Nulo Cat Food Summary
- Best Overall Nulo Cat Food: Nulo Grain-Free Dry Cat Food – Indoor, Adult Trim, or Hairball Management
Protein-rich dry food formula for ideal weight management and hairball management.
- Best Nulo Cat Food for All Life Stages: Nulo Adult & Kitten Dry Cat Food – Grain-Free
Dry food that comes in disk-shaped kibble for the optimal oral health of cats of all ages.
- Best Wet Nulo Cat Food: Nulo Freestyle Wet Cat Food
Delicious meat in broth recipes suitable for outdoor and indoor cats of all breeds and sizes.
- Best Nulo Cat Food for Seniors: Nulo Senior Dry Cat Food for Digestive & Immune Health
A dry food formula that supports digestion, heart health, and strong immunity in senior cats.
- Best Nulo Cat Food for Coat Health: Nulo Adult & Kitten Grain-Free Canned Wet Cat Food
Antioxidant-rich food with vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids for skin and coat health.
What is Nulo Cat Food?
Nulo Cat Food is a trusted brand for cat food products established back in 2009.
Nulo Cat Foods pays special attention to including ingredients similar to what a cat would naturally eat in the wild to formulate its recipes.
All Nulo Cat Food recipes are made with high protein and low carb content for optimal nutritional benefits and weight management. Over the years, Nulo has become a reliable brand for healthy cat food.
Where is Nulo Cat Food Made?
Nulo Cat Food is headquartered at 2530 Walsh Tarlton Ln #140, Austin, TX 78746, United States.
The products of Nulo Cat Food are manufactured all over the United States: Kansas, Nebraska, and North Dakota. All the production facilities of Nulo are certified by the USDA, FDA, and AFFCO. Only the wet cat food products that come in pouches and perfect purees are prepared in their Thailand facility.
How is Nulo Cat Food Made?
Ingredients for Nulo Cat Food products are sourced from different parts of the world.
The plant-based ingredients are mostly sourced from North America. The protein ingredients from animal sources such as fish, poultry, and meat, which form a major part of every recipe, come from North America, France, and New Zealand.
All of Nulo’s products contain their patented B30 probiotic strain that supports healthy digestion. Plus, Nulo Cat Food is free of artificial ingredients and preservatives.
Is Nulo Cat Food Good for Cats?
Yes, Nulo Cat Food is good. The brand offers a wide variety of food products, which means that there is something for every cat. Plus, they contain whole meat as the first ingredient and are carefully formulated to support weight management.
All recipes contain real foods and vegetables for the highest possible nutritional value. None of the Nulo Cat Food products contain preservatives. Also, the kibble is much smaller than the regular dry cat food.
Nulo Cat Food Formulas Reviewed
Nulo offers high-quality cat & kitten food. To help cat owners find the best recipe for their pets, we reviewed the best-selling Nulo Cat Food formulas.
Summary: This Nulo pet food formula is especially meant for hairball management in cats. Prepared with 83% protein content, antioxidants, and probiotic strain of Bacillus Coagulans, this formula ensures perfect digestion and ideal weight management. It comes in easy-to-digest disk-shaped morsels in a salmon and lentil flavor.
Type: Dry cat food
Best for: Adult cats; Weight & hairball management.
Price: $5.5 per pound
- Great Ingredients: Deboned salmon, whole peas, lentils, deboned cod, rosemary extract
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Turkey meal, chicken meal, chicken fat
Review: Based on 1,697 global ratings, this product has an average rating of 4.6 / 5. Customers “highly recommend” this quality product and have found it suitable for cats with sensitive stomachs.
Summary: A grain-free turkey and duck flavored formula with fresh turkey as the first ingredient. This recipe also uses carbohydrate sources with a low glycemic index, such as lentils, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes. It comes in disc-shaped morsels for easy chewing, which also cleans the cat’s teeth of tartar and maintains oral health.
Type: Dry cat food
Best for: Adults and kittens; Oral health
Price: $10 per pound
- Great Ingredients: Deboned turkey, deboned cod, yellow peas, red lentil, dried cranberries, dried kelp
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Chicken fat preserved in mixed tocopherols
Review: Based on 1,528 global ratings, this food formula has an average rating of 4.6 / 5. Customers love the healthy list of ingredients that boosts their cat’s health.
