What is the Best Large Dog Stroller?
Our Top Pick
Double front wheel, grey, breathable, and lightweight large pet stroller that handles up to 120 lbs.
|Get on Amazon|
Best for Giant Breeds
Red, stainless steel large pet stroller perfect for joggers with a weight capacity of 133 lbs.
|Get on Amazon|
Dual entry, one click foldable, detachable, alloy steel, 5-point harness-type dog stroller that is space-friendly.
|Get on Amazon|
Super-durable, high-quality, zipper-less canopy, and extendable dog stroller with adjustable handles.
|Get on Amazon|
Well-ventilated, carbon steel, and lightweight large pet stroller with adjustable handles.
|Get on Amazon|
Best for Travel
Super-sized, heavy-duty, and all-terrain wheel pet strollers with adjustable handlebars, and access ramp.
|Get on Amazon|
Is there a Stroller for Big Dogs?
Yes, the large dog stroller is perfect for carrying big dogs around. There are dog strollers made for large dogs that can hold up to 130lbs. HPZ, Petbobi, and Wooce are just some brands that make durable large dog strollers.
While baby strollers can be used as cat strollers or even strollers for small dogs, large dogs require pet gear strollers made specifically for them.
What are the Benefits of Using a Large Dog Stroller?
From better organization to easy use, there are several benefits of using a large dog stroller. Let’s take a look at some of those benefits:
- Easy to Carry Senior Dogs. Large dog strollers are best for dogs with arthritis and old dogs that can’t walk by themselves to stroll outside. Such strollers allow pet owners to get fresh air by taking them on a walk and providing them with much-needed change.
- Perfect for All Terrains. Large dog strollers have double rubber tires that swivel 360 degrees. This gives them the advantage of moving on terrains of all types, concrete, grass, sand, etc.
- Adjustable Handlebars. The adjustable handlebars allow you to adjust the bar according to the desired height. Adjustable handlebars are foldable and make way for easy storage.
- Keep Dogs Organized. Above all, large dog strollers conveniently take large dogs on the ride. It makes it easier for passersby and the dog to stay put and organized. It is also safest for dogs from the incoming traffic.
The Best Large Dog Strollers Reviewed
Summary: A dog stroller for a large pet and small dogs with four wheels. The front wheels can move 360 degrees for easy maneuvering on all terrains. The stroll is spacious and can accommodate an adult dog very comfortably.
The stroller has four mesh windows, out of which two can be opened. The material is waterproof and easy to wash. The handle has two high settings. Also, foldable and easy to store when not in use.
Features: Spacious, breathable, grey color, lightweight
Dimensions: 25.19in x 31.5in x 25.19in (W x L x H) (inside dimension)
Material: Oxford cloth, iron
Weight Capacity: 120 pounds
- Two handlebar height settings
- Detachable wheels and foldable for easy to store
- Double front wheel design for more stability
- Breathable mesh windows to keep it well ventilated
- Suitable for taking pets to vet clinics, malls, traveling, and evening walks
- No pockets for storage
Review: Based on the 429 global ratings, this large dog stroller has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers claim it is easy to assemble, spacious, and overall a good stroller.
Summary: This red color large pet carrier is perfect for large to medium dogs. The wheels are made from EVA, making them durable, environment-friendly, and easy to stroll on difficult terrains. The stroller has four mesh windows, of which two can be opened to make it comfortable and breathable for dogs.
The handle is adjustable to varying heights. The structure is made from high-strength thicker stainless-steel tube+600D PVC fabric. The center mattress height is strategically considered based on gravity and stability for a smooth ride.
Features: Red, foldable, breathable, sturdy, super large
Dimensions: 31.5 x 24.8 x 25.2 inch
Material: Stainless steel, alloy steel
Weight Capacity: 133 pounds
- Removable handle to fold it down easily for storage
- Adjusts height by pressing a button and rotating the angle
- Dural 360-degree wheel in front and 12-inch wheel at the back
- Rear storage pockets for essentials
- Peek-about-window at top
- Durability issues
Review: Based on the 148 global ratings, this large dog stroller has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. Customers claim that the stroller is perfect for senior dogs and dogs weighing more than 50 lbs.
Summary: This large dog stroller by LUCKYERMORE is known for its extraordinary height, making it suitable for tall dogs. Additionally, the handlebar is not adjustable but facilitates easy folding with a single click.
The stroller has four double wheels for easy strolling. It contains two safety latches to keep your dog put. Dual entry, front and back, for easy traveling.
Features: For large size dogs, one-click folding, dual entry
Dimensions: 26″H × 18″W × 20″T
Material: Alloy steel frame, oxford cloth, EVA wheels
Weight Capacity: 45 pounds
- Removable wheels for easy storage
- One-click folding design
- High-quality EVA wheels for all sorts of terrains
- Comfortable, removable cushion, easy to clean
- Locking latch to keep the stroller in foldable position
- Not for very large dogs (holds 33 lbs)
Review: Based on the 155 global ratings, this large pet stroller has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Customers claim it is perfect for dogs under 50 lbs and stroll smoothly.
