Related Articles: Flea Shampoo for Dogs, Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs, Flea Shampoo for Puppies, Dry Shampoo for Dogs, Dog Shampoo, Medicated Dog Shampoo, Dog Conditioner, Dog Shampoo for Dry Skin, Deshedding Shampoo for Dogs, Best Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin, Dog Shampoo for Allergies, Dog Dandruff Shampoo, Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo, Mange Shampoo for Dogs, Chlorhexidine Shampoo for Dogs, Antifungal Dog Shampoo, Natural Dog Shampoo, Dog Shampoo for Sensitive Skin, Dog Lice Shampoo, Best Puppy Shampoo
Best Oatmeal Shampoos for Dogs Summary
- Best Overall Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs: Honest Paws 5-in-1 Oatmeal Shampoo
This high-quality shampoo formula performs five roles: cleaning, deodorizing, conditioning, detangling, and moisturizing.
- Best Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs with Sensitive Skin: Vets Preferred Oatmeal Dog Wash Shampoo & Conditioner
This shampoo doubles as a conditioner keeping your dog’s coat soft, shiny, and healthy while being suited for dogs with sensitive skin.
- Best Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs with Dry Skin: WAHL Dry Skin & Itch Relief Pet Shampoo
This dog shampoo is made with pet-safe and gentle ingredients and works perfectly for dogs with itchy and dry skin.
- Best Moisturizing Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs: Veterinary Formula Solutions Ultra Oatmeal Moisturizing Shampoo
Moisturizing and nourishing shampoo that leaves the dog’s fur soft, silky, clean, shiny, and with a lasting fragrance.
- Best Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs with Itchy Skin: Pet Oatmeal Anti-Itch Shampoo & Conditioner
Featuring baking soda, this dog shampoo is perfect for dogs suffering from itchy skin and has a pleasing and lasting scent.
- Best Conditioning Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs: Pro Pet Works Organic 5 in 1 Oatmeal Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
Antioxidant and vitamin E-rich dog shampoo with aloe vera that is made in the USA and can be used on sensitive dogs.
- Best Natural Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs: Paws & Pals 5-in-1 Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
Made with oatmeal, turmeric, and sweet basil this shampoo features a tear-free and soapless formula.
Is Shampoo With Oatmeal Good for Dogs?
Yes, oatmeal shampoo for dogs is good. The oatmeal shampoo has several benefits that can improve your dog’s skin and coat health and appearance.
While most oatmeal dog shampoos are good, it is important to choose the right one – made with natural, pet-safe ingredients and free from harsh chemicals.
What are the Benefits of Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs?
The oatmeal shampoo for dogs is soothing and provides relief to itchy skin. They are also mild and often feature a hypoallergenic formula.
Let’s take a closer look a the benefits of using an oatmeal shampoo for dogs for bath time:
- Healthy Hydration. Oatmeal, being a carbohydrate, attracts water to itself. This way it helps keep your dog’s skin moisturized this preventing flaky skin and dandruff.
- Deep Cleansing. The saponins in the oatmeal act as a gentle cleanser for your dog’s coat. This helps get rid of stubborn dirt from your dog’s skin which can cause skin problems like itching and rashes.
- Soothe Sensitive Skin. Oatmeal contains a variety of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds that help minimize damage to your dog’s skin from environmental factors like bacteria, irritants, and oxidative stress.
Does Oatmeal Bath Help Dogs With Itchy Skin?
Yes, an oatmeal bath helps dogs with itchy skin. In an otherwise healthy dog, itchy skin can be caused by excess dryness. By moisturizing your dog’s coat, oatmeal can help minimize or even get rid of itching.
The anti-inflammatory properties of the oatmeal shampoo for dogs also help soothe itchiness caused by internal and external inflammatory agents like chemicals or diet-triggered side effects.
The Best Oatmeal Shampoos for Dogs Reviewed
If you cannot decide which is the best oatmeal shampoo for dogs, check our list – we have selected and reviewed the best options on the market.
Summary: As the name suggests the nourishing oatmeal shampoo for dogs plays five functions – deep cleans, deodorizes, conditions, detangles, and moisturizes. The formula features 98.25% ingredients derived from natural sources. The shampoo can be used on dogs over the age of 12 weeks.
- With natural, pet-safe ingredients
- Free from soap, chemicals, and alcohol
- Suitable for dogs of all breeds and ages
- Comes in an easy-use bottle
- Made in the USA
- Costs more than other oatmeal shampoos
Review: Reviewers are very happy with this shampoo. They say it properly cleans their dogs’ coats and doesn’t strip away their natural oils. The shampoo performs all the five functions it promises without a problem.
Summary: Made with coconut oil, palm oil, oatmeal, and aloe vera, this hypoallergenic dog shampoo is perfect for sensitive pets. The plant-based formula combines five steps of the dog grooming process into one making life so much easier for you as a pet owner.
- Made with natural high-quality ingredients
- Multipurpose and convenient formula
- With a strong hydrating effect on dog coats
- Suitable for dogs over 12 weeks of age
- Comes in an easy-use bottle
- Quite pricey in comparison to other options
Review: Customers say this oatmeal shampoo for dogs is effective at cleaning and keeping their dogs’ coats healthy. Owners of sensitive dogs mention an improvement in skin health.
