Best Dog Ramp for Trucks Summary
Our Top Pick
This dog ramp for truck checks all quality boxes and deserves the spot as our best overall pick.
|Get on Amazon
Lightweight, tested for safety, and simple to store, this plastic dog ramp will keep both your dog and you happy.
|Get on Amazon
With adjustable sizing, easy storage, safety assurance, and more, this pet ramp for trucks is a must-have.
|Get on Amazon
Sturdy, durable, and foldable, this dog ramp is perfect for large dogs as it is sturdy and with a high weight capacity.
|Get on Amazon
The low ascent angle and wide decks make this aluminum frame foldable dog stair easy for dog usage.
|Get on Amazon
The heavy-duty construction and foldable design make this budget-friendly dog ramp for truck a smart purchase.
|Get on Amazon
What are the Benefits of Dog Ramps for Trucks?
Just like the pet ramp for car, the dog ramp for truck will allow your pet dog to get on and off the vehicle without having the jump and without you having to do some heavy lifting.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of the dog ramp for truck:
- Lightweight and easily portable. Although a dog ramp for truck needs to be long for proper alignment, dog ramps are portable and lightweight. The heaviest dog ramps weigh around 18lbs only and are often made of lightweight aluminum.
- Multipurpose Use. Pet owners can use the dog ramp for truck for other purposes. For example, for getting into high beds, sofas, cars, or SUVs. Just because the ramp is made for trucks doesn’t mean it cannot be used for other elevated surfaces. It can also be used for tall beds, SUVs, other vehicles, and stairs.
The Best Dog Ramp for Trucks Reviewed
If searching the pet gear section, you will see a variety of dog ramps for pickup trucks and regular trucks. Some can even be used for the back seat, and some are in the form of a pet ladder.
To help you choose the right dog ramp for truck, we have selected and reviewed several of the best products.
Summary: The extra-long dog ramp by PetSafe is perfect for trucks as it is made of aluminum. Whether you need a dog ramp for older dogs, small dogs, or large breeds – this ramp has got your back. It’s durable and long enough to maintain to be placed at the right alignment. The dog ramp comes with adjustable sizing and can extend up to 87inches in length.
It weighs 18 pounds, just making it stable enough to handle the dog’s weight. The ramp also has side rails for support. The surface of the dog ramp is made from sandpaper, giving it high traction and making it anti-slippery. Since it’s adjustable, the ramp is easy to store and carry. It also comes with a quality guarantee. It is best for tall trucks, minivans, SUVs, and other cars.
Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Size: one size, 47-87 in L X 20 in W X 4 in H
- Best for tall trucks
- US-based customer care
- Handles 300lbs of weight
- Durable and easy to store
- Snap latch and non-skid feet
- Easy to transport
- Boost pet confidence
- Relatively long even when at its shortest
Review: The dog ramp has 70% 5-star ratings on Amazon. Users loved its durability, side rails, sturdiness, and side handle. However, it should better be a trifold due to its length. Also, the high traction surface scratches easily.
Summary: This is another dog ramp for trucks by PetSafe again. However, this dog ramp is not extendable but foldable in half. Moreover, instead of featuring an aluminum frame, it is made of plastic.
The total length of the dog car ramp is 62inches and weighs 10pounds, definitely lighter than the previous one. The high traction surface is similar to the prior one, i.e., sandpaper-like texture. It does have side rails for protection, a side handle, and a safety lock.
Weight Capacity: 150pounds
Size: one size, 62 inch L X 16 inch W X 4 inch H
- Durable and safety tested
- Perfect for tall trucks, SUVs
- Four rubber feet, no slipping
- Built-in latch for locking
- Compact for easy storage
- Collapsible design
- Bit unstable for larger dogs
- No handle for easy portability
Review: This pet ramp for trucks has 59% 5-star reviews. The positive reviews focus on its foldable feature, which fits nicely on the rear bumper. Some users find it unstable and durable. It also misses a carrying handle.
Summary: This is another ramp for your furry friend by PetSafe. It’s nearly the same as our first reviewed pet ramp in construction. The main difference between the two is that it is lightweight while still capable of handling more weight.
Also, our first reviewed pet ramp is 87inches long (when fully extended), whereas this one is 72inches long (when fully extended). Therefore, it is perfect for those who found the previous one too long. The rest of the features are the same, i.e., same high traction pad, built-in latch in place, and built-in handle for carrying.
Weight Capacity: 400lbs
Size: one size, 39-72 inches L X 17 inch W X 4 inch H
- Handles weight up to 400lbs
- Lightweight and wights only 13lbs
- Easy to store and portable ramp
- Adjustable sizing
- Best for tall trucks, SUVs
- Built-in guard rails on sides
- Stable, durable, and secure
- Non-slip surface
- Sharp side edges
Review: This adjustable pet ramp has 63% five-star customer reviews. Users find it relatively stable, durable, and easy to use. The right width enables it to be placed on the floorboard of the side doors. Other dog owners complain about sharp edges and poor sandpaper traction pads.