Summary: A wet cat food in a broth that comes in 6 different flavors. A mix of five different fish and meat protein sources boosts energy and strength. This wet food has a soft texture for ease of consumption. This formula is additionally enriched with amino acids in order to support a healthy heart in kittens, adult cats, and seniors.
Type: Wet cat food
Best for: All cats; Heart health
Price: $2.49 per can
- Great Ingredients: Sardine, sardine broth, chicken, chicken broth, beef, beef broth, tuna broth, yellowfin tuna, duck, mackerel, shrimp
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: None
Review: Based on 908 global ratings, this product has an average rating of 4.1/ 5 stars. Customers claim that their cats love the savory flavored broth.
Summary: A grain-free nutritious blend with a unique Alaska Pollock flavor. 78% animal-based protein content of this formula increases senior cats’ energy and aids in proper digestion. Healthy carbohydrate sources such as whole peas and lentils enhance overall immunity and longevity.
Type: Dry cat food
Best for: Senior cats; Digestive aid & immune health
Price: $11 per pound
- Alaska pollock, duck & sweet potato
- Without white potatoes & tapioca
- Serves as a digestion aid
- Supports strong immune system
- Comes in a resealable bag
- Contains meat meals and chicken fat
- Great Ingredients: Pollock, yellow peas, green lentils, deboned duck, calcium
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Chicken meal, turkey meal, chicken fat
Review: Based on 416 global ratings, this product has an average rating of 4.5 / 5 stars. Customers claim their cats love the flavor and have shown considerable health improvement since use.
Summary: Nulo Freestyle is a grain-free wet food formula with five different protein sources. It comes in a salmon and mackerel flavor. The added blend of naturally derived vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants helps improve skin and coat health in cats and enhances vision. It can also help reduce food sensitivities and allergies.
Type: Wet cat food
Best for: All life stages; Skin and coat health
Price: $5.83 per can
- High-protein, grain-free formula
- Multiple can sizes for easier meals
- Variety of textures for palatability
- Rich in vitamin A & vitamin E
- Omega fatty acids for skin & coat health
- More expensive than similar products
- Great Ingredients: Salmon, turkey, turkey liver, salmon broth, whitefish, mackerel
- Not-so-Great Ingredients: Guar gum & agar-agar
Review: Based on 776 global ratings, this product has an average rating of 4.5 / 5. Customers appreciate the portion size and ingredient quality.
What Cat Food Formulas does Nulo Make?
Nulo Cat Food has several lines and products. The group of dry foods includes:
- Nulo Freestyle Cat Food:
- Nulo MedalSeries Cat Food:
- Nulo MedalSeries High-Protein Kibble Limited Ingredient Diet Chicken Recipe
- Nulo MedalSeries High-Protein Kibble Limited Ingredient Diet Turkey Recipe
- Nulo MedalSeries High-Protein Kibble Limited Ingredient Diet Cod Recipe
- Nulo MedalSeries High-Protein Kibble Turkey, Alaska Pollock & Red Lentils Recipe
The wet cat food line includes the following products:
- Nulo Freestyle Pate
- Nulo MedalSeries Silky Mousse
- Nulo MedalSeries Signature Stews
- Nulo Freestyle Signature Stews
Nulo Cat Food also makes freeze-dried raw diets, with the following formulas:
- Nulo Freestyle Freeze-Dried Raw Turkey & Duck Recipe
- Nulo Medalseries Tasty Toppers Beef Recipe
Nulo Cat Food also makes meal enhancers, water enhancers, bone broths, and cat treats.
- Grain-free recipe contains no corn; wheat; soy; white potatoes; tapioca; artificial colors, flavorings or preservatives.
- Nulo FreeStyle also uses fewer carbs and low glycemic ingredients like lentils, sweet potato and chickpeas.
- Patented BC30 Probiotic supports healthy gut flora.
Has Nulo Cat Food Been Recalled?
No, Nulo Cat Food did not have any recalls since its establishment in 2009.
Is Nulo Cat Food Worth it?
Yes, Nulo Cat Food is a great choice for your cat’s daily meals. The recipes are thoughtfully made with select ingredients that target specific health issues.
They do not contain harmful, toxic ingredients or artificial flavors. This makes Nulo cat food a safe and beneficial choice. However, evaluate the ingredient list carefully to make sure that you choose the correct formula for your cat’s requirements.