What are the Best Joint Supplements for Dogs?
- Best Overall Joint Supplements for Dogs: Honest Paws Green Lipped Mussel Joint Powder
This is our top pick when it comes to joint supplements for dogs as it provides complete and balanced healing for painful joints.
- Most Effective Joint Supplements for Dogs: Honest Paws Mobility CBD Oil for Dogs
Thanks to the constituent ingredients, this joint supplement is highly effective and helps improve your dog’s joint health.
- Most Delicious Joint Supplements for Dogs: Honest Paws Mobility Soft Chews
These delicious chews provide your dog with beneficial nutrients such as Omega-3 fatty acids that heal joints and help build immunity.
- Most Impactful Joint Supplements for Dogs: Petlab Co. Joint Care Chews
Made with a special formula, this joint supplement for dogs offers all-rounded protection against joint problems.
- Best Supportive Joint Supplements for Dogs: Vets Preferred Glucosamine Joint Support
If you are looking for a great supportive joint supplement for dogs, this product is exactly what you need.
- Most Affordable Joint Supplements for Dogs: Vets Preferred Hemp Mobility Chews for Dogs
If you are tight on budget, this joint supplement for dogs is easy on the pocket but still packs a great punch in terms of health.
- Most Healthy Joint Supplements for Dogs: PetHonesty Advanced Hip & Joint Dog Joint Supplement
With quality ingredients, this dog joint supplement provides an anti-inflammatory solution to your dog’s joint problems.
- This bacon popcorn flavored Honest Paws Joint Powder uses a blend of ingredients that focus on all-encompassing joint health and support.
- It works to maintain joint mobility, improve cartilage development, and enhance overall bone and joint health.
- Green lipped mussel extract contains a nutrient-rich blend of natural proteins, minerals and omega fatty acids.
Do Dog Joint Supplements Really Work?
Yes, joint supplements for dogs work.
As your canine friend ages, it’s not uncommon for them to experience joint problems. Pet parents of older dogs may also notice that their canine develops arthritis, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This is where trying a joint supplement with natural active ingredients can make all the difference for Daisy or Dexter.
If you have a friend or family member who suffers from osteoarthritis, you may already have heard of glucosamine. It’s a common joint supplement that people use to alleviate pain and inflammation due to the breakdown of joint cartilage.
Glucosamine can be helpful for your dog too, but it’s only one of many natural joint supplements available. Read on, and we’ll explore the best joint supplements for dogs to promote the health and well-being of your pet.
With a bit of knowledge, you can locate a good joint support product for your pet to enjoy life with less pain as they age. Several products made by reputed brands such as Honest Paws, Naturvet, and Zesty Paws offer joint support to your dog.
What are the Benefits of Joint Supplements for Dogs?
All pet owners are determined to give their canine friends the best quality of life possible. For senior dogs especially, good joint care is an important component of keeping them thriving.
Your furry friend offers so much love and companionship that you want to have that relationship for as long as you can. Here are the ways joint supplements for dogs can assist your dog.
Here are some of the benefits of joint supplements for dogs:
- Strengthen a Dog’s Immune System. Just like ours, a dog’s immune system plays a crucial role in fighting infection and disease and supporting general health and well-being. Joint supplements contain anti-inflammatory compounds and other nutrients and vitamins that work to strengthen the immune system. Many also are antioxidants that provide further assistance.
- Support Dog Organ Health. Joint supplements containing omega-fatty acids are advantageous for optimal heart health and kidney function. When your doggo has a strong heart and their other organs are in good working condition, it positively impacts their overall health.
- Keep a Dog’s Coat and Skin Healthy. Your Buddy or Bella likely has a lovely shiny coat and healthy skin. One way to promote skin and coat health is to give them joint supplements that contain helpful minerals and vitamins. It’s no fun for them when they’re afflicted with itchy skin or a coat that’s dull and shedding a lot.
- Provide Dogs an Energy Boost. Basically, pain zaps energy. If you’ve experienced pain, you can relate. Your best friend isn’t going to feel like going for a run or even a walk when they’re in pain. Joint supplements for your dog will help relieve their discomfort and restore their normal energy level.
The Best Joint Supplements for Dogs Reviewed
There is an array of joint supplements for dogs on the market – from CBD oils to Green Lipped Mussel powders to MSM soft chews. Here is a closer look at the best joint supplement you can find on Amazon and Chewy.
Summary: This product helps maintain your dog’s joints, ligaments, and hips through all life stages. It also improves mobility regardless of your dog’s age. It helps keep joint disease at bay thanks to its specially formulated ingredients. This joint health supplement is excellent for both large and small dogs. Additionally, this is a top-rated product because of its pain relief features and the ability to build your pet’s health.
