What Are the Best Pet Carpet Cleaners?
- Best Overall Pet Carpet Cleaner: Resolve Ultra Pet Stain & Odor Remover Spray
This simple spray offers strong pet stain and pet odor removal for spot cleaning and deep clean preparation.
- Best Portable Carpet Cleaner: Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Upholstery and Portable Carpet Cleaner
Featuring a built-in handle and a lightweight design, this compact carpet cleaner can offer a deep clean on small area rugs, furniture upholstery, and more.
- Best Upright Carpet Cleaner Formula: Bissell Professional Pet Urine Eliminator with Oxy and Febreze Carpet Cleaner
This carpet cleaner solution combines the stain removal power of Oxy Clean and the odor removal power of Febreze to take care of pet messes.
- Best Easy-Use Pet Carpet Cleaner: Hoover PowerDash Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner
This lightweight yet powerful steam cleaner is made to remove tough stains and pet odors in living rooms, bedrooms, and every other room as efficiently as possible.
- Best Pet Carpet Cleaner for Spots: Rocco & Roxie Stain & Pet Odor Eliminator and Carpet Stain Remover
This strong odor removal and spot cleaner spray are perfect for quickly taking care of pet urine smells and stains without needing to use a full-sized steam cleaner.
- Quickest Pet Carpet Cleaner Spray: Bissell Pet Power Shot Oxy for Carpet
This fast-acting pet stain removal spray is perfect for quick spot cleaning pet vomit or other pet messes and completely removing any discoloration.
- Strongest Pet Carpet Cleaner: Bissell Woolite INSTAclean Permanent Pet Stain Remover
This pet mess spot cleaner spray is perfect for very tough stains that are difficult to remove as the formula uses powerful chemicals to permanently remove discoloration.
- Best Scented Pet Carpet Cleaner: Nature’s Miracle Carpet Shampoo, Deep-Cleaning Stain, and Odor Remover
This deep-cleaning solution is made for steam cleaners and carpet cleaners using a limited number of ingredients with a tropical scent.
Is a Pet Carpet Cleaner the Same As a Regular Carpet Cleaner?
No, the pet carpet cleaner is not the same as the regular carpet cleaner. The main differences are the accessories, which often include special brushes to help lift pet stains, and how much drier the carpet is after cleaning.
What Are the Benefits of Pet Carpet Cleaners?
Here is a close look at some of the benefits of using a pet carpet cleaner:
- Keeps Carpets Looking New. Carpet cleaners extend the life of your carpet by removing dirt, oil, and grime that can slowly deteriorate fibers and alter colors.
- Easily Removes Carpet Stains. When your dog or cat leaves messes, it can be tough to remove by hand. Carpet cleaners make quick work of removing pet stains.
- Prevents Repeated Accidents. When a pet mess is cleaned by a pet carpet cleaner, the scent is erased. This discourages pets from re-soiling the area.
- Maintain a Healthy Living Space. When carpet cleaners remove pet stains, they also remove odors, mustiness, and potentially harmful chemicals, improving the air quality in the space.
- Improves Home Décor. With fresh, clean carpet that complements the furniture and other décor, homes look their best after carpet cleaning.
- Versatile Functionality. Pet carpet cleaners can work on other upholstery too. Couches, area rugs, and other fabric pieces of furniture with messes can get a deep clean just as easily as carpet.
The Best Pet Carpet Cleaners Reviewed
There are different types of pet carpet cleaners on the market. Take a look at these products to decide which one is best for you.
Summary: Resolve’s spot cleaner spray is perfect for picking up small pet messes. Featuring Oxy Clean odor removal technology, this spray neutralizes smells from pet urine, vomit, or other pet odors. This cleaning product not only removes tough stains, but can be used as a primer for professional carpet cleaning.
Product Features: Adjustable spray nozzle, Oxy Clean, Resolve’s Odor-stop technology
- Refreshes spaces with a light, clean scent
- Odor neutralizer discourages pets from re-soiling
- Removes pet stains from carpet, area rugs, and upholstery
- The spray nozzle allows for spot cleaning
- Safe for use around both pets and children
- Not for use in carpet cleaning machines
Review: This carpet cleaning spray is rated 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Pet owners love this deodorizing stain tool because of how effective it is. Even against pet urine, customers say this powerful spray removes the smell and clears pet stains completely. Most users agree that this is a cost-effective way to clean pet messes.
