Related Articles: Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for Bed, Dog Ramp for Car, Dog Ramp for Stairs, Dog Ramp for Couch, Small Dog Ramp, Adjustable Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for SUV, Outdoor Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for Truck, Dog Ramp for High Bed, Dog Boat Ramp, Folding Dog Ramp, Dog Agility Ramp, Large Dog Ramp, Foam Dog Ramp, Dog Dock Ramp, Portable Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp with Rails, Wooden Dog Ramp, Extra Wide Dog Ramp, Cheap Dog Ramp, Dog Pool Ramp
Best RV Dog Ramps Summary
- Best Overall RV Dog Ramp: PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp
Tested for safety and durability, this RV dog ramp is lightweight, easy to store, and made in the USA.
- Best Aluminum RV Dog Ramp: PetSafe Happy Ride Deluxe Telescoping Pet Ramp
This telescoping RV dog ramp is adjustable and capable of supporting pets weighing up to 400 lb.
- Best Tri-Fold RV Dog Ramp: Pet Gear Travel Lite Ramps for Dogs
This tri-fold RV dog ramp is slip-resistant, compact, and comes with rubber grippers for better stability.
- Most Affordable RV Dog Ramp: TRIXIE Pet Ramp Small
In addition to being ideal for smaller dogs, this RV dog ramp is easy to clean and space-friendly.
- Best Telescoping RV Dog Ramp: Pet Trex Titan Telescoping Aluminum Pet Ramp
Made of light aluminum, this telescoping RV dog ramp is compact, lightweight, and perfect for traveling.
- Best Bi-Fold RV Dog Ramp: Heavy Duty Portable Folding Dog Ramp
Made from high-quality plastic, this non-slip RV dog ramp is sturdy, durable, and easily foldable for storage.
What is an RV Dog Ramp?
An RV dog ramp is a dog ramp or car ramp designed specifically for recreational vehicles. RVs require special ramps because they are higher than the average vehicle.
The increased height of the RV increases the risk of injuries when dogs try to get on and off. This is where RV dog ramps kick in – they help RV travelers make RVing with dogs safe and fun.
What are the Benefits of RV Dog Ramps?
The RV dog ramp is perfect for enabling dogs to get on high RVs without straining their joints or their owners’ backs. Here is a closer look at the benefits of RV ramps for dogs:
- Travel with Pets. RV dog ramps allow RV travelers to accompany their pet best friends on vacations and adventures without second thoughts. These dog ramps allow pets to be self-dependent and climb the RV easily.
- Easy to Store. As most RV dog ramps are bi-fold and collapsible, these dog ramps are easy to store anywhere in the RV. Some also come with a carrying case, while others come with a carrying handle.
- Durable and Sturdy. RV dog ramps are constructed from aluminum, rubber, or plastic, which keeps them sturdy and durable. Further, they are easy to clean with running water or a damp cloth.
The Best RV Dog Ramps Reviewed
Here are some of the best RV dog ramps reviewed with thorough research.
Summary: This folding pet ramp by PetSafe is best for RV with a floorboard of height up to 28 inches. Any height more than that will make the pet ramp have a steeper slope. This pet ramp is 62 inches long.
It is constructed from durable plastic and weighs only 10 pounds. The high traction surface has a sandpaper-like surface that can be replaced (the tread is sold separately for $15). The ramp easily holds in half and is easy to store anywhere within your RV.
Weight Capacity: 150 pounds
Size: one size, 62 x 16 x 4 inches
- Suitable for low floor RV
- Multipurpose use for cars, trucks, beds
- Safety latch to keep it folded
- Safety tested and durable
- More suitable for medium size dogs
- Replacement tread available (sold separately)
- Rubber feet at the bottom
- Not too stable
Review: The product has over 10,000 reviews, with around 60% five-star reviews. Dog owners find it lightweight, easy to carry, and perfect for senior dogs.
Summary: Looking for a longer pet ramp for your RV? This dog ramp by PetSafe is about 10 inches longer than the one mentioned above. It is 72 inches long, making it perfect for an RV with high floorboards.
The ramp is made of aluminum and weighs only 13 pounds. It is extendable and not foldable. It can still be easily stored, and it comes with a built-in solid latch to keep it closed. It also has side rails for protection, rubber feet for stability, and a carrying handle.
Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
Size: 39-72 inches L X 17 inch W X 4 inch H
- Suitable or large dogs as well
- Best for RV due to extra-long length
- Side rails for extra protection
- Stays hidden in RV with carrying case
- Easy to carry while traveling
- Traction pad is a worry
Review: The product has 63% five-star reviews. It’s perfect in all regards for smaller dogs and senior dogs alike, except the traction pad. But with a bit of improvement, like using a non-skid kitchen liner, the walking pad worked for many users.
