What Are the Best Dog Ear Wipes?
- Best Overall Dog Ear Wipes: Pet MD Dog Ear Cleaner Wipes Otic Cleanser for Dogs to Stop Ear Itching, and Infections
These ear wipes are effective, easy to use, safe, and with over 40,000 reviews so we know what other customers have experienced.
- Most Easy-Use Dog Ear Wipes: Vet’s Best Ear Cleansing Finger Wipes for Dogs
The finger slot on these wipes makes these safe and convenient ear wipes straightforward to use on almost any dog.
- Best Dog Ear Wipes for Fungal Infections: Curaseb Cat & Dog Ear Infection Treatment Wipes
Ketoconazole in this formula provides an antifungal agent, while alcohol helps to clean and sanitize the dog’s ear.
- Best Dog Ear Wipes in a Large Container: Wet Ones for Pets Extra Gentle Hypoallergenic Dog Wipes with Witch Hazel for Snout, Eye, and Ear
These ear wipes for dogs are available in a bulk-sized packaging of 720 wipes, thus being great cost-to-value products.
- Best Ear Wipes for Dogs with an NASC-Seal: Nutri-Vet Ear Cleansing Pads for Dogs
These wipes carry the NASC quality seal and are made with glycerin and alcohol to clean earwax and kill bacteria.
- Best Dog Ear Wipes for Ear Infections: VetWELL Dog Ear Wipes Otic Cleaning Wipes for Controlling Ear Infections and Ear Odor
Along with aloe vera and eucalyptus to soothe irritation, these wipes help to keep a pet’s ears dry to further ward off infections.
- Advanced Formulation Designed to Gently Clean, Deodorize and Dry Your Pets Ears
- Gentle and Safe for Regular Use which Prevents Ear Infections, Reduces Wax Build Up and Removes Debris in and Around the Ear
- 100 Convenient, Alcohol Free, Soothing and Non-Irritating Disposable Ear Wipes for Dogs. For Dogs Over 12 Weeks Old
Are Ear Wipes Good for Dogs?
Yes, dog ear wipes are good. In fact, there are a host of benefits to using ear wipes on dogs, and we list some of them below:
- Clean Ears. The most obvious benefit to using ear wipes is knowing your dog’s ears are cleaner. A cleaner ear is a healthier ear, and a healthier ear costs less to maintain than an infected ear costs to fix.
- Infection Prevention. Ear infections are one of the most common ailments in dogs. It is estimated that 1 in 5 dogs has an ear disease, and the best way to prevent this is with regular cleaning. Using ear wipes on your dog will help to keep the ear clean and free of obstructions and excessive wax that can lead to infections.
- No Injuries. Ear injuries are not uncommon and are more likely to happen to dogs with larger ears. Injuries can occur when a dog scratches, shakes its head too often or aggressively, or when playing or fighting. Injuries can lead to infections or hearing problems. Using ear wipes regularly will reduce the amount of wax buildup, thus removing the most common reason for ear infections and injuries due to scratching at a sore ear.
- Easy Use. Lastly, ear wipes are much easier to use than dog ear drops or cleaning solutions. They are practical and affordable, and dogs tolerate them.
The Best Dog Ear Wipes Reviewed
There are different dog ear wipes available on the market. To help pet owners find the right ones, we have reviewed several best-selling ear wipes for dogs.
Summary: Advanced formulation provides these ear wipes with the ability to deodorize a pet’s ear and makes ear cleaning a simple and easy process. It prevents ear infections, reduces ear wax buildup, removes dirt, and maintains healthy ears with regular use.
They are safe for dogs older than 12 weeks and contain aloe vera to soothe ear irritation. Plus, the wipes are made in the USA in a federally regulated facility to ensure the highest levels of safety and quality control.
- Well saturated and effective
- Helps to prevent yeast infection
- Well textured and provide ear relief
- Thin wipes that enter the ear canal
- Has a pleasant smell
- Size can be a little small for larger breeds
- Will not be able to reach down into the ear canal
Review: Most of the 40,000+ reviews on Amazon praise these dog ear wipes for their easy-to-use and gentle formula. Many of them say they use these wipes regularly, and their dogs have had fewer ear problems because of it.
Critical customer reviews, however, were disappointed when these wipes didn’t work as well as drops they had used in the past or said their dogs wouldn’t let them use the wipes on their ears.
Summary: The gentle formula in these wipes is safe for use on both dogs and cats. It provides relief from excessive ear wax and reduces itchiness with the use of aloe vera and tea tree oil.
Featuring antiseptic properties through the use of witch hazel, these wipes are great for weekly use to keep a dog’s ear canal clean and free of mites, dirt, and earwax. It is free of parabens and made with all-natural ingredients that help to soothe, deodorize, and clean ears with weekly use.
- Safe for weekly use
- Provides antiseptic relief
- Contains aloe vera to soothe irritation
- Provides a finger slot for easy use
- Contains tea tree oil, a controversial ingredient among dog owners
Review: With over 3,400 reviews, we are given a good idea of the experiences other customers have had using these dog ear wipes. For the most part, they are positive, with customers touting the effect these wipes had on their pet’s ears. They were happy with the convenient finger slot, and several said these were some of the best ear wipes they have used.
