What is the Best Dog GPS Collar?
- Best Overall GPS Dog Collar: WIEZ GPS Wireless Dog Fence
This dog fence has an auto-adjusting battery-saving mode that automatically adjusts the strength based on how far away your dog is from its home base.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Tracking Multiple Dogs: Petfon GPS Pet Tracker
The PetFon can be used for dogs and cats to track their location using GPS via your smartphone or tablet.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Large Breeds: Vienx Apple AirTag Dog Collar GPS Tracking
The collar comes with a second battery that can be swapped out and has a sport for an Apple AirTag.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Pet Training: My Pet Command Wireless Electric Fence Safe GP
With this collar, if your pet doesn’t return within 30 seconds, it will receive a correction, thus making this a good training tool.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Hunting Dogs: Garmin Alpha 100 Multi-dog GPS Tracking and Remote Training Device
The TT 15 is compatible with any Garmin Delta or Astro handheld transceiver. It can be used with either the Alpha or Astro handhelds.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Live-Action Detail: Dogtra Pathfinder GPS Dog Training Collar for Large Dogs
With this dog training collar, if your pet goes missing, you can trace its exact location using the Dogtra app.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Health Monitoring: Whistle Waterproof GPS Dog Tracker
This collar monitors your pet’s health with its built-in heart rate sensor, which can detect irregularities or problems with your pet’s heart rate.
- Best GPS Dog Collar with Memory Function: Wireless GPS Dog Fence
The receiver collar can also be used for other pets besides dogs so that you can train them all at once.
- Best GPS Dog Collar for Activity Monitoring: Tractive GPS Dog Tracker
This dog tracker automatically sends you real-time GPS updates when your dog leaves a particular area or arrives at home via WIFI.
- Our WIEZ GPS wireless dog fence system ONLY have a COLLAR RECEIVER, it use a GPS location technique, so it's more stable, and accurate than other traditional wireless fences that use a radio-frequency technique.
- This GPS wireless dog fence can cover areas up to 3281 feet radius and up to a max of 776 acres allowing you to use it for OUTDOORS.
- If your dog goes beyond the set range, the vibration or electric shock will keep working non-stop for 16 seconds, followed by a 30-second pause. Then it will repeat this three times automatically.
What is a GPS Dog Collar?
A GPS dog collar is a device you can use to track your dog’s location. It is typically used by pet owners who want to ensure that their dogs are safe, whether they’re at home or on a walk.
The collar uses GPS technology and a radio transmitter, which sends data about the dog’s location. A receiver then receives the information the owner can carry with them or carry in their vehicle. The receiver will send an alert if your dog goes beyond your set boundaries.
Do GPS Dog Collars Work?
Yes, the GPS dog collar works. It is a great way to keep your dog safe and secure.
The GPS dog collar works by using a GPS signal to track your dog’s location. This helps you know where they are at all times, which can be very useful if you have a large area to cover or if you want to ensure that your dog isn’t getting into trouble when you aren’t around.
Is GPS Dog Collar Good for Dogs?
Yes, the GPS dog collar is good for dogs.
The GPS dog collar helps track your dog, helps you train it, and ensures it stays safe. The GPS feature is handy for owners with older dogs that may wander off in the woods or on a hike, as well as for people who live in urban areas and want to keep tabs on their furry friends when they’re away from home.
GPS dog collars have become more widely accepted over the years as they become more affordable and accurate. Some GPS collars can even be used to track your pet’s activity levels and determine whether they’re getting enough exercise or not.
The Best Dog GPS Collar Reviewed
GPS dog collars are used to track your dog’s location. They come in different versions, from simple collars that send signals to more complex devices that can be integrated with other technologies. Below are some of the best dog GPS collars on the market today.
Features: Adjustable vibration intensity, electric shock mode
Summary: If you are looking for the best GPS dog collar that is safe, reliable, and economical, then the WIEZ GPS Wireless Dog Fence is a great choice.
This wireless fence has been designed to give your dog freedom within a perimeter you set. It works by sending out an electric pulse whenever your pet tries to cross the boundary. This helps him learn not to cross it again.