Summary: This Coziwow’s dog ramp for large dogs is the right pick if you are looking for a heavy-duty folding dog ramp. It is made of plastic and similar to PeSafe’s plastic dog ramp. The plus point is that this dog ramp comes with a side handle for easy access.
Besides this, it is foldable, has a security latch, and has side rails for protection. It is made from high-quality plastic that keeps it stable. Moreover, it also ensures sound footing with a high traction pad. It aligns well with trucks with a height of 30inches. The plastic buckles keep the dog ramp in place when it is folded.
Weight Capacity: 200lbs
Size: one size, 60 x 16 x 5 inches
- Weighs 9 pounds
- Anti-slip sandpaper pad
- Lightweight, easy to fold
- Inbuilt handle and safety lock
- 1-year quality assurance
- Rubber grippers to keep it stable
- Raised sides for security
- A bit steeper than similar products
Review: The dog ramp for senior dogs has 56% five-star reviews. Though it is feasible for trucks with a maximum height of 30 inches, it is a lot steeper due to its length. Otherwise, the ramp is considered strong and well made. Some users do find it a bit unstable, though.
Summary: These portable dog stairs can be best used for tall trucks. By Luffwell, this dog ramp in the form of stairs is constructed of aluminum.
The dog stairs weigh only 8lbs and have a hollow first step. It is a five-step ladder that can be aligned as per the height of the vehicle floorboard, thus, making it suitable for vehicles with a height of 28 inches to 36 inches. The dog steps have a non-slip pawprint coating and resistant rubber mat for sure footing. The top step is made half wide to make it easy to carry and lightweight.
Weight Capacity: 150lbs
Size: one size, 51inches long when fully extended
- Safety tethers fasten at the tailgate
- Form handles for folding, unfolding
- Folds to 15x3x5 inches
- Provides 24hr customer support
- Adjusted for low and high angles
- Pet stairs can reach a max height of 36inches
- For tall beds, SUVs, trucks
- More expensive than similar products
- Lack side rails for additional safety
Review: The product has 76% five-star reviews. It is sturdy, lightweight, and serves its purpose. Dog owners say this dog ramp for truck is easy to use, and their dogs do not hesitate to step on its walking surface.
Summary: These dog ramps are suitable for trucks as they can be aligned up to a height of 28inches. It is lightweight as it weighs 10lbs only. Furthermore, it is made of plastic. It is a bi-fold dog ramp with safety latches to prevent accidental opening.
Also, it has four rubber feet in its lower part to keep it steady. Instead of a high traction pad, it has a non-slip ridged walking surface.
Weight Capacity: 150 lbs
Size: one size, 62 x 15.6 x 6 inches
- Portable and convenient
- Hight traction ridged surface
- Side rails for protection
- Easy foldable and lightweight
- Easy to assemble
- Most affordable
- No built-in handle for transport
Review: The product has 47% five-star reviews. Users appreciate it as it is lightweight and durable. In contrast, few others find it slippery and too short.
What is the Best Dog Ramp for Trucks?
The PetSafe Happy Ride Extra Long Telescoping Dog Ramp is our best dog ramp for truck. When making this choice, we considered several critical factors. Let’s take a closer look at each of them:
- Size of the ramp. The size of the ramp, both in terms of length and height, is an essential factor. Look out for the maximum recommended height setting and compare it will the height of the truck’s floorboard. The length of the dog ramp should be at least 60 inches. The higher the truck’s floorboard, the longer the dog ramp should be.
- Traction. When buying the best dog ramp for trucks, focus on the traction. You don’t want your dog to slip. Neither do you want to strain their joints or trigger any mobility issues. It is highly recommended to go for a skid-resistant, non-slip high traction surface for the best results.
- Material. Choose a dog ramp that is sturdy and durable. The least you ever want is to injure your dog because the ramp wasn’t solid enough. It should not topple under the weight of the doggie. Additionally, it should be scratch-resistant and strong. Even better if it has side rails.
- Warranty. The best dog ramps for trucks come with at least a one-year warranty. This will give you peace of mind. Plus, manufacturers confident in the quality of their products tend to provide longer warranties and offer money-back guarantees.
- Use the telescoping ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your tallest truck, car, minivan or SUV all by themselves
- Longer length and extra wide telescoping ramp allows you to help your pet get in and out of vehicles with steeper inclines
- This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 300 lb
What Size Dog Ramp do I Need for My Truck?
The dog ramp for truck should be long enough to sit at the right alignment. It should be short enough not to occupy too much space yet long enough to prevent steep inclination.
Keep in mind that dogs can be afraid of heights. Therefore, a good dog ramp for truck should be at least 60 inches.
How do I Get My Big Dog into a Truck?
You can get your big dog into a truck using a dog ramp for trucks. Guide your dog through the path using treats. Undoubtedly, you will need to use a lot of treats to motivate the dog to get into a truck using a dog ramp.
Once your dog has used the truck ramp a few times, it will be easier. Your dog will be able to figure out that it is much easier to use the ramp than keep jumping up and down.
However, if your big dog is still not comfortable with the ramp, you may inspire them by placing their front paws on the carpet of the ramp and cradling their hind end. This will give them a required hint to climb the ramp.