Purina is a pet food retailer and brand that understands that “pets and people are better together.” They are determined to elevate pet nutrition in order to ensure maximum pet welfare.
We liked the way in which their customers have considered them a trustworthy brand for over 90 years and that they provide a wide range of products for various pet needs.
- Purina is a pet food brand driven by the concept that “pets and people are better together”
- You can buy their products online through their official web store purina.com among other places
- Their main goal is to create richer lives for pets and pet owners all the while being eco-friendly
- They pride themselves on having provided top-quality pet products for more than 90 years
What is Purina?
Purina is an American pet food brand driven by the idea that “pets and people are better together.” This brand is determined to push pet nutrition forward and ensure maximum pet welfare. The main goal of Purina is to create richer lives for both pets and pet owners while being eco-friendly. Purina makes its own pet food and products in its company-owned facilities around the world, utilizing sustainable manufacturing practices.
- Purina ONE Natural Smart Blend Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is a blend of high-quality protein sources
- Chicken is the primary ingredient and paired with other premium proteins helps to build strong muscles and healthy hearts.
- Omega-6 is a great ingredient to give your dog a beautiful coat as well as healthy and beautiful skin
- The natural sources of glucosamine aid in maintaining healthy joints
- Highly digestible so more nutrition goes to work inside your dog
Who Makes Purina?
Purina is made by an American subsidiary of Nestlé and is also known as Nestlé Purina Petcare, with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. The brand started in 1894 when William H. Danforth partnered with George Robinson and William Andrews and founded the animal feed company, Purina Mills. In 1986, Purina sold the animal feed business and has focused solely on dog and cat food. Since then they have been using the extrusion, now called asa “kibble”. Nestle acquired Purina in 2001 for a whopping $10.3 billion.
What Other Brands does Purina Make?
Today, Purina works under the parent company known as “Nestle” and offers a variety of brands like Purina Pro Plan, Alpo, Beggin’, Purina Dog Chow, Friskies, Beneful, Bella, Purina One, Denta Life, Busy, Beyond, EverRoot, Just Right, Moist & Meaty, Prime, Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets, Puppy Chow, SecondNature, the Pioneer Woman, Trekker’s, Breeze, Fancy Feast, Friskies, Kit & Kaboodle, Petivity, Cat Chow, Tidy Cats, Whisker Lickin’s, etc.
What does Purina Sell?
What Dog Products does Purina Sell?
Purina dog products include a variety of foods. They sell anything from dry and wet dog foods especially catered for puppies and senior dogs to grain-free and natural diets. Purina also offers a rich selection of treats made specifically for dogs, as well as a unique dog litter which is perfect for potty training purposes.
Purina dog food products include the following:
- Dry Dog Food: Most dogs love eating dry dog food. All of the dry dog foods that Purina offers are complete and balanced, specially to meet your dog’s nutritional needs. It’s important to consider your dog’s age and size to make the perfect selection for them. If you opt for pure dry dog food, make sure to provide ample amounts of clean and fresh water daily to prevent renal problems among various other possible issues.
- Wet Dog Food: While many dogs enjoy dry food like kibbles, some may also enjoy the mouthwatering healthy wet foods for adult dogs that Purina has to offer.
- Personalized Dog Food: At Purina, they understand that each dog is unique and that their food should, therefore, be unique and balanced too. Mix-and-match recipes provide you with the opportunity to choose the ideal food based on your dog’s needs.
- Grain-Free Dog Food: Choosing a grain-free dog food should by no means compromise the variety of flavors or textures that your dog enjoys. In the large selection of Purina grain-free dog food, you’ll be sure to find something they love in one of the nutritious grain-free dog food formulas. These options have no wheat, corn, rice, and other grains in them. Nonetheless, it provides high-quality carbohydrates for energy sources as well as animal protein being its main ingredient making sure that your adult dogs get a balanced diet.
- Senior Dog Food: As dogs age, their physical strength and mental sharpness start to deteriorate. It is ideal to gradually shift to a specialized senior diet as your dog hits seven years of age to meet the changing nutritional requirements of an aging dog. Purina senior dog food products are specifically formulated to nourish your older dog’s mind and body. A good quality senior dog food could help to maintain your dog’s activity levels.
- Puppy Food: Offers top-of-the-range nutrition for puppies. Puppies have unique nutritional needs during the years of their life. Adult dog food might not be the best option for your pup as it may not contain all the nutrients that puppies need to grow and develop properly. By choosing one of the high-quality puppy foods that Purina has to offer, you’re providing your pup with a nutritional head-start on their life. Complete and balanced puppy food is a good investment to establish the nutritional foundation of a healthy dog to reach the best growth and development potential of a certain breed.
Purina’s delicious dog treat products include the following:
- Chews: The long-lasting dog chew options at Purina are a tasty treat that your dog can enjoy. It comes in different sizes (original, tiny) and flavors (Cheddar & Hickory Smoke, Peanut Butter).
- Jerky and Strips: Whether your canine friend loves chicken, lamb, beef, or even duck, at Purina they have dog jerky treats that your dog is sure to love. These healthy treats have no artificial flavor.
- Bones: Long-lasting dog bones are ideal for dogs of different sizes. Whether your fur pal is big or small, at Purina, they have dog bones he can enjoy which have real-meat centers. It is important to keep the natural instincts of canines in the wild. These bone chews keep their jaws strong while providing a healthy easily digestible treat.
