpanded size : 13″ L x 27.5″ W x 16.5″ H
- Excellent for small cats and dogs
- Expandable mesh
- Front body carry bag
- Nine large ventilation holes for optimum airflow
- Each to reach your pet even while carrying
- Airline approved
- Quality issues
Review: The pet dog carrier has over 7000 reviews with 77% five-star reviews on Amazon. A majority of the users are super happy with the product’s functionality, while only 3% of others had issues with the padded straps, zippers, and quality.
Summary: This pet carrier by Apollo is both for small and large dogs. It has not one but three openings at the top for the pets to the lookout. It is well ventilated with mesh design, zippers, and comfortable skin-friendly soft fleece padding.
Best use: for hiking, traveling, camping, car seat rides, bike rides, outdoor use, walking. For medium-sized cats and dogs. Even large cats fit in well.
Sizes available: Medium
- Available in varied sizes and colors
- Made of polycast material
- The tote is escape-proof
- Meets airline requirements
- Comfortable thick shoulder padding with padded back
- Dimensions are 16.8" H x 12.6" L x 11.4" W
- For pets less than 15lbs
Review: Users with small dogs and cats loved it. It is lightweight, easy to carry, and comfortable. It has over 2,500 reviews with 80% 5-star reviews.
Summary: This is a dog carrier backpack by K2 Sport, adjustable and medium in size. It fits obese pets up to 30lbs. It is perfect for dog breeds like Pug, Jack Russell Terrier, Havanese, and others with a girth of up to 28inches.
Best use: for hiking, subways, motorcycles, skiing, dancing, shopping
Sizes available: Extra small, large, small, medium
- Available in 10 unique colors
- For all types of dogs - fat, tall, small
- Comes with 60 days quality guarantee
- Durable and breathable
- Cordura fabric and form-fitting mesh side
- Unequal weight distribution
Review: The pet and cat carrier backpack has about 1000 reviews with 70% 5-star ratings. The users loved it and even preferred it for large dogs with small heights. It is perfect for all cats as well.
Summary: Do you want your furry friend to feel free? This pet carrier by Pawaboo is the best pick. This adjustable backpack actually has space for keeping legs, hands, and face out separately. Furthermore, you have the choice to use it as a backpack or as a front pouch, all thanks to its chest strap. Each hoop and loop closure has an adjustable strap. It also has fabric-covered elastic to better flexibility.
Best use: For traveling, hiking, for pets less than 18lbs
Sizes available: small, medium, extra-large, large
- Available in 14 colors
- Legs out design
- Made from polyester
- Comfortable padding throughout
- Two ways of wearing
- Two side zippers
- Not for heavy dogs
Review: The dog front carrier has around 20,000 reviews with 61% 5-star reviews. The majority of the users with small pets love having it.
How Much Room Does a Dog Need in a Carrier?
A good dog backpack carrier mentions the length and girth of the dog that can fit in the bag. The carrier should have a decent room for a dog to curl around easily within the bag.
You should measure your dog carefully – the length from the neck to the base of the tail. For measuring the height, you should measure the dog’s girth.
What is the Best Dog Backpack Carrier?
- Bag Size. When it comes to the size, make sure the backpack carrier mentions the maximum permissible weight of the pet it can carry.
- Bag Material. Knowing the backpack’s material is essential to see if it’s comfortable, lightweight, breathable, and easy to carry around for hours. Look out for well-padded, mesh, and polyester fabric for long-lasting durability.
- Comfortable Shoulder Straps. Always give extra stress and notice on the straps of the backpack. The shoulder straps handle the maximum weight of the backpack. Thus, straps should be well padded such that the weight is equally distributed. The broader the shoulder strap, the better it would be to carry around.
- Dimensions of the Bag. One should give due consideration to the dimensions of the bag. The length of the bag should be greater than the length of your pet. The same goes for the height and width of the bag. Don’t forget to measure your dog’s girth when buying a dog carrier.
- Ventilation. You surely do not want your dog or cat to be sweating inside the backpack. Thus, an easily breathable and well-ventilated backpack works best. Look out for a bag with mesh openings and special holes for your pet to breathe easily.
- Additional Features. It is a good idea to check if the backpack carrier has some additional features. For example, having a water-resistant cover or a water bottle compartment can be quite useful.
What is the Best Dog Carrier for Walking?
The best dog carrier for walking is one that is lightweight and comfortable. Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack is the best dog carrier for walking.
This adjustable backpack comes with a separate section for keeping legs, face, and hands, ensuring utmost comfort. Further, the backpack comes with a chest strap. So, you can decide if you want to carry your pet in front or at the back while walking.
- Pawaboo dog carrier backpack is designed for small dogs/cats, perfect for puppies weighing up to 18 lbs.
- Safe and comfortable design with easy installation. Perfect fit for your pet with adjustable openings and quick-release buckles.
- Hands-free and versatile pet carrier for carrying your cat or dog.