Best Leather Dog Collars Summary
- Best Overall Leather Dog Collar: DAIHAQIKO Leather Dog Collar
This 100% genuine leather has a heavy-duty 350lb pull power and comes with a buckle and a D-ring.
- Best Personalized Leather Dog Collar: Custom Catch Soft Leather Personalized Dog Collar
Engrave your dog’s collar with the name, phone, and other text of your choice with this collar.
- Best Rolled Leather Dog Collar: CollarDirect Rolled Leather Dog Collar
This rolled leather dog collar comes in a range of colors, prevents tangling, and comes equipped with a buckle and a D ring.
- Best Colored Leather Dog Collar: Aolove Basic Classic Padded Leather Pet Collars
This leather dog collar is available in a range of beautiful colors, making your pet look beautiful.
- Best Heavy Duty Leather Dog Collar: Didog Genuine Leather Dog Collars with Engraved Nameplate
With a strong and durable buckle, this 100% genuine leather comes with engraving options.
- Best Leather Dog Collar for Large Dogs: ADITYNA Heavy Duty Leather Dog Collar
This stylish handmade dog collar with two metal D rings is the best pick for large dogs.
- Best Leather Dog Collar for Long-Haired Breeds: BRONZEDOG Rolled Leather Dog Collar
Made of genuine leather, this dog collar is heavy-duty and available in three colors.
- Best Budget-Friendly Leather Dog Collar: Mighty Paw Distressed Leather Dog Collar
Round genuine leather dog collar in three colors equipped with a heavy-duty metal buckle and D-ring.
Are Leather Collars Good for Dogs?
Yes, leather dog collars are good from the point of view of durability and strength. Leather dog collars are also soft on the dog’s skin and easy to maintain. Another benefit of leather dog collars is that they are easy on the fur and do not support matting.
However, compared to the standard martingale dog collar, leather dog collars are not eco-friendly (good for the environment and sustainable) as they support the leather industry.
Do Leather Collars Irritate Dogs?
Yes, leather dog collars may irritate some dogs and even trigger an allergic reaction. However, it all depends on the individual dog and the quality of the leather.
The Best Leather Dog Collars Reviewed
With new products popping up on the pet market every day, it is hard to find the excellent leather dog collars for your best friend. To make things easy, we have selected and reviewed the best leather dog collars you can order from Amazon.
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Colour Options: Black, Brown, Green, Red
Summary: This leather dog collar is made from 100% genuine leather and works well for dogs up to 350lb. It also has a D ring for leash attachment and a metal alloy buckle used for adjustment. It is rust and corrosion free and lasts easily for about 3 to 5 years. It is suitable for all dog sizes like a Golden Retriever, Labrador, Corgi, Bulldog, and other small and big dogs. It comes in a handmade box package making it a perfect gifting item.
- One year quality guarantee
- Metal alloy hardware buckle and D ring
- Dual stitched on sides for durability
- Soft and comfortable leather
- 100% genuine leather
- Pull power of 350lb
- Comes with one year warranty
- Not a vegan leather
Review: The product has 78% of five-star reviews on Amazon. Users loved it for its durability and comfortable fit. A very few found it smelly and not too durable.
Sizes: XS, S, M, L
Colour Options: Pink, red, blue, green, orange, yellow
Summary: This is another soft leather dog collar that can also be customized. It is available in vibrant colors. Amongst the customization options, you can add your dog’s name, contact number, and paw/bone or heart design. It has a metal buckle for adjustable and a D ring for leash attachment.
- Personalization options
- Fast delivery
- Available in many colors
- Go for a size up than measured
- Available in paw, heart, and bone designs
- Not soft leather
- Can’t be returned due to personalized info
Review: The product has 76% five-star reviews from over 18k reviews. The dog collar is not soft leather but hard and rigid with sharp edges. It is advisable to buy a size up, but it is also too thick for small dogs.
Sizes: 6-7in, 7-8in, 8-11in, 11-14in, 14-16in, 16-18in, 18-21in
Colour Options: Beige, black, blue, brown, lime green, mint green, orange, pink, purple, red, white, yellow
Summary: This leather dog collar is padded and round when put around the neck. The leather is soft and comfortable. It also has a metal buckle for adjustment and a D ring for leash attachment. It also has other hooks for better adjustment and fit. This rolled leather collar makes all the difference by being flexible and comfortable. These dog collars are handmade with high-quality leather.
- Rolled leather padded dog collar
- Soft and flexible leather
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes
- Highly durable and comfortable
- Stains the skin from below
Review: The product has 64% five-star reviews, thanks to its durability and comfort. Some users complain about the sizing issue. There are a few users who mention color stains on the dog’s skin. For the rest, it’s a fair deal.
