Table of Contents
What is the Best Dog Birthday Cake?
- Best Overall Dog Birthday Cake: Thoughtfully Gifts Dog Birthday Cookies
Individually wrapped and hand decorated, these delicious treats will excite any dog and come in boy & girl versions.
- Best Dog Birthday Cake Mix for Puppies: Puppy Cake Dog Birthday Cake Kit
This cake mix is specifically formulated for dogs with sensitive stomachs and is perfectly safe for puppies.
- Most Affordable Dog Birthday Cake Kit: Petcakes Birthday Dog Cake Recipe Kit
This kit comes with a bone mold and everything you need to make a delicious treat for your dog for less than 9 dollars,
- Most Giving Dog Birthday Cake: Bubba Rose Biscuit Company: Crunchy Biscuit Texture Dog Birthday Cake
A portion of each Bubba Rose product sale goes to the Bubba Rose Foundation to help rescue and shelter animals find forever homes.
- Most Reviewed Dog Birthday Cake Mix: Puppy Cake Wheat-Free Cake Mix and Frosting for Dogs
With well over 12,000 reviews on Amazon, this convenient and tasty cake mix is highly popular among dog owners.
- Best Ice Cream-Style Dog Birthday Cake: Puppy Scoops Ice Cream Dog Cake Recipe Mix
This ice cream is a great addition to dog cake recipes for your dog’s special occasion and is very easy to serve.
- UNIQUE GIFT - Gift includes 8 hand decorated birthday boy dog biscuits shaped like bones
FLAVORS - This dog gift contains flavorful dog treats that will have your pooch begging for more!
- DOG GIFT - Gift shows the dog owner that you were not only thinking about them but their dog also!
- GIFT BAG READY - Just wrap it up, slip it into a bag or add a bow, and this gift set is ready to go!
Can You Give a Dog Birthday Cake?
Yes, you can give a dog birthday cake.
Although these cakes are made with dog-safe ingredients, they do not have real nutritional value. The act of giving a dog a birthday cake is mostly for the human element, but there are some more superficial benefits. Here are those benefits:
- Fun Break from Regular Treats. Giving dogs a birthday cake instead of traditional treats can break up the monotony of giving them the same thing day after day. They will have something different presented to them and, especially if it is a whole cake, it can be a real treat they weren’t expecting.
- Enriched Treat-Giving Experience. This is more of a benefit for humans than dogs but the act of making the cake and seeing your dog enjoy it can be extremely rewarding as a dog owner.
- Healthy Dog Treats. When you make a doggy birthday cake yourself, you know what is going into it, much like you can make homemade dog treats. Homemade dog cakes can be made with pumpkin, bananas, peanut butter, etc., to make them rich in nutrients such as potassium, calcium, and vitamin A.
What Kind of Cake Can Dogs Eat?
There are a few human cakes that are safe for dogs. Simple sponge cakes made with flour, sugar, eggs, and butter are safe for dogs to eat because they do not contain ingredients that can cause them harm.
Other human cakes are harmful. For example, chocolate, raisins, and sweeteners can be toxic are toxic to dogs, and cakes containing them must not be served to dogs. Plus, most cakes are high in saturated fat, carbohydrates, dairy, and additives that are unhealthy for dogs.
Therefore, when it comes to the dog birthday cake, stick to recipes formulated specifically for dogs. That way, you can rest assured the cake ingredients are perfectly safe for your birthday boy/girl.
The Best Dog Birthday Cakes Reviewed
Here we will review the best pupcakes for your dog’s “Happy Birthday.“
Summary: These premade dog biscuits are the perfect gift for dogs on their birthday, a special occasion, or just an ordinary weekday. They are hand decorated and shaped like bones to provide fun and excitement in the form of dog treats.
Each treat is individually wrapped so it won’t become stale once the package is opened. They are suitable for small dogs of all ages and made into a crunchy cookie texture to be enticing to dogs and offer them an enjoyable eating experience.
