Best Heavy Duty Pooper Scoopers Summary
- Best Overall Heavy-Duty Pooper Scooper: ARM & HAMMER Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper
We like the overall design, ease of use, and durability of the heavy-duty pooper scooper.
- Best Budget Heavy-Duty Pooper Scooper: Balhvit Non-Breakable Pet Pooper Scooper for Dogs
We like the affordable price and cost-to-value ratio of this heavy-duty pooper scooper.
- Best Heavy-Duty Pooper Scooper For Walks: Nature’s Miracle Non-Stick Advanced Jaw Scoop
We like the portability of the heavy-duty pooper scooper and its suitability for walks.
- Best Heavy-Duty Pooper Scooper For Large Dogs: Pawler Dog Pooper Scooper
We like the rather sizeable capacity of the heavy-duty pooper scooper.
- Best Heavy-Duty Pooper Scooper with Long Handle: ROIUBPO Pooper Scooper
We like that the heavy-duty pooper scooper is long and easy on the user’s back and joints.
Why Buy a Heavy Duty Pooper Scooper?
The main reason for buying a heavy-duty dog poop scooper is durability. However, there are some additional benefits as well. Here is a more detailed list of the benefits of getting a heavy-duty pooper scooper:
- Durability and efficacy. A truly heavy-duty pooper scoop should be able to last through months or even years of constant usage.
- User-friendly performance. Imagine having to bend and pick up after your dog every time it does its business. A pooper scooper saves you the trouble.
- Long-term investment. It may seem like purchasing a heavy-duty scoop is more costly, but it actually saves you money long-term.
Pooper scoops operate in a variety of environments and a heavy-duty scoop should be able to thrive in all of them. Scoops work on surfaces like grass, gravel, asphalt, and tarmac, all of which can exert intense wear on a scoop. Choosing a heavy-duty scoop gives peace of mind during cleanup.
All dog owners should ideally get a heavy duty pooper scooper, but it is even more beneficial to those who have multiple pets or those with large dogs. In other words, owners who scoop more frequently. More use means more wear which means an increased need for a stronger device.
The Best Heavy Duty Pooper Scoopers Reviewed
Below are what we believe to be the best heavy duty pooper scooper products on the market.
Summary: This rake set from Petmate comes with a sturdy rake and tray to make pet waste removal a breeze. The tray is not the typical spade but is rather a swivel bin into which you can scoop your dog’s poop. The plastic material is very thick and high-quality, and the size of the bin is large enough to suit even large dogs. Even more, this scooper can be used with bags to minimize the hassle of disposing of the poop after collection.
- Large enough for large dogs
- No bending since the pole is very long (32 inches)
- Lightweight (1.5 lbs)
- Fits waste bags and common plastic bags
- The scoop also comes with two bags
- Works on most surfaces, including gravel, grass, and pavements
- Requires two hands to operate
Review: The Arm & Hammer remains popular among dog owners mostly because of its unique easy to use design. Dog parents love that it is compatible with most bags and doesn’t require special ones to work. Many are pleasantly surprised at how sturdy yet lightweight the scooper is.
Summary: This poop picker is ideal for dog owners that love to take walks with their dogs. It has a rubber grip that makes it easy to use with just one hand. The scoop is made with thick ABS plastic that is durable and easy to clean. The teeth of the jaws make pick up on any surface easy. The scoop is foldable to save space during storage or travel.
- Foldable for convenient storage and portability
- Compatible with dog poop bags and regular grocery bags
- Require one hand to operate
- Large capacity suitable for large dogs
- Usable on all common surfaces like concrete and grass
- May require some level of bedding for tall dog owners since it is only 24 inches
Review: Fans of the Balhvit say that it provides great value especially considering that it is a durable, heavy-duty scooper. They report that the scooper truly makes waste management much easier, especially if you attach a waste bag to it.
Summary: Another favorite that operates with just one hand is the Nature’s Miracle scoop from pet supply company Nature’s Miracle. The ergonomic design of the scoop makes it very functional yet very easy to use as well. It has a comfort grip that makes it very comfortable to hold with just one hand. The scoop comes in two sizes medium and jumbo.