- Dental Chews: The best dental chews for dogs are more than just a fix to freshen your dog’s breath. Purina dog dental chews can also help to reduce tartar buildup or plaque as well as help to support dog teeth and bones. From Honey and Spirulina with tasty chicken and no artificial flavor to oven-baked natural prime bars with pasture-fed bison or wild venison flavors and ancient grains, these treats help dental hygiene with a satisfying crunch.
- Rawhides and Rollhides: The rollhide bones are designed to keep dogs busy and satisfied. This tasty treat with mouthwatering beef flavors is sure to keep your dog’s attention while keeping its teeth clean! These protein-rich savory treats come in different sizes appropriate for your dog breed.
What Cat Products does Purina Sell?
Is Purina a Good Brand?
Purina cat products include an array of cat food formulas made for different individual needs which may include breed and age specifics. It also provides cat food toppers, complements, treats, and different types of cat litter and litter box systems.
A detailed list of the Purina cat food products can be found below:
- Dry Cat Food: Dry cat food is popular among cat owners for a variety of reasons. Cats can enjoy their dry crunchy kibble throughout the day so it can be left all day without being spoiled easily. As an added benefit, it helps to keep their teeth clean. All their dry cat food brands are both complete and balanced to provide your cat-friend with the nutrition she needs. For a better cat meal experience and prevention of urinary tract diseases, it is best to mix dry food and wet food or add cat food toppers.
- Wet Cat Food: Mouthwatering wet foods for cats could help cats get in more water through their diet with dry food alone. As Purina wet cat food is high in protein, it will support your cat’s lean muscles. This cat food provides complete nutrition with a splendid variety. You can find these products served in cans or pouches. It all depends on your preferred packaging, storage, and flavor.
- Grain-Free Cat Food: Purina moisture-rich and high protein formula grain-free cat food options help to deliver the right balance of nutrients for your adult cat’s needs without the addition of grains. These wet cat foods come in chicken or beef flavors.
- Natural Cat Food: Purina natural cat food products are available in wet and dry varieties, and they have an abundance of natural cat food flavors. You’ll have no trouble finding something that your cat will like without having to skimp on high-quality ingredients.
- Senior Cat Food: Just like kittens, older cats have unique nutritional needs. Quality senior cat food could help your feline friend to live their best life well into their golden years.
- Kitten Food: Offers advanced nutrition for kittens. Younger cats have unique nutritional needs which is why it’s ideal for them to enjoy a well-balanced Purina cat food.
- Cat Food Toppers & Complements: Cats love variety, which is why adding a delicious cat food topper or a cat food complement to their food is a great way to spice up their food. Purina has various cat food toppers like broths, gravy, appetizers, shakes, grillers, and many more.
A detailed list of the Purina cat treat products follows below:
- Dry Cat Treats: If your cat loves cat treats, Purina has many crunchy and tasty treat options to choose from. You’ll be sure to find something to satisfy your cat’s cravings while promoting dental health.
- Wet Cat Treats: While many cats enjoy crunchy dry treats, others might prefer the softer texture that wet cat treats offer. Purina wet cat treats come in various tasty flavors that cats crave, like their chicken and salmon flavors.
- Dental Cat Treats: Everyone may not have the time to clean their cats’ teeth regularly. That’s why Purina dental treats for cats could come in handy. Their dental treats for cats could help to reduce any tartar buildup for improved dental health. Plus, these treats come in many tasty chicken or salmon flavors that cats love.
What is Purina’s Cat Litter?
The Purina cat litter products are sold under the Tidy Cats and Yesterday News line of products. Below is a list of these litters:
- Tidy Cats Clumping Cat Litter: These are extra absorbing, easily scoopable, and dust-free litters.
- Tidy Cats Lightweight: The lightweight litters are extra strong when fighting odors and are available in various options based on scent and activity type.
- Tidy Cats Non-Clumping Litter: The non-clumping litters are maintenance-free for up to a week and suitable for owners with busy schedules.
- Tidy Cats Unscented Litter: The unscented litters are best for fussy cats that dislike standard litter scents.
Yes, Purina is a good brand. They pride themselves on providing top-quality pet products for over 90 years. To that, Purina is one of the first choices in the pet food industry.
Where can I Buy Purina?
You can buy Purina online through the brand’s official web store, in major retailers around the country and online, and in licensed veterinary clinics (applies to the Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets). You can fing Purina’s major retailers below:
- Tractor Supply Co
- Pet Supplies Plus
Is Purina a Healthy Dog Food Brand?
Yes, Purina is a healthy dog food. The Purina dog food brand is trustworthy and healthy because it uses scientifically backed-up recipes. It might not be the healthiest dog food because specific recipes include ingredients that may be questionable like chicken and meal byproducts, whole grain wheat, and soybean meal as non-animal protein sources.
Do Vets Recommend Purina Dog Food?
Yes, vets recommend Purina. Their products are generally formulated using the expertise of over 400 scientists including nutritionists, veterinarians, and behaviorists. Additionally, the +140 targeted formulas are made of high-quality nutrients and meet the AAFCO standards.
“Purina offers a wide range of options for both dogs and cats. It is best to mix their dry and wet food or add their nutritious and flavorful toppers for a healthy diet and make sure to provide ad libitum clean fresh water everyday especially when offering dry kibbles to stay away from urinary tract diseases due to lack of fluids.” – Athena Angela Gaffud, DVM