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: N/A
- Human-grade, non-GMO ingredients
- Soy, corn, and dairy free
- Fun-shaped and hand-decorated
- Come in a premium gift box
- Available in a boy/girl version
- Uses artificial flavors
Ingredient Analysis: Wheat flour is the first ingredient and gives these dog biscuits some flavor and much of their texture. Sugar and brown sugar syrup add more flavor with the help of ginger. Artificial flavors are used, though, and this is generally seen as a cheap way to add taste to dog food.
Review: Happy consumers bought these for their furry friend’s birthday and said they loved them. They were happy the ingredients were simple and recognizable, and they were pleased with the individual wrapping of each biscuit. The most common complaint, by far, was that these biscuits made their dogs sick.
Summary: Available in a half dozen flavors, this dog birthday cake comes in at least one flavor that is sure to excite dogs. The reusable cake pan is made of silicone and is safe for use in the oven, microwave, and dishwasher.
This mix is made in the United States and requires only a few select household ingredients to make. In case your dog is allergic to eggs, this recipe can be made with unsweetened applesauce in the place of eggs to make for a safer treat.
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Banana; Birthday Cake; Carob; Peanut Butter; Pumpkin; Red Velvet
- Wheat-free and with natural ingredients
- Comes with a reusable silicone pan
- Safe for use in oven, microwave, dishwasher, and freezer
- Included candle and icing mix
- Available in a wide selection of flavors
- Contains common allergens like dairy and peanuts
Ingredient Analysis: The dry ingredients in this cake mix are rice flour, cane sugar, and salt for its base, and then added natural flavors like peanut butter and pumpkin. The icing is made with tapioca starch, dehydrated yogurt, and olive oil.
Review: Consumers loved how easy this cake was to make. Inexperienced bakers were able to confidently bake this cake and whip up the icing to present to their fur baby. They were impressed with the quality of the cake and described it as “fluffy and moist” more often than not. By far the most common complaint, however, was that this cake gave their dogs diarrhea.
Summary: The carob flavor of this cake mix is made to get dogs excited and ready for a delicious treat. It is made in the USA and features a reusable cake pan for future cake-making endeavors. There is no corn, wheat, or preservatives in this mix, and all ingredients are natural and safe for dogs to consume regularly. The cake is very quickly made with just some added water and optional peanut butter included before baking. It is suitable for dogs of all sizes and shaped like a bone for dog-themed parties.
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Carob
- Made with 100% all-natural ingredients
- Delicious and high in protein
- Includes reusable cake pan & candle
- No corn, wheat, soy, sugar, or preservatives
- Extremely easy to prepare and serve
- The reusable pan is plastic and not safe for oven use
Ingredient Analysis: Organic oat flour, brown rice flour, and flaxseed meal are the first ingredients, and each of these gives this cake mix a great base of healthy and safe ingredients for dogs. Baking soda and baking powder offer leavening effects, while carob powder and cinnamon give this cake its flavor. The icing is simply dried yogurt.
Review: Most consumers were happy with this purchase. Their dogs were able to enjoy a special occasion, and their owners were happy that they could recognize all of the ingredients, and some even had all of the ingredients in their kitchen already so they could make more at any time. Disappointed customers said they would not be buying another kit because the reusable pan is plastic and their cake turned out dry.
Summary: The multiple size and color options this cake is available in are sure to excite any dog and its owner. The crunchy texture of this cake is more similar to a cookie than a cake, and the ingredients are all-natural, non-GMO, and safe for dogs. Each purchase of a Bubba Rose product is a contribution to the Bubba Rose foundation that helps rescue animals find permanent homes. As a bonus, Bubba Rose offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee with this product.
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Peanut Butter Apple
- Natural, healthy & simple ingredients
- Wheat, corn, soy, and gluten-free
- Crunchy biscuit texture
- Available in several sizes and colors
- Donates to animals in need
- More expensive than similar options
Ingredient Analysis: Oat flour is used to give this cake its volume and texture, while applesauce, molasses, honey, and peanut butter give this cake its flavor. Ginger and cinnamon are used to help add to the flavor, while a yogurt coating is provided for a healthy frosting.
Review: Most dog owners were happy to see their best friend gobble up this cake. They said the crunchy texture was great for their dog, and the cake was easy to make. While they were happy with the texture, others were not. Some customers were upset the cake was crunchy, and they considered it burnt.
