Table of Contents
What Is the Best Igloo Dog House?
- Best Overall Igloo Dog House: Petmate Indigo Dog House All-Weather Protection
This dog igloos is third-party tested and shown to handle up to 1,500 lbs on the roof, and it is made of 90% recycled material.
- Best Outdoor Igloo Dog House: Petmate Igloo Dog House for Dogs Up to 90 Pounds
The foam plastic this dog house is made with is a great insulator, and the dome shape protects pets from outdoor elements.
- Best Igloo Dog House for Small Dogs: Barelove Store Portable Sofa Non-Slip Dog Igloo Bed
Affordable and available in several colors, this igloo-style dog house is great for dogs under 15 pounds.
- Best Multipurpose Igloo Dog House: ANPPEX Portable Igloo Dog House with Removable Cushion
The cushion in this house is removable to provide pets with a pillow, and the roof is collapsible to give them a regular dog bed.
- Best Igloo Dog House for Traveling: Haresle Waterproof Portable Igloo Dog House with Removable Cushion
Featuring a waterproof bottom and a removable cushion, this dog house is great for traveling in a car or staying overnight somewhere with your pet.
- IGLOO DOG HOUSE: This heavy duty dog house for large dogs provides insulation in hot & cold weather, & an offset doorway that shields pets from rain. The roof has vents on the top of the house to circulate fresh air.
- LARGE DOG HOUSE: The raised floors & side moats of the outdoor pet house drains water & keeps pets dry. Naturally sheds snow and debris from the top
- KENNELS & HOUSES: Crate & kennel training is vital for dog safety & comfort. We provide traditional travel carriers, wire training & exercise kennels, play pens, barn-style dog houses & more.
Are Igloo Dog Houses Good?
Yes, the igloo dog house is good.
Are Igloo Dog Houses Safe for Dogs?
Yes, the igloo dog house is safe.
The rounded roof provides plenty of structural strength for protection from falling objects and snow buildup. Domes are also great for withstanding high wind as the air flows right around the curved edges of the building.
Do Igloo Dog Houses Keep Dogs Warm?
No, igloo dog houses do not necessarily keep a dog warm. Heaters can be used inside a dog house if the house is big enough, and this can keep the dog warm.
What Are the Benefits of Igloo Dog Houses?
Sturdy structure, protection, and warmth are the main benefits of the igloo dog house. Here is a closer look at them:
- Structural Strength. The strength of the igloo is well known, and an igloo dog house is one of the strongest dog house designs on the market, with some being able to withstand over 1,000 pounds on top.
- Protection. Many igloo-style dog houses have an offset door that provides protection from the wind and rain by giving the dog a space to lay down that isn’t directly in front of the door. The strength of the structure also protects against falling objects such as branches or hail.
- Warmth. By providing the dog a place to get out of the wind, you are providing them a place to keep warm. However, it is recommended you insulate the dog house if your dog is outside for long periods at a time.
The Best Igloo Dog Houses Reviewed
Before clicking checkout on an igloo dog house, consider these best-sellers that are in stock on Amazon.
Summary: This large dog house is taupe in color and capable of housing dogs up to 125 lbs. and is made of 90% recycled materials. The shape of the house provides insulation from hot and cold weather, and an offset doorway shields pets from rain.
This igloo dog house features side motes for water runoff and raised floors to keep pets dry and comfortable. It is made in the USA with premium blended plastic for the best weatherproofing & security possible.
Best For: Dogs of all sizes
Features: Raised floor; Offset doorway; Large size; Side motes
Dimension: 43.8″ x 34″ x 25.8″
Material: Blended plastic
- The igloo shape is very durable
- Suitable for dogs up to 125 lbs
- Made in the USA with 90% recycled materials
- Weatherproof design
- Capable of handling up to 1,500 pounds stacked on top of it
- A bit pricey
Review: Over 80% of total ratings are positive, with the most common compliment being the build and construction. Dog owners were happy to find a sturdy dog house for their large and extra large dogs, as well as being happy they can provide an insulated dog house for their dogs, who spend most of their time outdoors.
Critical reviews say the sizing is inaccurate, and the product was damaged when they received it in the mail.
Summary: This heavy-duty outdoor dog house is made from structural foam plastic that helps to insulate against cold and warm weather. The leak-resistant design and elevated floor help to keep pets dry and clean, while the offset doorway offers privacy and protection from wind and rain.
The natural geometric shape provides a great deal of protection against falling objects, and the large rear vents ensure continual airflow. It is made in the USA to provide your dog with the best protection against the elements.