Summary: Bissell’s compact carpet cleaner is a convenient and powerful tool for removing pet stains. With strong suction and a wide cleaning brush, it’s easy to do a deep clean of any upholstery. The large tank allows longer cleaning sessions without needing to change the water. Designed for versatility, pet owners can spot clean-on-area rugs in the car and more with this special stain remover.
Product Features: Self-cleaning hose, 3″ formidable stain tool, ergonomic handle, strong suction, and included cleaning solution.
- Every purchase benefits BISSELL Pet Foundation
- Removes pet stains and has strong suction for deep cleaning
- Features a large tank for longer cleaning sessions
- Compact and lightweight design is convenient to use
- Comes with a trial-sized Bissel stain removal formula
- Not ideal for whole rooms
Review: This stain remover is rated 4.6 out of 5 stars by Amazon customers. Most pet owners use this compact steam cleaner for removing pet stains on couches and area rugs. The powerful suction lifts even older stains and can transform upholstery in a few minutes. This affordable option is ideal for pet owners looking to do some spot cleaning to remove ugly pet stains.
Summary: The Bissell pet urine eliminator is one of the best carpet cleaning formulas available. Designed to be used with upright carpet cleaners, this solution is perfect for removing pet stains and pet odors. Using both Oxy and Febreze in this cleaner, even tough stains can be removed. This formula prioritizes odor removal and features Bissell’s stain protection technology to prevent future stains.
Product Features: Extra strength formula, scotch guard protection, OXY, Febreze odor elimination, and biodegradable detergent.
- Double strength formula
- Completely removes pet odors
- Uses scotch guard to protect upholstery in the future
- Made with biodegradable detergents
- Safe for pets and kids
- Must be used with a carpet cleaner or steam cleaner machine
Review: Highly rated on Amazon, this stain removal cleaner is 4.7 out of 5 stars, according to customers. The odor elimination is perfect for getting rid of tough stains from pet urine without having any leftover smell. The Febreze scent is pleasant while also working as a deterrent to pets that like to mark specific places. Many pet owners claim that this spray is what finally got rid of their unwanted pet odors.
Summary: Hoover’s compact carpet cleaner is perfect for removing large pet messes. The thick brush roll picks up any debris while washing the upholstery underneath. The separate tank for dirty water ensures that only clean water is being used and makes it easy to know when it’s time to refill. Made for convenience, this lightweight carpet cleaner has a long cord so pet owners can use it anywhere.
Product Features: Power drying, 20ft. cord, lightweight design, separate water tanks, brush roll, and removable nozzle.
- Features a 20ft. cord for flexibility
- Lightweight design is easy to push and carry
- Features two separate tanks for clean water and dirty water
- Uses a brush roll for maximum effectiveness
- Has heated drying for quick and convenient cleaning
- Smaller water tank than some other models
Review: This Hoover steam cleaner is rated as 4.5 out of 5 stars, thanks to the powerful suction. Most pet owners absolutely love this carpet cleaner because it’s able to get tons of pet hair cleaned up along with dirt and grime. Customers also love how easy it is to use the cleaner and how lightweight it is. The combination of detergent, brush rolls, and heated drying makes this a great option for removing tough stains around the house.
Summary: This carpet cleaning spray is one of the toughest spot cleaners available. Made to permanently remove pet urine and the pet odors that come with it, the professional-grade formula works perfectly. The wide nozzle spray makes it easy to cover bigger spots in less time. Just spray, wait, and use the vacuum cleaner on the area to remove any pet messes.
Product Features: Easy to use spray, professional-grade cleaning solution, and bio-enzymatic chemicals.
- Completely removes tough stains
- Eliminates pet odors permanently
- Designed as a professional carpet cleaning strength formula
- Works on carpets, area rugs, upholstery, hard floors, and tiles
- Safe for pets and children
- Must sit for 30-60 minutes for best results
Review: Rated at 4.5 out of 5 stars, most customers agree that this is one of the best carpet cleaners around. An affordable option for spot cleaning tough pet urine stains, pet owners love that the strong odor removal also deters pets from making messes in the future. Quick and easy to apply, customers are very satisfied with this professional-grade carpet cleaner.
Summary: Bissell’s Power Shot pet stain remover is perfect for repeat pet messes. This strong cleaning product uses oxygen-activated ingredients to fully remove any discoloration from pet messes. Pet odors are also removed with ease, and pets are deterred from making new messes in the future. For quick and easy spot cleaning, this spray is the best solution.
