Table of Contents
Best Foldable Dog Pools at a Glance
- WANTRYAPET Foldable Dog Pool: Best Overall Foldable Dog Pool – We like this foldable dog pool as it checks all boxes for practicality and quality.
- V-HANVER Foldable Dog Pool for Small Dogs: Best for Large Dogs – We like the pool as it suits the needs of large dogs fond of water activities.
- NHILES Collapsible Portable Pet Dog Pool: Best for Small Dogs – We like this dog pool due to its suitability for small dogs with big swimming tendencies.
- Yaheetech Foldable Hard Plastic Extra Large Dog Pool: Best for Extra Accessories – We like the wide range of accessories the foldable dog pool comes with.
What Are The Benefits Of A Foldable Dog Pool?
Foldable dog pools are fun, convenient, and easy to use. Plus, they do not take up much storage space, even in the XXL size for Retrievers, Bulldogs, and Weimaraners.
Here are some outstanding benefits of the best dog pools:
- Saves Space. A small size foldable dog pool is easy to collapse and can fit anywhere in your room. It doesn’t occupy much space, making it easy to store.
- Easy to Drain Water. A foldable dog pool has a drainage valve that allows easy water drainage. This way, you can empty the drained water in a bucket. This water can then be further used for washing or watering plants.
- Lightweight and Durable. The foldable dog pool is lightweight and is still durable. However, dog owners are recommended to trim their dogs’ nails before allowing them to enter the pool. It reduces the chances of wear and tear of the pool’s sides and bottom.
- Easily Portable. Another benefit of a foldable dog pool is its portability. You do not need any assistance when using them. These dog pools are easily collapsible and take their shape automatically. You can even carry it in your car when planning a vacation or pool party at a different location.
- Slip-Resistant and Waterproof. A dog pool must be waterproof in the first place. Along with this, they also should be slip-resistant. Pooches have a different way of having fun. They love to jump around everywhere when they are super happy to splatter water all around. The slip-resistant bottom of the pool keeps it in one place. However, it is still recommended to take care of your dog’s safety in the water.
- The non-slip bottom of the pet swimming pool can prevent your pets/kids from slipping when they are splashing around in the pool.
- The convenient fold-down design makes it simple to open and fold, space-saving for storage at home, easy to store and carry around.
- Dog pet bath pool can be used both outdoor and indoor.
- No air pump needed.
The Best Foldable Dog Pools Reviewed
To make your task of selecting the best foldable dog pool easier, here we have reviewed the best foldable dog pool for hot summer days:
Summary: This foldable dog pool by Wantryapet is a best seller with dimensions of 39.5 inches by 12 inches. This pool is suitable to accommodate large dogs and small dogs alike. The dog pool is portable and slip-resistant as it is made from high-grade PVC material and thickened MDF boards.
It makes the pool sturdy, and you can allow both your dogs and kids to have fun. A portable pool is easy to dry and is kept away safely when not in use. It can be used as a dog pool, kid pool, dog bathtub, or dog swimming pool.
- No air pump needed to inflate it
- Unfold and fill with water to use
- Available in multiple sizes
- Serves a variety of purposes
- Easy to drain
- Could be a bit more durable
Review: It has 72% five-star ratings where users find it easy to use. Around 1% of the users found that it couldn’t hold water for too long and was more durable.
Summary: Another portable dog pool is by V-Hanger, which makes collapsible hard plastic dog pools for small dogs and large dogs. The extra-large-sized dog pool measures 63 inches in diameter and 12 inches in depth.
One of the best parts of this pool is that it comes with an extra dog ball toy and two PVC covers that help eliminate water splashing in case of accidental damage. It is made with extra tough PVC and a thick slip-resistant material at the bottom. This makes the dog pool fit for the everyday use of furry friends. It has a fold-down design which makes it portable.
- Comes with one year warranty
- Can be used for a variety of purposes
- Easy to store and keep away
- Built-in drainage hole
- 0.45cm thickened MDF plates
- Difficult to make it hold up
Review: 71% of the users found it helpful for their dogs, and another 15% gave it four stars. Users love the extra small ball that comes along with it and find its size perfect. Around 6% of users showed a 1-star rating describing they could not stand still or had holes when received.
