Table of Contents
Pooper Scoopers With Bags Summary
- Best Overall Pooper Scooper with Bags: ARM & HAMMER Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper
We like this pooper scooper with bag because it ticks all boxes for practicality and quality.
- Best Pooper Scooper With Bags for Large Dogs: Hygena Scoop Rake Large Bag Pooper Scooper
We recommend this pooper scooper with bag because it is suitable for owners with large pet dogs.
- Best Pooper Scooper With Bag for Tall Dog Owners: GoGo Stik ST the Totally Clean Pooper Scooper
We suggest this pooper scooper because it is user-friendly and helpful for tall pet owners.
- Best Pooper Scooper With Bag for Small Dogs: Handiscoop Small Pet Select Combo- Pooper Scooper
We chose this pooper scooper with bag because it is easy to use for small breed dogs.
What are the Benefits of Using a Pooper Scooper With Bags?
Pooper scooper with bags is all about practicality and ease of use. But, there are some additional benefits. Let’s take a closer look at why you should use a pooper scooper with bags:
- Better hygiene. Using a scooper with a pet waste bag is a more hygienic method than using your hands or a scooper without a bag. A pooper scooper with bags minimizes the risk of the transfer of germs, parasites, and worms from the poop to your hands.
- Reduces contact between you and your dog’s poo. For owners who simply prefer to keep as far away as possible from poo, a pooper cooper with bags is the perfect solution. Some people are more squeamish than others, and if you are one of the former, any way to distance yourself from dog poo should be welcome.
- Reduces clean-up time. When cleaning without a scoop, you have to go through multiple steps of preparation every time your dog poops. First, you take out the bag, bend over to collect the poo, tie the bag, and then put it away. With a bag-fitted scoop, all you have to do is pull on the handle and scoop the poop right up. No need to prepare a bag every time. If you think one bag will not be enough for your walk, you can attach multiple bags to the scoop to save you some time.
- Keeps the scoop clean. Poop bags for dogs act as a barrier between the poop and the scoop. This way, you don’t have to clean the scoop as much as you would need to if it came into contact with the poop. All you would need to do is disinfect the scoop whenever you feel it is necessary to prevent the bacteria from multiplying on it.
- No bending. Having to bend every time your doggie takes a poop takes the fun out of your walk. A scoop with the perfect length saves you the trouble of having to bend at all. This is more than convenient since bending repeatedly can have adverse effects on the health of the back in the long run.
- Ideal for people with physical limitations. Dog owners with limited or compromised physical ability and mobility can benefit from pooper scoopers with bags. This is because the operation doesn’t require much physical effort and can sometimes be performed with one hand only. Such groups of people include the elderly, people with injuries, those with back or joint problems, and people living with arthritis.
The Best Pooper Scoopers With Bags Reviewed
The pet supply market offers dozens of different pooper scooper with bags products. To help you choose the right one, we have reviewed some of the best pooper scoopers with bags.
Summary: This best-seller pooper scooper with bags from Arm & Hammer is popular for its durable build. The bin and rake are both made from a sturdy plastic material for maximum longevity. The pole is 32 inches, so you don’t have to bend at all as you clean up after your dog.
- Comes with bags and a waste bag dispenser
- Poo neutralizing and scented bags
- The handle is long (32 inches)
- Works on multiple surfaces
- Lightweight for easy carrying (1.5 lbs)
- Not suitable for large dogs
Review: Amazon reviews describe this pooper scooper as non-breakable, easy to use, and put together. Customers love how much easier the scoop makes clean-up duty.
Summary: This pet pooper scooper has a unique feature – a lid. The lid stops flies and moisture from getting in and also protects you from the odor of the poo. The handle of the scooper is made from stainless steel to prevent rusting.
- The large bin is suitable for large dogs
- The tray has a ramp-style edge for easy scooping
- Works on multiple surfaces, including concrete, grass, and gravel
- The bin has a lid to keep flies and moisture out
- The purchase doesn’t come with bags
Review: Dog owners highly recommend this scooper to others because of its size, easy maintenance, and easy setup. Owners of large dogs are especially pleased with how much poop the scoop can hold in one go.