Sizes: 8-10in, 10.5-13in, 11.5-15in, 14.5-18.5in, 17-22in
Color Options: Black, blue, brown, green, pink, purple, red, rose red, yellow
Summary: These high-end leather dog collars by Aolove are similar in design to our overall best dog collar. These are, however, available in more attractive colors. Their width also chances as per their length. These dog collars are made from leather and alloy. They come with a nickel-plated buckle and D ring. The collar also has five holes for adjustment.
- No size issues
- Made of leather and alloy
- Five adjustment holes
- Highly affordable and durable
- Do not cut through the skin
- Comes with a release buckle
- Not too durable
Review: The product has 73% of five-star reviews focusing on the perfect size, color, and affordability. The belt is suitable for small and medium-sized dogs.
Sizes: XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL
Color Options: Brown, green, red, black
Summary: This puppy collar by Didog is a classy heavy-duty collar made up of genuine leather. The collar is velvety soft from the inside for comfort. For customization, it comes with a square plate with laser engraving. The personalization message can contain the dog’s name, address, and contact number. It also has strong buckles and a heavy-duty D-ring for leash attachment.
- Five holes for attachment and quick release
- Custom ID tag
- For medium and large dogs
- Dog leash attachment set available
- Heavy-duty stitching and rivet
- Too rigid
- Not for small dogs
Review: The product has 71% 5-star reviews. Dog owners found the leather genuine and of good quality. However, it is not soft and may cut through the skin.
Sizes: S, M, l, XL
Color Options: Brown, black
Summary: This is another heavy-duty dog collar that comes with an additional leather bow. The dog collar has double stitching and seven adjustable holes. It is soft from the inside for a comfortable fit. The collar has also passed the 400lb pulling test, confirming its strength and durability. It also has two D-ring, one for leash attachment and another for dog ID. It also has a double buckle for secure fastening.
- Two D rings
- Double buckle
- Metal ring for extra strap
- 2-year guarantee
- For all dog sizes
- Durability issues
Review: The product has 73% five-star reviews. The users have praised the collar as comfortable, a perfect fit, and of great quality.
Sizes: 8-11in, 11-13in, 13-16in, 15-18in
Color Options: Dark brown, black, brown
Summary: This is another rolled leather dog collar for all dog sizes. It comes with a metal buckle and heavy-duty D ring for leash attachment. The round-shaped dog collar prevents damage to the dog’s hair. It is also ideal for everyday use.
- Very comfortable and perfect fit
- Doesn’t mat the dog’s fur
- Sturdy D ring and metal buckle
- Not available in bright colors
Review: The product has 71% five-star reviews. The majority of users loved it. It may not be real leather but it is comfortable and cheap.
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Color Options: Black, brown, light brown
Summary: The collar is made of soft distressed leather. Mighty Paw is a family-owned business in Rochester, New York. It has a metal buckle, D ring, and 5 to 6 adjustable holes for the perfect fit. It offered leather dog collars available in three colors: black, brown, and dark brown. This rolled dog collar is an ideal pick for long-haired dog breeds. It prevents tangling and damaging of dog’s fur.
- Available in four sizes, three colors
- Five adjustable size settings
- All-natural cowhide
- Reliable and strong alloy hardware
- Made in the USA
- Not very durable
Review: The product has 78% five-star reviews and is perfect in size. It is comfortable and is better than most other collars.
What Should I Look for in a Leather Dog Collar?
Before clicking checkout when shopping for leather dog collars, there are several factors you need to consider. Let’s take a look at each of them:
- Soft Leather. Look for soft leather in dog collars. Soft leather dog collars are less likely to irritate the dog’s sensitive skin and keep the fur healthy. Soft leather martingale-padded collars also avoid fur matting and are more comfortable. Soft-touch collars can also be worn for longer durations, while full-grain leather can be prickling.
- Collar Size. Another major consideration is the size of leather dog collars. Read the measurements and measure your dog’s neck before selecting the size. Always leave a gap of 2 fingers between the collar and the dog’s neck when measuring.
- D ring. D ring is an important part of leather dog collars. When buying a leather dog collar, make sure it has a metal D ring. A D ring is used for attaching the leather dog leash. Some dog collars also come with an extra ring for dog tags. The collar’s hardware should be sturdy – solid brass hardware is the best.
- Weaving. Look for double-stitched leather dog collars for durability. It makes the collars more breathable as well as makes them look cleaner. The inside of the collar should also be soft.
- Personalization Options. Leather dog collars should be personalized. You can get your pup’s name and your phone number engraved on them. This helps in keeping your pet safe in case it gets lost. The personalized info includes the dog’s name, contact number, and address in some collars. Make sure the personalized information is properly visible.
- 100% genuine leather, heavy duty 350lb pull power, metal allay buckle and D-ring to prevent rust and corrosion, normal using last 3-5 years.
- Full size for choice, satisfied almost all of dog types from Alaskan Malamute, Golden retriever, Labrador to Bulldog, Corgi and so on.
- Handmade box package can as a gift for friends, pet lovers, new neighbour ect. It's also a perfect choice as a festival gifts.