Honest Paws CBD Oils come in potencies of 125mg, 250mg, 500mg, and 1000mg.
So what is the difference between each potency level apart from milligram amount, and are there benefits to selecting a product with a higher potency?
First, let’s discuss the differences between each potency level.
What’s important to know is that all of our CBD oils come in the same volume: 30mL bottles. In other words, you’ll always get the same amount of oil.
The only thing that changes as you go from one potency level to another is the amount of CBD per bottle.
Here is a breakdown of the amount of CBD per potency level, which is based on the weight of your pet:
- Our CBD Oil for small dogs (under 25lbs) contains 125mg of CBD. Each full dropper from this bottle (1mL) will contain 4 mg of CBD.
- Our CBD oil for medium dogs (25-50lbs) contains 250mg of CBD. Each full dropper from this bottle (1mL) will contain 8mg of CBD.
- Our CBD oil for large dogs (over 50lbs) contains 500mg of CBD. Each full dropper from this bottle (1mL) will contain 16mg of CBD.
- Our CBD oil for extra strength needs contains 1000mg of CBD. Each full dropper from this bottle (1mL) will contain 33mg of CBD.
We recommend choosing a potency level based on your dog’s weight and then giving your dog one full dropper (1mL) per day. Following these guidelines, your CBD oil will be enough for a 30-day supply.
There may be special cases when you want to offer your dog a stronger dose based on their current needs. Some pet parents, for instance, will double the daily dose (1mL in the morning, 1 mL in the evening, with each dose being 8-12 hours apart) to help their dog deal with discomfort or other conditions.
Whatever the case, it’s strongly recommended that you start your dog on CBD in small increments and slowly work your way up to a dosage that’s comfortable for them. You know your pet better than anyone else, so closely observe their behavior as you’re first introducing CBD, and scale back (or increase) your dosing as needed.
Is A Higher Potency Level Right for My Dog?
Now let’s discuss the benefits of a higher potency level.
There are two main reasons why pet parents tend to opt for a higher potency level for their dog or cat:
- It’s significantly more cost-effective
- It provides their pet with a stronger potency of CBD, which can be great for special cases
For example, the 125mg potency level of Wellness CBD Oil for Dogs is $39.95. Essentially, you’ll pay $39.95 for a 30-day supply of CBD, with your small dog receiving 4mg of CBD per day.
However, the 250mg potency level of the same CBD oil is only $49.95. This means you’ll pay $49.95 for a 60-day supply of CBD, since each full dropper from this bottle (1mL) contains 8mg of CBD—double the amount! Essentially, for just $10 more, you’re getting an extra month of use out of the CBD! (When administrating the CBD, you would simply give your small dog half a dropper, 0.5 mL, instead of the full dropper, in order to meet their 4mg dose).
The savings increase as you go higher up on the potency scale, with savings in some cases being as high as 50%!
For many, adding CBD oil to their dog’s healthcare regimen is meant to be a long-term addition, so opting for higher potency levels no matter your dog’s size gives you the best bang for your buck.
Another reason pet parents opt for higher potency levels, though, is to provide their dog with an ‘extra-strength’ dose of CBD (while still saving significant amounts of money in the long-run).
For instance, a dog dealing with an injury or with post-surgery discomfort may benefit from an extra-strength administration of CBD. Dogs requiring support with their mobility and who might be experiencing joint stiffness associated from normal aging may also benefit from a stronger potency of CBD.
Again, it’s all about slowly introducing CBD into your dog’s routine and observing them closely to see what works best for their specific case. You always want to strike the perfect balance between what keeps them both happy and healthy while also supporting their needs.
The Best CBD Oil for Pets: Why Honest Paws is Top Dog
CBD is arguably the most popular holistic supplement on the market today.
Sadly, with the growing rise in demand, companies are virtually popping up overnight and cutting corners to get their product out as quickly as possible.
In other words: not all CBD is created equally.
In light of this, we strongly encourage pet parents to do their homework when it comes to purchasing a CBD product.
Here are just a few things to look out for:
- Make sure that the CBD comes from a respected, reputable company that’s in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.
- The CBD should be organic, non-GMO, soy free, 100% natural, full spectrum, and human grade. It should also be made from the hemp plant (not the marijuana plant).
- Only select CBD products for your pet that are certified with the NASC. Companies with a certification from the NASC (National Animal Supplement Council) undergo rigorous quality audits to ensure they’re meeting the highest current standards in the animal health product industry. Purchasing CBD from an NASC-compliant company ensures you’re doing business with a company that is both ethical and 100% dedicated to providing you with safe and high-standard products. This is significant, considering the alarming number of CBD products on the market today that actually contain ZERO CBD, according to a recent study.
- Finally, only purchase CBD that has been lab tested to ensure quality and safety. The company you do business with should be able to furnish you with a certificate of analysis (COA) upon request, which is a laboratory report of the product’s chemical make-up. This allows you to make sure that the THC levels in the product are low enough to not affect your canine friend. (THC stands for “n” and is the compound responsible for psychoactive effects
Here at Honest Paws, we’re completely transparent about what goes into our CBD products.
We use 100% pure full spectrum CBD hemp oil from hemp plants cultivated in Colorado. Made in the USA and thoroughly lab tested, we guarantee the quality of our products.
Our CBD products are human grade, organic, 100% natural, and completely vegan. Additionally, they’re non-GMO, soy free, dairy free, corn free, and gluten free as well!
And we’re extremely proud to be certified with the National Animal Supplement Council for all our products. The organization came into existence when it was clear that no one was regulating the animal supplement industry.
We know your animal companion is a part of your family, though, and should only receive the best quality when it comes to health and wellness. Our NASC certification is part of our dedication to ensuring we only provide you with the safest and highest standard of products.
Not many companies can say the same about their products!
We invite you to explore our entire collection of CBD products here, which are available across four unique condition-specific lines: Calm, Mobility, Relief, and Wellness.
And remember: if you have any questions, we pride ourselves on our world-class customer service. We’re here to answer any questions you have and are always happy to help you decide on the right CBD for your pup! You can email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 1-844-729-7790.