The anti-lost dog collar is rechargeable and can be used for up to 10 hours on a single charge. The range of this product is 100 feet – 3300 feet, depending on the terrain and size of your dog. It also features an adjustable warning strength so you can choose how much shock your pet experiences when he tries to break free from his boundaries.
- The collar is waterproof and comes with a rechargeable battery
- Comes with 32 dog training modes
- Has a wireless radius of up to 3300 ft
- The collar is waterproof and has a built-in shock sensor
- They are designed for all dogs, from small breeds to large ones
- Signals can be obstructed by tall grass or bushes
Review: Pet parents like the WIEZ GPS Wireless Dog Fence. They say it’s easy to set up and works well with all dog breeds. They also like that the GPS dog collar has no contact points, so there’s no way your sports dog can be shocked or hurt while wearing it. It’s also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about rain or snow interfering with its performance.
Features: Sound & light alarm, Voice command, Compact charging station
Summary: The PetFon is a GPS tracker that works with iOS and Android smartphones. The device can be set to various modes, including location tracking and activity monitoring. Location tracking mode lets you see your pet’s location in real-time on your smartphone screen. Activity monitoring mode allows you to see how active your dog is during the day to know if they’re getting enough exercise.
The PetFon also has an optional “find me” function that will let you locate your dog using their microchip ID if they get lost. The PetFon’s battery lasts 8-16 hours on a single charge, depending on how often it’s used in tracking or activity monitoring mode (more frequent use results in shorter battery life).
- Works with both iOS and Android smartphones
- Easy setup process requires no technical knowledge whatsoever
- It has an IP67 waterproof rating
- Comes with a charging cable
- It can also be used with multiple pets at once
- The Battery life can be better
Review: Pet parents who have purchased this GPS dog collar on Amazon say that it’s worth every penny, especially if you want to keep tabs on your dog while they’re outside playing or running around during the day. They also say it’s great for peace of mind if you ever have to leave your dog alone at home for any reason (like if you’re going on vacation).
Features: Reflective AirTag, Neoprene Padding, Special Design for Apple AirTag
Summary: This innovative tracker is suitable for all dogs and cats over seven weeks old, weighing between 1kg and 25kg. The device works with iOS and Android devices and can be used with IVIENX’s free app, which enables you to track your pet’s location in real-time. The app also allows you to set up safe zones around your home so you will be notified if they leave them. You’ll also get alerts when they enter or leave their safe zone, so you can always keep tabs on them.
- The collar is not meant for lightweight dogs
- The collar has a LED light for night visibility
- Compatible with all iPhone and Android devices
- It comes with a battery pack that weighs less than 10 ounces
- Long battery life and high accuracy level
- Needs a break-in period to become comfortable
Review: Pet owners love this GPS dog collar because it’s easy to put on and remove and sturdy enough to withstand rough playtime with sporting dogs. It’s also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about getting it wet if your pup likes playing in puddles or ponds!
Features: LCD, Customizable Vibrate and Stimulus shock settings, Ultrasonic Dog Training whistle
Summary: This collar system allows you to set up a safe area for your dog or cat in minutes. The wireless dog fence is easy to install, use, and maintain. You can set it up in any shape, size, or location. The collar fits all sizes of dogs, from 8 pounds to over 100 pounds. It has an adjustable range of up to 776 Acres (3281 Ft radius).
When the collar detects that your pet is nearing the boundary line, it will sound a warning beep tone. If your pet continues toward the boundary line, the collar will give off a static correction that will deter them from crossing that area again. This is an excellent way to train your pets without having to watch them while they’re outside playing or exercising constantly!
- This is a very easy collar to install
- Collars are rechargeable
- Collars come with a training whistle
- It’s waterproof
- No wires or fences needed for this system
- The collar doesn’t come with a battery charger
Review: Dog owners love this GPS dog collar; they say it’s easy to use and set up. They also noted that the collar works great for keeping their dogs within their boundaries, so they don’t have to worry about getting loose.
Features: TFT touchscreen, Tone and vibration alerts, Preloaded maps
Summary: The Garmin Alpha 100 handheld GPS is the perfect tool for houndsmen and field trailers to track their dogs during a hunt or trial. It’s also an excellent tool for anyone who wants to map out a route to see where they’ve been or plan out where they’re going.
