What Is the Best Eye Wash for Dogs?
- Best Overall Eye Wash for Dogs: Vets Preferred Eye Wash for Dogs Infection Treatment & Tear Stain Remover
This is the best dog eye cleaner because of its ability to remove dirt, debris, and irritants in a gentle, safe, and effective way.
- Best Natural Eye Wash for Dogs: Burt’s Bees for Dogs Natural Eye Wash with Saline Solution
This is one of the safest types of eye wash for dogs and is completely free of harsh chemicals, colorants, sulfates, and fragrances.
- Best Carry-On Eye Wash for Dogs: Miracle Care Clear Sterile Pads Eye Wash for Dogs
These are the best carry-on eye wash pads to use because are presoaked and can conveniently fit in your backpack wherever you go.
- Best Eye Wash for Dogs for Tear Stains: Nutri-Vet Eye Rinse for Dogs
This rinse includes boric acid and can be especially helpful for providing protection against pollution and dirt/dust particles in the air.
- Best Vet-Recommended Eye Wash for Dogs: Vetericyn Plus Antimicrobial Eye Wash for Dogs This is a veterinarian-recommended eye care solution that can alleviate eye irritation and dog eye infections in a safe and pain-free way.
- Best Eye Wash for Dogs for Single-Use: Medi-First Eyewash for Dogs
This single-use formula is great to have around whenever you notice your dog pawing at its irritated eyes.
What Are the Benefits of Eye Wash for Dogs?
Eye wash for dogs can be beneficial for a number of reasons. It can help remove dirt, debris, and pollen from your dog’s eyes, and it can also help soothe irritated eyes. Here is a closer look at the benefits of eye wash for dogs:
- Support Eye Health: The use of eye wash for dogs helps support healthy eyes. If you’re looking for a way to keep your dog’s eyes clean and healthy, an eye wash is a great option.
- Prevent Eye Problems: Eye washes help prevent some common eye problems. Eye issues are common in dogs and can result in complications if left untreated.
- Easy Use: The process of using the majority of eye wash solutions is easy – just squirt a small amount in each eye with the applicator tip, then gently massage the area around the eye until most of the liquid has been absorbed. You don’t need any expensive equipment or additional products to safely apply eye wash to your dog’s eyes.
The Best Eye Wash for Dogs Reviewed
There are different eye wash for dogs on the market. To help you make an informed decision about which is right for your dog, we have reviewed several best-sellers.
Lifestage: All life stages
Size: 4 fl oz
Full Ingredient List: Boric Acid, Filtered Water, Sodium Borate, Sodium Chloride.
Product Use Instruction: Shake well before using. Applying 2-3 drops per eye. For irritated eyes, apply several drops to clean and refresh. Use several drops daily to reduce irritation from dust, and pollen and after swimming. Do not use it in the mouth of animals. Individual results may vary.
Recommended Uses: Eye flushing and cleaning
Storage Instructions: Store the product in a cool, dry place. Avoid temperatures above 86 Fahrenheit.
Summary: Vets Preferred Eye Cleaner for Dogs is one of the best products on the market for dogs that have sensitive eyes and are prone to allergies. It’s helpful for eye irritation and burning, and can instantly get rid of any debris or stains in and around your dog’s eyes. It’s also helpful for conditions like pink eye.
This product is perfect for all dogs, and it also doesn’t matter what age they are. It’s a product that can be used every day, or on an as-needed basis. You can also use it if you’re just wanting to give your dog’s eyes some additional moisture.
- Gentle formula
- Safe and effective
- Removes tear stains
- Easy-to-use eye drops
- Made in a GMP-certified facility
- Some find the instructions difficult to read
Customer Review: Vets Preferred Eye Cleaner for Dogs has received a 4.4 out of 5 stars rating out of 1,128 reviews on Amazon. The majority of customers review how easy the product is to use, how much value they’re getting for the money and the product’s sheerness. Many dog owners find that even fussy dogs with eye problems don’t have any problems using this product.
