Nom Nom Dog Food Summary:
- Nom Nom Dog Food is a pet food brand that makes human-grade fresh pet food for cats and dogs with added nutritional factors. All of its meals are prepared immediately before the food delivery with sustainably sourced USA ingredients.
- Nom Nom offers one-time dog food purchases in addition to long-term subscription delivery services. Every meal is already pre-portioned, so you do not have to measure it.
- Initially called Nom Nom Now, the brand changed its name through rebranding. Today, it has a large following on Instagram and has been featured in popular media such as BuzzFeed, People Magazine, Business Insider, and NBC News.
- Nom Nom Dog Food offers four basic recipes – Beef Mash, Chicken Cuisine, Pork Potluck, and Turkey Fare, modified based on the dog’s size, breed, and activity level.
What is Nom Nom Dog Food?
Nom Nom Dog Food is a premium pet food company started by Alex Jarrell and Nate Phillips for their dogs – Harlee and Mim.
One of their dogs had immune system issues and needed extra care. The vet recommended a fresh and healthy diet to help prevent further health problems.
As a result, Alex and Nate ended up creating this brand to try and solve the problem of dog owners not being able to find fresh food for their dog’s health.
They partnered with a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and used human-grade ingredients to make every mealtime a healthy one. The brand ensures to provide nutritionally-balanced meals for both dogs and cats that are made fresh to order.
Where is Nom Nom Dog Food Made?
Nom Nom Dog Food is made fresh in Nashville, Tennessee, and the San Francisco Bay Area. The brand keeps in mind not to outsource the nutrition to any third-party companies.
How is Nom Nom Dog Food Made?
Nom Nom Dog Food is made in accordance with the AAFCO guidelines. The brand’s ingredients are sustainably sourced and grown in the USA. The brand works with whole ingredients that are carefully selected for their nutritional properties.
The food mix is prepared by the on-staff board-certified veterinary nutritionists to make sure that every meal is balanced and healthy for your pet friend.
Every meal contains a premium mix of vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B12, iron, iodine, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, choline, and taurine that go hand in hand with other food ingredients. The ingredient list is also enriched with prebiotics and probiotics.
Is Nom Nom Healthy for Dogs?
Yes, Nom Nom Dog Food is healthy.
Each Nom Nom meal is gently cooked to ensure its ingredients retain most of the nutrients. Plus, it contains real, good food made especially for your dogs and is delivered fresh to your door.
Nom Nom Dog Food is among the top-rated brands of pet food on platforms such as Amazon and Chewy.
Nom Nom Dog Food Reviewed
We will now review Nom Nom Dog Food based on their food and nutritional profile.
Nom Nom Dog Food Formulas:
- Beef Mash Dog Food Recipe: This is the beef flavor offered by the brand, especially if your dog loves the flavor.
- Chicken Cuisine Dog Food Recipe: Many dogs love a poultry flavor to their meals, and this chicken meal is exactly that.
- Pork Potluck Dog Food Recipe: If your dog prefers a fatty meal, then the pork offering is the best for them.
- Turkey Fare Dog Food Recipe: Bring the goodness of Thanksgiving by giving your dog a lean turkey meal every day.
Nom Nom Dog Food Summary:
Nom Nom Dog Food is specially formulated for pets who crave fresh dog food. It provides pre-portioned meals delivered right to your doorstep. Plus, the meals are made with human-grade ingredients and combined into complete and balanced formulas.
What’s in a Nom Nom Subscription Box:
Nom Nom offers a variety pack made for dogs that include four meals in 150-gram meal bags. They also offer a bag of free jerky treat samples. This particular pack costs $30 with no other hidden fees or commitments.
When it comes to subscriptions, pet owners have to choose the meal option that works best for their pet. Pet parents are required to fill out a form that creates their pet’s profile. Based on this profile, Nom Nom will suggest the best food option for your pet.
Nom Nom Dog Food Pros:
- Healthy Option. Nom Nom Dog Food uses carefully selected, human-grade ingredients to prepare high-quality fresh pet food. The meals are free from fillers, by-products, and artificial additives or preservatives.