This GPS-enabled tracking device provides peace of mind by allowing you to keep track of your dog’s location wherever he roams. It’s easy to use and durable, so you can rely on it to keep your pet safe if he gets away from home — or when you’re trying to find him after dark.
- Can track up to 20 dogs on one handheld device
- The Alpha 100 is waterproof
- Easy to use, and the maps are clear and easy to read
- It comes with voice commands like “sit,” “stay,” and vibration alert
- The handheld has a large screen and buttons
Review: With 4.7-star ratings out of 5, customers love the Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle. The GPS dog collar is designed for hunting with your favorite companion and is compatible with Garmin and TriTronics systems.
Features: Remote transmitter, Collar receiver, Bluetooth 4.0
Summary: The Dogtra Pathfinder is a GPS-enabled electronic dog training collar for large dogs. It offers you the freedom to train your pet from anywhere in the world with the help of its built-in GPS receiver and tracking software. This allows you to keep track of your dog’s location and monitor their behavior.
If your pet ever gets lost, you can use the tracker to find them using satellite imagery. The GPS dog collar also comes with an additional tracking device that can be attached to your pet’s collar in case they get separated from you while on walks or training sessions.
- Four levels of correction and a 9-mile operation range
- Comes with an automatic shut-off after 90 seconds of inactivity
- Comes with a built-in GPS location receiver
- No subscription fee
- A built-in bark sensor alerts you when your dog barks
- The battery life can be better
Review: Customers love this GPS dog collar because it is easy to use and has no monthly subscription. It is a great training tool for any size dog. The collar is waterproof and durable, with must-have features for training dogs. The Bluetooth tracker remote allows you to give commands up to 9 miles away, which is perfect if your dog goes off on their own.
Features: Interchangeable battery pack, health monitoring
Summary: The Whistle Switch is one of the smartest GPS dog collar products in the world, with a built-in GPS, activity tracker, and training tools. It’s also a one-stop shop for pet owners who want to keep tabs on their beloved pooch. It gives you real-time location tracking, activity monitoring, and advanced training tools for the ultimate peace of mind.
The built-in GPS lets you see where your dog is going or coming from when exploring or running errands. You can also set up geofences so you’ll get notified if your dog wanders too far away from home or takes an unexpected detour through an area you don’t want them to enter — like a neighbor’s yard or even a busy street corner.
- The GPS tracking device is accurate and reliable
- Tracks your dog’s health and fitness metrics
- Waterproof collar
- No monthly fee
- Location history, geofencing, and route planning
- No built-in camera
Review: Pet owners love this e-collar. It is a smart GPS dog collar with health fitness features. It tracks your pet’s location in real-time and sends you alerts if they go beyond the designated area. Whistle Switch can track them separately if you have more than one dog. The Whistle GO Explore notifies you when your pet leaves a designated safe space.
Features: Vibration or electric shock, Collar Receiver, Three vibration intensity
Summary: This Wireless Dog Fence is designed to be used in open fields or farms. The GPS dog collar has a transmitter that connects to an outlet and sends signals through the air. The receiver collar clips onto your dog’s neck, and it sends out messages whenever they get too close to the edge of a boundary.
The transmitter can send out signals up to 776 acres in size, so there’s plenty of room for your dog to run around without getting into trouble. The receiver collar can also be used for other pets besides dogs so that you can train them all at once.
- The tracking collar is rechargeable
- This fence has a built-in GPS and activity tracking
- You can add an unlimited number of collars
- The collar is waterproof
- Low power consumption design
- Only suitable for open field areas or farms
Review: With 4.5 stars rating out of 5, pet parents love this GPS dog collar with no yearly subscription. They say it is easy to use and set up and works great for keeping their dogs safe. They also like the fact that you can add additional collars if you have multiple dogs in your home. This is an excellent choice for anyone who needs a dog fence system to keep their pet in the yard but still allows them to roam freely during the day.
Features: Tractive GPS app
Summary: Tractive Waterproof GPS is a small, lightweight, robust GPS dog collar that your pet can wear around its neck. It has been designed to be waterproof and works in all weather conditions, even deep water. It also has an SOS button that your pet can press if it gets lost or needs help.
