Best Extra Wide Dog Ramps Summary
Our Top Pick
This deluxe ramp is easy to carry around, skid-resistant, and supports pets of up to 200 pounds.
|Get on Amazon|
This bi-fold extra wide dog ramp is free-standing with raised edges to prevent slipping off the edges.
|Get on Amazon|
This adjustable extra long and extra wide dog ramp is tested for safety, durable, lightweight, and simple to store.
|Get on Amazon|
What are the Benefits of Extra Wide Dog Ramps?
The main benefit of the extra wide dog ramp is that it supports large dogs. It is also easier to use for smaller dogs with a fear of heights – having more space to walk on gives comfort.
Here are some of the good reasons you need an extra wide dog ramp:
- Extra Safety. An extra-wide dog ramp is safe to tread on. The walking surface looks safe enough to walk over due to its wideness. Wide dog ramps also encourage dogs to step on them much more quickly. It is easier to train dogs over extra wide dog ramps.
- Sure Footing. Due to the wide walking surface, it is easier for dogs to keep balance. It also ensures stable footing, making it easy for them to go up and down the ramp.
- Stable and Durable. The extra-wide dog ramp is stable and sturdy. The surface area of the ramp increases, and there are lesser chances of ramps being broken into half or turning over. The extra-wide surface also makes them durable directly. The weight of the dog is equally distributed over the surface.
- Fits Different Pets. An extra-wide dog ramp is also suitable for all pet sizes. It is ideal even for large dogs with long legs that weigh more than 150lbs. Not only for dogs, but they are also suitable for other pets like cats, rabbits, tortoises, and so on.
The Best Extra Wide Dog Ramps Reviewed
Do you want to buy an extra wide dog ramp? Looking for a great product can be a tedious task. Therefore, we have curated a list of the best extra wide dog ramps here.
Summary: If a pet ramp doesn’t have side rails, it should be wide enough. This extra wide pet ramp by Pet Gear meets the context well. A typical pet ramp is around 15 inches wide. However, this pet ramp is a good 19 inches wide. A wide dog ramp allows for sure footing.
Also, this is a trifold ramp which makes it suitable to store and carry in your cars, trucks, or RV. This folding dog ramp is made of plastic and is available in two colors. The walking surface has a sandpaper-like texture that is considered anti-skid. The ramp is lightweight and weighs around 11 kgs. It also has a good length for flat alignment.
Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
Size: 71″L x 19.5″W x 4″H
- Extra-wide 19 inches
- Non-slip surface
- Folding pet ramp
- Heavy-duty design
- Has a carrying handle
- Folds easily and has a lock
- No side rails
Review: The product has 59% of 5-star customer reviews on Amazon. It is wide enough for older dogs and senior dogs and ensures the pet’s safety. Dogs trust it better as it looks sturdy enough. The sandpaper surface is minor trouble. Being extra wide, it may not be suitable for car door opening.
Summary: This chocolate color pet ramp for a high bed is not only extra wide but also free-standing. This means it just stands anywhere without any support. This pet ramp has two horizontal legs for support, one in front and the second in the middle.
These legs provide ultimate support and keep it stable and sturdy. It is more than 19 inches wide and is 23 inches in height. This makes it suitable even for very high car floorboards. It easily folds down for easy storage. The ramp also has raised sides for extra security. The walking surface has a sandpaper-like texture.
Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
Size: 55″L x 19.25″W x 23″H
- Extra-wide and bi-fold design
- Rubberized bottom grippers
- Sturdy and stable
- Portable and lite (weighs 20 pounds)
- Collapsible for compact storage
- The anti-slip is not of high-quality
- Not suitable for stairs
Review: The dog car ramp has 54% five-star reviews. Also, users find it heavy but sturdy. Though made of plastic and rubber, it is a bit heavy. But the free-standing idea is a welcome feature. The ramp is suitable for big dogs and small dogs alike.