Best For: Dogs up to 90 lbs
Features: Leak resistant; Elevated floor; Heavy rear ventilation
Dimension: 33.5” x 33.2” x 26”
Material: Foam plastic
- Assembly requires only one screwdriver
- The offset doorway protects against wind
- Elevated floor and leak-resistant built
- Large vents for great air circulation
- Made in the USA
- The sizing may be inaccurate on the site
Review: Dog owners were largely impressed with this dog kennel. They say it works great at protecting their dogs from the elements while also providing them a safe place to call their own. Their dogs like the space, and their owners were happy with that.
There were two common complaints, however. One complaint was the size was inaccurate, and the other was damage incurred during shipping.
Summary: The anti-skid bottom on this igloo dog crate provides a secure footing on the floor, while the handle offers ease of moving and transport. It is suitable for small dogs and features a zipper that, when unzipped, allows the house to be folded down into a regular dog bed.
The removable dog bed and pillow are washable, and the material is chew resistant. It is made of durable oxford fabric and is available in several colors and patterns.
Best For: Small dogs
Features: Non-slip bottom; Folds into a regular dog bed; Machine washable
Dimension: 13.77″ x 17.71″ x 12.59″
- Available in multiple colors and patterns
- Folds down into a regular pet bed
- Includes pet pillows
- Machine washable
- Non-clip oxford cloth bottom
- Made for small dogs only
Review: Owners of small-breed dogs were happy with this dogloo. They enjoyed the patterns available to them, and their dogs liked having a comfy place they could call their own.
Unhappy buyers were disappointed by the stitching and said it does not retain its shape.
Summary: This high-quality fabric dogloo is great for tiny and small breed dogs, cats, and rabbits. The roof is collapsable into a regular pet bed, and the house has a removable cushion to provide optimal comfort.
The thick padded sides and floor offer insulation that keeps body heat in to give pets a warm and cozy place to retreat. It is made in several patterns and colors to appeal to any pet owner and is machine washable for easy maintenance.
Best For: Small dogs
Features: Non-slip bottom; Insulated; Removable cushion; Multiple patterns
Dimension: 17.72″ x 17.72″ x 23.62″
- Machine washable
- Non-slip bottom
- Foldable roof
- Multiple sizes
- Best suited for small dogs only
Review: Reviews were mixed with this doghouse. Just over 55% of total reviews were 5 stars, which is low for a high-selling product on Amazon. Those who liked the house had pets that enjoyed the house and used it as their hideaway from the world. They were happy with the quality and the multi-function roof that folds down into a pet bed.
One and two-star reviews made up over 20% of total ratings. Dissatisfied customers accused this product of being a “cheap knockoff” and said the design was not sturdy at all. Some even called it “flimsy.”
Summary: The thick padded sides and cushion are great for pets to burrow into and relax. It features a roof that collapses into a regular dog bed, and it can be folded flat for easy traveling.
This igloo dog house has a waterproof bottom that won’t move, so traveling is even easier and safer with this house. It is made for small pets and is available in various sizes to comfortably fit animals up to 15 pounds.
Best For: Small dogs and cats
Features: Very thick cushion; Waterproof bottom
Dimension: 17.72” x 13.78” x 13.78”; 23.62” x 17.72” x 17.72”
- Thick cushion for comfort and warmth
- Waterproof bottom
- Collapses into a regular bed
- Folds flat for travel
- Support burrowing instincts
- Not meant for large or x-large dogs
- The cushion is vacuum packed for shipping and may take several days to regain its shape and volume
Review: Many satisfied buyers said they liked the pattern and design of the house. They liked that they could fold it down into a regular bed for their pet and the waterproof bottom was a bonus for them.
Disappointed customers did not like the sag in the middle of the roof of the larger size and said it wasn’t as big as they thought it would be. Overall, the most common irritation buyers had was with the quality.
What Should I Look for in an Igloo Dog House?
When shopping for an igloo dog house, consider the following features:
- Material. Most igloo dog houses will be made of plastic. Things like wood for wood dog houses cannot easily be used to create the dome shape, but not all plastic is created equal. You want something that is UV-ray resistant and fade-proof.
- Door. Most igloo dog houses have offset doorways, and this helps to protect against wind and rain. If you live in a harsh climate, then a door flap may be necessary to keep more of the elements out.
- Floor. Most igloo dog houses have a raised edge at the doorway that prevents water and dirt from getting into the house. Look for something with protection against the elements, such as a raised edge or elevated floor. This keeps the dog off the ground and away from moisture, dirt, and cold.
- Size. A dog house should be large enough to allow the dog to comfortably stand, sit, and turn around. If the dog spends a lot of its time outside, then space for dog food may be a good idea. Additionally, if you plan to insulate the interior, remember to account for that in the estimated size.
- Insulation. Most igloo dog houses do not come insulated, but this can be easily added later. If no insulation is provided, a heated dog bed or dog house heater can do the trick.