Product Features: Focused spray head, oxygen-activated ingredients, and patented odor elimination technology
- Uses oxygen-activated stain remover
- Completely eliminates pet odors
- Discourages pets from re-soiling the area
- Uses a strong spray with no hazardous propellants
- Lifts and removes pet vomit easily
- Not ideal for large areas
Review: This stain removal spray is rated as 4.6 out of 5 stars by customers on Amazon. Pet owners love how well the stains disappear after using this spray. Even deep reds and greens can be lifted from carpeting, area rugs, and other upholstery with ease. The formula is affordable and dependable, so most pet owners say they only use this spray for removing tough stains. The spray also works quickly, so pet messes can be clean in minutes.
Summary: Bissell’s Woolite pet stain removal spray uses the Oxy stain destroyer formula to lift up pet messes. Ideal for carpeting and other upholstery, the solution also comes with a fresh, clean scent. Any pet mess can be quickly cleaned up with this spray. The spray only takes 30 seconds to start working and can be left on for longer to handle tough stains.
Product Features: Simple bottle sprayer, Stomp ‘n Go cleaning pad, and Oxy pet stain destroyer solution.
- Uses Oxy pet stain destroyer formula
- Eliminates pet odors quickly and efficiently
- Deters pets from leaving messes in the future
- Leaves a fresh scent on the cleaned spot
- Includes a Stomp 'n Go lifting pad
- May need multiple cleanings for large pet messes
- Must be thoroughly removed from the carpet
Review: This pet mess cleaner is highly rated, with 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Customers say that this cleaning spray removes old pet stains, deep pet stains, or any other tough stains on upholstery. The formula works quickly, and pet owners love that it comes with a lifting pad to help remove stains. Even the worst pet messes can be cleaned with a few sprays of this powerful formula.
Summary: This carpet shampoo is perfect for deep cleaning carpets and other upholstery. This shampoo is made for professional-grade carpet cleaners and steam cleaners for retailers. The strong formula works with any water-based carpet cleaning machine. The easy-to-pour bottle holds plenty of liquid for multiple refills on carpet cleaners. The strong chemicals lift out stains and odors while leaving behind a fresh scent.
Product Features: Professional-grade chemicals, carpet cleaner, and steam cleaner compatibility, and it comes in a simple container.
- Designed for use with carpet cleaning machines and steam cleaners
- Deep cleans carpet and upholstery stains to lift them from the fabric
- Contains bio-enzymatic technology to permanently remove pet odors
- Special formula works to maintain brightly colored area rugs or other fabrics
- Leave behind a fresh, tropical scent
- Not ideal for spot cleaning
- Cannot be used on leather or 100% cotton upholstery
Review: Customers on Amazon rate this product as 4.5 out of 5 stars. Many pet owners love how simple and affordable the solution is. Stains are removed easily, and the mix works well with popular cleaning machines like the Rug Doctor and even automatic carpet cleaners that are water-based. This versatile carpet cleaner shampoo removes pet odors permanently, leaving pet owners very happy.
What Should I Look for in a Pet Carpet Cleaner?
When shopping for a pet carpet cleaner, consider the following features:
- Weight. Carpet cleaners are heavy, especially once they’ve been filled with water. Choose a model that is lightweight to save yourself some energy.
- Reach. Make sure that the power cord, hose, and accessories can properly serve your space. Choose models that fit the needs of your home without causing needless plugging and unplugging.
- Volume. Carpet cleaners are loud, but some are louder than others. If you have a noise-sensitive dog, consider choosing a quieter model to reduce pet anxiety.
- Dual Tanks. Single water tank carpet cleaners are useful for regular cleaning, but if you have a pet that often makes messes or sheds a lot of pet hair, a dual tank carpet cleaner will be more convenient and effective.
How do You Use a Pet Carpet Cleaner?
Using a carpet cleaner is easy to do. Here are the basic steps to using a steam cleaner:
- Pre-treat the carpet or upholstery with a pet stain removal spray.
- Fill the water tank with hot water from a sink.
- Add the carpet cleaning solution to the water tank. If your carpet cleaner has two tanks, fill the cleaning solution tank according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure the carpet cleaner is set to floor cleaning rather than tool use.
- Set the intensity according to how much deep cleaning you need to do.
- Move any furniture out of the area you will be cleaning.
- Start the steam cleaner in the area furthest away from you, so you don’t step on the freshly cleaned carpet.
- Clean small sections at a time and be patient, as carpet cleaning can take a long time.
- Replace any dirty water with clean water. For large area clean-ups, you will need to change the water multiple times.
- Allow the carpet to fully dry before replacing furniture or using the space to prevent mold.