Summary: This car ramp by Pet Gear is the same as our top pick. The only difference is the walking tread. It has a reflective black and yellow colored walking surface to guide the pets up and down. In contrast, Pet Gear Tri-Fold Portable Extra Wide Pet Ramp has a sandpaper-like texture walking surface.
The rest of the features are absolutely the same. It is around 20 inches wide and has a good length as well. It has a curved top that fits right over the surface and a safety tether clip. Besides, it also has side safety reflectors (suitable for use in the dark).
Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
Size: 71″L x 19.5″W x 4″H
- Suitable for pets up to 200 pounds
- High visibility reflectors on top and sides
- Rubber grippers at the bottom
- Trifold for easy storage
- Comes with a safety tether clip
- Slip-resistant and easy-fold design
- No side rails for added safety
Review: The product has 59% five-star reviews. It is sturdy and heavy and is made of high-quality plastic. The surface is anti-slip, allowing small dogs and large dogs to tread smoothly. It folds nicely when not in use.
Summary: PetSafe telescoping pet ramp for doggies is made of aluminum. It is not foldable like other models. It slides inward and outward. It is extra wide with a non-slip traction surface and has a 20 inches width with side rails that provides dual protection.
It also has a side handle for portability. Also, the safety latch keeps the ramp in place when slid inward. It is suitable for up to 45 inches of height surface. However, a gradual height of 25 inches is most recommended to put less pressure on the dog’s joints.
Weight Capacity: 300lbs
Size: 47-87 in L X 20 in W X 4 in H
- Extra-long adjustable sizing
- Lite design (weighs 18 pounds)
- Anti-slip traction surface
- Safe and simple to store
- Side rails for increased safety
- Rubber feet for stability
- The sandpaper surface is rough for some dogs
Review: The product has a good 70% of five-star reviews. This shows that large dogs have a much better experience with this dog ramp. It is good in length, durable, stable, and easy to carry. The walking surface is the only trouble, but that can be replaced with a carpet or rubber mat.
What is the Widest Dog Ramp?
Pet Gear Tri-Fold Portable Extra Wide Pet Ramp is our widest dog ramp, about 20 inches wide. It is also very durable, made of high-quality materials, and perfectly safe. Therefore, it is our top pick as the best extra wide dog ramp.
Here are some of the factors we considered when choosing an extra wide dog ramp.
- Dimensions. The first to look for is the dimensions of the pet ramp. Similar to pet stairs, look at the width of the dog ramp. It should be around 20 inches if you want to buy an extra-wide dog ramp.
- Tether Clip. When looking for a wide dog ramp, you can also consider buying one with a safety tether clip. This tether clip allows you to tether your ramp with the car’s back. It prevents the ramp from slipping away. If not, a free-standing extra wide dog ramp is also a good option.
- Side Rails. The widest ramp with the side rails is the best. It provides double security. Looking out for both in a single dog ramp won’t be too much to ask for.
- Portability. Buying an extra-wide dog ramp doesn’t mean it can’t be portable. Consider buying a dog ramp that is easy to carry and store. You could also invest in dog stairs.
- Additional Features. Look for essential features like foldability, telescoping design, safety lock/safety latch, and a carrying handle. Some dog ramps also come with a carrying case for best. Don’t settle for less.
- Purpose. Also, when buying a wide dog ramp for larger dogs, you should keep your purpose in mind. You can consider buying extra wide dog ramps for the back of your cars, trucks, and other vehicles. They can also be used for pools and beds. You might also want to try dog steps as they serve the purpose well, too.
- Brand. Finally, it would help if you did a little research on the manufacturer – look for a reputable and trustworthy brand. Read reviews from other users and pay attention to services like free shipping, long warranty, and money-back guarantee policies.
How Wide Should a Dog Ramp Be?
An ideal dog ramp should be around 20 inches wide. All the above-reviewed dog ramps are 20 inches wide.
Remember to measure the surface width you would be putting the dog ramp over before buying an extra-wide dog ramp. You do not want to end up with a pet ramp wider than the surface you need it for.