- Helping maintain joint mobility
- Enhancing bone and joint health
- Promoting cartilage development
- Filled with omega-3 fatty acids
- Supports heart health
- The product could have better packaging
Reviews: This is an excellent joint supplements for dogs product thanks to its healing properties. It also helps improve your dog’s quality of life.
Summary: This full-spectrum hemp with naturally occurring CBD can help enhance your dog’s joints and connective tissue function. It also contains other beneficial ingredients, such as turmeric, that offer anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, your dog does not feel any discomfort in their daily activities, which tends to happen as your dogs age. It is suitable for both small and large dogs.
- Free of GMOs, soy, corn, and contaminants
- Third-party tested for purity and potency
- Contains compounds with medicinal properties
- Formulated with US-sourced organic turmeric
- Relieves occasional joint stiffness
- The dropper should have measurement markings
Reviews: This product not only helps with your dog’s joint health it also relieves joint pain. The CBD is efficient in reducing inflammation.
Summary: These chewable tablets made with a soft texture help with your dog’s stiff joints and improve their mobility. This product can offer support if your dog has problems moving around the house or doing their daily activities. This product is also third-party tested for purity and potency. And with the touch of poultry flavor, we think they’ll love the taste too. This product is made in the USA.
- Made with organic full-spectrum hemp oils
- Contains naturally sourced ingredients
- Helps with cartilage function
- Improves bone function and mobility
- Provides joint support for added benefits
- Might be a bit expensive for some pet owners
Reviews: If you are looking for a product that improves joint health and promotes overall well-being, this is exactly what you need.
Summary: This product helps ease everyday joint stiffness in your dogs and supports joint structure for dogs at any stage of life. It contains beneficial ingredients such as Green-Lipped Mussels, Salmon Oil, and Glucosamine that not only provides joint support but also helps reduce inflammation in their muscles overall. This improves the quality of life of your furry friend by a significant margin.
- Designed to support joint health and comfort
- Supports cartilage development
- Maintains joint flexibility
- Delicious pork flavor
- Assists mobility & strength for active lifestyles
- Might be a bit expensive for some pet owners
Reviews: This product is packed with powerful supplements and provides support for occasional joint stiffness & discomfort.
Summary: This is the perfect supplement for puppies and growing dogs under the age of 1 year. It contains the required nutrition that helps promote healthy joints. This product will ensure that your pup will grow up to have strong bones and joints. It also contains naturally sourced glucosamine and is of the highest quality. With a delicious chicken flavor, you can be sure that your dog will love this product.
- Easy to digest and absorb
- Has a great flavor
- Made in the USA
- Offers pain relief from joint pain
- Perfect for pups with a sensitive stomach
- Might be difficult to administer the product
Reviews: This supplement supports healthy hips and joints in pups. It also helps relieve the symptoms of joint pain from arthritis and hip dysplasia.
Summary: This product is produced in a GMP-certified facility under strict supervision and thus ensures optimum quality and safety. Even if your dog is a picky eater, you can be sure that they will love the taste of these chews. Additionally, the chews can also be used as treats, especially for senior dogs. It comprises essential fatty acids, hemp, and Boswellia Serrata Powder for ultimate joint support.
- Helps ease your pet’s discomfort
- Improves collagen synthesis
- Helps regenerate the connective tissue
- Soothes the existing inflammations
- Improves energy, mobility, and overall flexibility
- The scent might not suit some dogs
Reviews: These chews have a poultry flavor and smell that some dogs might not like. Additionally, they are easy to eat and have a great texture.
Summary: This product contains glucosamine, MSM, and other powerful all-natural ingredients like turmeric that improve joint health and reduce inflammation. This supplement offers higher concentrations of active ingredients than other competitor brands giving better results. These dog chews are made in the USA with the premium-grade US and globally sourced ingredients derived from natural sources.
- Promotes a healthy inflammatory response
- Supports bone and joint health
- Supports cartilage and connective tissue development
- Derived from natural sources like organic turmeric
- Helps ease joint stiffness
- The product might be too potent for some dogs
Reviews: This product contains no harsh preservatives, corn, soy, GMOs, or chemical ingredients. It is also affordable and highly effective.
What is the Best Thing for Dog’s Joints?
Truly, there’s an endless number of joint supplements for dogs to choose from. Many have human-grade ingredients. Some dog treats are prepared as soft chews, while others are in liquid form that you can add to the dog food.
Here are the best joint supplements for dogs and what we can tell you about them.
- CBD for Dog Joints. Cannabis plants contain active ingredients called cannabinoids (CBDs). CBD oil for pets supports healthy bones and joints, and mobility in older dogs. In fact, here at Honest Paws, it’s been our extreme pleasure to hear about all the fantastic ways pet parents have used our CBD to help their dogs walk again, climb the stairs again, run again, play again, and more.
