Milk-bone for dogs are obviously the most common canine treats in the market. However, they’re not as healthy as you might think! To learn more about the harmful effects of those cheap dog treats, read on!
Whаt іѕ Milk Bone Dоg Trеаtѕ?
Milk-Bone for dogs is undeniably a popular dog treat amongst most households. A true American treasure, the Milk-Bone for dogs biscuit was first created in New York, 1908. And, over the last decade, it continued to grow in popularity.
Milk-Bone for dogs has been the trusted dog treat brand of loving dog owners for several decades. Even today, pet parents choose to purchase Milk-Bone products from their local stores.
Milk Bone Brushing Chews
Milk-Bone Brushing Chews help provide an easy and effective way to take care of your dog’s teeth. These daily dental treats are clinically proven to reduce tartar and plaque build-up, as well as fight bad breath. The revolutionary dental twist bone is designed to help clean even hard to reach back teeth and down to the gumline.
The Ingredients Says it All! What’s in a Dog Milk Bone!
Milk-Bone dog treats contain ingredients such as:
- Wheat Flour
- Wheat Bran
- Meat and Bone Meal
- Wheat Germ
- Beef Fat (Preserved with BHA)
- Natural Flavor
- BHA (Used as a Preservative), and more!
While many of these ingredients are safe for dogs, it’s important to know what can be potentially damaging to a dogs health. BHA is a common preservative found in cheap dog treats, much research has shown that BHA has been known to cause kidney and liver damage in pets.
Another example of inappropriate ingredients includes artificial food dyes. Milk-Bone has been notorious for including yellow #6, blue #1, and various other food dyes which have been shown to be quite carcinogenic for pets.
Finally, Milk-Bone for dogs is known for causing allergies in dogs. Specifically known as Milk-Bone allergies, dogs sensitive to beef, wheat, and milk should avoid consuming these dog treats as it can cause rashes, diarrhea, and vomiting.
5 Facts You Gotta Know About Milk Bone for Dogs
- Average chew time of Milk Bone Brushing Chews is two to four minutes.
- Milk Bones can contain BHA – Now we want to be careful here but, some iterations of Milk Bones contain BHA, a preservative that is a known carcinogen. This preservative consistently produces tumors in lab animals. While the FDA asserts that BHA is safe in low doses, dogs are being fed these tainted foods day in and out.
- Milk-Bone for dogs were scientifically designed and formulated to help maintain canine oral health. They have a unique formula, firmer texture, patent-pending twisted shape, unique toothpaste-like package, longer chew time, and have undergone clinical testing to earn the VOHC Seal of Acceptance for tartar control.
- As with any pet product labeled as a treat or snack, Milk-Bone dog treats should not be substituted for a balanced diet, and treats should make up no more than 10% of your puppy or small dog’s caloric intake. As you would with any new food or treat, keep a watchful eye on your dog as he or she is enjoying our treats.
- To ensure dogs are getting the best results possible with Milk-Bone Brushing Chews, pet parents should feed one treat per day to their dogs.
Milk Bones for Dogs: Walmart Dog Treats You Need to Stay Away from
There are many different dog treats which have proven to be quite unhealthy for dogs. Make sure you stay away from:
- Snausages In a Blanket
- Beneful Baked Delights
- Purina Beggin Strips
Milk Bone Recall
Milk-Bone brand dog treats have never been recalled, according to research.
So, What’s the Best Healthy Dog Treats & Dog Chews for Pups?
Wellness Grain-Free Soft Puppy Bites
Puppies are constantly growing, and this means they have different nutritional needs than adult dogs. From training to “just because”, Wellness Soft Puppy Bites are a great choice for any young pup.
SmartSticks Rawhide-Free Dog Chews
Most dogs love to chew, but rawhide can be surprisingly dangerous because it can easily get stuck in your dog’s throat and cause choking. SmartSticks Rawhide-Free Dog Chews are a great alternative for your pup that loves bones, giving him a treat he’ll go wild over without the dangers of rawhide.
BLUE Dental Bones Natural Puppy Chews
Puppies need stimulation and chew toys to keep them entertained and help develop strong teeth. The BLUE Dental Bones Natural Puppy Chews are our choice for puppies because they’re made with added vitamins and supplements to help with your puppy’s development.
A Dog Treat that Can Do it All! Honest Paws CBD Dog Treats
It helps pets with:
- Chronic pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tremors and seizures
- … and much more
Savoury & Rich: Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Peanut butter isn’t just a nostalgic indulgence; it’s also very healthy – so long as we choose the right peanut butter without added sugars or oils. Peanut butter is rich in protein, so it keeps your dog full and fueled. Peanut butter is also high in potassium, magnesium, folate, vitamin E, antioxidants, and fiber.
Milk-Bone for Dogs…Would You Let Your Furry Friend Endulge?
Although these dog biscuits have been around for years, Milk-Bone for dogs is not necessarily the healthiest and best biscuit for dogs. There are many other healthy dog treats that are not only beneficial but also tasty!