Related Articles: Anti-Yeast Dog Food, Best Cheap Dog Food, High-Fiber Dog Food, Organic Dog Food, Vegan Dog Food, Hydrolyzed-Protein Dog Food, Best Dog Food Containers, Dog Food, Grain-Free Dog Food, Raw Dog Food, Dry Dog Food, Wet Dog Food, Dog Food for Allergies, Dog Food for Puppies, Freeze-Dried Dog Food, Senior Dog Food, Dog Food for Sensitive Stomach, High Protein Dog Food, Limited Ingredient Dog Food, Dog Food for Pit Bull, Small Dog Foods, Dehydrated Dog Food, Dog Food for German Shepherds, Diabetic Dog Food, Large Breed Dog Food, Dog Food for Picky Eaters, Dog Food With Probiotics
Best Dog Food Subscription Boxes Summary
- Best Overall Dog Food Subscription: Open Farm Dog Food
This nutritious blend of dog food is made with ingredients that are humanely & sustainably sourced.
- Best Raw Dog Food Subscription: We Feed Raw Dog Food
The recipes at We Feed Raw are formulated by a Ph.D. animal nutritionist.
- Most Nutritious Dog Food Subscription: The Honest Kitchen Dog Food
This extremely safe human-grade dog food is made using real, whole foods and will be an instant hit with your pet.
- Most Diverse Dog Food Subscription: JustFoodForDogs
This brand of dog food offers a variety of 15 unique recipes that boost your dog’s immune system and improve their health.
- Best Adult Dog Food Subscription: Raised Right Original Beef Adult Dog Recipe
A specially formulated high-protein formula that is perfect for dogs of all breeds and life stages.
- Best Human-Grade Dog Food Subscription: Ollie Dog Food
This is our top pick among dog foods as it provides nutrition that is customized according to your dog’s needs.
- Most Healthy Dog Food Subscription: Farmer’s Dog Food
This dog food provides balanced and freshly cooked pet food made using simple recipes that are guided by science.
- Best Personalized Dog Food Subscription: PetPlate Dog Food
This dog food is made in human-grade kitchens and made using vet-designed recipes using premium ingredients.
- Best High-Protein Dog Food Subscription: A Pup Above Dog Food
This food has 72% protein and is made with human-grade ingredients, thus being perfect for dogs with special dietary needs.
- Most Natural Dog Food Subscription: Spot and Tango Dog Food
This dog food is cooked fresh and offers ready-to-serve meals that contain no preservatives or additives.
- Best Vet-Formulated Dog Food Subscription: Wild Earth Dog Food
This dog food is made by vets using delicious and rich ingredients that qualify as superfoods.
- Most Convenient Dog Food Subscription: Pallaby Dog Food
This dog food is available in weekly portions and contains real chicken and salmon as its first ingredients.
What are the Benefits of Dog Food Subscriptions?
From discounts and better prices to consistency and convenience – there are benefits to opting for a good dog food subscription plan. Let’s review the benefits of dog food subscriptions:
- Discounts. The biggest reason why anyone would get a dog food subscription is for the discounts that are usually offered. This can really help save you a lot of money.
- Affordability. Since dog food and kibble are something you will need throughout your dog’s life, dog food subscription packages make things more affordable.
- Consistency. Thanks to dog food subscription packages, you need not worry about going out to shop for food. You can expect them delivered to you consistently.
- Time-Saving. You do not have to go down to the grocery store to buy your dog food, as most dog food subscription options offer door-to-door service.
- Better Bond. Since you have more time left as you no longer shop for food, you can expect an improved bond with your pet.
The Best Dog Food Subscription Boxes Reviewed
Ordering a bag of dog food on Amazon or Chewy is simple. However, dog food subscription deals offer more benefits. That is why we have reviewed the best subscription plans for your dog’s needs.
Summary: This dog food is made using high-quality, human-grade ingredients that are locally and sustainably sourced. The brand offers wet dog food, freeze-dried raw dog food, and also slow-cooked fresh dog food.
First-time customers can also get 20% off their first auto-ship order using the code VET20!
What’s in the Box: Dried/Fresh food
Price: Around $3 an ounce
- Get 20% off your first auto-ship order using the code VET20
- Recipes are made with AAFCO standards
- Premium quality, human-grade formulas
- Ethically and sustainably sourced ingredients
- Offers a variety of food options
- Perfect for both small and large dogs
- Not the most budget-friendly option
- Could be difficult to store
Ingredients: Beef, chicken, turkey, fish, lamb, pork, venison, blueberries, cranberries, spinach, pumpkin, kale, apples, potatoes, peas, and lentils
Review: This brand offers a wide selection of food options for your dog. You can be sure to find exactly what your pet requires.
Click here to read our full review on Open Farm Dog Food.
