Table of Contents
Best Dog Ramp for Stairs Summary
- Best Overall Dog Ramp for Stairs: Pet Gear Travel Lite Bi-Fold Ramp
The best dog ramp for stairs in terms of quality, safety, portability, durability, ease of use, and deluxe looks.
- Most Durable Dog Ramp for Stairs: Heavy Duty Portable Folding Dog Ramps for Large Dogs
Portable, foldable, and durable heavy-duty dog ramp for stairs with a highly tractive carpet surface.
- Best Bi-Fold Dog Ramp for Stairs: Extra Wide Folding Aluminum Pet Ramp
Reliable, lightweight, and wide dog ramp for stairs suitable for large dogs that next more climbing space.
- Best Dog Ramp for Stairs for Dogs with Arthritis: Kurgo Wander Collapsible Dog Ramp
This dog ramp for stairs with tractable carpet surface and comfy inclination is perfect for pets with mobility issues.
- Budget-friendly dog ramp for stairs: Saicool Portable Pet Travel Pet Ramp
Portable and versatile, plastic step ladder with side rails for extra safety available at a budget-friendly price.
What is a Dog Ramp for Stairs?
The dog ramp for stairs is versatile and multi-purpose. For example, the dog ramp for stairs can be used to help dogs reach high beds, elevated dog beds, cars, stairs, trucks, and other places.
What are the Benefits of Dog Ramps for Stairs?
The main benefit of the dog ramp for stairs is that it allows dogs to reach elevated surfaces without risking injuries and joint pressure. Here is a closer look at the benefits of dog ramps for stairs:
- Easy to climb. Adjustable pet ramps for stairs can help dogs climb up easily. You do not have to carry your senior dogs every time they want to go from one place to another. No matter you have Dachshunds or any other breed dogs, dog ramps will keep them sorted.
- Portable. Dog ramps for stairs are portable and foldable. This makes them easy to use and store when not in use. You can place it over stairs to let your dogs travel from one surface to another. Your dog can also use dog ramps for stairs to enter a car’s back or climb a bed.
- Lightweight and durable. These dog ramps for stairs are lightweight yet durable and can easily handle a dog’s weight. They also come with side rails to prevent dogs from losing balance while treading.
- Self-dependence. Another benefit of dog ramps for stairs is that these pet products help older dogs stay independent. Even with issues, dogs need to walk and go to places independently not to make the situation worse. Dog ramps allow dogs to walk and travel without putting too much pressure on their legs.
The Best Dog Ramp for Stairs Reviewed
Looking for the best dog stairs/ramp combination? Take a look at our top picks for the best dog ramp for stairs before clicking the checkout button.
Summary: The rubber grippers at one end make this bi-fold ramp by Pet Gear perfect for a dog ramp for stairs. It can easily fit over a stair if your dog has mobility issues. Further, the SupertraX tread over the ramp is built to keep the pet paws stable and comfortable.
Moreover, these treads are removable and washable. You can keep these ramps away when not in need as they are bifold. They also come with a built-in handle that adds to its convenience of portability.
Weight Capacity: 200lbs
Size: one size, 42 x 16 x 4inches
- Suitable as dog car ramp as well
- Portable, lightweight and durable
- Equipped with rubber feet to keep It steady
- Weights 10lbs only
- Attached handle for portability
- Not too long
Review: The product has good reviews with over 54% five-star reviews. It is perfect as a dog ramp for stairs for its rubberized bottom and grippers that keep it firm over the stairs. Furthermore, it is stable, holds weight, and is suitable for small dogs and large dogs alike.
Summary: This is another dog ramp that can be used for stairs. This dog ramp by COZIWOW is a heavy-duty plastic dog ramp and is 60 inches long. It can be easily placed over the stairs to allow your large dog to walk over.
It has a non-slip design with side rails for complete protection. The surface is anti-slip sandpaper that provides high traction and sure footing. It is also scratch-proof, lightweight, and durable.
Weight Capacity: 200 lbs
Size: one size, 60 x 16 x 5 inches
- Comes with one year warranty
- Folding pet steps make it easy to store
- Comes with a handle and security lock
- The item weights 9.3lbs
- 28inches recommended setting height
- Dog steps are strong, stable, and sturdy
- For medium and large-sized dogs
- Not too wide
Review: The product has 56% five-star reviews on Amazon. It looks excellent, promising, and works well for most users. Some users do not find it anti-slip-on treads as well as surface. Not for cars, but it sure can work well for stairs.