- Turmeric for Dog Joints. Another natural ingredient that assists with joint health is turmeric. It’s effective in supporting a healthy inflammatory response in the body, which can help with discomfort and also support healthy joints and connective tissue. Naturally, this can improve your dog’s range of motion. In addition, it provides antioxidant support, which assists the immune system in older dogs.
- Green Lipped Mussel for Dog Joints. Have you heard of the green-lipped mussel as a joint supplement ingredient? The omega-3 fatty acids found in the green-lipped mussel support joint health in dogs.
- Boswellia Serrata for Dog Joints. This is a resin extracted from the tree of the same name. It promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the body and supports joint health and mobility. According to a 2004 research trial, it has been shown to reduce the severity of osteoarthritis in canines as well. Interestingly, Boswellia serrata is, known as Indian frankincense, often used in churches.
- Eggshell Membrane for Dog Joints. Eggshell membranes feature a high amount of collagen, chondroitin, glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, and amino acids. You can buy soft chews for dogs that include an eggshell membrane.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Dog Joints. As well as joint care, omegas help the kidneys, heart, and immune system function better. Interestingly, according to a study, dogs on carprofen (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, or NSAID) for pain who received omega-3 fatty acids needed lesser doses of the medication. Fish oil is the best source of omega-fatty acids.
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride for Dog Joints. This ingredient helps stimulate cartilage cell growth. This is because the substance is one of the building blocks of cartilage. When combined with chondroitin, glucosamine hydrochloride is even better for joint care.
- Methylsulfonylmethane for Dog Joints. Methylsulfonylmethane, or MSM, is available for dogs to address joint health and relieve stiffness. Like certain other natural substances, MSM is sometimes found in dog food. With its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant features, MSM is undoubtedly worth considering.
- Chondroitin Sulfate for Dog Joints. As a joint supplement for dogs, chondroitin sulfate can protect your pet from enzymes that can potentially destroy connective tissue such as cartilage. Chondroitin sulfate is more effective when it’s given together with glucosamine. This is why you’re likely to see glucosamine combined with chondroitin in a single substance called glucosamine chondroitin.
- Hyaluronic Acid. Since the 1970s, hyaluronic acid has been a standard treatment for joint issues in animals. It is effective for canines with osteoarthritis as a consequence of hip dysplasia. Therefore, pet parents of large breed dogs that are genetically more prone to this may want to pay special attention to this joint supplement for dogs.
How do I Choose a Joint Supplement for My Dog?
When selecting the best joint supplements for dogs, there are certain things to look for. This is what you need to be mindful of for a product that delivers good joint care.
- Ingredients. In terms of ingredients, there are some you want to see on the product label of joint supplements for dogs and others that you don’t. Look for joint supplements for dogs with several of the above-explained active ingredients.
- Safety. As mentioned, there are certain ingredients that you don’t want to find in joint supplements for dogs. Scan the label for grain, soy, preservatives, artificial flavors, or artificial colors.
- Ease of Administration. Search for a product that’s easy to give. Sometimes getting them to try something new is all about the presentation, never mind the taste. Dog treats are always welcome, and some products come in the form of soft chews. Other joint supplements for dogs are in tablets or liquid that you can add to their food and may even have an appealing chicken flavor.
- Certifications. Find out if what you’re preparing to purchase is certified by the NASC or National Animal Supplement Council. This is critical. You’ll want the assurance that joint supplements for dogs have received the NASC’s stamp of approval and the ingredients are safe.
- Number of Reviews. If you’re like most people, you’re no stranger to searching for what other customers have said about a product. This is where you can learn what people liked and didn’t like and note any potential issues before buying joint supplements for dogs.
When Should You Give Your Dog Joint Supplements?
This is a judgment call for pet owners and could depend on the age of the canine, breed, and overall joint health.
Older dogs generally benefit more from supplements, but you don’t necessarily want to wait for problems to appear since the active ingredients can have a protective effect on joint health.
If you are unsure when to start using joint supplements for dogs, talk to your trusted vet.
- Helps ease everyday joint stiffness and support joint structure for dogs at any stage of life
- Contains a powerful mobility-supporting formula that includes green-lipped mussels, omega 3, and glucosamine for dogs
- Highly palatable and easy to use
- Made using high-quality ingredients from the US and prime locations worldwide
- Supports a healthy, active, and comfortable life for your dog
How can I Strengthen My Dog’s Joints?
There are several ways by which you can improve your dog’s joints overall.
- Exercise. Frequent exercises will keep your dog healthy and maintain a good level of cartilage health. This helps to prevent problems related to joints and bones.
- Diet. Never underestimate the power of a good diet. Diet can provide the nutrition that your dog needs to sustain itself. They also promote overall healing and keep your dog happy.
- Hydration. You must ensure that your dog has enough water throughout the day. This will keep their digestive system functioning well and promote healing. It also helps lubricate their joints and keep them healthy.