Summary: The recipes at We Feed Raw are formulated by a Ph.D. animal nutritionist. Each patty is formulated to provide dogs with nutritious diets they need to stay healthy and active that mimic what they would eat in the wild. Raw food diets for dogs have been linked to a number of benefits including improved joint health, a strengthened immune system, and healthier skin and coats. Save an additional 25% off your first order with code VETS25.
What’s in the Box: A variety of raw dog food in various muscle meat options
Get an additional 25% off your first order with code VETS25!
- Big Box: $264
- Classic Box: $199
- Small Box: $132
- Additional 25% off your first order with code VETS25
- Naturally hydrating and packed full of nutrients
- Great source of healthy proteins and fats
- 6 types of dog-friendly muscle meats
- Excellent source of energy
- No sugar or carbohydrates
- Higher price tag
Ingredients: Choose from 6 different protein sources when picking a We Feed Raw recipe. Options include venison, lamb, duck, turkey, beef, and chicken. Each meal is made of approximately 80% muscle meat, 10% organ meat, 10% finely ground bone + added vitamins and minerals.
Review: Dog owners say that “since switching to We Feed Raw their health, mental, physical, and emotional states is nothing short of miraculous.” They love the quality of the meat and ingredients in each patty.
Summary: This pet food is sold in a dehydrated form. This implies that the water from the fresh ingredients has been removed, making it compact and dense with nutrients. It is sold without water weight and expands when you add water to it.
What’s in the Box: Dehydrated food
Price: Starting from around $1.50 per day
- Made using human-grade ingredients
- Contains real and identifiable food
- Every box increases to four times its weight after hydration
- Contains beneficial nutrients
- Available in a wide range of products
- Not very budget-friendly
- Could lead to an allergic reaction in some dogs
Ingredients: Dehydrated chicken, pumpkin, kelp, cabbage, green beans, papayas, flaxseed, sweet potatoes, apples, and honey.
Review: This innovative dog food is available dehydrated. It yields a lot of food once water is added to it. However, the price is on the higher side.
Click here to read our full review on Honest Kitchen Dog Food.
- 30% off on first orders of $30+ using code VETERINARIANS30
- Complete & Balanced nutrition for adult dogs and puppies of all breeds and sizes, including large breed puppies, as well as adult mothers (gestation/lactation).
- Clusters are thoughtfully prepared using human-grade muscle meat & liver, low glycemic carbs, beneficial fats & live probiotics; cold pressed into delicious, bite-size, ready-to-eat pieces.
- Clusters are made by mixing small batches of fresh ingredients.
Summary: Starting right from the first box, you can expect this dog food to offer fresh food for your beloved pooch. Add a little water if you wish to make it wet food or just serve dry. The recipe has been crafted by prominent veterinary nutritionists and follows AAFCO standards.
What’s in the Box: Daily recipes/Vet support recipes
Price: Plans start at $4 to $7 per day
- Boosts immune system health
- Can also be used as cat food
- Can be paired with a food topper
- Offers consultation and auto-ship feature
- Handmade food in open kitchens
- Food needs to be consumed immediately
- Could lead to an allergic reaction in some dogs
Ingredients: Turkey, fish, lamb, venison, squash, brown rice.
Review: All food is delivered frozen fresh and also comes with a DIY option for a healthy mealtime. You can be sure that your pet will love the taste of this product.
Click here to read our full review on JustFoodForDogs.
Summary: Raised Right Original Beef Adult Dog Recipe is a specially formulated high-protein formula that is perfect for dogs of all breeds and life stages. With savory human-grade beef as its main ingredient, even your picky-eating pooch will surely adore this wet dog food. Every recipe from Raised Right has passed the same standards necessary for human consumption and all of their food is lightly cooked in a human-grade facility. Moreover, their low-temp cooking meets the USDA pathogen kill step while maintaining high levels of moisture and nutritional integrity.
Type: Wet dog food
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Original Beef, Original Turkey, Original Pork, Original Chicken, Turkey & Pumpkin Paté, Beef & Pumpkin Paté, Pork & Pumpkin Paté, Chicken & Pumpkin Paté
Price: $10.99 per bag
- Favorable for dogs of all breeds and ages
- Human-grade and grain-free
- Made with 100% whole foods and real meat
- Free from synthetic vitamins and minerals
- High-protein and rich in complex B vitamins
- Needs to be thawed before serving
Ingredient Analysis: Beef, Beef Heart, Carrots, Beef Liver, Cranberries, Organic Spearmint, Flaxseed Oil, Egg Shell Powder, Cod Liver Oil, Organic Dried Kelp
Review: Many pet owners are quite happy with Raised Right’s Original Beef dog food recipe. They stated that this has solved their problems with their picky-eating dogs after trying multiple brands in the market. To quote one happy customer, “My Miniature Poodle puppy LOVES the beef and turkey puppy formulated Raised Right food!! I love it because it is a nutritiously complete food that is also very convenient.”
