As a pet owner, one of the most important things you want to focus on is giving your furbaby the right food with the best ingredients. To make sure they are healthy and happy, it’s always a great choice to look for dog food that is rich in a certain vitamin, has a natural balance, plenty of probiotics, and more. Sounds expensive, and it can be! But that’s why you should take a look at Kirkland dog food.
If you are like other pet owners then you might like to purchase your pet food in bulk or a big bag. The Kirkland brand is not just inexpensive, but it’s a great quality food for your pooch.
Table of Contents
Costco for Pets! What is Kirkland Dog Food?
Kirkland dog food is a brand name that is sold at the popular store, Costco. The Kirkland brand dog food formulas meet all of the required nutrient profiles for dogs at all stages of life. They also include a wide variety of ingredients and do not use any dog food fillers such as wheat, soy, or corn. Their ingredients include protein sources such as lamb and lamb meal, as well as fish meal, chicken, chicken meal, rice vegetable, and more.
Who makes Kirkland dog food?
Kirkland dog food is manufactured by Diamond Pet Food and has an excellent name amongst breeders and pet owners.
A Yummy Topper! Kirkland canned dog food
While a lot of pet owners prefer to purchase Kirkland dry dog food as it caters for a range of different ages, such as puppy food, different sizes, and even weight management (calorie kcal), canned dog food is still an option.
Kirkland canned dog food comes in two different product lines:
Kirkland Dog Food Formulas
One of the best things about Kirkland dog food is that it comes in a range of different formulas from Kirkland mature dog food to puppy food. Here are some of their signature formulas voted by other pet owners.
- Kirkland Signature Adult Formula arimidex cycle length arimidex pills bars less – ingredients in this dry dog food include chicken, rice, and a range of vegetables. It has a great source of protein, probiotics, and B vitamin. The Kirkland Signature Adult Formula is rich in omega fatty acids, including both Omega-3 and Omega-6 to help promote healthy skin and coats. With fresh chicken listed as the number one ingredient, it’s a healthy and tasty pet food and is great for a senior member!
- Kirkland Signature Healthy Weight Dog Food Formula – this type of dog food is designed to help your pooch maintain their weight. Ingredients include chicken meal, rice, fish meal, and vegetables like sweet potato. The great thing about this product is that it only has 275 calories per cup to help with weight management. Rich in omega fatty acids, probiotics, vitamins including vitamin B, glucosamine, and chondroitin, this Kirkland brand formula not only helps with weight but promote healthy joints and digestive system.
- Kirkland Signature Puppy Food Formula – puppy food and it’s ingredients are super important to the growth and development of your fur baby. This Kirkland brand formula includes the ingredients of fresh chicken, chicken meal, rice, and vegetables, and has smaller kibble which helps puppies with chewing and swallowing the dry dog food. It’s rich in omega fatty acids, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganese oxide, probiotics, vitamin e supplement, and more. These ingredients help to promote healthy joints and digestive system.
- Kirkland Signature Small Breed Formula – if you have a small dog then you know it’s always best to shop for their size. This Kirkland brand formula is chicken and vegetable flavored with all the best ingredients such as omega-3, prebiotics, probiotics, and more to promote healthy skin and coat, as well as digestive system.
Kirkland nature’s domain dog food—Ingredient’s Analysis!
Are you after another alternative? Then you might like to have a look at Kirkland Salmon Meal and Sweet Potato Nature’s Domain Dog Food Formula. The dry dog food has a high-quality protein and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It gets its probiotics and natural prebiotic fiber from dried chicory root that helps balance out a dog intestine. Other main ingredients include:
- Vegetables – peas, potatoes, tomatoes
- Fruits – blueberries, raspberries
- Vitamins – vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin B2, vitamin D supplement
- Zinc Proteinate
- Copper Proteinate
- Iron Proteinate
- Manganous oxide
Feeding the Pooch with a Sensitive Stomach—Kirkland grain free dog food
A lot of dogs suffer from grain intolerance which means that they have a sensitive stomach to grain. If this sounds like your dog then you should consider switching them over to a grain free dog food. Luckily, the Kirkland brand as one for you – Kirkland Salmon Meal and Sweet Potato Nature’s Domain Dog Food Formula.
Here’s What You Need To Know Kirkland signature dog food Manufacturer and Recalls
As with any dog food company, Kirkland has experienced some recalls since its launch to shelves. One included a voluntary recall in 2012 which was due to salmonella contamination. This was an isolated incident, and Kirkland dog food has since had very few recalls on their products.
The brand is much loved by breeders and pet owners and has seen many switch their furry friends over to the Kirkland label as they have seen wonderful results.
What Customers Say…Kirkland dog food review
According to a range of different customers who have purchased Kirkland dog food for their furry friend, they have been overly pleased with the results. Many pet owners have had their dogs on Kirkland brand formulas for many years and have experienced a healthy and happy dog.
Dog Food Advisor, a reviewing company of dog foods, rated each different formula out of five stars:
- Kirkland Signature Adult Chicken (4.5 stars)
- Kirkland Signature Puppy (4.5 stars)
- Kirkland Signature Small Dog (4.5 stars)
- Kirkland Signature Adult Lamb (3.5 stars)
- Kirkland Signature Mature Dog (4.5 stars)
- Kirkland Signature Healthy Weight (3 stars)
Kirkland brand dog food Pros and Cons!
Before purchasing dog food for your pooch, it’s important to weigh up both the pros and cons as every dog is different and what may work for some doesn’t for others. Pros and cons include:
- Promotes healthiness in puppies
- Affordable price
- Great taste as it comes in a range of flavors
- Rich in healthy ingredients
- Can be hard to transition your dog from another brand of food
Here’s Our List of Scrumptious, Healthy Alternatives To Costco’s Kirkland Dog Food
Not sure that Kirkland dog food is right for your pooch? Perhaps you’re looking for more organic dog food or high super premium? Here are some other healthy alternatives for dog food brands:
Kirkland dog food Costco—Is It Right For Your Pet? Here’s What We Think!
If you’re looking to provide your furry friend with super premium dog food without paying a heavy penny, then Kirkland dog food is definitely an option you should consider. The Kirkland brand uses only high-quality ingredients and provides a range of different formulas to cater for puppies, adult dogs, senior members, or dogs who need to lose a few pounds.
At an affordable price, why not have a look at it?