Table of Contents
What is the Best Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea?
- Best Overall Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea: Fruitables Pumpkin Digestive Supplement
This is our top pick for the best pumpkin for dogs with diarrhea, thanks to the various health benefits it offers.
- Best Organic Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea: Native Pet Organic Pumpkin for Dogs
If you are looking for organic pumpkins with high fiber content, this product is exactly what you need.
- Best Powdered Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea: Wild Acre Pumpkin Powder for Dogs
This is the best pumpkin powder you can get your furry friend that is soothing on their digestive tract leading to exceptional pet health.
- Most Delicious Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea: Weruva Pumpkin Patch Up! for Dogs
If your dog needs something delicious as a food topper for their meals, this product is loaded with vitamin A and can also be used as a dog treat.
- Most Innovative Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea: Diggin’ Your Dog Firm UP! Pumpkin Super Supplement for Dogs
This innovative recipe is perfect for feeding pumpkin to your dog, especially if they have a case of diarrhea and are looking for a bland diet.
- Best Digestible Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea: Nutri-Vet Digestive Supplement Fresh Pumpkin + SuperBlend Formula
This product improves digestive health and helps regulate bowel movements by offering the benefits of raw pumpkin.
- SOOTHES UPSET STOMACHS: Special formula contains high fiber pumpkin and other healthy ingredients to soothe your pet’s upset stomach
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY DIGESTION: Perfect to feed daily as a fibrous digestive boost
- GREAT FOR BOTH DOGS & CATS: Our pumpkin digestive blend is a healthy food addition for both dogs and cats
Will Pumpkin Stop Diarrhea in Dogs?
Yes, pumpkin for dog diarrhea is helpful.
Pumpkin is a known ingredient that can stop diarrhea in dogs, much to the relief of pet owners. It is rich in fiber and has optimum levels of vitamin C and water content. In addition to helping with diarrhea, pumpkin helps weight loss and is nutrient-dense.
If a dog is suffering from diarrhea, a few tablespoons of pumpkin can help dog owners manage the issue.
What are the Benefits of Giving a Dog Pumpkin for Diarrhea?
There are several benefits of giving your dog pumpkin:
- Dense Nutrient Profile. Pumpkin can be considered a superfood for dogs. It is packed with Vitamins A, C, and E. It also contains beneficial nutrients like iron and potassium that boost your dog’s nutrition.
- Supports Digestion. Pumpkin contains fiber that helps support your dog’s digestion. It works great on both large and small dogs. While you can give your dog plain canned pumpkin, you can find a lot of dog foods that have been formulated with the ingredient.
- Provides Energy. Pumpkin offers energy to your dog to play all day. It does this by regulating your dog’s poop depending on the amount of pumpkin you feed them.
- Prebiotic Powerhouse. Pumpkins contain a wide range of prebiotics that improve your dog’s diet and GI health. Just with a little pureed pumpkin, you can also counter your dog’s diarrhea with ease.
- Immunity & Digestive Health. Overall, pumpkin offers a host of benefits, including boosting immunity and building your dog’s digestive health.
Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea Reviewed
There are many pumpkin-based supplements for dogs. Here is an in-depth review of some of the best pumpkin for dog diarrhea products.
Summary: This pumpkin digestive supplement has great additions of soothing herbs like ginger and spearmint combined with fruit & vegetable fiber and selected vitamins to soothe and help support the GI tract.
It is rich in antioxidants to support the digestive system and sustain a strong immune system. Several B vitamins are also included to help cells produce energy, metabolize protein and fat, support immune function, and provide nutrients when the GI tract’s microflora is out of balance.
- With high-quality ingredients
- Offers a fibrous digestive boost
- Suitable for daily use
- Perfect for both dogs and cats
- Produced in the USA
- Often out of stock
Review: This product contains a special formula with high-fiber pumpkin and other healthy ingredients to soothe your pet’s upset stomach. Amazon customers give this pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Summary: This product contains 100% organic ingredients that have been formulated by a leading vet nutritionist. Additionally, it has been air-dried to preserve maximum nutrition. This product addresses acute diarrhea, relieves constipation, and aids with food sensitivity.
If the animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop administration and consult your veterinarian. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product. The product also helps pups pass something they ate that could otherwise cause problems.
- Designed by a leading veterinary nutritionist
- Perfect replacement for canned pumpkin puree
- Can be customized for your dog’s size
- Contains organic pumpkin, pumpkin seed, and apple powder
- Provides all-natural digestive support and relief
- Some ingredients could cause an allergic reaction
Review: This recipe is an all-natural fiber solution that’s poured over dry kibble or mixed with water to create a delicious pumpkin puree that dogs love. Amazon customers give this pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Summary: This Premium Pumpkin powder is manufactured responsibly in the USA without the use of corn, artificial ingredients, or colors in their products. The pumpkin powder is not derived from dairy or soy so you can feel confident about serving it to your furry best friend.