Summary: This healthy, high-quality, and all-natural and organic dog food is made perfectly for your pet, even if they are a picky eater. Without the use of any fillers, this provides your dog with all the nutrients they need for shinier coats, more activity levels, and improved digestion.
What’s in the Box: Fresh food with a customized meal plan
Price: Less than $4/day for small dogs. Also, it can go up to $8/day depending on the size of your dog and the portion size.
- Fresh meals out of the box
- Made with Human-grade meat
- Contains high protein
- Can be paired with supplements
- Made with quality ingredients
- There might be storage issues, especially on hot days
- Your dog might face an allergic reaction
- Meat options include beef, chicken, lamb, and turkey
- Other ingredients include sweet potatoes, peas, and rosemary
Review: This is the best replacement for raw dog food as, technically, this is made using fresh ingredients. It is made in small batches and is the perfect real food for your pooch.
Click here to read our full review on Ollie Dog Food.
Summary: Based on research done by top vet nutritionists, The Farmer’s Dog pet food service has been built on the foundations of quality ingredients. They offer subscription services and create meals that are safe for even humans to eat.
What’s in the Box: Fresh food with a customized meal plan
Price: Plans start at $2/day and include free shipping
- Packages built based on the dog’s health and dog’s age
- Offers free dog food delivery services
- Made using fresh dog food using human-grade ingredients
- Subscription services give more free time to pet parents
- Includes meat and veggies for a balanced diet
- Might lead to an allergic reaction in some cases
- Your dog might not like the taste of this food
- Turkey: Fresh ground turkey, broccoli, spinach, parsnips, carrots, and beans
- Beef: Fresh beef, beef liver, legumes, yams, carrots, kale, and sunflower seeds
- Pork: Pork liver, cauliflower, potato, yams, green beans, and fish oil
- Chicken: Chicken liver, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and broccoli
Review: In contrast to generic dry food, this fresh dog food has been crafted in USDA kitchens in small batches. Just after your first order, you can be sure that your dog will fall in love with a fresh food diet.
Click here to read our full review on Farmer’s Dog Food.
Summary: Thanks to vet-designed recipes that are made using real ingredients, this dog food is manufactured in a human-grade kitchen. You can expect personalized batches or opt for small portions initially to see what your pooch likes.
What’s in the Box: Vet support recipes made fresh to order
Price: Plans start at $2.50/day for the full meal plan
- Human-grade, fresh ingredients
- BPA free packaging
- Money-back guarantee
- Free shipping and auto-shipping feature
- Cannot alter the delivery frequency
- Takes up lots of room in the freezer
Ingredients: Available in 6 profiles – beef, turkey, chicken, lamb, pork, and venison along with veggies (carrots, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, pumpkin, etc.).
Review: Made using the freshest ingredients, including meat (turkey, beef, chicken, or lamb) cooked with fresh veggies. This pet food offers the best to your beloved dogs.
Click here to read our full review on PetPlate Dog Food.
- Our high protein, grain-free beef recipe beats the competition by leaps and bounds. Perfectly crafted by our chefs to be nutritious and delicious, you’ll see why even the pickiest pups can’t stop barkin’ about how much they love this meal.
- Our meals are made with 100% human-grade ingredients and are kettle-cooked in a USDA kitchen, following the same safety standards used to make human food.
Summary: A Pup Above dog food claims to deliver 72% more protein than other pet foods. It is cooked sous-vide so you can expect a fresh meal every time. The meat used is made with 100% human-grade food.
What’s in the Box: Frozen fresh sous-vide dog food
Price: Around $3.37 a day
- Gently cooked food for freshness
- Human grade ingredients used
- Vacuum sealed packaging
- Affordable packages
- Free from antibiotics or growth hormones
- Might be difficult to store
- Could lead to an allergic reaction in some dogs
- Chicka Chicka Bow Wow: Chicken, chicken liver, sweet potatoes, spinach, apples, rice, kale, turmeric, parsley, thyme, and A Pup Above’s nutrient mix.
- Porky’s Luau: Pork, pork liver, sweet potatoes, green beans, pineapple, turmeric, thyme, parsley, and A Pup Above’s nutrient mix.
- Texas Beef Stew: Beef, beef liver, tomatoes, carrots, green peas, potatoes, safflower oil, turmeric, thyme, parsley, and A Pup Above’s nutrient mix.
- Turkey Pawella: Turkey, turkey liver, tomatoes, carrots, green peas, rice, turmeric, thyme, parsley, and A Pup Above’s nutrient mix.
Review: This dog food is considered a premium in comparison to other brands. It does not contain gluten and can even be available in a grain-free option.
Click here to read our full review on A Pup Above Dog Food.
