Table of Contents
Best Dog Ramp for Cars Summary
- Best Overall Best Dog Ramp for Car: PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp
Portable and lightweight dog ramp for car high-traction surface and side rails for safety.
- Best Bi-Fold Dog Ramp for Car: Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramp
Non-slip dog ramp for car with a built-in handle for straightforward portability.
- Best Tri-Fold Dog Ramp for Cars: Pet Gear Tri-Fold Portable Pet Ramp
Extra-wide and durable dog ramp for car and a safety tether to ensure foldability.
- Multipurpose Dog Ramp for Cars: Niubya Dog Steps for Large Dog
Sophisticated and lightweight aluminum design in a foldable ladder dog ramp for car.
- Best Extendable Dog Ramp for Car: PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
Non-slip and super-safe telescoping dog ramp for car that is useful and easy to store.
- Most Affordable Dog Ramp for Car: TRIXIE Portable Folding Dog Ramp
Plastic dog ramp for car with anti-slip coating and safety rails for a budget-friendly price.
What are the Benefits of Dog Ramps for Cars?
A dog ramp for car is beneficial for both dogs and pet owners. In simple words, they make getting inside and outside the car much easier. Here is a detailed look at the benefits:
- Joint support. Dog ramp for cars is best for dogs with mobility issues like arthritis. Such ramps allow dogs to stay independent when getting on cars and high beds.
- Easy Portability. Another benefit of dog ramps is they are foldable, extendable, and easily portable. They are collapsible, lightweight, easy to store.
- Suitable for all dogs. Car ramps are not just for small dogs. Most dog ramps can handle up to 200 pounds of weight, making them suitable even for large dog breeds.
The Best Dog Ramp for Cars Reviewed
Looking for a dog ramp for car? Dog ramps help dogs walk over and enter the back of cars easily. These are best if you want your pet to be self-dependent.
Here are some best dog ramps for cars reviewed.
Summary: PetSafe is a recognized brand that makes pet accessories and stuff. This pet ramp by PetSafe is made of plastic and has rubber feet to keep it stable. The ramp is foldable and lockable, making it easy to carry and store.
It is convenient for all sorts of cars, minivans, and SUVs. It can also support pets of weight up to 150 pounds. Also, it’s independently tested for safety and durability. The ramp weighs 10 pounds and has a high traction surface that avoids slipping. The high traction treads can be replaced (sold separately).
Maximum Weight Capacity: 150 pounds
Size: one size – 62inchx 16inch x 4inch
- Sturdy, lightweight, and portable
- Side rails for pet’s safety
- Nearly 30-year-old brand
- For larger dogs and older dogs as well
- Equipped with rubber grips
- Not very stable
Review: The product has 95% five-star reviews from a total of 10,000 reviews. Pet owners love it for its easy traction, lightweight, and its multiple uses. However, users find the traction a bit too hard.
Summary: This pet ramp by Pet Gear is another excellent pet ramp on this list. The ramp is backed up by a better traction material that protects the pet’s paws and makes the ramp look attractive. The traction mat, i.e., SupertraX, is removable and washable. In terms of looks, it is solid and is available in a few colors.
It is a bit smaller in length as compared to the above-reviewed ramp. The dimensions of the ramp are 42-inch x 16inch. However, it can handle weight up to 200 pounds. It does not have support on the sides, but the easy grip on the mat makes it safe. It also has a rubberized bottom grip and is foldable.
Maximum Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
Size: 42inch x 66inch x 71inch
- Available in 3 length sizes
- Pressure activating gripping
- 10lb weight of the unit
- Bi-fold no side support pet ramp
- Easy for traveling and storage
- Not suitable with high raise backs
Review: The product has 54% five-star reviews, and users find it suitable for small cars with a low rear. The ramp folds easily and is well constructed. It’s nice, light and small. The only downside is that it’s not suitable for high-raised cars due to its length.
Summary: If you want to buy a ramp that folds three times and is much larger in length than the previous one, this tri-fold pet ramp again by Pet Gear will suit your needs better. It’s an improvised version of Pet Gear’s bi folder amp (reviewed above).
It is 71inch in length and is made of rubber making it more durable and safer. It is also a reflective extra wide ramp, i.e., it has high visibility and guides the pet up and down the ramp.