Summary: The NHILES collapsible pool is different from its counterparts. It uses a different approach for draining water and claims its product is eco-friendly. The foldable plates of the dop pool are made of waterproof nylon.
NHILES provides a warning to trim your dog’s nails before they enter the pool. The smallest size dog pool by NHILES measures 31.5 inches in diameter and 8 inches in depth. The upgraded drainage design allows users to empty the pool’s contents quickly and prevents water spillage.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Upgraded drainage design
- 4mm PP board for durability and firmness
- Heavy duty
- Non-slip 55 wire PVC thick
- Portable and easy to store
- Lacks durability/sturdiness
Review: 71% of the dog owners found it useful for their doggies and kids. 7% of the users had issues with its quality and leaking.
Summary: This hard plastic foldable dog swimming pool by Yaheetech looks more durable. It is easily foldable, stackable, and collapsible dog pool and even fits large dogs.
The XL size measures 55inch by 11.8inch in diameter and depth, respectively. It also comes with extra accessories like a pet brush and four repair patches. It also has a drainage valve and a marker. It is a multipurpose foldable dog pet bath pool used for dogs, kids, as a ball pool or sand pool.
- Hose adapter accompanied
- Max. fill waterline marked
- P2 MDF high-quality board used
- Anti-slip bottom and foldable design
- The bottom of the pool is thin
- Leaks from bottom
Review: 69% of the dog owners are pretty happy with this collapsible bathing tub as it stands well and has a good size. However, a few users had a poor product experience and complained about its poor bottom quality.
How to Choose the Best Foldable Dog Pool?
Dog pools are specific pet products that classify as dog toys. However, just because they are toys (and look similar to kiddie pools) does not mean they should be underrated – they offer mental stimulation and physical activity.
There are several considerations when choosing the best foldable dog pool on Amazon or Chewy. Here are some of the things you need to keep in mind:
- Size. The size of the pet swimming pool is more important than many dog owners’ consideration. Before buying a dog pool, make sure you focus on whether you want to get a pool for a small or a big dog. Dog pools come in a variety of sizes. If you have a small dog, sizes like small and medium can also work well. However, for big dogs, go for extra-large sizes with at least 55-inch diameter and 12-inch depth. Take due notice of the measurements of the dog pool before ordering.
- Durability. The durability of the dog pool is an essential consideration as dogs tend to jump over too swiftly than kids. This makes it necessary to look for a durable dog pool made from good quality thick boards and hard plastic. Along with the durability, the sturdiness of the dog pool matters a lot. Read the reviews if you want to know about the sturdiness and durability of any dog pool. However, do not forget that each user has their way of taking care of things.
- Drainage Hole and Valve. Before choosing a dog pool, the drainage adapter, the drainage hole, or the valve should also be another consideration. A drainage hole and valve are added in the lower part of the dog pool to drain the water quickly. Sometimes, due to a faulty drainage valve, it acts as a water spillage. Make sure you do not come around with such reviews that complain about the water leakage issues from the drainage valve.
- Warranty. This is rare, but a good dog pool does come with a warranty. One of our reviewed dog pools comes with a one-year warranty that adds to the level of reassurance to the users. It enables buyers to trust the durability and the quality of the product.
- Ease of Setup. One should also look for an easy setup process. Most of the foldable dog pools are easy to set up by default. They are collapsible and take the shape of a pool as you open them. An easy setup process also makes it easy to fill up water, drain it, dry the water pool and stack it safely after use.
- Easily Foldable. Foldable dog pools usually are easy to fold away. The marks on the outer part of the pool indicate if the dog pool is easily foldable or not. Look for signs of sturdiness and flexible bottom when buying a dog pool.
- Additional Features and Accessories. When investing in pricey pet products, it is good to know they come with added options. For example, it is considered an advantage if the foldable dog pool comes with a carrying bag.