Table of Contents
Best Pooper Scoopers for Cats at a Glance
- WePet Cat Litter Scooper: Best overall pooper scooper – We like the pooper scooper for cats as it fits all criteria for quality, durability, and user-friendliness.
- Petmate 29112 Jumbo Litter Sifter: Best budget-friendly cat pooper scooper – We like the affordable price of this pooper scooper for cats.
- DuraScoop Jumbo Cat Litter Scoop: Best aluminum pooper scooper – We like the all-metal design of the pooper scooper for cats, which ensures long usage.
- IPRIMIO Cat Litter Scooper with Deep Shovel: Best non-stick pooper scooper – We like the non-stick coating that enables easy cleaning of this pooper scooper for cats.
- Amazon Basics Litter Scoop: Best in minimalistic design – We like the simplicity of this pooper scooper for cats.
- Neater Scooper and Refill Bag: Best pooper scooper with waste bin and bags – We like the added features of this pooper scooper for cats.
What are the Benefits of Using a Pooper Scooper for Cats?
Practicality is the main benefit of using a pooper scooper for cats. Here is a more detailed review of the benefits of using a pooper scooper for cats:
- Segregates Clean Litter. Pooper scoopers for cats have slits that make picking poop from the litter easy. The clean litter sifts down from the gaps in between the scooper.
- No Mess. The pooper scooper for cats makes it easy to clean the cat poop and leaves no mess behind. This is a big deal for squeamish cat owners.
- Easy to Use. These pooper scoopers are designed so conveniently that they are easy to use with no touching necessary. These scoopers are fit to pick all sorts of litter.
- Health Monitoring. Since poop quality is an indicator of health, scooping is the ideal time for a quick checkup. Maybe the poop is soft, and your cat needs probiotics.
The Best Pooper Scoopers for Cats Reviewed
Cat supplies are abundant on the pet market, and pooper scoopers for cats are no exception. So, what popper scooper for cats is the best pick? Here, we have reviewed the best poop scoops.
Summary: This pooper scooper for cat by WePet is made from aluminum steel. It is shaped like a shovel. The scooper has a smart sifter spacing that only lets the clean litter pass through.
The WePet Cat Litter scooper also comes with an ergonomic grip durable handle that makes sure the cat poop is lifted easily. The body of the scooper is built with a full aluminum alloy cast that makes it durable and robust. The body is also rust-resistant. The scooper comes in a variety of colors.
The dimensions of the scooper are 14inch in length by 5.5inch in width.
- Deep shovel sifter design
- Strong handle
- Easy to rinse
- Convenient in shape and size
- Vertically aligned slots for easy sifting of litter
- Does not pick small poop pieces
Review: A good 88% of the users find this pooper scooper for cats up to mark with no complaints. They find it sturdy and well made. However, some users find its serrated edge feature a bit of a flaw as it prevents users from picking small poop pieces.
Summary: PetMate also makes litter and scoopers for cats. This pooper scooper for cats is affordably priced as it’s made from recycled plastic. It has a wide mouth for picking cat poop and has large slits to sift the litter easily.
The PetMate litter sifter scooper uses Microban technology to keep the stains. It also prevents the growth of mold, bacteria, and mildew on the scooper at bay. The handle is eco-friendly, sturdy, and easy to scoop.
The size of the scooper is nearly the same as WePet’s, with dimensions 11.4inch in length and 4.2inch in width.
- Odor and stain resistant
- Made from recycled plastic
- Durable construction made to last years
- Large slits of varied sizes
- Appropriately designed for scooping cat poop
- Very affordable
- Sticker label difficult to remove
Review: The PetMate litter sifter scooper has pretty good reviews. Most users found it sturdy and durable. Users suggest ordering a size bigger as jumbo is not jumbo. Another minor trouble users found is the sticker label over the scooper surface itself. Peeling it off was the real deal for many. But for the price, the pooper scooper for cats is good.
Summary: This cat litter scooper by DuraScoop is jumbo-sized. Namely, it is 12.7-inch long and 5.9-inch wide. The DuraScoop scooper is made from rust-resistant solid cast aluminum and an ergonomic handle. The scooper has a comfortable grip.
It is also built to last with no bends and breaks. For sifting clean litter, it has large sifts of various shapes all over the surface.
Along with this, it is lightweight and deep. The handle has a phthalate-free plastic coating that is nonslip and soft. It is perfect for scooping the poop of small and large cats from litter.
- Durable and lightweight
- Solid cast aluminum construction
- Jumbo in size
- Rust and corrosive resistant
- No breaking, bending, or flicking
- Not a good sifter
Review: 89% of the over 30,000 reviews gave it five stars. It is a well-rated jumbo litter scooper. Users found it durable, affordable, and easy to use. Few users found its sifting not up to the mark.
