Table of Contents
What Is the Best Car Seat Protector for Dogs?
- Best Overall Dog Car Seat Covers: Vailge Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat
This reliable and high-quality car seat protector features waterproof fabric flaps.
- Most Versatile Dog Car Seat Covers: Urpower Waterproof Dog Seat Cover
This versatile quilted dog seat cover can be used in various configurations.
- Best Dog Car Seat Covers for Quick Trips: Active Pets Waterproof & Scratch Proof Car Seat Cover for Dogs
This bench seat cover for the rear seat is perfect for quick car rides to and from the dog park.
- Best 4-in-1 Dog Car Seat Covers: nzonpet 4-in-1 Dog Car Seat Cover
This deluxe dog seat cover is ideal for pet owners that frequently take their dogs on car rides.
- Best Semi-Permanent Dog Car Seat Covers: VIEWPETS Bench Car Seat Cover Protector
This bench seat cover is a stylish way to semi-permanently protect your car’s back seat.
- Most Functional Dog Car Seat Covers: Peticon Waterproof Car Seat Cover for Dogs with Mesh Window
This dog seat cover offers storage, comfort, and safety all in one while being high-quality.
- Vailge dog seat cover with mesh breath window provides your dog with a better air circulation in Summer and Winter. Ensure your dog feels cool and warm.
- Vailge unique quilted dog backseat dog hammock has two waterproof layers. 600D oxford with water-resistant coating and tpu which is a new waterproof material can prevent your seats from getting stained or wet.
- To ensure your dog’s safety, our dog back seat cover is held in place by four head rest straps, nonslip backing and two devices secured to the seat.
Is it Safe to Use Car Seat Covers for Dogs?
Yes, it is safe to use dog car seat covers to protect the upholstery and car doors. Most car seat covers are non-slip to ensure your dog is stable in the backseat. Hammock-style seat covers even prevent your dog from falling between the back and front seats.
Can I Use a Dog Car Seat Cover in the Backseat of My Car?
Yes, dog car seat protectors can be used in the backseat of a car or as SUV cargo liners.
Dog car seat covers are perfect for preventing stains on upholstery in the back seat of your car. They are typically easy to install around headrests and seatbelts.
What Are the Types of Car Seat Covers for Dogs?
There are different types of dog car seat covers. Here is a closer look at them:
- Rear Seat Protector. This type of back seat cover goes over just the upholstery sections of your rear seats, so you can still use them for people without removing the cover.
- Hammock Seat Cover. A dog car hammock covers the entire back seat and some of the leg space to provide more freedom of movement.
- SUV Cargo Liners. Most dog car seat covers can be used as a liner for a car’s cargo section, so large dogs can have a comfortable place to rest during car rides.
What Are the Benefits of Using Dog Car Seat Covers?
There are various benefits of using dog car seat covers. They include:
- Preventing Car Damage. Dog car seat covers protect upholstery and car door interiors by covering them in soft fabric.
- Reducing Dog Hair. When your dog lays on a car seat cover, it leaves dog hair behind on the hammock rather than the actual car seat.
- Controlling Odors. Stains and odors are no problem with stain-resistant dog car seat covers since you can simply remove the cover and clean it at any time.
- Adding Stability. Most dog car seat covers feature a non-slip base that prevents pets from sliding around during turns and sudden stops.
- More Space. Unlike a crate or a dog bed, dog car seat protectors offer plenty of room for your dog to get comfortable.
The Best Dog Car Seat Covers Reviewed
There are many dog car seat covers on the market, and finding the right one can be overwhelming. We have selected and reviewed the best car seat covers for dog owners.
Summary: This padded dog seat cover is great for the back seat of your car. The durable fabric connects to window hangers. The front seat headrests ensure stability, while the mesh window lets you watch your pet throughout the drive. This back seat cover is also easy to open and adjust.
Features: Mesh window, adjustable straps, waterproof fabric, double pockets, included seatbelt for dogs, zipper openings, non-slip net base
Dimensions: The base and front flaps are 60.24″ W x 20.47″ H. The side flaps are 20″ W x 15.47″ H. The back flap is 60.24″ W x 23.62″ H.
