Table of Contents
Muenster Dog Food Summary
- Best Overall Muenster Dog Food: Muenster Milling Co Muenster Natural Ancient Grains Dry Dog Food
The use of ancient grains in this formula allows Muenster to avoid using cheap grains like corn and soy in this dog food.
- Best Grain-Free Muenster Dog Food Formula: Muenster Milling Co Perfect Balance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Without the use of grains, this food provides all the necessary nutrients a dog needs to be healthy and happy.
- Muenster Dog Food with Most Unique Carbohydrate Source: Muenster Milling Co Muenster Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
Using coconut meal as a novel and unusual carbohydrate source, this dog food is nutritious and fit even for picky eaters.
- Fish Meal – A very lean source of protein rich in Omega III and VI fatty acids. Nutrient Rich source of protein, minerals and amino acids.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin – To support healthy joints. No Corn, No Wheat, No Soy.
- Grain Sorghum – Our local super grain (high in antioxidants, magnesium, fiber, and supports a healthy metabolism). Prebiotics, probiotics, and Diamond V – to improve digestion.
What is Muenster Dog Food?
Muenster Dog Food is a 4th generation, family-owned, and operated pet food manufacturer that was founded in 1932. They have developed long-lasting and impactful relationships with farmers, suppliers, customers, the community, and animals through leadership and integrity.
In 2007 Chad and Mitch Felderhoff, relatives of Joe, took over the company to keep it in the family. They source their ingredients as locally as possible to maintain trusting relationships with their suppliers.
This allows them to keep close track of the food quality from start to finish, and in doing so, they have been able to employ Americans and make a quality American product.
They stick to the small business ethos of supporting small businesses like them by only distributing their products to independently owned retailers.
Where is Muenster Dog Food Made?
Muenster Dog Food is made in Muenster, Texas.
How is Muenster Dog Food Made?
Muenster Dog Food sources its ingredients as locally as possible.
The brand prefers ingredients like chicken meal alongside real chicken because fresh chicken is 70-90% water, and ingredients are listed from heaviest to lightest before cooking. Chicken meal is already cooked and processed, so it does not degrade as fresh chicken does.
This allows them to keep the protein content high without sacrificing quality. All of the Muenster Dog Food ingredients are natural, and some recipes include superfoods like kelp, chicory root, and beet pulp for vitamins and minerals instead of heavily relying on supplements.
Is Muenster Food Good For Dogs?
Yes, Muenster Dog Food is good.
Their ingredients are completely sourced in the USA, so you can trust what goes into their food. The brand relies heavily on plants and natural sources of micronutrients for things like vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that are easily digestible and offer highly bio-available nutrients.
Muenster Dog Food Formulas Reviewed
There are dozens of different Muenster Dog Food formulas. To make a choice easier for the owners, we have selected and reviewed some of the brand’s best-selling recipes.
Summary: This formula relies heavily on fish meal and chicken meal to provide a high-protein foundation for the rest of the ingredients to complement. Micronutrients are supplied through foods like blueberries and cranberries, as well as antioxidants for immune system support. The formula contains no soy, corn, or wheat and is rich in fiber, magnesium, and prebiotics. It is suitable for dogs of all ages with probiotics and 28% protein for healthy digestion and muscle growth. Available in a handful of flavors dogs love, this is a great source of complete nutrition.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Ancient Grains with Ocean Fish
- Real meat is the first ingredient
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- No corn, wheat, or soy
- Rich in glucosamine and chondroitin for joint health
- Probiotics for gut health
- Unspecified natural flavors are added
- Relatively high in fat
Ingredient Analysis: Real meat like ocean fish and chicken as the first ingredient and provides an excellent source of protein. This is followed by ocean fish meal or chicken meal to provide more protein and fatty acids as well as minerals from organs and bones. Salmon oil, kelp meal, and chicken fat help boost fat, fiber, and vitamins. It is finished with micronutrients like copper sulfate, biotin, and folic acid to provide complete nutrition for dogs.
Review: Happy customers were satisfied with the high-quality nutrients offered by this food’s high-quality ingredients. Several mentioned they were happy to feed this to their dog and even happier that their dog liked it. Although there were numerous negative ratings, there was only one negative review, and it complained about receiving a bad batch of food that caused their dog to vomit after eating.
Summary: This food features a 100% grain-free formula for dogs who may be allergic to things like wheat, gluten, or soy. It contains modest protein and fat levels to promote healthy weight and prebiotics for a healthy gut biome. The meat meal featured in this product is rich in amino acids, protein, and minerals and is easily digestible, so dogs of any life stage can enjoy this food. The kibble is sold in 30-pound bags and several flavors.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Grain-Free Recipe with Pork Meal
- High-protein formula for energetic dogs
- Prebiotics and Diamond V yeast for easy digestion
- Contains no corn, wheat, or soy
- Nutritious, palatable, and easily digestible
- Affordable and readily available dog food
- An unspecified natural flavor is used in this formula
- Grain-free foods have recently become controversial due to an FDA investigation into a possible link between them and heart problems in dogs.