Summary: Full of modern features, this extra large dog stroller helps your doggie lie down comfortably while traveling. Convertible size pet compartment that stretches from 13 inches to 36 inches, making it suitable for dogs of all sizes.
The front expansion provides extra space. This pet stroller is constructed with an anodized oval aluminum frame that is rust, scratch, and impact resistant.
Features: Reversible handlebar, zipper-less canopy, machine washable
Dimensions: 40in H x 34in L x 25in W
Material: 100% polyester, aluminum
Weight Capacity: 75lbs
- Includes two washable pads
- Comes with stepping board/food tray in front
- Has 360-degree front wheels with brakes
- Rear wheels made of rubber
- Large under the basket for storage
- Difficult to assemble
Review: Based on the 857 global ratings, this large dog stroller has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. Customers prefer this stroller for being well built and durable.
Summary: A large blue pet stroller with waterproof interior and mesh windows on all sides. The handlebar makes it adjustable from 31-inches to 41-inch above the ground.
The pet stroller has 15-inch locking wheels in the rear end and 360-degree boule locking wheels in front for stability and smooth strolling. Comes with an easy assemble guide in three steps.
Features: Adjustable, collapsible, blue, mesh stroller
Dimensions: 31” L x 21” W x 24”H
Material: Carbon steel, mesh
Weight Limit: 130lbs
- A foldable and adjustable large dog stroller
- 8-inch front locking wheels for easy maneuvering
- The frame is made from strong carbon steel
- Lined with a waterproof PVC cover with a safety tether inside
- Zipper entry and peek-a-boo window
- Back wheels unclick and roll away
Review: Based on the 127 global ratings, this large dog stroller has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Customers prefer this stroller because it holds the weight of large dogs perfectly well.
Summary: The highlight of this pet jogger is its integrated access ramp allowing dogs to climb up independently.
Additionally, it has all-terrain four wheels with pump-free airless rubber tubes. Also, it has four attachment hooks on the exterior for storage, a height-adjustable handlebar, front and rear zipper-less canopy for fresh air.
Features: Integrated access ramp, no assembly, three pockets
Material: 100% polyester, rubber wheel, aluminum body
Weight Capacity: 100lbs
- Three organizer pockets, cup holder, large under basket
- Suitable for dogs up to 43kgs
- Comes with four inside tethers and one removable pad
- Constructed from HPZ oval aluminum frame
- Water-resistant adjustable canopy
- Most expensive
Review: Based on the 172 global ratings, this large dog stroller has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Customers claim it to be quite spacious, perfect, and a lifesaver.
What should I Look for in a Large Dog Stroller?
When shopping for a large dog stroller, you need to consider the following features:
- Dimensions. The very first consideration is to look at the dimensions of the stroller. It should have a proper length, height, and breadth for your large breed dog to stay inside comfortably. Some strollers are made taller to allow tall dogs to rest conveniently. Check the interior and foldable dimensions if you intend to use the stroller for pet travel purposes.
- Weight Capacity. When buying a dog stroller for large dogs, weight capacity is the key consideration. Brand specifies the capacity the stroller can hold. Depending on your dog’s weight, buy a stroller that can handle at least 50lbs.
- Safety Belts. Safety belts are also important if your small pet or large dog is notorious and does not like to sit in a place for long. These belts help the dog to stay in its place without suddenly jumping out on its own.
- Breathable Mesh. Also, the stroller should have breathable mesh on all sides to keep it well-ventilated and breathable. The peek-a-boo window on top and front is the least one should look for.
- Additional Features. Finally, you should consider any special features that would make the use of the stroller easier. For example, cup holders, rain covers, no-zip pockets, convenient push buttons, reflectors for night visibility, detachable carriers, safety travel systems, etc.
How do You Walk a Large Dog with a Stroller?
To walk with a large dog stroller, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Walk your dog without a leash
- Step 2: Allow your dog to investigate the stroller
- Step 3: Walk an empty stroller beside your dog on a loose leash
- Step 4: Do not attach a leash to the stroller
- Step 5: Make time for your dog to walk without a stroller.
How do You Train a Large Dog to Use a Stroller?
Using a large dog stroller can be easy. Just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Let your dog investigate the stroller
- Step 2: Put your dog inside the stroller and reward him if he stays calm
- Step 3: Unlock the wheels and start moving around a bit
- Step 4: Once the dog settles in, put the safety belts
- Step 5: Introduce more movement by keeping encouraging and communicating with them
- Step 6: Increase the stroller time little by little.