Related Articles: Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for Bed, Dog Ramp for Car, Dog Ramp for Stairs, Dog Ramp for Couch, Small Dog Ramp, Adjustable Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for SUV, Outdoor Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for Truck, Dog Ramp for High Bed, Dog Boat Ramp, Dog Agility Ramp, Large Dog Ramp, Foam Dog Ramp, Dog Dock Ramp, Portable Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp with Rails, Wooden Dog Ramp, Extra Wide Dog Ramp, Cheap Dog Ramp, RV Dog Ramp, Dog Pool Ramp
Best Folding Dog Ramps Summary
- Best Overall Folding Dog Ramp: PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
Portable and lightweight aluminum telescoping folding dog ramp that is versatile and easy to use.
- Best Folding Dog Ramp for Small Dogs: PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp
Tested for safety and durability, this USA-made folding dog ramp is extremely lightweight and convenient.
- Best Folding Dog Ramp for Portability: PetSafe Happy Ride Extra Long Telescoping Dog Ramp
Easy to store, lightweight, and anti-slip, this telescoping dog ramp has all that you can ask for.
- Most Affordable Folding Dog Ramp: Amazon Basics Plastic Pet Ramp
With a tri-fold design, this easy-to-store folding dog ramp is easy to maintain.
- Best Plastic Folding Dog Ramp: Folding Pet Ramp for Cars
Flaunting a non-slip surface, this folding dog ramp is portable, lightweight, and easy to use.
- Best Aluminium Folding Dog Ramp: maxpama Extra Wide Aluminium Folding Dog Ramp
Extra-wide, adjustable, anti-slip, and lightweight, this folding dog ramp is a must-have.
- Best Pet Stairs Type of Folding Dog Ramp: maxpama Folding Dog Car Ramp
This dog ramp, with adjustable height and angle, is durable, collapsible, lightweight, and anti-slip.
What are the Benefits of Folding Dog Ramps?
The benefit of the folding dog ramp is that it allows dogs to access elevated surfaces while being easily portable and convenient for storage. Here is a closer look at the benefits of the folding dog ramp:
- Portability. The biggest benefit of folding dog ramps is that they are portable. They can be folded and put in cars and SUVs, making it easier for pet owners to carry their pets all around.
- Easy to store. These foldable dog ramps are not only easy to carry but easy to store as well. They come with handles and safety locks that keep them locked when folded, making storage convenient.
- Sturdy enough. The foldable dog ramps are made of good quality material like aluminum and hard plastic that keeps their stability intact. Even obese and older dogs can tread over them easily without damaging the structure.
The Best Folding Dog Ramps Reviewed
Below are the best sellers for folding dog ramps:
Summary: This PetSafe pet ramp is best in terms of portability and storage as it comes with a carrying case (sold separately). The ramp is made of aluminum and weighs only 13 pounds.
It is fully extendable up to 72 inches. It also has raised rail and a high traction pad for additional security. Even without the carrying case, it is easily portable as it comes with a handle. It has an attached safety lock for storage that keeps the pet ramp locked when slid inward.
Weight Capacity: 400lbs
Size: one size, 39-72 inches L X 17 inch W X 4 inch H
- Lightweight and durable
- Rubber pads on based on either side
- High traction surface
- Portable and simple to store
- Slides in and slides out
- Built-in latch for stability
- Non-slip surface
- Heavy duty
Review: The product has about 5000 reviews, of which 63% are five-star reviews on Amazon. Pet owners love it for the appropriate width and weight and sturdy side rails. Its sharp edges, though, remain a source of worry for many users.
Summary: This PetSafe pet ramp is another portable folding pet ramp on this list. It is made of plastic. This makes it super lightweight and yet durable. It weighs only 10 pounds.
The length of the pet ramp is also decent enough for it to be used for multiple purposes. The high traction pad has a sandpaper texture. For better stability, it has rubber feet at the lower ends.
Weight Capacity: 150 pounds
Size: one size, 62 x 16 x 4 inches
- Simple to store and carry
- Safety lock for easy portability
- Side rails for pet safety
- Less stress for pet joints
- Easy to fold in half
- The poor grip on sandpaper
Review: The product has reached about 10k reviews, of which 59% are 5-star reviews. It is a pretty good pet ramp in terms of portability and storage. It is lightweight and has a safety latch. However, most users use their DIY traction mat for better paw grip.
Summary: This extra long pet ramp is by PetSafe again and is very similar to our top pick. However, it is much longer than that.
It weighs a bit more at 18 pounds and extends up to 87inches. The high traction surface is similar as well as overall built. The ramp is not foldable in half but adjustable in length, making it best in portability and storage. It has a built-in handle for carrying it along.
Weight Capacity: 300lbs
Size: one size, 47-87 in L X 20 in W X 4 in H
- Easy to transport and store
- Built-in latch for locking
- Rubber feet for better traction
- Side rails for pet safety
- For cars, trucks, SUVs
- Adjustable pet ramp
- Sandpaper surface, no sure footing
Review: The product has 70% five-star reviews and is considered a great ramp as it has decent width. It is even suitable for large dogs. Its sandpaper surface is the only downside, though not too serious.