Summary: This dog birthday cake mix comes in various flavors and can be baked in the oven or cooked in the microwave. It has enough mix to make one 6-inch round cake, eight cupcakes, or 24 mini cupcakes for portion control or dog parties. It has been featured on TV’s Shark Tank and is made in the United States to ensure premium quality. The ingredients used are all-natural and human grade, so you know what you’re feeding your dog is safe and practical.
Best for: Puppies
Flavor Options: Banana; Carob; Peanut Butter; Pumpkin; Red Velvet; Sprinkles
- All-natural ingredients
- Can be baked or microwaved
- Makes up to 8 cupcakes
- Comes with an icing mix
- Can be made as a cake or cupcakes
- May cause stomach issues in sensitive dogs
Ingredient Analysis: Depending on the flavor, rice flour or whole wheat flour is used as the base of the formula. Cane sugar helps to make the cake tastier, while things like banana flavor, carob powder, peanut butter, and pumpkin give each mix its assigned flavor.
Review: Customers who were happy with this product said baking the cake was very easy. They mentioned the short prep time and total time spent prepping this cake was minimal, and the ingredients were simple to put together. Negative reviews came from customers whose dogs were sick after eating this cake. One reviewer said her dog was sick for “5 days and counting” and was very disappointed in her purchase.
Summary: Featuring flavors like maple bacon and birthday cake, this ice cream is suited for a dog’s taste buds. It is made with human-grade ingredients in the United States. This is a convenient and healthy ice cream treat that is ready to be scooped into a bowl for your furry friend to enjoy. The dairy used in this ice cream contains no lactose, so it is not considered a common allergen but is considered safe for dogs to consume.
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Birthday Cake; Carob; Maple Bacon; Peanut Butter; Vanilla
- Available in a variety of flavors
- Made with human-grade ingredients
- Healthy for dogs
- Lasts up to six weeks once made
- All-natural and made in the USA
- Often out of stock on online retailers
Ingredient Analysis: Lactose-free milk is the first ingredient, along with evaporated cane juice. Each of these adds sweetness and flavor to the mix. Gelatin adds texture so the ice cream will hold its shape, while salt helps the ice cream to freeze faster and adds taste.
Review: Many buyers were happy with this ice cream. They froze it in all kinds of containers, from bone-shaped molds to simply putting the mixture into a large bowl so they could get a spoonful and feed it to their dogs. Other customers said the ice cream had made their dogs sick. Some questioned the use of lactose-free milk in the recipe and thought it may the reason, while others simply said they knew it was caused by the ice cream and they wouldn’t be purchasing it again.
What Should I Look for in a Dog Birthday Cake?
When shopping for a dog birthday cake, consider the following factors:
- Dog-Safe Ingredients. Avoid ingredients like xylitol, chocolate, and dairy whenever possible. Instead, go for things like pumpkin puree, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, and whole wheat flour.
- Grain-Free or Grain-Inclusive. Grains and gluten have recently become a point of concern for many dog owners. Look for a recipe that suits your dog’s individual needs.
- Calories. Be mindful of the kcal per piece of cake. Ultimately, dog cakes are dog treats, and it is recommended not to exceed 10% of your dog’s daily calorie intake with treats.
Can You Make a Birthday Cake for a Dog?
Yes, you can make a dog birthday cake.
It is similar to making homemade dog treats in that you are sure what ingredients are going into the recipe, and there is no mystery to what your dog is eating. This way, using a dog birthday cake recipe at home can be far healthier for your dog.
When preparing a cake for dogs, you can make a layer cake in which the cake layers are separated by plain greek yogurt, peanut butter, or even applesauce. Round cakes with peanut butter frosting are also a great idea, and sprinkles are a safe way to add some flair to the cake.
Generally speaking, safe ingredients for dogs include plain yogurt, eggs, honey, blackstrap molasses, oats, buckwheat, sorghum, chickpeas, and flour.
Cake can be a great treat for a dog’s birthday party, a first birthday, or just a random day you feel like spoiling your dog. Making dog cupcakes for a 1st birthday can add some fun to your dog’s big day as well and are great for sharing and portion control if you have multiple dogs.