Material: Waterproof faux-leather
- Mesh window lets you keep an eye on your dog
- Durable material resists scratching and biting
- Convenient pockets let you store supplies close by
- Effortlessly install it in the back seat of your car
- Keep your dog safe with the included seatbelt
- Not ideal for destructive large dogs
- Not a standard size
Review: This back seat cover for dogs is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars by happy customers that love this tough cover. It’s easy to install and withstands wet and messy dogs. The mesh window is great for both pet parents and their furry friends to see each other, and the included seatbelt ensures extra safety when attached to a dog’s harness.
Summary: This large cover offers dog owners multiple ways to transport their pets safely. The zippered sides come down easily to help elderly dogs enter and exit your car. The waterproof cover has four layers of fabric, protecting your back seat from dog hair, mud, grass, and more. Effortlessly use this cover as a dog hammock, a bench seat cover, or a cargo liner.
Features: Seat anchors, non-slip PVC backing, seat belt opening, zippered sides, convertible shape, hanging straps, two dog seatbelts.
Dimensions: 54″ W x 58″ L
Material: 600D Oxford Cotton
- Completely waterproof
- Has a deep storage pocket
- Includes a dog seatbelt
- Zippered sides allow easy access
- Stylish orange accents on dark fabric
- Dogs cannot see beyond the cover without jumping up
Review: Rated 4.6 out of 5 stars, this dog seat cover has plenty of satisfied customers. The water-resistant fabric is easy to clean and goes higher than other models, making it impossible for dogs to get to the front seats. Ideal for large breeds, this heavy-duty rear seat cover can also be set up as a dog hammock. The thick fabric effectively protects the back and front seats from being scratched or soiled.
Summary: This dog seat cover is made to keep your rear seat clean and free of dog hair. The soft cotton is completely waterproof and padded. The product is easily set up as a simple bucket seat cover or hammock-style. The low-side flaps offer quick loading and unloading while also letting your dog look out the car door window during drives.
Features: Hook-and-loop openings, buckle fasteners, non-slip backing, seat anchors, waterproof fabric, and heavy-duty padding.
Dimensions: 52.5″ W x 17.5″ L
Material: 600D Oxford Cotton
- Dogs can easily see out of the window seat
- Adjustable straps for headrests make installation easy
- Padded fabric is water-proof
- Universal size fits most vehicles
- Double seat anchors and a non-slip base ensure stability
- Window flaps are not effective car door protection
Review: Rated 4.6 out of 5 stars, this dog hammock is a winner with medium-sized dogs. The non-slip base lets heavy dogs jump right in without messing up the rear seat cover. It’s easy to install and even easier to clean since the waterproof fabric can be wiped down with almost anything. Many customers noted how the heavy-duty fabric stood up against their excited pets every time they used this pet car seat cover.
Summary: This dog seat hammock cover combines style and functionality. The black quilted fabric features a neon-green trim and is completely waterproof. A mesh window lets pet parents keep an eye on their dog, while the side flaps protect car doors without obscuring the car door windows. A large pocket provides a space to store water, leashes, and more. This versatile cover can be used over the rear seats, cargo area, or hammock-style over the back seat space.
Features: Large storage pocket, Velcro sides, stylish design, mesh window, a non-slip bottom layer, adjustable headrest straps, adjustable hanger bar straps, heavy-duty stitching, waterproof cotton material.
Dimensions: The base and front flaps are 54.33″ W x 20.05″ H. The side flaps are 21.25″ W x 14.56″ H. The back flap is 54.33″ W x 18.5″ H.
Material: 600D Oxford Cotton
- Stylish, colorful design
- Large mesh window in the center
- Non-slip base ensures stability
- Adjustable straps fit over headrests
- Five layers of fabric keep pets comfortable
- Not ideal for large vehicles
Review: Rated 4.7 out of 5 stars, this is one of the highest scoring back seat covers available. Customers really love how durable the heavy-duty quilted fabric is and how easy it is to use. Even with dogs that frequently get covered in mud or dirt, keeping the back seat clean is a cinch. The mesh window and deep storage pocket help pet owners have peace of mind while they are driving since they can keep water or toys secured and know that their dog is getting enough airflow.