Summary: Sport & Tango offers complete food options for your dog that are balanced. These options are crafted by veterinary nutritionists and meet the required levels that are established by AAFCO. You can get your hands on nutrient profiles for all age groups.
What’s in the Box: Unkibble dry food/Fresh Food
Price: Plans start as low as $7 a week for dry food and $15 a week for fresh food.
- 100% real and whole ingredients
- Personalized batches for your dog
- Formulated by veterinary nutritionists
- Great for puppies and adults
- Available in dry and fresh form
- Requires a lot of storage space
- Could lead to an allergic reaction in some dogs
Review: This innovative dog food is working to revolutionize the dog food industry. It is available both as dry and fresh food and can be customized according to your needs.
Click here to read our full review on Spot & Tango Dog Food.
Summary: Wild Earth offers plant-based dog food that is nutritious, high in protein, and made using ingredients that are clean and traceable. Additionally, it does not contain any fillers that could lead to harm in your pup.
What’s in the Box: Dried/Fresh food depending on the order
- Kibble (18-lb bag): $70.00
- Supplements (60 chews): $30.00
- Treats (5-oz bag): $10.00
- Product is created by scientists and veterinarians
- Natural and cruelty-free ingredients used
- Additional supplements can be added for improved health
- No fillers are used to make the food
- Offers a Free Trial
- Shipping option only for USA and India
- The product is vegan and thus controversial
Ingredients: Dried yeast, chickpeas, oats, peas, pea protein, potato protein, sweet potatoes, flaxseed meal, blueberries, cranberries, pumpkin, spinach, taurine, and canola and sunflower oils.
Review: This vegan food offers a natural ‘umami’ scent to replicate the effects of meat. It may be a hit or miss with your dog.
Click here to read our full review on Wild Earth Dog Food.
- This formula is perfect for pups with sensitive stomachs and allergies. It provides optimal digestive support, healthy fats for skin and coat, and includes DHA, Taurine, and L-Carnitine to support brain development and heart health!
- Backed by science, this healthy dog food formula provides a complete diet for any adult dog.
- This kibble has no fillers - just real ingredients like chickpeas, oats, spinach, pumpkin, sweet potato and more for a junk-free, holistic and nutritious canine diet.
Summary: This dry dog food is made with chicken and salmon as their base ingredient. They offer a balanced diet that improves your dog’s wellness. It also contains antioxidants that boost your dog’s immune system. The fiber in the food improves digestive health.
What’s in the Box: Dry dog food
Price: subscription meal plans start at $69.99
- High-quality, natural dry food
- Made using real animal protein, whole grains, and veggies
- Pre-portioned daily meals
- Environmentally friendly packaging
- Improves long-term wellness
- No grain-free options
- Only one recipe is currently available
Ingredients: Chicken and brown rice
Review: This dry dog food is among the top-selling products in the market. However, they currently offer only one flavor. So it might not work out with your pet.
Click here to read our full review on Pallaby Dog Food.
- Our super-premium dry dog food is made with real whole food ingredients and delivered straight to your door in our custom, 100% compostable packaging.
- Real Chicken is the #1 ingredient and is a protein source that supports muscle development and energy. Brown rice is a natural whole grain that provides pets essential B vitamins and minerals, high-quality complex carbohydrates for energy and fiber.
- We include a blend of bioavailable minerals as well as essential fatty acids. Omega-6 and Omega-3 to support healthy skin and shiny coat.
What Dog Food Subscription is Best?
Ollie Dog Food is our top pick as the best dog food subscription plan – it checks all boxes and factors that need to be considered before looking for deliverable and high-quality dog food.
Here are the things pet parents should consider when buying a dog food subscription plan:
- Dog’s Age. Depending on your dog’s age, the nutritional requirements of your dog might change. Therefore, you need to consult your vet before you decide to buy food for your pet. For instance, dry food might be difficult to ingest for young puppies or senior dogs.
- Dog’s Size. Based on your dog’s size, the quantity of the food will be decided. A larger dog will require more food. You need to portion out the food according to the size of your dog.
- Dog’s Activity Level. If your dog engages in intense activity levels, then you need to increase the diet. Some activities require more calories and, therefore, might see the need for additional supplements.
- Ingredient Quality. Obviously, it is of paramount importance to check the quality of the ingredients used in the dog food. Also, you should pay attention to the food type (taste and texture) and factors like shelf-life and storage.
- Affordability. Finally, the dog food plan must be affordable as it is a long-term deal. Most brands offer budget-friendly packages. However, the costs add up quickly, and you must think things through before signing up.
Are Dog Food Subscriptions Worth it?
Yes, dog food subscription plans are worthy! If you have the time, then you can engage yourself with thorough research to determine the exact diet that would work for your puppy or adult dog.
However, if you are strict on time and still want the best for your dog, you should consider getting a dog food subscription package as it will simplify your life.