Sprinkle pumpkin fiber powder for dogs on your pet’s food to support healthy digestion while adding a boost of flavor and nutrition. Alternatively, mix dry pumpkin powder with water to create a creamy pumpkin puree.
- Rich in soluble fiber
- Easy to use, safe, and effective
- Helps firm up stools
- Supports healthy digestion
- Perfect for dry, wet, and raw diets
- Often out of stock on online retailers
Review: This dog pumpkin powder is the perfect replacement for expensive canned pumpkin puree. The powder can be customized for your dog’s size and reduces wastage. Amazon customers give this pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Summary: Pumpkin is a great source of soluble & insoluble fibers to support your dog’s and cat’s digestive system. Weruva combines the healthy digestive benefits of pumpkin in an easy-to-serve pouch. The product is puréed for easy mixing with only two ingredients – pumpkin and water.
Additionally, it is grain-free, gluten-free, GMO-Free, and BPA-Free. The brand has combined the healthy digestive benefits of pumpkin with the fatty acids of coconut oil and added fibers of flaxseeds to help improve your dog’s or cat’s skin and coat health.
- Support gut motility & stool quality
- Contains natural soluble & insoluble fibers
- Ships in a convenient carton for pantry storage
- Puréed for easy feeding
- Available in a convenient BPA-free pouch
- Similar products available in the same price range
Review: Contains pumpkin, coconut oil, and flaxseeds for an added boost of Omegas and essential fatty acids that help support healthy skin and coat for dogs & cats. Amazon customers give this pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Summary: With only two simple ingredients (drum-dried pumpkin and apple pectin), this recipe is made for sensitive and picky eaters. All natural and premium ingredients are completely sourced and made in the USA (even the BPA-free bag).
The product is additionally recommended by vets. For dogs and cats going through diet changes, Firm Up assists in easing the transition by adding fiber. In turn, this helps to support healthy anal glands, minimizing the need for gland expression.
- Healthy and limited ingredient formula
- Supports overall gastrointestinal health
- Prevents loose stool and makes poop scooping easy
- Can help dogs with anal gland issues
- Comes in a resealable package for freshness
- Could lead to constipation in rare cases
Review: The Firm Up pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement quickly and effectively supports stool consistency for occasional diarrhea and constipation due to dietary indiscretion. Amazon customers give this pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Summary: Nutri-Vet Digestive Supplement for Dogs and Cats is a veterinarian formulated with fresh pumpkin + SuperBlend. The unique blend of natural fruit & vegetable help to quickly soothe an upset tummy and supports overall healthy digestion and stool quality.
Simply mix the gluten-free pumpkin topper with your pet’s existing food to give your pet a fiber and nutrient boost on a daily basis. Nutri-Vet products are made in the USA with premium ingredients.
- Made with fresh pumpkin
- Offers a fiber and nutrient boost on a daily basis
- Contains natural fruit and vegetable fibers
- Formulated by veterinarians
- Made in the USA with premium ingredients
- Some dogs dislike the flavor
Review: Mix Nutri-Vet Digestive Supplement with your pet’s food to quickly soothe an upset tummy and support overall healthy digestion and stool quality. Amazon customers give this pumpkin for dog diarrhea supplement 4.6 out of 5 stars.
How Much Pumpkin Do I Give a Dog with Diarrhea?
In order to regulate your dog’s diarrhea, it is suggested that you give them 1 to 4 tablespoons of pumpkin powder in every meal.
You can start with small quantities to avoid an overdose of fiber through your dog’s diet. It is best to consult your vet to find out the exact amount that would be beneficial for managing your dog’s stool.
What Happens if I Give My Dog Too Much Pumpkin?
If you give your dog too much pumpkin, it can upset their digestive system.
Pumpkin contains prebiotics that can cause gastrointestinal distress and prevent the absorption of beneficial nutrients from the diet.
In such cases, the digestive upset is transient and usually resolves on its own, once you stop giving the pumpkin supplement.
We should note that it is important to stick to pumpkin supplements made for dogs. Alternatively, you can use homemade pumpkin puree. You must not use pumpkin pie fillings as it often contains xylitol (which is toxic to dogs) and potentially harmful seasonings.
How Long Does it Take for Pumpkin to Help a Dog’s Stomach?
It does not take long for pumpkin to show its benefits.
Pumpkin for dog diarrhea starts working as soon as it reaches the intestines. However, depending on the diarrhea cause, it can take a few days for the problem to resolve. For faster effects, you can use the pumpkin supplement in conjunction with probiotics for dogs.