Summary: This stylish back seat protector is a subtle pet product perfect for most cars. The universal size and machine washable fabric make it easy to use and clean this dog back seat cover. The smooth upholstery is waterproof and comes in a variety of colors, like beige, green, or black. Unlike car hammocks, this back seat cover leaves leg room for both human passengers and furry best friends.
Features: Machine washable, waterproof, universal fit, non-slip mesh, side flaps, adjustable headrest buckles.
Dimensions: 49″ L × 56″ W
- Machine washable fabric
- Universal size fits most vehicles
- Waterproof fabric protects your car interior
- Easy to install and clean
- Available in multiple colors
- Cannot be used hammock-style
Review: Rated 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon, this bucket seat cover is perfect for family outings. The seatbelt openings make it easy to protect the rear seats while also having a baby car seat or other human passengers. The quilted fabric is fully waterproof and machine washable for easy cleaning. The installation is also easy, with simple adjustable straps that go over the back seat headrests. The selection of colors allows pet owners to match their car’s upholstery and style.
Summary: This water-resistant dog car seat cover is designed for a universal fit across most car models. The zippered sides protect car doors and make it easy to get your furry copilot in and out of the car. Two pockets allow you to store water, leashes, toys, and more right in the back seat. Dogs will stay comfortable thanks to the thickly padded fabric and a mesh window that keeps them cool throughout the car ride. The adjustable straps and buckles make it easy to install this car seat cover, and the fabric is easy to clean even when covered in dog hair or muddy paws.
Features: Waterproof fabric, universal fit, mesh window, side flaps, adjustable headrest buckles, zippered sides, non-slip fabric, two storage pockets
Dimensions: 54″W x 58″L
Material: Polyester & Cotton
- Universal fit for most car sizes
- Waterproof, non-slip fabric protects your back seats
- Can be hammock-style or only cover the back seat
- Easy to clean material
- Has a mesh window for airflow and visibility
- Not completely waterproof
Review: Rated 4.6 out of 5 stars, customers on Amazon like this dog seat cover for their small to medium-sized dogs. The ease of installation, universal fit, and ability to machine wash the cover is very convenient. The water-resistant cover can prevent small amounts of liquid from leaking onto your car’s upholstery, which is perfect for rainy days and other muddy car rides. The two pockets let owners keep supplies close by, while the mesh window lets them keep an eye on their dog. This well-made seat cover is perfect for car rides every day.
What Should I Look for in a Dog Car Seat Cover?
Dog car seat covers should have at least some of the following qualities:
- Fits the Car Model. Be sure to measure your backseat before purchasing so that your entire seat is covered.
- Water-Resistant. Dogs often get wet and muddy, so having a waterproof cover is essential to preventing stains or even water damage in your car.
- Soft Padding. Keep your dog comfortable with soft padding for them to walk on. Thick padding also helps prevent stains.
- Non-Slip Base. For sudden stops and turns, non-slip dog car seat covers are the best way to keep your pet safe.
- Easy Installation. Being able to quickly install and remove a car seat cover is important to maintaining cleanliness and safety for human passengers.
- Storage Space. Car seat covers often block access to storage space, so having pockets is the best way to hold your dog’s toys, leashes, and more.
- Ventilation. If your pet is nervous or if the weather is hot, having a mesh window is ideal so that you can keep an eye on your pet and ensure they get enough fresh air.
How can I Protect My Car Seats From Dog Hair?
Using a dog car seat cover is a great way to protect your car seats from dog hair, and they also offer a number of other benefits.
You can install one easily, just by attaching straps to the front seat headrests and the hanger bars on the rear car doors. Brushing your dog immediately before going for a car ride can reduce the amount of dog hair in your car too.
Can Dog Seat Covers be Washed?
Some brands of dog seat covers are machine washable. Other brands can simply be wiped down to be cleaned. Machine washable car seat covers are much more convenient to use since they can simply be placed in the machine and require almost no physical labor.