Summary: If you are looking for an extra-wide pet ramp for your broad stairs, this could be one. This pet ramp by Rage Powersports is made of aluminum but is lightweight.
Though it has no side rails, it is sturdy, anti-slip, long, and safe for stairs. It is even preferable for very large and heavy dogs as it can handle weight up to 250lbs. The ramp surface has paw-friendly high traction mats. The dog ramp is quite broad, making it suitable for stairs. It is also constructed to fit well to the surface from both ends.
Weight Capacity: 250lbs.
Size: one size, 82 x 18.75 x 2inches
- Extra-long with 82inches length
- Extra-wide with 19inches width
- Folds in half for portability
- Comes with a built-in handle
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Weighs about 23lbs
- Sharp edges
- Poorly constructed
Review: The product looked promising in pictures; however, the users are not too happy with it. It has only 19% 5-star reviews and about 42% 3-star reviews. It can work well for stairs; however, the sharp edges are troublesome.
Summary: Yet another plastic dog ramp for stairs. This dog ramp by Kurgo is much similar to COZIWOW’s in design. It is just 2 inches more in length as compared to it.
It’s entirely the same in design with a safety lock when not in use. The surface pads are red and help the pet tread over easily. The Wander Ramp folds in half for easy storage and portability. What’s more, it is lightweight and a bit heavier than COZIWOW’s. The dog ramp for stairs is helpful to dogs with arthritis, joint injuries, and hip dysplasia.
Weight Capacity: 200lbs
Size: one size, 62 x 15.5 x 5inches
- Durable and lightweight design
- Made of plastic
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes
- Compatible with all vehicles
- The ramp weighs 10 lbs.
- Not wide enough
Review: The product has pretty good reviews with 62% five-star reviews. The users loved it for its steadiness, and it did the job well. Some users find it too steep and unsteady.
Summary: This dog ramp for stairs is something out of the box. It is from Saicool and is built differently. Though made from plastic, the walking tread surface is unique. Instead of sandpaper over the surface, it has grooves all over it for pet paws to secure footing while walking up and down. This one design feature makes it unique.
Furthermore, it has side rails to prevent dogs from falling. The ramp is lightweight, durable, and wear-resistant as well. Like other dog ramps, they can be folded in half and kept away when not in use. It can be secured with safety locks when folded in half. The ramp is of standard size with standard length and width.
Weight Capacity: 150lbs
Size: one size, 60.8 x15.7 x 6.1inches
- Fit dogs of all ages and sizes
- Non-slip surface with grooves
- Lightweight and portable
- Sturdy and durable
- The item weighs 10lbs
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- 28inches recommended setting height
- Rough edges
Review: The pet supply has 45% 5-star reviews. The majority of the users are satisfied with the product that can be used for stairs and cars. It is durable, lightweight, and not too overwhelming for large breeds. Some users find the edges too rough and find the surface slippery.
What is the Best Dog Ramp for Stairs?
Pet Gear Travel Lite Bi-Fold Ramp is the best dog ramp for stairs in our regard. If you are looking for a dog ramp for stairs, here is a guide to help you out. This will help you search for dog ramps more extensively.
- Length of stairs and dog ramp. When finding a portable dog ramp for pet stairs, make sure you know the overall length of the stairs (length of slope). This will help you find the right size portable pet ramp. The length of the dog ramp varies from 42 inches to 82 inches. A shorter dog ramp will be more suitable for stairs.
- Ease of use. If you are going to use the dog ramp for stairs on a regular basis, you need to make sure you get a telescoping model or one that is easily foldable. Nobody wants to spend time setting the ramp.
- Traction surface of the ramp. Traction surface is essential when buying a dog ramp for stairs. It ensures that dog does not lose their footing when walking up and down.
- Reliable bottom grip. The bottom grip of the dog ramp is another primary consideration. Since the dog ramps for stairs fit over dog stairs, they should have a firm bottom grip. The surface should be anti-slippery.
- Material of dog ramp. Rubberized, aluminum, solid wood, or durable plastic dog ramp or stairs? Rubber is the steadiest material when looking for dog ramps for stairs.