Ingredient Analysis: Meat meal, like pork meal and chicken meal, is the first ingredient and provides a highly digestible source of protein and minerals. Dried potatoes and peas supply a moderate amount of carbohydrates, while pea protein and potato protein help to provide different amino acid and protein profiles. Ground flaxseed and dried beet pulp are included as good sources of fiber and fatty acids, and it is all finished with things like choline chloride, calcium, riboflavin supplement, and thiamine for a well-rounded nutrient profile that helps to keep dogs healthy.
Review: Reviews were almost non-existent on Amazon and are almost invariably five stars on their website. From what we can infer from the reviews, however, most people who purchased this food were happy with the results, and so were their dogs. Reviews on their website noted their dog’s fur and skin looked and felt healthier, and they had more energy. No one or two-star reviews were made, only one and two-star ratings with no further explanations.
Summary: This food uses turkey and chicken meals as the foundation for its high-protein concentration and mineral supply. No grains are used in this product, with sweet potatoes being used as a low-starch carbohydrate source. It is made very high in protein and relatively high in fat to be satiating and promote healthy weight management. Prebiotics and probiotics help with digestion as this food is made for dogs of all life stages. It is made in a small selection of flavors and sizes to fit the needs of almost any dog owner.
Type: Dry dog food
Best for: Dogs of all life stages
Flavor Options: Grain-Free Chicken with Turkey Recipe
- High protein formula rick in probiotics
- High-fat content helps dogs feel full longer
- Coconut meal is used as the primary carbohydrate
- Low glycemic index suitable for diabetic dogs
- Made without common allergens
- The combination of high protein and high fat may be upsetting to some dog’s stomachs
Ingredient Analysis: Real meat is the first ingredient, with chicken meal and turkey meal being the second and third ingredients. All of this provides great sources of protein and minerals from muscle meats, organs, and bones. Carbs are supplied by sweet potatoes and coconut meals for a low starch source of energy that will not spike a dog’s insulin levels as much as other carbohydrate sources can. Micronutrients are then provided with things like vitamin E supplement, ferrous sulfate, and zinc amino acid complex to make this food a source of complete and balanced nutrition.
Review: Much like the other products on this list, the reviews were almost entirely non-existent, which is strange for a company that has been around for nearly a century. Satisfied reviewers on their website stated their dogs love this food, leaving their coats feeling soft and luscious. There were no negative reviews on their site, and the only negative review on Amazon was a picture taken on social media of someone else’s dog.
What Dog Food Formulas does Muenster Make?
Muenster Dog Food offers a wide specter of dog foods. Here is a list of some of the brand’s best-selling recipes:
- Muenster Ancient Grains with Ocean Fish
- Muenster Perfect Balance Chicken Meal Recipe
- Muenster Perfect Balance Chicken Meal & Pork Meal Recipe
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Beef Liver
- Muenster Ancient Grains with Chicken & Pork
- Muenster Ancient Grains with Chicken
- Muenster Perfect Balance Pork Meal Recipe
- Muenster Ancient Grains for Large Breed Dogs
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Meatballs Grandpa Joe’s Beef Recipe
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Meatballs Barnyard Chicken Recipe
- Muenster Grain-Free with Salmon
- Muenster Grain-Free with Chicken & Turkey
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Limited Edition Pumpkin Spice
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Toppers Free Range Elk Recipe
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Toppers Homestyle Beef Recipe
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Bites Farmhaus Chicken Recipe
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Bites Farmhaus Beef Recipe
- Muenster Perfect Balance Grain-Free Recipe with Oceanfish Meal
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Elk/Venison Patties
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Toppers Homestyle Chicken Recipe
- Muenster Perfect Balance Grain-Free Recipe with Chicken Meal
- Muenster Limited Edition Freedom Meatballs
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Bites Free Range Elk
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Bites Farmhouse Pork
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Liver Pasture Raised Beef
- Muenster Freeze-Dried Toppers Homestyle Pork
Has Muenster Dog Food Been Recalled?
No, Muenster Dog Food has not been recalled.
Is Muenster Dog Food Worth it?
Yes, Muenster Dog Food is worth it.
The ingredients are whole and natural, and the lists are easy to find and transparent. Each Muenster Dog Food ingredient is something most people would recognize and be able to pronounce.
Plus, all ingredients come from US farmers, so when you buy a Muenster Pet Food product, you are supporting American families. As a bonus, Muenster offers auto-ship at checkout, thus improving accessibility.