- Pre-Portioned Meals. As a pet parent, you don’t need to do any prepping when it comes to Nom Nom’s foods. All the food is already pre-portioned based on your pet’s requirements and just needs to be added to their bowl.
- Helps with Health Problems. If your dog has sensitive stomach or skin problems (dandruff, itching, or dermatitis), Nom Nom pet food might offer a solution to these issues.
- Customizable Plan. Nom Nom allows formulating the food according to your dog’s metrics. Additionally, you can pick a half or a full portion.
- Dog-Friendly Flavor. If you have a picky dog, you can be sure that they will love Nom Nom dog food. This is mainly because the food is fresh in contrast to highly-processed dry kibble.
Nom Nom Dog Food Cons:
- Price. Nom Nom Dog Food is noticeably more expensive than dry pet kibble and other dog food options. While it might work for some pets, many pet parents will not be able to afford this brand of dog food.
- Lack of Portability. The food is not portable at all. This is because it needs to be refrigerated till you are ready to use it. If you are someone who travels a lot with your dog, you might find it difficult to preserve the food in the long run.
Nom Nom Dog Food Reviews:
Nom Nom Pet Food is often given positive reviews by pet parents. The brand’s website lists several positive stories from pet owners. Most customers buzz about improved pet health after switching to Nom Nom. There were a few comments that even stated that the meals help manage their pet’s IBS, parasite infections, and diabetes.
How does Nom Nom Dog Food Work?
Before you start with your Nom Nom subscription, you need to create a profile for your pet. This can be done through their website, where you will be asked to fill in information about your pooch.
The very first question that you will be asked is if you have a dog or cat. If you have more pets, you can take turns creating profiles for all of them.
After choosing your pet, you will be asked some basic questions, including your dog’s name, sex, and breed. Following this, you will be asked questions (like your dog’s weight) that will help personalize the dog food.
They offer a list of the ideal weight and sex for every breed in their database. With the help of this list, you can specify your pet’s food and calorie intake.
To make things even more detailed, Nom Nom asks about your dog’s body condition. The options are explained carefully and are easy to pick, depending on your pet’s state.
Irrespective of their recommendations, you can still choose any formula that you want. They also have other products that you can choose from during checkouts, such as treats. Following this, you will be asked for your shipping address and your billing information.
What Ingredients does Nom Nom Dog Food Use?
Nom Nom Dog Food contains premium ingredients that include whole foods and veggies. These can include a primary protein such as beef, chicken, pork, or turkey and veggies such as potatoes, carrots, and peas. It also contains other beneficial ingredients like eggs and supplements such as taurine, vitamins, and minerals.
Nom Nom offers a Beef Mash that is made using beef, potatoes, eggs, carrots, peas, and fish oil as the primary ingredients. It also contains added nutrients such as vitamin E supplements, vitamin B1, and vitamin B12 for added health benefits.
If your pooch is a fan of pork meals, then Nom Nom Pork Potluck is exactly what it needs. The food contains a combination of juicy pork, potatoes, green beans, yellow beans, mushrooms, kale, and fish oil.
Has Nom Nom Dog Food Been Recalled?
Yes, Nom Nom Pet Food has been recalled.
Nom Nom only has one recall to mention, which happened between March and May of 2021. This recall was voluntary and duet to a recall issued by one of its suppliers, Tyson Foods Inc. However, it only affected the brand’s cat food line.
How Much does Nom Nom Cost Per Month?
On average, pet owners have reported that they spend upwards of $150 per month to feed their dogs. However, some owners have also reported spending $240 per month too.
The final cost depends on various factors, such as the size of your dog, how much food they eat per day, and the ingredients they like. The final price is usually personalized and will depend on the requirements of your pet.
Is Nom Nom Dog Food Worth it?
Yes, Nom Nom Dog Food is completely worth it!
If the price of the food does not scare you, it is a great option for your pet dog. It is also great for sick dogs or dogs with common health conditions. Additionally, Nom Nom also offers discounts on the first order and coupons on a regular basis that make it easy on your pockets.