Veterinarians.org Review: Our team at veterinarians.org is giving Vets Preferred Eye Wash for Dogs Infection Treatment & Tear Stain Remover an overall 10/10 star rating. A breakdown of our rating is listed below:
- Pet Suitability (10/10): This eye wash for dogs is good for keeping the area around the eyes clean.
- Ingredient Quality (10/10): This dog eye wash is produced in a GMP-certified facility in the USA under strict supervision. Most ingredients are safe and high quality.
- Cost Effectiveness (10/10): Based on the customer’s review, this eye wash is worth their money.
- Customer Feedback (10/10): The majority of the customers’ feedback on Amazon is positive, averaging 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- Product Variety (8/10): The eye wash for dogs comes in one size and one formula. However, considering the diverse ingredients, it serves several purposes.
Lifestage: Dogs 8 weeks of age or older
Size: 4 fl oz
Full Ingredient List: Water/Eau(Aqua), Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride.
Product Use Instruction: Apply 2-3 drops as needed to remove dirt and debris from the eyes.
Recommended Uses: Eye flushing and regular cleaning
Storage Instructions: Keep at room temperature, in a cool and dry place
Summary: If you’re a pet owner looking for a pet care product that is 100% safe, Burt’s Bees for Pets Dogs Natural Eye Wash with Saline Solution is one to consider. This vet-recommended product is free of colorants, sulfates, harsh chemicals, and fragrances that are commonly known to cause irritation to dogs.
Dogs of all ages can use this gentle and easy-to-apply product. It can be used on a regular basis, and all it usually takes is 2 or 3 drops in each eye for the best results.
- High-quality ingredients
- Free of harsh chemicals
- Does not cause irritation
- Vet-recommended formula
- Can be used by all dogs
- Some might find the top of the bottle to be a little flimsy
Customer Review: Burt’s Bees for Pets Dogs Natural Eye Wash with Saline Solution is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers find this product to be well worth their money and straightforward to use. The majority of customers report having no regrets after purchasing this product, and this sterile eye wash, it’s especially helpful in relieving a dog’s irritated eyes cleanly and safely.
Veterinarians.org Reviews: Our team at veterinarians.org is giving Burt’s Bees for Dogs Natural Eye Wash with Saline Solution an overall 8/10 star rating. A breakdown of our rating is listed below:
- Pet Suitability (8/10): This product flushes out debris and is safe for all dogs and puppies.
- Ingredient Quality (10/10): This dog eye wash is free of fragrances, sulfates, colorants, and harsh chemicals. Most ingredients are safe and high quality.
- Cost Effectiveness (8/10): At $12.49, you will get a 4 FL 4 oz 1 pack you can save money if you buy 2 packs for $10. 98.
- Customer Feedback (8/10): The majority of the customers’ feedback on Amazon is positive. Some of the negative comments say that the smell is too strong.
- Product Variety (7/10): The wash comes in two sizes.
Lifestage: All life stages
Size: 90 count
Full Ingredient List: Water, Boric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Borate, and Edetate Disodium.
Product Use Instruction: Remove the eyewash pad from the container and squeeze the excess liquid into the eye. Use the pad to remove debris as needed up to four times daily. After use, please tighten the lid to avoid drying out.
Recommended Uses: Eye cleaning and maintenance
Storage Instructions: Store in a dry place at room temperature. Ensure the lid is tightly sealed on the container and the wipes are moistened inside the container.
Summary: Miracle Care by MiracleCorp/Gimborn Eye Clear Sterile Eye Wash Pads are a portable eye-wash solution that can be used to quickly eliminate gunk and other debris in your dog’s eyes. It’s a soothing product that’ll never make your dog’s eyes sting or feel uncomfortable while they are being cleaned.
With this product, you’ll never have to worry about spillage because each cotton pad is presoaked with the formula. There are a total of 90 wipes included in your checkout purchase, and all products made by Miracle Care are quality assured.