Maximum Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
- Tri-fold for easy portability
- Built-in handle for portability
- Slip-resistant surface
- Side safety reflectors
- Available in 2 models
- Bit bulky
Review: The product has gathered 59% 5-star reviews on Amazon. The users loved it as it is extra wide, durable, sturdy, and has good length. It’s also best for all car types. Few users find it too heavy.
Summary: This pet ramp by Niubya is in the form of pet steps. This one is not a ramp but a pet ladder that can be placed at your car’s entry to allow pets to enter the car. It’s made of aluminum and has five steps.
Not to worry about portability, as these dog stairs can be folded, stored, or carried away. Another benefit is the height and angle of the ladder can be easily adjusted. The dimensions are 36.6inch in length x 26inches when opened.
Maximum Weight Capacity: 150 pounds
Size: Two sizes, five steps, and six steps
- Item weight is 11 pounds
- Has non-slip surface
- For high beds, trucks, cars, SUV
- Adjustable pet ramp with adjustable height and angle
- Multipurpose as pet stairs
- Gaps in between
Review: The product has excellent reviews with over 70% 5-star reviews. There are no serious negative reviews. Users love it for its sturdiness, convenience, and easy storage. Also, since it is adjustable, it is feasible for all car types.
Summary: This is yet another pet ramp by PetSafe. Instead of plastic, this one is made from aluminum. Also, it’s an extendable pet ramp and not foldable. It extends buy testosterone cypionate buy from testosterone to a length of 17.5inches and surprisingly can handle weight up to 400lbs.
However, it is lightweight and weighs only 13 pounds. It has a high traction surface to prevent slipping. It is easy to store and suitable for all cars.
Maximum Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
Size: one size – 72inch x 17inch
- Raised rails for pet security
- Non-slip, sandpaper-like surface
- Side handles for carrying
- Rubber feet for better traction
- Slide-in for easy storage
- Carrying case available
- Ramp surface not welcoming
Review: The product has 63% five-star reviews. Some users find it perfect with no complaints whatsoever. A few were just as disappointed with its poor-quality construction and surface traction.
Summary: This portable dog ramp by Trixie is a lot similar to Pet Safe foldable pet ramp. It saves you a few extra dollars as well. It is made of plastic and has an anti-slip coating. Further, it is easy to clean and store. The dog ramp is the right fit for pets with arthritis and mobility problems.
It’s suitable for dogs of all age groups. The dog ramp weighs 10lbs and should be able to carry 150lbs.
Maximum Weight Capacity: not mentioned
Size: one size – 61inch x 15in x 3.14 inch
- Comes with one year warranty
- Ideal for pets with arthritis
- Collapsible and bi-fold
- Easy to clean and store
- Too steep
Review: The product has 58% five-star reviews, and many users are quite happy. It does the job well. It still could be a little unstable for large dogs.
What is the Best Dog Car Ramp?
PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp is our best pick for the best dog car ramps. If you would like to do your own research before buying a dog car ramp, here is a buying guide to help you out.
Here is what you should look for in a best dog car ramp:
- Height of the car rear. First of all, you should know the height of your car rear where the dog car ramp is placed. Knowing the height helps you find the right length of the car ramp and ensures that you do not buy a steep car ramp. Most cars like SUVs, minivans, and other big vehicles have high rear ends. You need to pick the right dog car ramps for such cars.
- Length of the pet ramp. The length of the pet ramp is an important consideration to provide the proper traction for the dog. The dog ramp should not be too steep to walk on. Consider buying an adjustable, extendable pet ramp for increased height.
- Weight of your dog. Also, know the weight of your furry friend before buying a dog ramp. Most dog ramps can handle weight up to 200 pounds. Consider such figures when finding a pet ramp.
- Material of the ramp. The material of the dog ramp determines the stability and durability of the ramp. Look for ramps constructed from good quality plastic or aluminum and are lightweight.
- Additional features. Pay attention to additional features that will make the use of the dog ramp for car easier. For example, if it has a carry handle, good grippers at the bottom, or if it can be used for the back seat or side door instead of the rear of the car.
- Use the folding ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together.
- High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp.
- Ramp easily folds in half and locks with the safety latch to let you conveniently store it in your vehicle.
What Size Dog Ramp do I Need for My Car?
The right dimensions for a good dog ramp for your car are at least 60 to 70 inches in length and up to 15 to 20 inches in width with side rails. They should be inclined to an angle of up to 25 degrees.