- Requires one hand to operate
- Available in two sizes: medium and jumbo
- Works on all surfaces
- Slightly uncomfortable for individuals with smaller hands
Review: This scooper has nearly 20,000 reviews on Amazon, and most of them love the product. Customers appreciate how easy the scoop is to use on walks and how well-built the construction is. Many compare it to past scoopers and say that it lasts three times as long or even longer.
Summary: This rake and spade set is perfect for dog owners with large dogs that poop all over the backyard. The set comes with two components: a metal rake and a metal tray. The scooper is multifunctional, so you can use it for pet poop and other forms of waste like grass, debris, or leaves. The metallic material is very durable and is rust-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning with water.
- The metal components of the scooper are rust-proof
- Long handles, so you don’t have to bend
- Large tray suitable for large breed dogs or multiple dogs
- Easy to assemble
- Not compatible with regular pet waste bags or grocery bags
- Requires two hands to operate
Review: The Pawler Scooper is very popular among customers for its easy assembly and durable build. Many buyers report having bought many scoopers before settling with this one finally. Most agree that the scooper is one of the few that match up to the heavy-duty description.
Summary: This scooper set comes with not two but three components: a rake, a tray, and a spade. The spade is intended for use on flat surfaces like concrete, especially for less solid poop that might be hard to scoop with a rake. The rake has an adjustable long handle that can reach up to 42 inches. All the components of the scoop are made with aluminum metal and stainless steel for maximum durability.
- Comes with a spade for collecting poop on flat surfaces
- Comes in two sizes: medium and large
- Long aluminum handle that can go up to 42 inches
- Works on multiple surfaces
- Easy to assemble
- Not compatible with dog poop bags
Review: Customers of this unique scooper set absolutely love it. They say that the scooper is very easy to put together, easy to use, and very easy to clean after cleanup up duty. They also say that the scoop is very durable and definitely heavy-duty.
What is the Most Durable Pooper Scooper?
The ARM & HAMMER Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper is the most durable scooper. It is made from metal which is sturdier and therefore more durable. The stainless steel and aluminum metal is rust-resistant and is therefore protected from water damage when cleaning.
In addition to its strong build, this heavy duty pooper scooper also doesn’t have any moving parts, which further protects it from constant wear. Scoops that have to open and close or swivel are prone to more wear as you repeatedly operate them over the years.
In addition to durability, the poop scoop ticks all the other qualities of a good scoop, including:
- Size. A heavy duty pooper scooper should be big enough to meet the needs of your dog(s). Larger dogs like Golden Retrievers and Boxers generally require bigger scoops than small dogs like Pugs and Pekingese dogs. However, owners of multiple small dogs might also need a bigger scoop so they can scoop more poo in one go.
- Handle length. If you prefer to stand upright while you pick up your dog’s poop, you will have to choose a heavy duty pooper scooper with a long enough handle to support that. If you are very tall, be sure to look out for long handles over 30 inches, as regular handles may still require you to stoop a little bit.
- Weight. To use a heavy duty pooper scooper, you have to carry it from one place to another. You should therefore get one that is comfortable to carry around your yard and on walks.
- Assembly. Get a heavy duty pooper scooper that requires no special tools or expertise to assemble to minimize the burden on yourself while setting it up. If possible, get one that requires almost no assembly at all.
- Operation. Depending on your needs and preferences, different styles of operation will work or not work for you. Dog owners who walk with multiple dogs may prefer to use scoops that only require one hand to operate, so they don’t have to let go of the leash. On the other hand, those who only have to scoop around their backyard may prefer a rake since it can scoop leaves as well.
- Easy cleanup. Scoops need regular cleaning considering the nature of their job. A good scoop should be able to withstand constant water contact without rusting or becoming otherwise damaged.
How Long do Pooper Scoopers Last?
A heavy duty pooper scooper can last years if well taken care of. How long a heavy duty pooper scooper lasts really depends on the quality of the scooper and how well it is maintained. In general, a heavy-duty pooper scooper will last longer due to its stronger build. Scoopers that work less will also last longer due to the minimal level of wear.
One way to elongate your scooper life is by using poop bags when collecting dog waste. This way, the scoop stays clean and requires minimal cleaning after use. Another way is to store it properly, preferably indoors, to protect it from the elements.
In some cases, particularly with destructive dogs, a scooper may not last as long despite being heavy-duty and well maintained. If you have a destructive dog, it is best to store your heavy duty pooper scooper away to protect it from potential damage.