- Soothing and safe
- Portable and convenient
- Easy to use
- Preferred by groomers
- Some may find that it doesn’t remove tear stains
Customer Review: Miracle Care by MiracleCorp/Gimborn Eye Clear Sterile Eye Wash Pads is a highly rated product that scores 4.3 out of 5 stars across over 10,000 reviews on Amazon. Customers positively highlight how soft and comfortable these wipes feel, in addition to how great their accessibility is when they are on the go with their pets.
- Pet Suitability (9/10): Boric acid is a powerful antiseptic and helps to prevent infections. Its concentration in the formula is mild and safe for pets.
- Ingredient Quality (10/10): The ingredients in this product are of high quality and offer a great deal of safety of efficacy.
- Cost Effectiveness (10/10): Priced at just under $10.00, these are affordable and can be used every day. They also come 90 to a container, so one purchase may last up to three months.
- Customer Feedback (7/10): While 80% of ratings were 4 or 5 stars, nearly 10% were 1 or 2 stars, and those reviews brought up serious complaints.
- Product Variety (9/10): Options for this eye wash for dogs include eye wash pads, eye drops, and facial cleanser.
Lifestage: All Life Stages
Size: 4 fl oz
Full Ingredient List: Boric Acid, Filtered Water, Sodium Borate, Sodium Chloride
Product Use Instruction: Remove excess matter from eye corners. Apply 2-3 drops in each eye. For irritated eyes, apply several drops in each eye to clean and refresh.
Recommended Uses: Eye cleaning and irritation management
Storage Instructions: Store the product at room temperature in a dry place
Summary: Nutri-Vet Eye Rinse for Dogs is one of the best products for tear stains. By using this product on a regular basis, the formation of runny eyes and tear stains will be greatly reduced.
Mucous buildup and red eyes can be alarming things to see, but with this product, you’re getting a safe and effective way of preventing all of that. Nutri-Vet Eye Rinse is a soothing product that can ensure your dog won’t deal with the painful nuances that seasonal allergies can all too often cause.
- Helps soothe irritation
- Gentle formulas
- Safe and effective
- Manages tear stains
- Good value for the money
- Some customers might find it doesn’t work on their particular dog
Customer Review: Nutri-Vet Eye Rinse for Dogs is another highly-rated product that is rated 4.7 out of 5 stars by over 11,000 customers. Most customers state that this is an easy-to-use product that smells great and is decently priced. They say it is especially helpful for removing tear stains resulting in crusty eyes.
- Pet Suitability (10/10): These dog eye washes include boric acid that helps fight eye infections and irritations caused by foreign particles and air pollution. and safe for all dogs and cats.
- Ingredient Quality (10/10): This eye wash for dogs is formulated to create an inhospitable environment in the eyes for germs and bacteria. Do not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Cost Effectiveness (8/10): Based on the customer’s review, this product offers good quality that matches the price.
- Customer Feedback (8/10): The majority of the customers’ feedback on Amazon is positive. The rate of this product is 4.5 out of 5 stars showing that the product is of good quality.
- Product Variety (8/10): The eye wash for dogs comes in two varieties, regular and boric acid-enriched.
Lifestage: All Life Stages
Size: 3 fl oz
Full Ingredient List: Hypochlorous Acid (0.009%) Inactive: Electrolyzed Water, Sodium Chloride, Phosphates, Sodium Hypochlorite
Product Use Instruction: Adjust the dropper nozzle. Flush the affected gently with Vetericyn Plus. Repeat 3-4 times daily until the condition is no longer visible. No rinsing is necessary. Safe for use around the mouth, nose, ears, and eyes. Use with damaged corneas should be under veterinary supervision. For daily maintenance, flush your eyes once per day or as needed. Great for use after outdoor activities.
Recommended Uses: Eye cleaning and infection management
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dark place, away from children’s reach
Summary: Vetericyn Plus All Animal Eye Wash is a veterinarian-recommended eye wash that not only works for dogs but also for cats, horses, and livestock. This pain-free solution can be used regularly until symptoms of the eye infection have dissipated.