Summary: This plastic pet ramp by Amazon is different from the rest. It is designed uniquely. Instead of a sandpaper-like surface, it has ridges all over for a universal rubber grip.
Also, this pet ramp is tri-fold which provides it an upper edge in terms of portability and storage. Instead of plastic safety locks or latches, it has a strong belt with locks to keep it in place when folded. Also, the pet ramp flaunts an extra latch on top to keep it attached to the floorboard.
Weight Capacity: not specified
Size: one size, 63 x 18.3 x 3.9 inches
- Tri-fold design
- Made of durable PP plastic
- Ridges ensure sure footing
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Weighs 12 pounds only
- More suitable for small dogs than senior dogs
- No side rails
Review: The product has few reviews with 48% 5-star reviews. There is no doubt it is good in terms of portability and storage. It is better used over the stairs and for beds. It may not be too suitable for high trucks and SUVs.
Summary: This foldable pet ramp is by PETMAKER store. It’s a polypropylene plastic bi-fold pet ramp that is portable and easy to store. It folds in half and has a safety latch to lock when not in use.
It weighs only 11 pounds and has a sandpaper-like texture on the walking surface. It has four feet for stability.
Weight Capacity: 150lbs
Size: one size, 61 x 15.5 x 5.5 inches
- For dogs of all ages and sizes, including Dachshunds
- Easy to assemble and use
- Lightweight and portable
- Bi-fold for storage
- Poor stability
Review: The product has 55% five-star reviews. It is sturdy, lightweight, long enough, and portable. But it lacks stability (also depends on the ground) as per a few reviews.
Summary: Do you want your dog ramp to be extra wide? This pet ramp by maxpama is designed in the form of a 5-step stair. It doesn’t have a hollow step at the bottom, making it safer for pets to step up. The steps are a reasonable 18.8 inches wide, ensuring sure footing.
The ramp can also be used as a dog bed ramp. It can be used in low angles and wide-angle. It can be extended up to 66inch in length and 29inch in height at a low angle. At a high angle, it can extend up to 50inches in length and 33 inches in height.
Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
Size: adjustable sizing
- High-quality alum frame
- 1680D oxford fabric used on steps
- Weights 14.5lbs itself
- EVA handles to prevent car scratching
- The upgraded safety tether clip
- Sleek corners, added board inside
- Non-slip carpet
- Car doors floorboard should be 18inches wide
Review: The product has 69% five-star reviews. It works well for the hatchbacks and tailgates. It is sturdy, durable, and adjustable. It works well for pets due to its extra-wide footing area.
Summary: Now, this is the same product as the maxpama extra-wide aluminum pet ramp (reviewed above). The main difference is it has six dog steps.
It is much easier for dogs with mobility issues as steps are much closer. At a low angle, these pet steps can extend up to 55inches in length and 27inches in height. It can extend up to 43 inches in length and 32 inches in height at a high angle.
Weight Capacity: 200lbs
Size: adjustable sizing
- Anti-slip upgraded surface
- Weights around 12lbs
- Adjustable height and angle
- Extra-wide steps for sure footing
- Triple protection security
- Comes with a carrying case
- Easy storage
- Convenient to carry dog stairs
- The bottom step is not durable enough
Review: The product has 69% five-star reviews. It is loved by most users for its lightweight, sturdiness, portability, and storage. However, users with furry friends over 100lbs suggest it is made for small and less heavy dogs.
What is the Best Folding Dog Ramp?
PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp is the best folding dog ramp. If you are looking to buy a foldable dog ramp, keep these considerations in mind:
- Material. Most folding dog ramps available in the market are made of aluminum or plastic. This makes them lightweight and easy to fold. But if durability is essential, plastic might not be the right pick.
- Length. Portable dog ramps should have a considerable length. To allow dogs to tread easily, they should have a good length of over 50inches at least. The higher your vehicle is, the longer should be the foldable ramp.
- Weight and Capacity. In this regard, you should consider not only the overall weight of the foldable ramp but also the weight capacity of the ramp. The foldable ramp should be lightweight and still be capable of withstanding at least 150 to 200lbs, depending on the weight of your doggie best friend.
- Maintenance. You want to make the dog ramp look spick and span. Ensure it is washable and easy to clean. Also, ensure it is scratch and water-resistant.
- Additional features. Carrying handles are a must in foldable dog ramps. Such ramps should have a solid handle to allow users to carry them around easily. They should also have a safety lock to keep the folded ramp in place.
- Use the telescoping ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together
- The adjustable telescoping ramp allows you to help your pet get in and out of different size vehicles; ramp measures 39-72 inches L X 17 inch W X 4 inch H
- This strong ramp is independently tested and rated to support pets up to 400 lb