Summary: This scooper has a unique design that doesn’t include a rake to push the poop into the bag. Instead, it relies, on one hand, on to scooch the poop into the bag. The rod is made from sturdy plastic that is strong and durable.
- Long adjustable handle (25 to 36 inches)
- Comes with ten free, unscented Dootie bags
- Allows the dog to poop directly into the bag
- Lightweight (9.3 ounces)
- Getting the poop into the bag can be a little hard since there is no scooping mechanism
- Doesn’t work well on hard surfaces like concrete
Review: Fans of the GoGo stick love the fact that it allows them to catch dog poop before it even hits the ground making clean up that much faster. This is in addition to the fact that the stick allows them to pick up poo without ever touching it.
Summary: The Handiscoop is the perfect lightweight scoop for a lightweight dog. The scoop has a trigger-like lever on which you pull to scoop the poo. The scoop can hold up to four poops, so you don’t have to worry about emptying after each poop.
- Comes with 80 bio-degradable bags
- Lightweight for easy carrying
- Works on multiple surfaces
- The bags are scented to minimize odor from the poop
- Not long enough to scoop without bending
Review: Despite how short the handle is, customers still say the scoop makes poop clean up very easy and much easier than picking with the hands. The sturdy build of the scoop is another feature dog owners seem to love about this scoop.
What is the Best Dog Pooper Scooper With Bags?
The Arm & Hammer Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper is the best pooper scooper with bags. This is because the scooper meets all the requirements of a high-quality and reliable pooper scooper with bags.
Any good dog pooper scooper with bags should have the same qualities. Before clicking checkout, you should consider the following factors:
- High-quality bags. The dog waste bags used on a scooper should have an extra thick material that is strong enough to withstand the wear from scooping the poop onto the tray. They should also be leak-proof and, if possible, compostable and eco-friendly. Thin, flimsy bags would easily tear, which would defeat the purpose of having a bag on the scoop in the first place.
- Lightweight. Considering the fact that you will most likely use your scoop while on the move, it is crucial for it to be light enough to carry around comfortably. Lightweight doesn’t mean flimsy. A good scoop should have a good balance of both.
- Long handle. A good scoop should have a long handle, so you don’t have to bend as you pick up your dog’s waste. Handle lengths range from 15 to 35 inches. If you are above average height, opt for the longer handles so that you don’t have to bend much when scooping.
- Durability. Opt for scoops with a heavy-duty design that is built to last a long time. It is definitely worth it to splurge a little on a scoop that will last you years to come.
- Rust-resistant tray and rake. Considering the nature of the job of a dog poop scoop, it requires regular washing. Materials like stainless steel and aluminum are able to resist rust even with constant contact with water and, for this reason, should be the ones you look out for in a good scoop.
- Large metal tray or jaw scoop. Owners of large dogs should choose scoops that can carry a reasonably large amount of poop to minimize the number of trips they have to make to the bin while cleaning. Owners with multiple small dogs could also benefit from having a larger scoop that can collect more in one go.
- Compact design for easy storage. To save on space, modern scoop designs are made to be as compact as possible, usually by having an attachment on the tray handle on which the rake can attach. Take into account the amount of space you have as you choose a scoop. A foldable scoop may be a worthy consideration for owners with limited space.
How do You use a Poop Bag on a Pooper Scooper?
Using a pooper scooper with bags is straightforward. Here are the steps explained:
- Have your pooper scooper ready.
- Get a bag from the dog poop bag dispenser or dog poop bag holder. Open the bag like you would a normal plastic bag to put something in it.
- Place the open bag inside the poop scoop, spade, or tray, leaving a little out. Think of it as lining a small bin.
- Tuck the remaining portion of the bag around the mouth of the scoop.
- At this point, your scoop is ready.
- To get the poop into the bag, simply scoop it onto the tray like you would if there was no bag.
- When the bag is full, unwrap it from the scoop and tie it closed. Dispose of the bags in your trash can or through your preferred channel of disposal.