Tractive LTE Waterproof GPS uses a SIM card for communication via a cellular network and can send notifications about your dog’s location when you are far away from home. The app also allows you to set up “virtual fences” so that you know when your dog leaves a particular area.
- Very accurate, even on long runs
- Waterproof and can be worn in the rain
- Free map updates for life
- You can also set up geofences for your pet
- Compatible with Android and IOS
- Not ideal for small breed dogs
Review: Pet parents love this GPS dog collar because it gives them peace of mind when they’re away from their furry friends! It’s lightweight and waterproof, so there’s no need to worry about rain, snow, or other elements. It comes with a rechargeable battery lasting up to 24 hours on a single charge.
How do I Choose a GPS Collar for My Dog?
Before buying a GPS Collar, you must decide what essential features. The best way to determine which GPS collar is suitable for you is to consider the following:
- Distance. The first thing to consider is how far away you want your pet to be able to go before the signal cuts out. If your pet is small and likes to sneak off, choose a collar that will pick up their signals further away than if they’re larger and more likely to stay in your yard.
- Size. The size of the collar should be proportional to your dog’s size. For example, if your dog has a large head and neck, it is better to get a large collar that can accommodate all of their needs. On the other hand, smaller dogs may be able to use a smaller collar, but if they have larger heads or necks, a smaller one may not fit properly.
- Weight. The collar’s weight will also determine whether or not it will fit comfortably on your dog’s neck. You don’t want one that weighs too much as that can cause injury if left on for too long. Some collars come with additional weights so that they can be adjusted according to your needs.
- Waterproofing. Some collars can be used while wet, while others cannot. If you plan on taking your dog swimming or into water parks, ensure that the collar you choose is waterproof or water-resistant so it will not get damaged during these activities.
- Battery Life. This refers to how long the batteries will last before needing replacement or recharging after use. The battery life needs to be long enough to not run out during use and leave you without tracking data from your pet.
Should I Put a GPS Collar On My Dog?
Yes, a GPS device is the best way to keep track of your dog.
A GPS collar is the most effective way to keep track of your dog’s location. It works by using satellites in space to determine where your animal is and how quickly it’s moving.
The collar has a rechargeable battery that lasts for several days without needing to be plugged in, so you can take it on long trips without worrying about finding a place for an outlet.
GPS collars can also help you find lost pets more quickly than if you didn’t have one.
For example, if you’re out walking with your dog and he gets spooked by something or runs off toward the woods, you’ll be able to locate him more quickly than if he were wearing an ordinary collar that doesn’t allow you to see where he goes while he’s out of sight.
How Do You Train a Dog With a GPS Collar?
Training a dog with a GPS collar is not difficult, but it does require some planning. First, you’ll need to decide how far you want your dog to be able to roam and then choose the appropriate collar size.
Next, you’ll need to get your dog’s collar and ensure it fits properly. If necessary, adjust the collar size, so it doesn’t hang too loose or tight. The collar should fit comfortably around your dog’s neck but shouldn’t be too loose or tight. The battery life of most GPS collars can be anywhere from 3-14 days, depending on how much activity the collar detects.
Once you’ve set up your GPS collar, you can begin training your dog by letting her know that she needs to stay within a particular area (if you want her to stay inside). Then take her outside and reward her with treats when she comes back inside after being out for more than 5 minutes (or whatever time frame works best for you).
Once she’s gotten used to this routine, start increasing the amount of time she spends outside until she reaches the maximum amount of time you want her to wander freely around.
Then start rewarding her only when she comes back within 10 feet of the perimeter boundary. Once she’s gotten used to this routine, gradually increase the distance from which she has to be located before being rewarded.
Finally, once everything is fully trained, simply turn off the boundary function on your app and let your dog run free!
Is a GPS Dog Collar Worth It?
Yes, the GPS dog collar is worth it.
GPS dog collars are a great way to track your pet and keep them safe, especially if you live in a big city or travel often.
They’re also helpful for training since you can use the GPS to monitor your dog’s activity levels and ensure they don’t go on walks when they’re not supposed to.
And if you have an escape artist at home, a GPS collar can help you find your pup if he runs away from home or gets lost.