Other pet owners were not as impressed, although negative reviews only made up 3% of total ratings. The most common complaint was about using tea tree oil in the formula. These dog owners were upset to see this ingredient on the label and warned other dog owners to avoid it.
Summary: These scented pet ear wipes help deodorize smelly ears and prevent the accumulation of biofilms inside the ear. Great at cleaning the outer ear, these are also a great choice for the prevention of ear infections and removal of ear wax.
They are formulated with ketoconazole to fight fungal infections and benzyl alcohol to kill germs and bacteria. It is made in the USA and provides the best results when paired with an inner ear cleanser that can reach the ear canal.
- Cucumber melon scented
- Provides antiseptic relief
- Is safe for use as a cat ear cleaner
- Ketoconazole for fungal infections
- Made in the USA
- The fragrance is too strong for some users
Review: Dog and cat owners left happy customer reviews with statements like “these are magic” and “amazing.” They were happy with how easy these dog ear wipes were to use and how well they worked on their pet’s ears.
Unhappy reviews were left by pet owners whose animals had suffered an allergic reaction to these wipes, and they were disappointed by how small the wipes were.
Summary: These wipes are available in package sizes up to 720 wipes per package for homes with multiple animals. They are gentle enough for dogs with sensitive skin yet effective at removing dirt and grime from a dog’s ears.
These doggie ear wipes are fragrance-free, so there are no additives to bother an animal’s ears. This formula is safe for use around the ears, eyes, and snout and effective at removing tear stains and wax from a dog’s fur.
- Available in bulk sizes
- Effective on tear stains and stubborn wax
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Contains witch hazel as an antiseptic
- The wipes do not come with the dispenser, so they may dry up quickly if left in the opened package
Review: Dog owners were largely happy with these dog ear wipes. Owners of wrinkly dogs like Shar Peis and pugs said these wipes were great for getting into the wrinkles and the ears to prevent skin diseases. Other pet owners were happy to see their pets did not have a problem with their owners using these wipes on their faces.
Critical reviews pointed out these wipes had caused breakouts on their dog’s skin or said the wipes were completely dry when they received them.
Summary: Nutri-Vet uses a gentle formula in these ear wipes that clean a pup’s ears while also providing a soothing, non-irritating experience. It is medicated and helps to prevent wax buildup, ear odors, and ear infections by removing stuck-on wax that traps dirt and bacteria.
The dog ear wipes feature isopropyl alcohol as an antiseptic and glycerin as a softening agent for earwax. Made in the USA by veterinarians, the premium ingredients in this formula carry the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC) quality seal.
- Can be used daily
- Made in the USA with an NASC seal
- Provide antiseptic relief
- Glycerin helps soften earwax
- Medicated to prevent infection
- Contain artificial ingredients for smell
Review: A word often used by customers reviewing these wipes is “excellent.” They said their dog’s floppy ears have never been healthier, and many positive reviews mentioned how happy they were that this “great product” was a “great deal.”
Negative reviews only accounted for 4% of total reviews, but these pet owners said it irritated their dog’s ears, and they do not recommend these dog ear wipes to other dog owners.
Summary: These wipes were veterinarian formulated to clean, deodorize, and dry pet’s ears. The formula uses glycerin and glycol, which are safe for regular use to help prevent infections, reduce wax buildup, and remove dirt and debris.
These doggie ear wipes help reduce ear odor and itching without using powerful or potentially harmful medicines or medication. They are made in the USA to ensure the highest level of safety and quality control.
- Made to keep a pet’s ears dry
- Glycerin and glycol for ear wax cleanup
- Safe and easy to use daily
- Reduces unpleasant ear odors
- Made in the USA
- Often out of stock on online retailers
Review: Many pet owners were happy with the effect these wipes provided their pets. They called the wipes “amazing” and said, “they are great.” Their pet’s ears are cleaner and healthier than ever, and they said the wipes have made dog grooming easier after using them regularly to keep their dog’s ears clean.
Other customers said they noticed red bumps on their dog’s ears after one use, and several others complained the dog ear wipes were too wet.
What Should I Look for in a Dog Ear Wipes?
When shopping for dog ear wipes, you should consider the following factors:
- Active Ingredients. Things like witch hazel and isopropyl alcohol are used in many ear wipes to provide an antibacterial agent that helps to prevent ear infections. Ketoconazole is used to kill fungi that cause yeast infections in a dog’s ears.
- Wax Removal. These ingredients include glycerin and glycol, which help by softening the earwax so the user can wipe it away from the ear.
- Anti-Inflammatory Agents. Hydrocortisone is the most common anti-inflammatory ingredient in ear wipes. Anti-inflammatory agents are helpful because they help to relieve pain, irritation, and swelling in an infected ear.
- Number of Wipes in a Package. For homes with more than one animal, it may be necessary to seek out larger packages or wipes of larger sizes. While most products come in boxes of 50-100, there are some companies that sell them in packages of 300+.
How Often Should I Use Ear Wipes for Dogs?
It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s directions of use for each product and consult with your veterinarian to clear up any confusion.