Table of Contents
Best Dog Pool Toys Summary
- ChuckIt! Amphibious Bumper Floating Fetch Toy: An adorable chew toy that has been designed keeping in mind where and how a dog is going to play with it. Made of lightweight memory foam, it is an excellent toy for fetching in the pool.
- Hyper Pet Chewz Dog Toys for Large Dogs: Made of lightweight EVA Foam, this toy banks on dogs’ affection for sticks that they can play fetch with. This toy has a simple shape but is a pool-time favorite.
- Outward Hound Floatiez Dog Toy: Most adorable pool toys shaped like sea creatures — fish, turtles, and starfish. These are made of quick-drying tennis ball fabric and noodle foam in the middle to ensure that it floats.
- Ruff Dawg Flying Fish Dog Toy: A classic toy – a simple red rubber fish. Dogs love to play fetch with this in the pool.
- West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy: A durable toy for an aggressive chewer. You can trust your dog with the West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Durable Dog Bone Chew Toy. Nothing’s going to happen to it. Easy to clean in the dishwasher.
- West Paw Zogoflex Zisc Dog Frisbee: This toy is made for gentle chewers who prefer to spend energy playing frisbee, not on mom’s shoes. An excellent choice for agile dogs and owners. It floats and flies! What more could you want?
- SportDOG Brand Plastic Dummies: A great training tool if you’re trying to improve your dog’s ability to spot things from a distance. It’s not meant to be used as a chew toy.
Why Buy Pool Toys for Your Dog?
Dog pool toys are a must if you have a dog and a swimming pool or lake nearby. Dog pools toys come in an array of designs and types, from launchers and kongs to squeakers and flying discs to kurgos and life jackets. Here are some of the reasons why your pet needs dog pool toys for extra aqua fun:
- Dogs Love Them. If there’s anything Fido loves more than regular toys, it’s dog pool toys. There is no telling how much playtime in the sun it will have with a few extra floaties and sea creatures swimming around the pool with you.
- Double Role as Regular Toys. Dog pool toys don’t just have to be played within the pool. You can bring them out for hikes and other outdoor activities, and they can be just as fun!
- Regular Toys Don’t Cut it in the Pool. Regular toys might not be as fun in the water. Many of them sink and aren’t made for enjoyment in a pool. The material used to make dog pool toys work great in the water and are even more fun to play with.
- Keep Them Entertained. When the sun’s out, you also want to have fun. Dog pool toys keep the canines occupied while you drink in the sun rays and have a great time by the pool.
The Best Dog Pool Toys Reviewed
How cool your swimmer dog would look with a walrus or shark fin on its back? Or, perhaps sunbathing on a dog pool float? Maybe even chasing a flying squirrel or sprinkler blasts?
Well, with so many dog pool toys, it can be hard to choose the right one for your dog. Here are some of our favorite dog pool toys you can find on Amazon and Chewy.
Summary: These dog pool toys are made of lightweight memory foam that floats on water. They are excellent for fetching in the pool, the beach, or a nearby pond. It is knotted for extra grip, and although it is soft, it is durable. Made of nylon rubber EVA foam, it can endure whatever your dog’s teeth can throw at it. It is also super easy to clean.
- Easy to clean dog water toys
- Safe material, safe for jaws
- Knot for grip
- Floats on water
- Might not hold up great for tug of war between two dogs
Reviews: The reviews are a mixed bag for this floating dog toy. On the one hand, dog owners aren’t too psyched about it because many report that it doesn’t last as long as they would like it to, and it starts to come apart after some aggressive playing. But the good news is that doggies seem to love it a lot! Even the pickier ones who don’t go gaga over toys love to run with the ChuckIt Bumper Floating Fetch Toy in their mouth.
Summary: The Hyper Pet Chewz Dog Toys For Large Dogs is a well-liked toy for big and small dogs. While it may look like a simple stick-shaped chew toy, it is so much more. The material used to make it is called EVA foam and is very durable. It is lighter than other materials, so it does so well on water. It is also great for young pups or oldies with dental issues as the material is soft and lightweight, so it is easy on the gums. It also holds its shape after its been roughed up quite a bit.
- Floats on water
- Soft material, gentle on pups, senior dogs
- Heavy enough to make a splash, light enough to float
- Can be used as a dog beach toy
- Won’t last long if used by big, strong dogs
Reviews: Smaller dogs, pups, and senior dogs repeatedly go to this toy as their go-to. It is great on the water and holds up its shape. Larger dogs, however, seem to tear it to bits easily.
Summary: This adorable line of Floatiez sea creatures perfectly suits the theme of a fun time at the pool. They are bright-colored and float upright so that your dog can find them easily from the surface of the water. Best suited for fetch training. These aren’t meant to be used at chew toys, though. They are just for fetch.
- Bright and colorful
- Floats upright
- A squeaky inside
- Quick-drying material
- If your dogs think that these are chewy toys, these won’t survive very long at all
- Weak seams
Reviews: Most dogs loved these toys not just in the pool but even during bathtime. People who used it just for the game of fetch loved these but dogs aren’t the best and figuring out what should be chewed to bits and what shouldn’t.