Summary: What makes this cat litter scooper by IPRIMIO special is its non-stick coating. Unlike other scoopers, this scooper has a non-stick coating that will make it easy to clean. It also has a decent size with 13.25-inch in length and 5-inch width.
This plastic litter scoop is coated with the same material as non-stick pans. It has an ergonomic grip with an eyelet hole for easy storage. It is a deep shovel with 4mm of sifting width for clean sifting of litter.
- Made from durable aluminum
- Rounded corners to eliminate gaps
- Highly durable
- Comes with a plastic hanger
- Non-stick coating leaves no residue behind
- Not so non-sticky
Review: A good number of 85% of the users find it useful, sturdy, and the best sifter ever. At the same time, few users have complaints about its non-sticky feature. Many reviewers found it opposite of non-sticky as litter sticks to the surface of scooper badly.
Summary: The Amazon Basics litter scooper is minimalistic in design. It is made from metal and durable aluminum with a durable, long handle.
This metal cat litter scoop has smooth scraping ends for picking poop from all kinds of litter like clay, crystal litter, all-natural wheat, or corn litter. This pooper scooper measures 14-inch in length and 5-inch in width, which is decent.
The slits are designed wee enough to leave the clean litter back to the cat litter box after picking poop.
- Minimalistic design
- Decent size
- Decently priced
- By Amazon Basics
- Heavy-duty metal scooper
- Not so durable
Review: 73% of the users gave it five stars from around 1400 users. They found it helpful as it does not break the poop and scoops it well. However, few others found it less turdy and less durable. The handle is not so impressive either.
Summary: This best cat litter scoop stands out from the rest. For one, this scooper by Neater comes with a refill bag. It has an attached bin at the end to collect the poop for two. The scooper is attached to a bin, so when you pick the poop from the litter, the clean litter actually falls back to the litter, and poop falls in the waste bin.
The refill bag that it comes with is tied to the waste bag, making poop disposal easy. It comes with 60 slightly scented refill bags. Litter pan makes cleaning poop easy as no litter is spread around while lifting poop.
- Scoop to bag pooper scooper system
- Comes with easy ting waste bags
- Useful for picking multiple poop pockets at once
- 11.7 inches in length and 5.9 inches in width
- 60 waste disposal bags
- Not compatible with pellet litter
Review: This pooper scooper for cats has kind of mixed reviews. It is easy to use but not for too long. The users find it a bit messy. It is useful for small cats.
What is the Best Pooper Scooper for Cats?
- WePet 2 Inch deep shovel is an upgrade version, it’s built to make poop scooping so easy, the smooth shape is designed for cover all the corners of your cat’s litter box and reach deeply for each scoop.
- WePet litter scooper shovel captures dirty, wet clumps and sift only clean litter, crystals to easily pass through. This helps keep your kitty’s litter box fresh and clean.
- The body is waterproof and very easy to clean, rust-resistant and corrosion resistant. It’s highly recommended by cat lovers for everyday use.
The best pooper scooper for cats is the WePet Cat litter scooper. As pet parents, while choosing pooper scoopers for cats on Amazon or Chewy, ensure that they have the following qualities:
- Decent Sized Sifts. Sifts within the pooper scooper should be the main consideration. These are responsible for scooping the poop quickly from the litter.
- Durable and Sturdy. The grip handle of the pooper scooper should be durable, and the scooper should be like a deep shovel. This allows for scooping the cat droppings effortlessly, especially when your cat is suffering from diarrhea.
- Round Corners. The kitty litter scoop should be of decent size with round corners. This ensures that the scooper can easily get into the non-clumping or clumping cat litter and ensure easy cleaning of the kitty litter box.
- Easy to Clean. The pooper scooper for cats should be easy to clean such that no residue is left stuck to the surface of the pooper scooper. Choosing a metal pooper scooper works well depending on the type of litter.
- Additional Features. Check if the pooper scooper for cats has extra accessories. For example, added features like litter lifters and litter scoop holders are very convenient and make scooping the cat litter tray much easier.
Should I Scoop My Cat’s Poop Right Away?
If the cat poop is solid enough, cat owners can scoop it right away to make space for the cat to lie down comfortably. Cat’s like to sit comfortably and in a clean space.
If a cat does not find a clean space to sit, you should not blame your cat for pooping and peeing all over your place.
What is the Best Way to Dispose of Cat Poop?
The best way to dispose of cat poop is by firstly scooping the cat poop off the litter into waste bags or caddy using a pooper scooper. You can then transfer the pooper scooper content into a trash bag and throw it away. It is recommended to use a biodegradable cat poop bag to dispose of cat poop to stay eco-friendly.