Summary: This tri-fold dog ramp by PetGear is another suitable ramp for RVs. It comes with a reasonable length of 71 inches allowing it to align suitably.
It is easy to carry as it has handles on top. Plus, it is curved on top to keep it stably fixed over the car’s resting surface. Also, the rubber grippers in the lower end make it keep stable. It does not have side rails but has a sure footing slip-resistant surface.
Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
Size: 71 L x 16 W x 4-inches H
- Available in 2 colors
- Tri-fold for easy storage
- Carrying handle for portability
- Rubber feet for stability
- Traction mat for sure footing
- Suitable for all pet sizes
- No side rails
Review: The product has 51% of five-star ratings. It worked for many and disappointed a few. The sandpaper walking pad is the issue, but it can be replaced with rubber or carpet mats. It is good for its length, durability, and lightweight.
Summary: Trixie’s pet ramp is best for an RV with low floorboards. The curved design at the top fits into the place well enough. The bottom is designed smartly to keep it stable without any rubber feet.
It is made of plastic and rubber, which provides quite a promising look. Plus, it also has side rails for protection. It can be placed at a maximum height of 18 inches, and the manufacturer states it is best suited for small dogs.
Weight Capacity: 110lbs
Size: 39 inch x 15in x 2 inches
- Ideal for small dogs
- Small in size but stable
- Easy to clean
- For use indoors and outdoors
- Safer with side rails
- Very affordable in pricing
- Weighs 7 pounds only
- Non-slip surface
- Not foldable
- Small in length
Review: The product is perfect for small dogs, but you may find it difficult to store as it is not foldable. Besides this, it is stable, strong, and lightweight.
Summary: This is an aluminum pet ramp by PetTrax. It is not foldable, but expandable (has a telescoping design. For storage, it slides inward. It doesn’t mention if it has a safety latch or not, though.
The walking surface is more promising with ridges all over. Also, it has two big rubber feet on either side for stability. It is constructed from aluminum, rubber, and plastic and comes with a chain handle for easy carrying.
Weight Capacity: 220lbs
Size: 26-62 in Lx 4 in W x 4in H
- The walking tread ensures sure footing
- Strong rubber feet for stability
- Side rails for protection
- Lightweight and durable
- Long enough RV and trucks
- Not wide enough
Review: The product has many five-star reviews by pet owners on Amazon. People love it for its walking surface and portable design. However, its width and instability are a few common dealbreakers.
Summary: This 62-inch plastic dog ramp can be a good choice for RV. For one, it’s made of plastic, is lightweight, and folds into half.
It has side rails for protection, a carrying handle for portability, and a safety latch for locking it. This RV ramp also has two rubber feet and a sandpaper-like walking surface to keep dogs stable and comfortable using the pet ramp.
Weight Capacity: 200 lbs
Size: 60 x 16 x 5 inches
- Includes a carrying handle
- Non-slip rubber surface
- Bi-fold and made of plastic
- Weighs only 9 pounds
- Suitable and long enough for RV
- Side rails for protection
- High traction ramp’s surface
- Poor walking surface
Review: The product has 55% of 5-star reviews. It is a bit unsteady but works well once the doggie gets used to it. Also, the walking tread can be replaced with a carpet or rubber mat to make it anti-slipping.
What is the Best RV Dog Ramp?
PetSafe Happy Ride Folding Pet Ramp is our best RV dog ramp. As an RV owner, if you are looking for the best RV dog ramp for your furry friend, here are some of the considerations to make:
- Ramp Length. Length is the main consideration when choosing RV steps or ramps. Look for a product that is not too short in length, especially if the floor height of the RV is more than 20 inches. The steepness of the ramp placement will make it difficult for the dog to climb.
- Walking Surface. The walking surface needs to be anti-slip. Most manufacturers use a textured surface to increase the traction and ensure the dog is safe while climbing the RV dog ramp.
- Safety Features. It is advisable to check whether the dog RV dog ramp has side rails. They will make its use much safer. Since dogs tend to be scared of heights, featuring side rails is a big plus.
- Foldability. More often than not, you will run out of space in your RV. This is why ensure that your chosen RV dog ramp is foldable or collapsible to facilitate easy storage. Most dog ramps are telescoping and space-friendly.
- Material. Dog ramps are available in different materials: wood, plastic, and metal. Some of them serve the purpose better than others. In general, aluminum is the go-to material – it is the lightest option while sturdy enough.
- Warranty. You might also want to look at the warranty to ensure that you get the value for the money invested. Usually, high-quality RV dog ramps from reputable brands come with longer warranties and even money-back guarantees.
- Use the folding ramp to help your best friend get in and out of your car, minivan or SUV all by themselves to improve road trips together.
- High-traction surface and side rails keep your furry friend from slipping or falling when walking on the ramp.
- Ramp easily folds in half and locks with the safety latch to let you conveniently store it in your vehicle.