Summary: The RuffDawg FlyingFISH Dog Toy is a simple but effective dog toy made of natural rubber and great for dogs who love to play in the water. The design of the fish makes it super grabbable, and Rover looks adorable with it between his teeth. It is tear- and puncture-resistant and gentle on teeth and gums.
- Ergonomic shape
- Large size dogs love it
- Soft on dogs teeth
- Very sturdy
- Only comes in 2 colors
- The hole in the head of the toy makes it easy for the dog to destroy
Reviews: Even though larger dogs tend to ruin them after playing rough for a few days, dogs absolutely adore this toy, and owners keep coming back for more. It gets slightly slimy when left in the water for too long, but dogs seem to like it, even more, that way.
This is the best toy you can buy for a dog that loves to chew toys to no end. It is a durable, floatable, and bouncy material that can be played within the water and on land. This is a much safer alternative to wooden sticks on a hike. Its bright color makes it easy to spot even from a distance. It is so durable that the manufacturer gives it a 100% guarantee against damage.
- Extremely durable
- Bouncy but sturdy
- Dogs love the shape
- Great for water and land both
- Comes in small sizes for smaller dogs
- Easy to chew off
Pet owners love this product, and dogs love it even more. People have raved about this toy to no end. This has stood up to even the most aggressive chewers. Owners of dogs that can ‘chew through cement’ recommend this highly.
Summary: This frisbee toy is great for frolicking in the water. Nothing like a good game of frisbee to get you going! The West Paw Zogoflex Zisk Dog Frisbee is available in sizes 6.5-inch to 8.5-inch. The material used is much softer than a regular frisbee, so it is gentle on your dog’s mouth. Made of non-toxic, BPA, and Phthalate-free plastic, you get a 100% guarantee against dog damage.
- Soft and pliable, Gentle on your dog’s teeth and gums
- Can double as water/food bowl
- Works as a fun frisbee
- Might not last long with aggressive chewers
Review: Highly loved by active dogs. Even with a bit of damage works wonderfully as a frisbee. Many customers gushed over how long it had lasted.
Summary: The SportDOG Brand Plastic Dummies is the toy for your pooch if you’re looking to train your sporting dog, whether they are a pup or an adult. It is made of soft vinyl that is tough. It floats and is excellent at pool parties. The vibrant color makes it easy to spot. It has knobs along its length and a valve that lets you change the firmness or weight of the toy. It is made of safe, BPA-free material and comes in two sizes- the regular 2 “W X 12 “L and the jumbo 3 “W X 12 “L.
- Good for training
- Adjustable weight, firmness
- Suitable for high-energy dogs
- Not ideal for dogs that are big on chewing
- Doesn’t come with a rope attached
- Breaks down into shards
Review: This is a fan favorite in terms of outdoor sporting events. Trainers have a great time training young dogs with this. The bumps along the side also aid the training process greatly.
Types of Dog Pool Toys
When it comes to dog pool toys, the modern market is saturated. Here are the major types of dog pool toys available:
- Floating Fetch Toys. These dog pool toys float in water and are a great pick to play with your dog in the water. They are bright in colors and designed ergonomically. However, these are not typical dog chewy toys and should be handled accordingly.
- Doggie Frisbees. Play frisbee with your dog in a pool, and you will explore an altogether different side of your doggie. Available in bright colors, dogs love playing frisbee both in the water and on land. Dog pool toys like frisbees come in different sizes – choose the right one.
- Doggie Squeakers. If your dog loves auditory feedback while playing, squeaky dog pool toys will keep your pooch entertained for long. The only obvious disadvantage associated with these toys is the sound that they make.
- Chew Toys. Chewable dog pool toys help your dog have fun in the water while enjoying the stimulation of chewing. Chew toys are soothing, especially for small puppies. It must be well noted that chewing is natural to dogs.
How to Choose the Best Dog Pool Toys?
As pet parents, it can be super confusing trying to decide on what kind of toy to get your dog for its playtime, especially if they’re picky about these things.
Here are some things you want to keep in mind when you’re looking for new dog pool toys:
- Durability. You want an excellent strong tug toy for your dog. Poor-quality dog pool toys are a waste of money. Durability might not be at the top of your priority list if your dog isn’t a chewer, but you want to keep this in mind if they are.
- Safety. Always take a look at what materials are used to make the dog pool toys. It will spend a lot of time in your dog’s mouth, and you don’t want anything toxic or harmful going in there. You also want to make sure that they are not choking hazards if the dog toy has different components.
- Buoyancy. If you’re playing in the water, make sure that the dog pool toys float. You don’t want your furry friend whimpering for a toy that has sunk to the bottom of the pool and fish it out for it every time.
- Fun Colours. A colorful interactive toy always livens up the place. Check out the fabulous colors that a toy comes in before zeroing in on any of them.
- Dog Breed. Last but not least, consider your dog’s breed. For example, if you have an active dog like Labrador Retriever, it is best to get an interactive and chew-proof dog toy. On the other hand, if you have a laid-back dog like a Poodle, you should get a fashionable dog raft.