Vetericyn is an FDA-registered company that operates out of the United States. The Vetericyn Eye Wash is ideal for red, itchy, and irritated eyes and is an excellent product for flushing out any debris or dirt that might be found. It’s also useful for eliminating tears, stains, and discharge in your pet’s eye.
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Safe and reliable
- Pain-free solution for eye issues
- Provides relief for dry eyes
- Useful for a variety of animals at all life stages
- Some pets may not enjoy the smell of it
Customer Review: Vetericyn Plus All Animal Eye Wash has received a 4.7 out of 5-star rating from almost 1,500 customers on Amazon. Customers highly rate this product for the comfort it provides to the eyes of their animals, its moisturizing properties, and how convenient it is to use. Customers also find this product to be soothing for itchy eyes.
- Pet Suitability (10/10): This dog eye wash is approved for use on all animals, from cats and dogs to horses and livestock. It can also be used to remove debris or for regular eye care.
- Ingredient Quality (10/10): This eye wash product is manufactured under strict international guidelines and in an FDA-registered, state-of-the-art facility in the USA.
- Cost Effectiveness (8/10): It comes with 3 fl oz, and based on the customer’s review, it is worth their penny.
- Customer Feedback (8/10): Most of the comments and reviews are positive. The customer’s review is 4.6 out of 5 stars which shows how good the product is.
- Product Variety (5/10): The eye wash for dogs comes in one bottle size.
Lifestage: All Life Stages
Size: 1 fl oz; 4 fl oz
Full Ingredient List: Purified water 98.3%
Product Use Instruction: To open it, simply twist the cap to break the seal. Then, apply a few drops to your eyes to clean them.
Recommended Uses: Eye cleaning
Storage Instructions: Keep the product in a dark and dry place, at room temperature
Summary: Medi-First Eyewash is a great single-use product that can quickly flush out any irritating particles from your dog’s eyes, thus preventing conjunctivitis. It functions by loosening up any particles in the eyes and relieving the eyes of itchiness.
Medi-First Eyewash comes in a squeezable bottle that contains 4 ounces of the solution. It’s easy to use, and it’s recommended to always have one of these bottles around. The seal on the bottle is tamper-evident, so you can clearly see if the product has been used or not.
- Perfect single-use formula
- Squeezable bottle
- Instant relief
- Great for sensitive eyes
- Soothing effect
- Often out of stock on online retailers
Customer Review: Medi-First Eyewash has received a 4.7 out of 5 stars rating from nearly 1,500 customers. Many customers report this product to be great at eliminating itchy, irritated eyes in their dogs due to allergens.
- Pet Suitability (10/10): This eyewash is made from buffered, isotonic saline, making it perfectly safe for your sensitive eyes and for pets.
- Ingredient Quality (10/10): These eye wash products are made of high-quality ingredients and do not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Cost Effectiveness (8/10): Based on the customer’s review, they are happy with the product, and it is worth every penny.
- Customer Feedback (8/10): Most of the comments and reviews are positive. Easy to use and washes allergens out of the eyes.
- Product Variety (9/10): The wash comes in two different bottle sizes.
What Should I Look for in an Eye Wash for Dogs?
When you’re looking for an eye wash for dogs, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Ingredients: First, think about the ingredients. You want something that is gentle and won’t irritate your dog’s eyes.
- Easy Use: Second, find a product that is easy to use. You don’t want something that will be difficult to administer to your dog.
- Price: Third, consider the cost. Eye washes can range in price, so find one that fits within your budget.
- Brand: Finally, read reviews from other pet owners to see what they recommend. You can learn a lot about the brand from what other customers have to say.
Can Human Eye wash Be Used for Dogs?
No, human products are not recommended as an eye wash for dogs.
It’s recommended to always use a dog-friendly eye wash for your dog’s eyes. Human products are not always safe for cleaning eyes in dogs and are not fit for proper eye care.
As always, consult with a veterinarian for the most recommended dog eye wash products that are both safe and effective.