Summary: This oatmeal pet shampoo is made with natural ingredients that are soothing to dogs with sensitive skin. It contains oatmeal, coconut extract, and almond oil. The shampoo is free of parabens, gluten, silicone, phthalates, alcohol, phosphates, and DEA.
- Made with premium natural ingredients
- Features coconut and lime extracts
- Highly moisturizing formula for dry skin
- Free from alcohol and harsh chemicals
- Lathers easily and is gentle on the skin
- On the more expensive end of the specter
Review: This shampoo is loved by pet parents. They are happy with how well the shampoo washes and keeps dog coats healthy.
Summary: The shampoo contains pomegranate, raspberry, jojoba oil, colloidal oatmeal, and silk protein. The formula is free of sulfates and parabens and is pH balanced for optimal care for your dog. It is classified as an ultra-moisturizing pet shampoo.
- With silk proteins and colloidal oatmeal
- Pomegranate, raspberry tea, and jojoba oil
- pH-balanced and rich in moisturizers
- Antioxidant formula
- Leaves a long-lasting fragrance
- Not a multipurpose formula
Review: Dog owners highly recommend this shampoo. They say the shampoo leaves dogs with a very pleasant scent and makes their coats look extra shiny and healthy.
Summary: This shampoo gets rid of the dog’s itching after just one use. This effect is due to its moisturizing formula that uses baking soda and oatmeal. In addition to these benefits, the shampoo conditions, cleans thoroughly and deodorizes.
- 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner
- High-quality and pet-safe ingredients
- With deodorizing baking soda
- Hypoallergenic product
- Alcohol, chemical, and soap-free
- The coconut scent is a miss with some owners
Review: One thing a lot of pet owners say about this shampoo is that it leaves their dogs smelling fresh and clean. They are also happy that the shampoo lathers easily.
Summary: This hypoallergenic shampoo is soap-free and contains several vitamins and aloe vera which help soothe irritated skin. The shampoo is also mild and rich in almond oil, which makes it the ideal choice for dogs with sensitive skin. Plus, it helps restore the skin’s natural oils.
- Gentle formula with almond oil
- Restores natural skin oils after a bath
- Vitamin E and antioxidant-rich formula
- Contains vitamins A, D and B12
- Hypoallergenic and fit for sensitive dogs
- Some dogs dislike the fragrance
Review: Dog owners with itchy dogs are in love with this oatmeal shampoo. One customer called it a miracle and said her dog’s itching improved after just one bath.
Summary: Made with oatmeal, basil, and turmeric, this dog shampoo is formulated to gently clean your pet while keeping its coat soft and moisturized. The shampoo is tear-free and you do not have to worry about getting your dog’s eyes irritated. Plus, it is free from chemicals.
- High-quality natural ingredients
- Tear-free and soapless shampoo
- Moisturizing and softening formula
- Easy-to-use pump bottle
- Made in the USA
- The fragrance is not very lasting
Review: Customer reviews on Amazon highlight many benefits including effective cleaning, moisturizing, and itch control. However, some complained about the scent being too subtle.
What is the Best Oatmeal Shampoo for a Dog?
The best oatmeal shampoo for dogs is the Honest Paws 5-in-1 Oatmeal Shampoo. The pet product ticks all boxes for efficacy, quality, and safety. Plus, its versatile formula performs several tasks at once – it cleans, deodorizes, conditions, detangles, and moisturizes.
When choosing the right oatmeal shampoo for dogs, keep the following factors in mind:
- Purpose. First of all, you need to think about the reason for getting an oatmeal shampoo for dogs – whether you need a moisturizing, cleaning, detangling formula, or a more-in-one shampoo. If you have a dog prone to skin irritations you will need a hypoallergenic shampoo.
- Ingredients. Next, read the ingredient list of the pet care product. A high-quality oatmeal shampoo for dogs is made with natural ingredients. It is also free from sulfates, parabens, DEA, synthetic dyes, alcohol, soap, artificial fragrances, and colorants.
- Active Substances. In addition to the oatmeal base, dog shampoos feature other active ingredients that boost and support skin health. Common examples include beeswax, tea tree oil, aloe vera, honey, green tea, turmeric, and fruit extracts.
- Ease-of-Use. If using the oatmeal shampoo for dogs on a more regular basis it is important to get one that is straightforward to apply. Ideally, the shampoo should lather easily and come in a convenient package.
- Brand. Finally, you should perform brief research on the brand. A reliable brand will be open about its ingredients and manufacture with cruelty-free practices. You should also check reviews from other customers.
- Cleans, deodorizes, conditions and detangles coat, moisturizes skin-- Honest Paws Well is a one-step and easy to use premium dog wash. It is all you need to keep your dog’s fur and skin soft, moisturized and clean.
- This wash uses the hydrating properties of soothing oats and aloe that replenishes the skin’s natural moisture while conditioning the fur. Prevent matting and irritation, and keep your pup happy with each bath.
- This formula can be used on all breeds and on puppies over 12 weeks of age. It is dye-free, and it does not contain MEA, DEA, sulfates, or parabens.
How Often Can I Bathe My Dog With Oatmeal Shampoo?
You can bathe your dog with oatmeal shampoo from once every week to once every month. The exact bathing frequency depends on the dog’s needs – breed, health, and lifestyle.
For example, dogs that spend a significant amount of time outside need more frequent baths while dogs with dry skin or flaky skin should not be bathed very often. On the other hand, if using the oatmeal shampoo for itch relief, daily baths are recommended.